AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 50 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 30.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 01:02   Link #81
SareX

Well I hope it doesn't lol I can't take another one of them wrong turns if you know what I mean. I mean so far this anime is great and all but so was school days in the begining and look how that turned out...*Gets on knees and prays" Please don't dissapoint me people from japan.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:04   Link #82
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SareX View Post
Well I hope it doesn't lol I can't take another one of them wrong turns if you know what I mean. I mean so far this anime is great and all but so was school days in the begining and look how that turned out...*Gets on knees and prays" Please don't dissapoint me people from japan.
STOP WITH THE SCHOOL DAYS COMPARISON!
Old 2007-12-06, 01:19   Link #83
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Another dramatic episode in the series of Myself;yourself. I felt at the beginning that the episode was going kind of slow until the school incident scene. The episode only got better from here on out. The one scene that got a huge responsive chord out of me initially was when Shuu started rampaging in the class room. I thought originally that I wouldn't feel much for the twins' situation, but this episode proved my character prejudice to be false. Somehow this series has been delivering more to me than Clannad which is odd...

I do agree that the series has been a bit inconsistent with the drama, and other things.

And so it appears that the grandma isn't really providing a real backstory... so far.

Ah, once again this episode proves without a doubt that Sana's story is going to be the worst of all the main characters. He can't even feel well enough to stand when he sees a bloody knife.

I rated this episode a 9/10 because it managed to do a lot with plot development, and got me a bit responsive to the characters emotionally. Things, especially by looking at the preview, don't seem to be pointing in a happy ending direction.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:25   Link #84
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just finished watching 10. First thing I want to say is that the Principle and Vice-principle are bastards, How could they honestly believe an anonymous letter involving twins going to a love hotel? That really pissed me off. Atleast Shuusuke and Shuri have a teacher like Yuzuki-sensei to back them up, but still...Then they have the students making remarks aswell? Though this is atleast a little bit more understandable, but I don't blame Shuusuke for getting mad like he did.

Ontop of all that they have a father who is only worried about his reputation and election. I can't wait to see how this is all going to work out in the end. I did think the ending was beautiful and sad with Shuusuke's resolution. I still loved this episode though, for it to make me feel mad,sad and happy it did its job, 10/10.
I'm glad we also got confirmation on what that Grandma has been up to,(Though we all mostly already knew) and some other information.

Can't wait till episode 11!
Old 2007-12-06, 01:28   Link #85
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
You want my full list of reasons?
1. Violence in a romance is a bad thing
2. Black Blood is weird
3. The violence was random with no build up
4. If you're going to show violence, show it!
5. When did that woman even pick up a knife?
1. Yeah, it's a bad thing, but it's not like it doesn't happen. Like in real life. Plus, it wasn't "action violence" and only lasted a short amount of time.

2. Yeah, it is.

3. They've been hinting at insanity for a while...

4. ........

5. When she lost it and decided to pick up the knife that Shuri pricked her finger on that was used to cut the apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought the black worked for the blood. No big deal one way or the other. But I agree it may have been a weird form of self-censorship
It just takes away from the impact of the scene.

Plus, looking at Random Curiosity blog's entry for this episode, when I first took a look, I didn't even know it was blood. I though it was the floor or something... -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Although I did find the scene with the old lady hard to believe, when the old lady said she was going to use Shuri as a sacrifice, she had enough space to run to the door, considering the distance the old lady leaves between them and the rate in which she's walking. Shuri however unrealistically goes further away from the door and allows herself to be cornered..
Shuri was probably in a confused state because:

1. This ever-so-kind old woman suddenly went into a crazy rant
2. This same old woman suddenly picked up a knife and started walking towards her.

And she couldn't think straight. We (viewers) knew she was crazy, but no one in the show suspected her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm surprised, given the atmosphere for twincest in this episode, that no one has yet to make a joke about Shuusuke waxing his pole before heading to his sister's room

I guess people were more focused on other places.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
Just finished watching 10. First thing I want to say is that the Principle and Vice-principle are bastards, How could they honestly believe an anonymous letter involving twins going to a love hotel? That really pissed me off.

but I don't blame Shuusuke for getting mad like he did.

Ontop of all that they have a father who is only worried about his reputation and election. I can't wait to see how this is all going to work out in the end. I did think the ending was beautiful and sad with Shuusuke's resolution.
Actually, it was more megane-yarou than anyone else. He was pretty much picking on them, even being happy that they were getting punished.
The principle didn't do anything extreme. It's not like she was wrong to contact their parent.

I wish Shuusuke actually beat up the people that wrote that... Meh...

My guess on what will happen about the running away:
Twins try to run away, but because they are still teenagers and the world is such a cruel place, they have to return in the end, but end up revealing the step-mom's actions and kicks her out.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-06, 01:31   Link #86
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Shuri was probably in a confused state because:

1. This ever-so-kind old woman suddenly went into a crazy rant
2. This same old woman suddenly picked up a knife and started walking towards her.

And she couldn't think straight. We (viewers) knew she was crazy, but no one in the show suspected her.
I agree, They all thought she was a kind, sad old lady, not a crazy one. I would think you'd be a little shocked aswell if you were in Shuri's shoes.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:34   Link #87
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
The Letter:
Well, I think that the letter was sent by the step-mom. A love hotel was mentioned, and the step-mom went into a love hotel with someone guy (the step-mom is such a bitch-whore-slut).

Another strong possibility might have been that someone got carried away with their imagination when he/she saw Shuu and Shuri holding hands. The power of imagination.

The Chalk:
2 possibilities come to mind.

First, the lame-ass vice principal might of wrote it considering his immature state since he's so hellbent in punishing the twins (maybe students in general).

Second, a immature student may have written it after hearing about the letter to help him/her feel better.

I mean come on, Asami!?!? WTF? The same Asami who got stabbed to save Shuri? Man, that alone should be more than enough to make you not think of Asami when thinking of who might of sent the letter and who wrote on the chalkboard.

-----

I seriously doubt the twins have anything more than close sibling love. If not, well I really wouldn't mind. Sure, incest is nasty, but I mean I don't see anything wrong with it. Not that I would date anyone related in blood.

-----

And I knew that old-bitch was crazy. I friggin knew it.

-----

The suicide theory of Sana is highly likely. Since after he saw the blood on the knife and reacted very strongly to it compared to other sights of blood.

This may have been because he used a knife to commit suicide and the sight on blood on a knife just reminds him what he tried to do so strongly.

Also, he was grabbing his wrist with the watch with the other hand. The scar may be under the watch, which is why he never takes it off.
Old 2007-12-06, 01:36   Link #88
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
3. They've been hinting at insanity for a while...
Amend, the violence was not random at all in this series. If you didn't expect that crazy hag to crack at some point, you obviously haven't been paying attention to the series very much.

Ah and the black blood is something we shouldn't complain about. They had reasons for censoring, and although weird it helps people stomach it better. Red blood is something that can make quite a bit of people sick to their stomachs due to past traumas and such. Like others said the DVD will probably feature normal red blood.
Old 2007-12-06, 02:01   Link #89
rimaa

Yeah I'm thinking Sana slit his wrist in the past;

I hope they throw a curve ball somewhere in the anime like
a)the uncle wasn't the arsonist,
b)Nana and Sana don't end up together,
c)Sana didn't try to commit suicide but his trauma is due to something else.....

if all three happen(uncle arsonist,Nana/Sana together,tried to commit suicide), I'll be a little disappointed in what is a pretty good series.
Old 2007-12-06, 02:30   Link #90
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaa View Post

c)Sana didn't try to commit suicide but his trauma is due to something else.....

if all three happen(uncle arsonist,Nana/Sana together,tried to commit suicide), I'll be a little disappointed in what is a pretty good series.
Actually, I do not think that the uncle was the arsonist. It's just a feeling, of course. It would be too obvious. I don't mind b) and c)
Old 2007-12-06, 03:23   Link #91
DanielSong39

Best episode so far; the twins' plight really ramped up the drama and gave the series a much needed boost. On the other hand, this series is REALLY jumping around, with little sense of direction... at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent episode 11 destroying Asami's character (to make Nanaka look better), before shoving in a Hinako episode in 12 and having Sana end up with Aoi in 13. This anime is like the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle in action; it's impossible to determine its position and momentum at the same time.

Power Rankings:
1. Asami - Already, I'm cringing in anticipation to what the creators will do to her in subsequent episodes... her character shines so brightly that not one of the other girls even comes close. Maybe Sana will confess to her in the next episode?

2. Hinako - Sadly absent from episode 10 and likely 11; will we see a closure in 12? She may not be ready for a relationship quite yet, but neither is Sana - ah, the joys of seeing an innocent friendship gradually grow into true love...

3. Aoi - Nonexistent, but is that a bad thing? Her voice acting in the intro was absolutely horrific. I would've preferred the Fuyuno voice from Magikano... In any case, let's see if she receives any further development; sad to see her go downhill ever since episode 2...

4. Yuzuki - Liked her spunk; a good preview of what Hinako will be like in ~13 years. But zero indication that she prefers jailbait (thank goodness).

5. Nanaka - She showed some concern for Shuri, which is a plus; not enough to move up in the rankings.

6. Shuri - Well, this episode made it clear where her preferences lie.

7. Shuusuke - I guess he really swings "that way"... has he been reading Boku wa Imouto ni Koi o Suru? "Yori!" "Iku... don't cry!"

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-12-14 at 20:57.
Old 2007-12-06, 04:07   Link #92
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Oh boy, this episode was loaded with the kind of stuff that just makes your blood boil.
Spoiler:

Episode was well done, no Aoi this time around (I'm sure many of you were relieved). Next episode looks like a doozy.

Wild guess: in the end, the matters too big for Sana and co. will be resolved by Hinako's parents, who are not only stinking rich but have a lot of pull. And Shuusuke ends up having to marry into their family.
Old 2007-12-06, 04:39   Link #93
Hage-bai
Banned

Probably one of the best episodes of the series drama wise. Notice which characters didn't contaminate it with their presence.

2 possibilities for the letter:

1: someone in the school sent it and wrote that crap on the board
2: external sender but rumors spread and hence someone played a prank on the board.

I think Asami should still garner some suspicion. It will be a great twist when the hero turns into a villain. Face it, the writers don't have the balls to have a Sana, Asami ending..so this will have to do.
Old 2007-12-06, 05:05   Link #94
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

hemophobia?

also, school days is going down my spine right about now
Old 2007-12-06, 05:14   Link #95
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaa View Post

When Sana was in the bathroom he was definitely clutching at his wrist...I think there is no other possibility. a) could be right, and b) I don't think we'll know anyways if this is indeed advertising for the game.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2007-12-06 at 05:17. Reason: Typo
Old 2007-12-06, 05:15   Link #96
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

If sana was suicidal in the past i dont think his mom will let him live by himself, but then again any situation i cant think of can fit in though
Old 2007-12-06, 05:16   Link #97
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
If sana was suicidal in the past i dont think his mom will let him live by himself, but then again any situation i cant think of can fit in though
Well while that might be true, his mom DOES call him every freaking day for some reason, because I know that moms are not THAT protective unless she's afraid of something.
Old 2007-12-06, 05:58   Link #98
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That had to be one of the most depressing anime episodes of 2007 for me.

Right alongside the finale of Potemayo, KAMINA!!!! and that one sad episode in Kodomo no Jikan.

As for people who say the siblings are a bit too close, yeah it is somewhat disconcerting, but it makes perfect sense since they aren't doing it for the sake of promiscuity but because they really had to rely on each other so much. In that sense, I won't care how far their relationship goes. It was borne out of a sad situation and it just happened to lead to that. I doubt a stranger or a friend could've plucked them out of their situation so conveniently.
Old 2007-12-06, 06:22   Link #99
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah once again, I love this episode for non-romance drama and also it is more realistic, dealing with things that could possibly happen, not corny childhood promises.
Old 2007-12-06, 06:26   Link #100
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm just glad they didn't cheapen the whole thing by making the incest thing a reality. We're not out of the woods yet, but I'd hate if this becomes another Boku wa Imouto angst fest, if only because they've set these characters up as close siblings. Making them go further really does just cheapen the relationship (and the drama).

I didn't mind that at all, since it was absorbing, but I'm not going to proclaim that as well written drama. In the end it was melodrama. Decently executed melodrama, but still melodrama. I hated the fact that, for the set up to work, with the exception of the main cast, absolutely everyone was against Shuri and Shuusuke. The writers just refused to entertain the possibility of allowing the audience to sympathize with the antagonists in any way, since they were all either motivated by selfishness, or were attacking the twins for the sake of antagonism. I prefer it when antagonists have some level of complexity and can somewhat justify their actions, since that's when you see the best drama, IMO.

Not that I think any of this was bad (awkward at times, but not bad). I just wouldn't laud it as a good example of drama. It's an example of good melodrama, provided one is willing to suspend disbelief.

I'll pay Sana's bloodfear, since that's at least something that separates him from the generic male lead. I'm still waiting for Hoshino to be something other than be a plot device, though. The role she's been given doesn't do justice to the awesomeness of her character design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Has anyone noticed how snubbed Aoi is in the storyline. What if... OMG! Aoi sent the note! She also planted false hopes into Grandma Kaji's head. She started the fire and framed Nanaka's uncle too! She has been masterminding this whole thing! Either that or she's just the comic relief.
Goddamn, that would be a legendary plot twist.
Closed Thread