AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-19, 14:17   Link #21
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

lllustrations 7
https://imgur.com/a/Vhxuv
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 14:32   Link #22
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Cosplay Mashu

Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 14:33   Link #23
Cinnamon

I'm fascinated by shogi and manga and light novels that depicts it. The permutations and strategies that can happen due to the drop in-system makes it a lot more "dramatic" than regular chess. The fact that shogi-matches rarely results in a draw makes it a better fit I think.
Old 2018-01-19, 14:39   Link #24
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

lol poor Ginko has been reduced to the joke character when she isn't playing shogi for a while and it seems it hasn't changed so far .
Old 2018-01-19, 14:41   Link #25
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
lol poor Ginko has been reduced to the joke character when she isn't playing shogi for a while and it seems it hasn't changed so far .
Was she the engaged one you mentioned last page or was it Ai?
Old 2018-01-19, 14:44   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Ai = little girl main heroine, Rorioh no apprentice
Ginko = silver hair and Rorioh's childhood friend and fellow apprentice of the same master
Old 2018-01-19, 15:33   Link #27
sasabit

How skilled is the MC compared to all the other Shogi masters? From the synopsis it sounded like he was the strongest shogi player in the world but that doesnt seem to be the case. Whos better than him?
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 17:28   Link #28
thefreakmike

Could we get some spoilers on what the story has been up to? If not it would be cool to see the illustrations from the other volumes, the anime, for being promoted as "loli bait", has some charm to it and isnt putting the shogi aspect in the backburner, which is a plus
Old 2018-01-26, 01:25   Link #29
Kunagisa

Quote:
I don't think she's a joke character. I say she got the 2nd biggest progression after Yaichi. If anything, she has the most room to grow so far still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
How skilled is the MC compared to all the other Shogi masters? From the synopsis it sounded like he was the strongest shogi player in the world but that doesnt seem to be the case. Whos better than him?
The third strongest character (Souta) in the novel thinks Yaichi revolutionizes playing Shogi. If I have to rank them, Yaichi is probably 2 or 3rd strongest in the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Could we get some spoilers on what the story has been up to? If not it would be cool to see the illustrations from the other volumes, the anime, for being promoted as "loli bait", has some charm to it and isnt putting the shogi aspect in the backburner, which is a plus
I was told volumes 1-5 are summarized elsewhere.

Spoiler for Volume 6:

Spoiler for Volume 7:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 13:29   Link #30
sasabit

Wow thanks for the spoilers! Im curious, how big of a role does red Ai have? I heard that she is kinda unimportant which sucks because she's the character Im most interested in.
Old 2018-01-26, 13:54   Link #31
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I don't think she's a joke character. I say she got the 2nd biggest progression after Yaichi. If anything, she has the most room to grow so far still.

The third strongest character (Souta) in the novel thinks Yaichi revolutionizes playing Shogi. If I have to rank them, Yaichi is probably 2 or 3rd strongest in the novel.

I was told volumes 1-5 are summarized elsewhere.

Spoiler for Volume 6:

Spoiler for Volume 7:
Thanks for the spoilers! I don't know why people keep shitting on Ginko, I may just have read volume 1 and I'm watching the anime but I can clearly see a large potential for character growth to her, also, I really hope that Yaichi will not date/marry Ai at the end, if it's any girl of the series close to his age I'm okay, but with a nine year old girl? nope, gives me a bitter taste.
Old 2018-01-26, 13:58   Link #32
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
I'm fascinated by shogi and manga and light novels that depicts it. The permutations and strategies that can happen due to the drop in-system makes it a lot more "dramatic" than regular chess. The fact that shogi-matches rarely results in a draw makes it a better fit I think.
Go should still have more permutations because of more legal moves. Reading can get insanely deep when a player draws out a fight that spreads across the entire board leading to an all or nothing game. On top of reading ahead for both games, Go employs more pattern recognition and thin slicing, alternating between macro and micro views and focus more on army deployment (with no concern to the type of troops) as opposed to coordinating different capabilities of different kinds of troops in shogi. I guess it is also for this reason I find Shogi to be particularly hard in a different way. Unique piece have unique moves and there are a lot more vectors than chess from that alone. On top of that, promotion system and prisoner-usage further increase the number of vectors. Not to mention the colors are the same for both sides and the facing is what differentiates the armies (so that prisoners can be re-used).

While I can't explain it well, the permutations resulting from Shogi and those resulting from Go cannot be compared in an apple-to-apple fashion. I suppose they activate different parts of the brain.

It could also be I'm n00b to Shogi and just used to playing Go a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamaki Izayoi View Post
Thanks for the spoilers! I don't know why people keep shitting on Ginko, I may just have read volume 1 and I'm watching the anime but I can clearly see a large potential for character growth to her, also, I really hope that Yaichi will not date/marry Ai at the end, if it's any girl of the series close to his age I'm okay, but with a nine year old girl? nope, gives me a bitter taste.
You are looking at the 9-year old rather than the age-gap which will be acceptable in another 10 years. I'm not shipping anyone though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-26, 14:04   Link #33
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamaki Izayoi View Post
lol nope
That's called looking forward the future.
Old 2018-01-26, 14:07   Link #34
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Go should still have more permutations because of more legal moves. Reading can get insanely deep when a player draws out a fight that spreads across the entire board leading to an all or nothing game. On top of reading ahead for both games, Go employs more pattern recognition and thin slicing, alternating between macro and micro views and focus more on army deployment (with no concern to the type of troops) as opposed to coordinating different capabilities of different kinds of troops in shogi. I guess it is also for this reason I find Shogi to be particularly hard in a different way. Unique piece have unique moves and there are a lot more vectors than chess from that alone. On top of that, promotion system and prisoner-usage further increase the number of vectors. Not to mention the colors are the same for both sides and the facing is what differentiates the armies (so that prisoners can be re-used).

While I can't explain it well, the permutations resulting from Shogi and those resulting from Go cannot be compared in an apple-to-apple fashion. I suppose they activate different parts of the brain.
Go is indeed very complex, but luckily, the rules are simple so it's easy to learn, hard to master. What I find fascinating with shogi is the capture system can be used to allow attacks from a defensive position on the board. Trading of pieces is beneficial to both parties as they can be dropped in enemy base whenever and due to pieces always being on the board, it's always never a draw.
Old 2018-01-26, 14:10   Link #35
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
lol nope
That's called looking forward the future.
Just my personal view, I like Ai but I would enjoy it more if her relationship with Yaichi remained that of master/disciple or even a onii chan/imouto one, I also seriously don't get this obssession over lolis too.
Old 2018-01-26, 14:45   Link #36
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

For tastes, colors.
Old 2018-01-27, 02:26   Link #37
Iroha Isshiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Spoiler for Volume 7:
I agree with what you said about Keika. Many readers completely underestimating her, but for me, she is one of the best characters so far in this series. She is my waifu and I really want her for Yaichi, especially when she admit that she loves Yaichi and wants him to take responsibility and marry her if she didnt get Ryou's title. Also when she gets her win against Ayumu's master, without it Yaichi will never win the match against meijin. But I'm so sad she was overshadowed by Ai and Ginko.
Iroha Isshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 04:46   Link #38
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Go is indeed very complex, but luckily, the rules are simple so it's easy to learn, hard to master. What I find fascinating with shogi is the capture system can be used to allow attacks from a defensive position on the board. Trading of pieces is beneficial to both parties as they can be dropped in enemy base whenever and due to pieces always being on the board, it's always never a draw.
purely by system, I'd say I like Go more than Shogi, Go match can go very deep since the board is essentially free for all, which required very extreme planning for the end game, in fact, in Go, situation when 1 weaker side suddenly turn around is actually very common. In Shogi, advantageous side is more recognizable, and shogi have a lot of rule, which like Lare mentioned, the hostage rule. considering each piece have their own moveset as well, learning curve for shogi is actually pretty bad.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 20:54   Link #39
thefreakmike

@Kunagisa Thanks for the spoilers, really appreciate it, recently read a summary for vol 3 somewhere else and I gotta say the novel sure rocks at giving depths to the characters, Keikaīs story sure was something else, and with Masterīs story getting shown, I sure cant wait to see how and what other characters get the spotlight
Old 2018-01-29, 22:18   Link #40
sasabit

So is Yashajin Ai just gonna be a minor character in the future? Does she have any chance against Ai and Ginko?

Tags
comedy, fake harem, fake lolicon king, ga bunko, harem, lolicon king, seinen, shogi, sports