AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 15:35   Link #1981
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Bleh how comes no one has spotted the ultimate ending for Kouichi.... He has Mao on the weekdays and visits Yuumi on the weekends
Old 2008-02-05, 15:39   Link #1982
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Bleh how comes no one has spotted the ultimate ending for Kouichi.... He has Mao on the weekdays and visits Yuumi on the weekends
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!I love the way you think
*Ponders ways to kill off Kouichi and take his place*
Old 2008-02-05, 15:46   Link #1983
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Err...not a good idea if either girls find out. Remember what happened to the last pimp? Ya...yumi seems like the type to have psycho tendencies

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:13   Link #1984
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah there was the episode where she kept telling Kouichi all these romance stories that didn't end well... lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:24   Link #1985
Lego

Not to mention the book that she picked out in 17 ends with the
Spoiler:

Nice going Yuumi

Coincidence, subtle hint? We may never know..

As for my fanboyism side, man is it coming out strong on this series. I've been a dedicated fan for things like My Hime in the past, but nothing as strong as Kimikiss. Curse you inner fanboy, curse you
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:26   Link #1986
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Not to mention the book that she picked out in 17 ends with the
Spoiler:

Nice going Yuumi

Coincidence, subtle hint? We may never know..
Ok thats just creepy and now that you guys mentioned it...Your right all her damn love stories ended in tragedy. Run Kouichi Run before its too late man.
Old 2008-02-05, 16:33   Link #1987
Lego

Ever since School Days our perception of the harem/school romance show has changed forever. The writers are setting up everyone for their final acts with Mao and Yuumi vying for Kouichi and of course the Kaz x Eriko x Asuka triangle. The big thing to remember is that we still have the big kissing scene in the school play coming up and I'm sure Yuumi will still be around for it. Little hints add up like Yuumi not being able to act so Mao takes her place in the play. Can you imagine if the kissing scene in the movie happens before the last episode or a possible confirmed Kouichi x Mao couple? Poor Mao will melt just thinking about it.

But getting back to the books thats one of the little hints that you kind of pick up on through the series. The writers have their outs when it comes to Yuumi's transfer, Mao possibly leaving or remaining single, and a couple other scenarios. We have pretty solid spoilers up until episode 20, so I can imagine us having four episodes of

inducing moments. I keep waiting to see if anyone has a copy of the February Newtype to see if the Kimikiss spoilers inside go up to 20 or 21.
Old 2008-02-05, 16:42   Link #1988
Westlo
Lets be reality

If Hoshino goes "lol nice boat" on Kouichi and Mao while I would be extremely disappointed I can't say they didn't foreshadow it. I'm sure the alarm bells will be ringing in her head over the next few episodes, I will be very interested in her reaction to seeing Mao x Kouichi kiss for the film, especially if those 2 really get into the "role".

Doesn't seem like the directors style though.. but than again the majority of stuff he has directed has been manga adaptions like H&C, Nodame and Major...
Old 2008-02-05, 16:49   Link #1989
littlekitty

I don't think Kouichi will intentionally break up with Yumi for Mao. But I also don't think that he will flat-out reject Mao either if she confesses. Kouichi's too sweet to be the heart-breaking type. Knowing this, I wonder how he will react to Mao's confession...

Either way, Kouichi has a difficult decision to make. He's in for some major drama and lots of tears.

In the end, I can't help but root for Yumi to end up with Kouichi. She is very straightforward when it comes to her feelings, unlike Mao who put her feelings on a guy she didn't even like. And she and Kouichi are really cute together! Still, I wouldn't really mind if Kouichi ended up with Mao, as long as it's done well.
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:21   Link #1990
Lego

I don't hate Yuumi, but I'm a Kouichi x Mao fanatic . I would not be surprised if the culture festival wasn't the last episode where they show the movie. I also think that Kouichi wouldn't flat out break up with Yuumi out of the blue, but you know once Mao gets the urge to confess that he is going to be in two places at once mentally. Yuumi has already started to notice this, especially during their date where he wasn't even watching the movie and she knew it, then he leaves her. Whats the next thing he does in 17? He talks about Mao when they're sitting on a bench. I personally think that there is something inside Kouichi for Mao, and who knows maybe her confessing will trigger it.

Right now Yuumi is giving me the Honoka vibe from Suzuka. I can picture Yuumi pushing Kouichi and Mao together before she goes or her realizing, perhaps painfully that Mao loves Kouichi and Kouichi fits Mao. The interesting thing will be to see just how much Kouichi loves Mao. I'd be VERY surprised if he actually flat out rejected her and pulled the "You're my good friend Mao, sorry".

The agonizing thing is that
Spoiler:

Yuumi and Kouichi's relationship is at a stalemate right now. Sure they go out together, but they don't talk much, just kind of stare at each other, and if you've noticed the whole time Kouichi is with Yuumi hes worrying about Mao. Remember when they got done filming in 16 where he picked up on Mao the whole episode(especially on the train)? I can see a confrontation coming on between Mao and Yuumi especially since Yuumi will most likely be leaving soon, but apparently not until
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-05, 17:27   Link #1991
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If Hoshino goes "lol nice boat" on Kouichi and Mao while I would be extremely disappointed I can't say they didn't foreshadow it. I'm sure the alarm bells will be ringing in her head over the next few episodes, I will be very interested in her reaction to seeing Mao x Kouichi kiss for the film, especially if those 2 really get into the "role".

Doesn't seem like the directors style though.. but than again the majority of stuff he has directed has been manga adaptions like H&C, Nodame and Major...
I assure you that even without a hint of doubt, this series won't go "lol NB" EVER. In fact I say that for romance series to air in the next 5-10 years (people get over paranoid about these things ~ geez).

The "fake" kissing scene would be something I am most egar about seeing. It depends on whether mao tells him that she likes him before or after the kiss scene and depending on which the outcome will be different. I vote for "before" seen as that gives the most angst route

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:37   Link #1992
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh I don't think it will happen, I'm just saying I would be disappointed if it went down that path. I can see why you're rolling your eyes though because I felt exactly the same once MY 03 (I think that was the right episode) came out and all the nice boat talk started up.
Old 2008-02-05, 17:39   Link #1993
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

The question for me now is will they hook up before the final episode and we are given maoxkouichi couple moments or will they screw us and save them hooking up till the last minute of the final epiode?.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 17:42   Link #1994
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm guessing we get screwed with a last moment hook up (at airport? lol...) which leads to us seeing flashes of them (along with everyone else) while they play the complete version of Aozora loop (still not sick of it) for an epilogue scene. That kinda fits with the last series Kenichi Kasai did in Nodame Cantabile (wtb sequel this year).

Edit - Deathkillz I can't stop looking at your avatar! :\
Old 2008-02-05, 18:43   Link #1995
Lego

Why does everyone keep mentioning the airport? If they want to make "Mao leave" they're sure going to have to come up with a huge reason for it in four episodes. They aren't going to graduate at the end of the series since they'll most likely end it with the last episode being the cultural festival so she'll still be there. If Mao gutted it out while using Kai as a Kouichi replacement and tore herself apart with Kouichi x Yuumi I don't know if she'd flee back to France UNLESS Kouichi rejects her or chooses Yuumi(please don't happen).

If you had to ask me I'd like to get a Kouichi x Mao moment instead of a "five seconds to go in the episode, oh look they're a couple now". I'd love to see a passionate kiss, maybe some playing around, or at least a "I love you" moment. But as a Kouichi x Mao fan a simple and solid deceleration that they're a solid couple would be enough for me.

I didn't follow Nodame but from looking at Random's blog it looks like
Spoiler:
. I know that Honey & Clover also had
Spoiler:
. The reason why I don't want to look to much into his other shows is that for both of those he worked off of the manga. So he had a story that he just had to follow in anime form. The Kimikiss anime is different unless he is working off the light novel where
Spoiler:
. Hopefully that doesn't happen, I want a Kouichi x Mao
Old 2008-02-05, 19:13   Link #1996
golthin

Quote:
I didn't follow Nodame but from looking at Random's blog it looks like
Spoiler:
. I know that Honey & Clover also had
Spoiler:
. The reason why I don't want to look to much into his other shows is that for both of those he worked off of the manga. So he had a story that he just had to follow in anime form. The Kimikiss anime is different unless he is working off the light novel where
Spoiler:
. Hopefully that doesn't happen, I want a Kouichi x Mao
someone mentioned that the rule is when they make something in a different media, they use a different plot. It is obvious that they are not going for the ending of the light novel! Of course this doesn't apply to the manga as each girl has a chepter and the manga follows the game better than either the anime or the light novel.

This thread has show a lot of activity lately. Keep it up guys !
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 19:18   Link #1997
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
The question for me now is will they hook up before the final episode and we are given maoxkouichi couple moments or will they screw us and save them hooking up till the last minute of the final epiode?.
now this is what im scared about. its not good that most anime series have couples actually end up together in the last episode. it kinda kills the purpose of all that built up tension in the past 23 episodes only to be treated by a 5 second kiss in the dying moments of the series. Now that they showed references from the manga, i hope that they do more by actually showing some very rabu rabu moments that every chapter of the manga had ( if kouichi actually ends up with mao ).

But since the director is Mr. Kasai, i have great hopes for this series. I also think that the reel "kiss" would happen at around episode 20-22 and the real "kiss" would follow soon after.

Lego was also correct in pointing out the honoka similarities with yuumi, but remember that as of now there is no SOLID evidence that kouichi LIKES mao (we have been given hints, but i am not convinced) unlike in the other series where mr. yamato has definitely the hots for suzuka. It may turn out both ways but i am really pushing for a mao-kouichi ending.

And as for Yuumi's psycho hints, maybe its an easter egg by kansai? a subtle reference to a series that wil bring paranoia to future romance animes as long as there is a hint of yandereness.

oh yeah, now that futami "broke up" with kazuki and sakino's finally putting on the moves, im prepared to raise hell.

side note: 1999th post! and i thought i was the one in the millenium spot!
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 19:22   Link #1998
Lego

Well the manga is going to have a volume for each girl and right now there are two light novels. One with Yuumi and one with Eriko on the cover. But anything like those scare me since you have a director used to adapting and not coming up with original screenplays. I'm not getting my hopes up until I finally see it but one would think that they're [spoiler]trying to lead us into a Mao x Kouichi ending, or at least a shot at one. KM mentioned that
Spoiler:
. So lets hope thats true.

I'm looking at the schedule and we already have concrete spoilers on 18 and 19. 18 airs this week, 19 the next. That will take us to the 23rd of Feb with episode 20 airing. Then March will basically be plot development after plot development since the last four episodes will air during March with the series finishing up on March 22nd. But at least by then we should have the episode titles and a general idea of whats going to happen.

*Edit*

Thats something that I keep glossing over, how much Kouichi likes Mao, if any. We know that he calls her Mao-neechan, which means hes pretty much refering to her as "big sister". They're childhood friends and we know that the connection is still strong between them. The telling point for me was the episode after Mao kissed Kouichi on the forehead. Heres a note form Subculture's blog on that episode:

Quote:
Kouichi remembers the previous night. He wonders what he really thinks about Mao, causing a bit of awkwardness for the both of them.
I just took at look at that scene and Kouichi has a flashback while walking with Mao, stares at her then her lips and asks "I wonder what she thinks of me". I know it isn't a full out "I love Mao", but that has to count for something.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-02-05 at 19:41. Reason: supahem
Old 2008-02-05, 21:13   Link #1999
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm sure we will get a better idea for Kouichi's feelings about Mao once the latter confesses to him. While it's obvious to us that Mao likes/loves him aside from the forehead kiss she's pretty much given him nothing to work off and she always brings Hoshino up as well.

Also I doubt you have to worry about that light novel ending being used, golthin already mentioned other media have different endings and also

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego
I didn't follow Nodame

As for what you spoiler tagged comment... the moment... I would say yes and no... the story isn't really complete since the manga has gone quite a long way past it, I would say more but I don't want to spoil such a fantastic show.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-02-05 at 21:25.
Old 2008-02-05, 22:31   Link #2000
littlekitty

Quote:
The telling point for me was the episode after Mao kissed Kouichi on the forehead. Heres a note form Subculture's blog on that episode:

I just took at look at that scene and Kouichi has a flashback while walking with Mao, stares at her then her lips and asks "I wonder what she thinks of me". I know it isn't a full out "I love Mao", but that has to count for something.
This brings up an interesting point. If Kouichi has romantic feelings for Mao, wouldn't he be thinking a lot more about that kiss on the forehead (in epi 10) and feeling guilty about that kiss when he is on dates with and is kissing Yumi? I know Kouichi was curious about Mao and her feelings towards him back in episode 11, but times have changed- (aka Kouichi got a girlfriend)- and those thoughts are now long gone. Just a thought.

maoXkouichi fans, what do you think about this??
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen