AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 17:26   Link #161
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
To amoirsp: How do you get the 'another story'? Is it in CLANNAD the game? Or do you have to buy a seperate CD for that?
The official another story, "CLANNAD ~光見守る坂道で~" is a series of short stories that was serialized on Dengeki G's in 2004 after the release of CLANNAD earlier in the year. It's essentially a collection of short stories written by the scenario writers who felt like there was still something they wanted to tell about the characters of CLANNAD. The contents included:

Spoiler:

The stories (+2 more original extra chapters) are now published in a single book, which you can get here:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4840232504/

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-12-01 at 19:47.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 08:43   Link #162
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, thanks for the headups, Sushi. However, shouldn't we put that in spoiler tags just in case someone doesn't want to get spoiled about future events, even if its a little vague?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 21:00   Link #163
Oppius
Banned

Is it me or Nagisa's parents look young?

They look at least only 5-6 years older Nagisa herself.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 02:44   Link #164
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post

Yes, they look young. They were likely designed to look young. The protagonist thinks they look young. Anyone can think they look young since they do.

Then again fictional scenarios can have younger/unusual circumstances, and fortunately an adult looking young is not particularly extreme.

And yes they likely do look at least 5 - 6 years older than Nagisa herself which was why in an earlier episode (or early in the game), Tomoya was like is this lady (referring to Sanae) Nagisa's sister? or mother?

Of course because of parental age differences with their children, aside from more extreme circumstances, you can assume they're at least 30s (like mid 30s or greater). The actual number isn't disclosed (though for most characters, it isn't. Since you have character identification as either some grade level student or an adult, you have a good enough age range to guess.)

Sushi, thanks very much for the Another Story information. Makes me want to purchase one and see the contents, if I could ever read it that is.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 03:06   Link #165
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post

The miraculous power of Asian people handed down from generations to generations. No kidding, you might even mistake a 50 years old to be only around 30 to 40 years old. But actually, those who eats those weird foods in KEY games are quite young. Akiko with her Jam, Sanae and Akio with their weird bread. You might also gain eternal youth if you combine the two.

dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 09:45   Link #166
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I'm glad I'm Asian...

But actually it's KEY's tradition to have mothers hotter than their daughter, yup.
Also it is because Akkio and Sanae got married at a young age as well, which is quite uncommon in modern days. Nowadays people don't get married until their 20s.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 18:20   Link #167
Aetheri

Now that Fuuko's arc is over, I have a question about episode 6 and 7:
Spoiler for Episode 6/7:
Aetheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 19:05   Link #168
Chaotic_Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetheri View Post
Now that Fuuko's arc is over, I have a question about episode 6 and 7:
Spoiler for Episode 6/7:
Spoiler for answer to Aetheri's question:
Chaotic_Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 13:18   Link #169
Louie Louie

umm.. is anybody here know where i can get the Clannad Manga??? please....
Louie Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 03:47   Link #170
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Louie View Post
umm.. is anybody here know where i can get the Clannad Manga??? please....
Which language you want it in? If it's Chinese, I can(as usual) help if you pm me.
Old 2007-12-07, 04:39   Link #171
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
Akiko with her Jam, Sanae and Akio with their weird bread. You might also gain eternal youth if you combine the two.
And wouldn't eating that cocktail be something akin to combining matter and anti-matter? If so, heaven help us if someone brave (or stupid) enough to make the combo then consume it. *ducks for cover in a nearby disused fallout shelter*

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 04:42   Link #172
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I don't understand ig. Akiko's jam is lethal all right, but apart from 'not good', how is Sanae's bread dangerous at all? Aren't you people exaggerating it too much?

P.S. My brother is cross-dressing and will be walking around in Bayswater, London this afternoon from 3pm to 4pm as punishment. If you are in UK, try look for him! Reward given if you can find us.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-12-07 at 05:08.
Old 2007-12-07, 06:49   Link #173
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
I don't understand ig. Akiko's jam is lethal all right, but apart from 'not good', how is Sanae's bread dangerous at all? Aren't you people exaggerating it too much?
Perhaps it's exaggerating a bit, but eh, it was just silly hypothesizing. ;)

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 22:55   Link #174
amoirsp

I thought Akiko's Jam and Sanae's Bread was formatted so that you would feel horribly sick when eating it.

Note it's not the bread with rice crackers in it, but rather that rainbow bread.

So yes, it would have to be the "special" bread, being the one that's rainbow coloured. (Don't forget, in a sense Akiko does have normal jams, but there's one secret recipe one, and that one is lethal. So actually, technically Sanae does have an equivalent, it just hasn't been used yet, but clearly implied, but not actually used.)
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 08:48   Link #175
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not sure if this was asked, but what was Tomoya and Kyou's relationship before the anime? They call each other by first names and they're not even in the same class so I thought that was weird.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 08:57   Link #176
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I'm not sure if this was asked, but what was Tomoya and Kyou's relationship before the anime? They call each other by first names and they're not even in the same class so I thought that was weird.
Apparently, Tomoya and Kyou were in the same class in their 2nd year (they are currently 3rd years/Seniors) and have been friends. Good enough friends that Kyou trusts Tomoya enough to let him know about her bike. It's probably just Tomoya's style to refer to girls like that. He has absolutely no right to refer to Tomoyo (whom he just met and isn't really even friends with) by her first name with no honorific, yet he does and Tomoyo herself apparently doesn't mind. The notable exception of Nagisa is probably due to the fact that she is Tomoya's love interest if the anime follows the game at all.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:51   Link #177
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Apparently, Tomoya and Kyou were in the same class in their 2nd year (they are currently 3rd years/Seniors) and have been friends. Good enough friends that Kyou trusts Tomoya enough to let him know about her bike. It's probably just Tomoya's style to refer to girls like that. He has absolutely no right to refer to Tomoyo (whom he just met and isn't really even friends with) by her first name with no honorific, yet he does and Tomoyo herself apparently doesn't mind. The notable exception of Nagisa is probably due to the fact that she is Tomoya's love interest if the anime follows the game at all.
Well, he does call Ryou "Fujibayashi," in the same way he called Nagisa by her family name until recently. Not sure what the story is there, where he knows Kyou well enough (and his standards aren't high, as you said) to call her by her given name, yet not her sister.
VRMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 10:35   Link #178
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
Well, he does call Ryou "Fujibayashi," in the same way he called Nagisa by her family name until recently. Not sure what the story is there, where he knows Kyou well enough (and his standards aren't high, as you said) to call her by her given name, yet not her sister.
He probably didn't know Ryou until they were put into the same class this year. Knowing someone's sister doesn't really mean anything. I'm guessing they made it this way so that Tomoya can't call Ryou by her first name. I mean, just typing Ryou and Kyou is hard to distinguish. Tomoya must refer to Ryou as Fujibayashi to alleviate confusion. Besides, Ryou seems a lot more uptight and conservative than Kyou and probably wouldn't like to have Tomoya, whom she barely knows, by her first name only.

Pandering over how close Tomoya is to each girl is pretty pointless in this situation. Realistically, Tomoya shouldn't be referring to any of them by first name with no honorific. It is by far the most intimate level of communication. A situation where this is appropriately used is between sisters in Minami-ke, who refer to each other like this (as "Chiaki" and "Kana").
Old 2007-12-09, 15:46   Link #179
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I'm guessing they made it this way so that Tomoya can't call Ryou by her first name. I mean, just typing Ryou and Kyou is hard to distinguish.
I don't think that's the case, since their Kanji names

杏(Kyou) <-> 椋(Ryou)

are different enough. It is more of a plot matter ,really.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:27   Link #180
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on honorifics here, so I'm going to ask. What is more intimate/friendly here, Kotomi or Kotomi-chan?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote