AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 15.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 25.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 32.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 16.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-19, 18:31   Link #41
luckyssol

Wow this episode was way better than I expected.

-Beatrice's funny face when Kanon was reading the letter was priceless
-The goats move a lot faster than I expected and Kanon has got some skills.
-The halloween party wasn't as shocking as the VN but was no less gruesome.
-Red text! This is why I giving this episode a 10. I can't imagine how they could have adapted this any better. Bravo
Old 2009-08-19, 18:42   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

(・3・) Aruehh~
*checks*
Fmmm... I swear I was watching UmiKoro, but before I knew it, I thought I was watching Chaos Head again...
Yuugi: Na~ni ko~re (*laugh*)

Anyways, it was a funny episode.
There was about as much tragedy and emotional moments as Tom & Jerry, thanks to goats appearing out of nowhere with magical swords, Kanon's Real Boot, and magically appearing girls wearing strange outfits and voiced by K-On's characters (main problem is Asmodeus), and those girls spinning around and turning into stakes that fly around the room like a pinball. That, and it felt like the development was fast.
But well, at least it was funny, not boring. Quite forgivable~ *star*

Then we have the red words thing... I guess it looked better in the VN? Either way, in the anime at least, it makes the frozen world thing just that much more surreal. Kind of like watching it on NicoNico.
Still... I wonder how Battler sees those words. When she talks, kanji physically appear and line up?

The rest... The other parts of the episode were too silly, so any normal part was kind of... lacking in impact. Well, Gouta getting speaking time was a new thing.
Iyah~, really interesting anime. Probably in the wrong meaning though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-19, 19:22   Link #43
x[Ame_Bernkastel]x
Witch of kakera

Send a message via MSN to x[Ame_Bernkastel]x
Well it's not bad, but:

The battle between Kanon-kun and the goats, including de stakes was good, but... what was coming didn't look too well. (Not too bad, either)

- The Chappel discussion between Battora and Beato was a bit fail. Too short, not enthusiastic and not using Dead of the Grave BGM.

- The red truth was FTW haha

That's all :3
Old 2009-08-19, 19:24   Link #44
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Then we have the red words thing... I guess it looked better in the VN? Either way, in the anime at least, it makes the frozen world thing just that much more surreal. Kind of like watching it on NicoNico.
In the VN, the red text is just that... red text. Nothing fancy, but nothing that looks out of place, either.
Old 2009-08-19, 19:38   Link #45
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Red Truth is ok, it's to aid the viewers. And did Beato say "red text". She said, "whenever I speak in red".

Now that I think about it, we're going to need a thread for this when the bunch of red text appear. I think they skipped one or two so far, but they are just redundant ones.
Old 2009-08-19, 19:51   Link #46
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Wow. Just saw it. The red truth was DAYUMMM. Just as I imagined it. XD
Old 2009-08-19, 19:52   Link #47
Morhighan
killed Amanda Palmer

The way scenes in the Golden/Night mansion was interesting, I thought they would cut to Beato and Battler in the metaworld, watching the occurrences through a chess board.

Asmo's appearance was really fluid, I enjoyed it. Also, how she starts out sweet sounding but descends to near madness made me happy.

The music during the fight scene was fun also. A bit too quiet in my opinion, but nice to hear a familiar track.
Old 2009-08-19, 19:59   Link #48
tcaz2

I really really liked this episode and thought it was the best one yet.

The only real disappointment for me was no Dread of the Grave (What. the. hell. DEEN.), but I liked System0 being in the bit with the Stakes.

9/10... have to dock it a point for no DotG and the First Twilight argument not being nearly as awesome as it should be/deserves to be.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:21   Link #49
Rias

Pretty good epsiode actually, I especially liked the goat guys. I thought their screentime would've been cut to like "showing up then die off", but it was good the way it is.

Timing is okay, and if they stay this way it should be fine for the next 3 epsiodes. Red text was abit weird for me, as I'm not used to having text moving up and down and left and right, in which I kinda wished they just kept one orientation for the text. I liked Satan's voice, but not Asmo's. Good solid episode.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:52   Link #50
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm expecting Dread of the Grave to play later. If DEEN doesn't AAAAGH!

Ah, but I have hope. Remember that dai is the music director for this one right?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-20 at 04:59.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:03   Link #51
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I liked Asmo's voice much more then I thought I would.
All in all a pretty good episode
Old 2009-08-19, 21:46   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

one quick question:

What about the inscription on the chapel's front? How did they managed it? Did they show the sentences themselves? And did they keep the "m" "b" "t" "q" part?

Old 2009-08-19, 21:47   Link #53
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
one quick question:

What about the inscription on the chapel's front? How did they managed it? Did they show the sentences themselves? And did they keep the "m" "b" "t" "q" part?
They showed Happy Halloween for Maria on the door. The magic circle is also there.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:31   Link #54
BakaOnna

Good, solid episode. The pacing wasn't fast, and most of it remain relatively uncut. But for some reason, I felt the overall episode lacked something. Maybe it was the lukewarm feeling of the meta-scene compared to how I felt all pumped and excited after reading that part in the VN. Or maybe it was because of the lack BGMs used, and I'm not just talking about Dread of the Grave. Suspicion wasn't a bad replacement. But I really wished Goldenslaugherer was used when the cousins' discover the bodies.

Anyway, Asmo's voice made me LOL for some reason. But it's not too bad. Satan sounds fine. And I really love Ohara's cackle. I also liked that the red text sound effect was used and the one that plays when somebody gets stabbed. It was a nice surprise to hear.

Probably giving it an 8, but I watched a really crappy raw. I'll wait until the sub.

Last edited by BakaOnna; 2009-08-19 at 22:44.
Old 2009-08-19, 23:23   Link #55
HigurashinoUmineko

I kinda liked this episode. It had its ups and downs though.
It was kind of rushed (They didn't show Shannon finding the note that said chapel, or Kanon talking to Beatrice in the hall)
No Dread of Grave
Satan's voice was pretty good and Asmo's voice wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
Happy Halloween 1st Twilight was pretty good though (I mean they did skip the part with Rosa throwing up but I don't really care about that detail)
The weapon the goats and Kanon used were okay.. Not what I'd expect it'd look like.
Red text was better than I though. Although I did think that Ohara's voice would be echoed while stating the red text.

Although I give this an 8/10. I thought this was a pretty good episode. It wasn't as rushed as Episode 1 of the anime at least.
Old 2009-08-19, 23:26   Link #56
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I think the loci look a bit more stylish in the anime : D They don't look as bulky as they do in the VN
Old 2009-08-19, 23:36   Link #57
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Hilarious episode.... everytime Asmo speak it make me think Yui, more evil maybe but its definitely her. Satan was less recognizable though. Then the anime top it off with the Kanon name scene and using that same for bgm preview for ep 7. You know, the one where he said he has machinegun on his ass? Needless to say I was laughing all through out.

Finally... no Dread of Grave arrrrrrrrrgggggggh!
Old 2009-08-20, 02:10   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Watched it properly, and my opinion didn't exactly change, so I will leave it with a 8.

This episode pace was a bit rushed, but fairly fine in content anyway although it is the presentation that might be a bit lacking. They didn't omit any important detail, so I was quite satisfied with the cuts (Jessica and Kanon scene might have been dampened a bit, but we know already the awkward situation between them before, so it is fine).

The main problem I have with this episode is perhaps the really crude balance of quality: there were so many still shots here and there that it isn't exactly hard to figure where they favored the budget (I believe they should have balanced the series as a whole, instead of dropping brutally the quality for few episodes).
The other problem I have with this episode is the lack of "pumping" effect by the rather "relaxed" mood between Battler and Beatrice and using suspicion (There are many occasions for them to use Dread of the Grave, but I believe Battler's first "victory" should have been associated with it, for better impact). That said, if they wanted to replace it, I think they should have used a fast pace BGM (not necesseraly from the game) instead of a very slow one.

Side complaint: Asmodeus' voice. No problem with the way how she express herself, but really: too-bloody-high-pitched (it becomes really forced when she pronounces any "K" or when she turns slightly psycho, calling kanon "cutie").
Satan's voice was quite fine, and there was no need for "wrath" in this scene, though I must admit I was expecting something more scornful and deep.
I wonder when we will have an endless surge of fanarts with Asmo and Satan playing instruments

On the other hand, they really got the gist of it with Beatrice's cruelty, it is really entertaining (and Ohara really sounds like enjoying herself ).

Episode 2-3: screencaps, summary (comments later)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-20 at 08:42.
Old 2009-08-20, 02:17   Link #59
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm about to go watch the RAW after I finish the summaries for the Ep5 thread, but would it be spoilerific to ask which Red Truth are mentioned in this episode before I start?
Old 2009-08-20, 02:33   Link #60
Saerianne
*cackle*

Ohara's growing on me a lot now. I'm really starting to like her. Hopefully Asmo's voice will grow on me too. Was higher then I thought from the VN. Would say more but spoilers shall erupt~ Satans voice was good. I hope we get to see her go feral.
I just saw a pic of asmo and satan playing music. XDDD Ahahaha.
The pixels made me laugh. When I get the box set I'll make sure to watch all the gore scenes again.
Jess and Kanon scenes could have been drawn out more, but obviously time restrictions ceased that, so I think they did it well.
Dread of the grave will be used later. Already been said. I'll have to wait for the subs but I think they might have dulled that ownage scene down which is why they didn't use dread.
Closed Thread