AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 30 62.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 10.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-24, 09:22   Link #21
eduard3

I've been a fan of this manga since Ayumi's conquest and I somewhat always preferred the manga over the anime although I did love seeing it get animated.
This final ep was just awesome....I'm not really a Chihiro fan but DAMN did they do a good job portraying the final part of this arc. It just left me wishing for a happy ending for Chihiro...and Keima just experienced for the first time that he can't lead everyone to the good ending...

I love how Ayumi was practically saying that she'd love Keima despite all the bad traits she knows about him. Looking forward to seeing her interactions with him get animated hehe.

GOOD EP! 10/10
Old 2013-09-24, 09:25   Link #22
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
So who is Akari again? Keima recognizes her, but I don't remember her.
That's the problem with anime team skipping so many girl arcs.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:13   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Excellent final to a great season. Definitely my favorite season of TWGOK so far. I actually wasn't a big fan of the first two season and this one made me see the series -and Keima- in a new light. Now I really want to read the manga to see what I missed. Will get on it as soon as I can.

Favorite girl this season other than Shiori was Chihiro. She was really touching in this episode. If I had to choose who Keima should end up with, she'd be the one.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:31   Link #24
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
For an aspiring teenager there's really nothing worse than knowing "nop, you are not special" and have life show you that.

Being Chihiro is suffering...
Old 2013-09-24, 10:34   Link #25
Clarste
Human

While that's also true, what's more directly relevant is Keima basically telling her that she's not a part of his life. "You're not related to any of this." "So I have no reason to talk to you anymore" "Yeah." Having wings in this context is symbolic of being a part of Keima's "world". The World God Only Knows, as it were. Chihiro thinks she's not a part of that world.
Old 2013-09-24, 11:53   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Does anyone know what Tenri said to Diana?
Old 2013-09-24, 12:02   Link #27
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Does anyone know what Tenri said to Diana?
Nope. No one but the author.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:42   Link #28
pampz21
ShipCore

Its probably Keima loved everyone and had became part of who he is!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-09-24, 12:45   Link #29
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
While that's also true, what's more directly relevant is Keima basically telling her that she's not a part of his life. "You're not related to any of this." "So I have no reason to talk to you anymore" "Yeah." Having wings in this context is symbolic of being a part of Keima's "world". The World God Only Knows, as it were. Chihiro thinks she's not a part of that world.
Yeah. It's the second time he's had to pull the "cruel to be kind" angle with Chihiro. Both times he's tried to break her heart cleanly to protect her from his increasingly dangerous situation. In a dating sim where he controls all of the variables, this would be a noble act, but Ayumi and Chihiro have both taken personal responsibility for their own feelings, making it hard to say if he really did the right thing.

I think that Chihiro is a poetically perfect match for Keima, as the one he initially refused to accept as a heroine, since she didn't match up to his archetypal expectations. But that's just my opinion, and one that's been strengthened in the last few weeks due to the focus she's gotten.
Old 2013-09-24, 14:20   Link #30
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Finally I can say, that probably Chihiro fans are right... She may be the one that holds Katsuragi heart... This episode at least is more evident that in the manga itself. I may say that was a perfect adaptation, one that even include moments in the fight inside the Vintage Island, something that the Manga did not shown.

Lot's of questions left to be answered, and a lot more plot to put in motion. I think that this is not the END! Season 4 here we go!
Old 2013-09-24, 14:21   Link #31
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Nope. No one but the author.
Yes you know, read the manga, is explained in the current arc!
Old 2013-09-24, 14:42   Link #32
Solafighter
Hige

Ayumi may be the heroine and she could remember their first kiss(season 1, episode 1) and I'm all over Ayumi, but Chihiro's "bye-bye" blew me away.

I have read in this part of the forum, that Chihiro is the only girl, who loves Keima, for who he really is. So damn right.

Ayumi 'is the first place in my heart', but Chihiro is closely second.
Old 2013-09-24, 15:00   Link #33
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
Yes you know, read the manga, is explained in the current arc!
Not yet. At least not in detail. We know enough to make a really good guess though.
Old 2013-09-24, 20:57   Link #34
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Is no one here gonna question how Kanon knew how to sing a song Chihiro wrote like a day before?
Old 2013-09-24, 21:39   Link #35
Clarste
Human

Didn't she say she wasn't going to sing that song at the festival? Since the rest of the band didn't have time to practice it either. That said, maybe what she was humming earlier was the same song: I can't remember.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:30   Link #36
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Didn't she say she wasn't going to sing that song at the festival? Since the rest of the band didn't have time to practice it either. That said, maybe what she was humming earlier was the same song: I can't remember.
It was the same.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:46   Link #37
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Is no one here gonna question how Kanon knew how to sing a song Chihiro wrote like a day before?
I noticed that but thinking about it too much would ruin the scene for me. I just assume there's a plausible reason for it and that's it...
Old 2013-09-25, 00:00   Link #38
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I noticed that but thinking about it too much would ruin the scene for me. I just assume there's a plausible reason for it and that's it...
All but two of them are goddesses with giant sets of wings growing out their backs and they all went and stopped the evil hell uprising together.

Given those circumstances I think we can chalk it up to magic.
Old 2013-09-25, 01:52   Link #39
trenton_dawn
Silt

I always figured Yui or Elsie had invited her and showed her how it goes (since the two of them and Kanon are the ones who know about all the goddesses). After all, the battle was in the night and morning and the concert wasn't until the next evening--there would have been time..right?

Edit: Anyway, I was actually really impressed by this episode. In my opinion, the anime (in all its seasons) has always done quite well with the comedic timing of Kami Nomi, but it has also really struggled with recapturing the more poignant moments, either rushing them too much or dragging them out too long. But they hit the nail pretty hard with this episode, which I had been expecting them to just do 'okay' with. The animation was also at a higher standard than most of the season. Together with the last episode, a strong ending to the season.

Last edited by trenton_dawn; 2013-09-25 at 03:29.
Old 2013-09-25, 04:40   Link #40
ices
Working Hard

And no one question why Chihiro could see the wings?

Ah, we need Chihiro Character discussion threads already....
Closed Thread