AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 18:23   Link #101
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
And now I wanted to show you the SNOW at the end of March. All of the photos are taken from various windows of my apartment (it’s on the 3rd floor). You know that in Japan we’ll have sakura in bloom pretty soon but here it’s still SNOWING.

So, this shot is taken from my room. It’s the yard and you can notice we have security guards in the booth and all of the entrances are closed and can only be opened with a magnetic key.

Now this street on the other side. You can see snow here, too.

This photo wasn’t necessary but I just stuck my hand out of the window to see what I can shoot. You can see a busy crossroads. And you can hardly notice any Russian cars here. All are imports.

The main street is the next block, and it’s much noisier than the place where my home is located. This is mostly a residential area and the majority of buildings on Tverskaya itself are reserved for offices. There are quite a number of mix-used buildings, too.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 22:58   Link #102
Nosauz

Atleast you guys still get snow... Thanks to global warming I haven't seen snow in quite a long while
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 17:22   Link #103
TheZap
Mod Magnet XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Atleast you guys still get snow... Thanks to global warming I haven't seen snow in quite a long while
No more snow D:
well if it wasnt fr the fact that they had no shovels, that would of been nothing compared to what we get in New England
TheZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 01:40   Link #104
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Ever since moving to another country, I sure miss the snow in the states.
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 07:38   Link #105
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
2009 truly has put the global warning headless chickens down some, with the incredibly heavy snowfall this year not just once but twice.

Snowy London in pictures

Snow chaos in London

Quote:
Snow has caused travel disruption in outer London, while central London escaped the worst of the weather.

Flights have been suspended at City Airport and around 70 flights have been cancelled at Heathrow Airport.
Snow chaos in England

The bookies have been seriously slashing the odds of having a white Christmas, wouldn't have minded sticking some money on it myself.
Also kinda upset that I've not been in London this year to witness any of this either *sniffs*

Europe's having a hard time while Jack Frost goes all out lately. Any other peeps here form other European countries specifically experiencing any troubles?
I know the dutch aren't having much fun either...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 11:15   Link #106
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

UK snow is not funny.. it's always cold enough over here as it is!!!
Although it's pretty nice outside to look at it's really icy!

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 11:20   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

We don't get snow in Manchester. We just get ice and lots of it. T_T
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 11:34   Link #108
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
It snowed a few weekends ago in early December, but it hasn't snowed again since then. Though the campus is under storm watch from tonight to Saturday night, so something might come from that.
Old 2009-12-18, 11:36   Link #109
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

We got some snow here at Birmingham (centre of England). Awful crap snow. all it does is make the pavement slippy and hard to walk on. I had to wait for the bus for 50 minutes today because of the snow. Plus it's christmas holidays now, there's no point of snow. I liked the snow this year at Feb, because I missed the two days of school just before half term and hid myself at home playing MMO.

It's hard to imagine, this time last week, it's 15*C, now it's -3*C.
Old 2009-12-18, 11:38   Link #110
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I used to like snow. Until I got a job with a 30 minute commute to a city that tends to be very lax with its plowing despite being more than prepared. Hate ice much more though. Had an ice storm a few years back that knocked out the power in all of western NY for between 4 days and 2 weeks depending on the specific area.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 14:01   Link #111
Yaku-Pai
フリテン

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth View Post
You know? in Finland the snow came after x-mas.And thats not fun.

usually we have lots of snow on Finland, at x-mas

hows snow in other countries???(please tell!)
That's not true, I live in southern Finland and we got -22°C and 10cm of snow for two weeks now.
Yaku-Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 14:18   Link #112
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
they said we wouldn't due to global warming.. but guess what it did happen
sometimes it snows, sometimes it doesn't.. no need to go "well global warming did it " that is just silly

it is freezing here now, some places people can already iceskate on nature ice. There is a little snow but more is coming
I for one hate it, but because of my profession cause snow is a mood drop if you deliver mail (like me uugh..) it is way too cold and you don't feel your toes after an hour >.<
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 23:17   Link #113
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
It's going to be snowing in NY soon, about six to nine inches and it's freezing without the snow.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 00:54   Link #114
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
South US got tornados as well....
Yes, last year on the day after Christmas (my birthday!) there were tornado warnings around... But not in my county. It made it up into the 80s in my county, though.

Stupid Oklahoma.

But surprisingly enough it looks like will actually be cold and winterlike this time around. In fact it looks like there's a chance of a white Christmas this year. ^_^

I have to say I've been pretty pleased with December so far. 50s and 60s have been rare, and 30s and 40s have been dominant. No jumping 50 degrees nearly every other day like the last few years... But I may be jumping the gun here. Winter hasn't even started yet. Winter itself might be crazy again. Usually it's coldest before winter starts... I hope that isn't true this time around.

There hasn't been any snow, though. So I'm really hoping for this storm mid next week to be mainly snow. But knowing my luck it'll get stuck at 33 degrees Fahrenheit and stay as rain.

I swear, Las Vegas got more snow than us last year... And this year it has been southern Texas. Next year it'll be Florida. I'm calling it.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 01:20   Link #115
LeoXiao
思想工作

It only snows about once a year where I live; these last couple years there have always been a week or two where there was a lot of snow. However this year, it went down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit for like a week, but nothing happened since no clouds appeared. Now, in the middle of December, it's a ridiculous 45 degrees and raining. So yeah, no snow in sight.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 07:33   Link #116
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

About 3-4 dm snow and varying degrees between -10C to -19C here in western Sweden. Biggest danger is obviously the ice as in many other areas - internationally and nationally - but it's promising for a brilliant ski season if the weather holds, compared to last year, where it was a very green Christmas.

I've heard more damage reports from the major cities, but they have never been able to hold their own against the first snowfall, no matter how little.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 07:56   Link #117
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yesterday , It snow 10 mn at my city ... sun killed snow ...
As usual , the snow is screwed up ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 08:05   Link #118
solomon

Probably around 6 inches here in the Washington DC suburbs.

Naturally traffic is a catastrophe and the trains/planes are messed up.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 11:04   Link #119
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Currently got a dusting of snow on the ground, but it isn't much. Campus is still under storm watch though, so we might get more before Sunday's over.
Old 2009-12-19, 12:12   Link #120
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Measured outside of my door (Northern VA) and it's 8" LOL I had to shovel in front of my door just to open it

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, snow, weather