AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 13:34   Link #4181
ChainLegacy
廉頗

There isn't really any lack, Saintess. More likely, innovators and people of curiosity have always been fairly rare.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 21:54   Link #4182
LMF

I got a question.

"How do you pronounce AnimeSuki?"

Is it "Anime Tsu-Ki" or "Animeski"?
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:58   Link #4183
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMF View Post
I got a question.

Going the Japanese way, Ah-Nee-Meh-Skee. (you still make the oo sound at the end, you're just running over the oo in Soo, but it's still faintly there)

Going the English way, A-Nih-Meh-Soo-Kee.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:59   Link #4184
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
I got a question.

It's pronounced "Ski" The romanized is "Suki" but it's not pronounced that way. "Suki" Means "Like" So "Anime Suki" means "I like anime". The "Watashiwa" is omitted when said about yourself so you would say it as "Anime ga-suki" or "Anime suki"
(Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I'm still learning)
Old 2010-09-01, 23:01   Link #4185
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
It's pronounced "Ski" The romanized is "Suki" but it's not pronounced that way. "Suki" Means "Like" So "Anime Suki" means "I like anime" (The "Watashiwa" is omitted)
I don't think you should apply proper Japanese language rules to AnimeSuki, considering it's slightly incorrect grammar to begin with.

It should be "Anime ga suki", but that doesn't roll off the tongue like AnimeSuki does, so .
Old 2010-09-02, 20:05   Link #4186
LMF

Well, Anime "Tsuki" sounds rightr for this forum.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:37   Link #4187
Kudryavka

Quote:
Well, Anime "Tsuki" sounds rightr for this forum.
Not Tsuki, Suki. Like Anime, not Moon Anime.
Old 2010-09-03, 02:17   Link #4188
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Who would moon Anime? That seems impolite to say the least.

I've been pronouncing it as 'shu-kee'. I suppose that puts me in the wrong on this one.

Question: How do you use honorifics anyways? On impressions, the intimacy or friendship of person, or just to show a more 'buttering up' side? I think I've been misusing them for sometime now. I know what they mean, but I'm afraid I may be misusing them. It's a trivial matter, yes. But I prefer to be accurate.
Many Asian languages, including Japanese, strictly require the use of honorifics. You don't only pull them out to suck up; people who would dare drop them in unacceptable situations are seen as crass, rude, etc.. It's only appropriate to drop honorifics when referring to yourself, when addressing people extremely close to you like family members, and when addressing subordinates (that last one shouldn't be done unless you want to establish an authority relationship with your subject, like a teacher addressing a student).

There are many honorific suffixes; the most common one to use with a stranger is -san. -kun and -chan can be used with younger strangers. In a school setting (or any similar setting defined by seniority, like a company job), -senpai is for upperclassmen, -kouhei is for underclassmen (people sometimes prefer to continue calling upperclassmen -senpai, even years or decades after the speaker and the subject leave school). There's tons more, but those are just basic ones (-senpai isn't too basic, but it's stuck in my mind from watching too much anime ).

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-09-03 at 02:36.
Old 2010-09-04, 10:06   Link #4189
Solafighter
Hige

On my W7, if i open a .gif file, my internet explorer opens that file to view it.
Actually, i find that very strange and want to open it with the Windows Photo Viewer(the default one from Windows).
Where can i set that, that .gif files will be opened with this Photo Viewer?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:06   Link #4190
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
On my W7, if i open a .gif file, my internet explorer opens that file to view it.
Actually, i find that very strange and want to open it with the Windows Photo Viewer(the default one from Windows).
Where can i set that, that .gif files will be opened with this Photo Viewer?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sure you want to do that? Photo Viewer slows down animated gifs to about 200 frames per millisecond, so most everything will be slowed down.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:39   Link #4191
Solafighter
Hige

Ah i see. So you would recommend me to leave it the way to open it with the internet explorer?
Old 2010-09-04, 13:18   Link #4192
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Ah i see. So you would recommend me to leave it the way to open it with the internet explorer?
Yeah, best to just look at them in IE, since IE won't slow them down at all.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:26   Link #4193
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Seems like I have been asking too many questions lately. Must get off my lazy ass to do my own research!

Here's one : I am planning to dye my hair orange. Should I go to an official saloon or get a DIY hair dye?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:13   Link #4194
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Seems like I have been asking too many questions lately. Must get off my lazy ass to do my own research!
It's really a tsundere excuse by you in order to be social here/get more attention, but you can't really admit that .

Quote:
Here's one : I am planning to dye my hair orange. Should I go to an official saloon or get a DIY hair dye?
I'd say go with a saloon, since people I've know who did it themselves never had it turn out as well.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 17:18   Link #4195
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Sure you want to do that? Photo Viewer slows down animated gifs to about 200 frames per millisecond, so most everything will be slowed down.
with 200 frames per millisecond, slowing down is not exactly the correct term to describe the insane speed. (Thats 200,000 frames per second... I guess you meant 200ms per frame, which makes 5 frames per second)
Old 2010-09-04, 19:17   Link #4196
Kudryavka

Quote:

Is your hair lighter than orange or darker than orange? If lighter (white) you may be able to pull off a temp orange dye at home. If darker (brown, black) I say go to a salon, because you'll first have to permanently bleach your hair (which can result in a fugly head of weird colored hair, hair loss, and/or chemical burns to the scalp if done incorrectly), then dye it again to orange (which can make your already weakened hair fall out, especially if it's a permanent orange dye). Do not just dump orange on your hair if it isn't already white or really light blonde, or there will be no telling how your hair will come out (99% chance it'll become some super ugly color, 100% chance it won't be orange). btw if your hair is chemically straightened, don't use any dyes with hydrogen peroxide, or you'll be wearing wigs for months.

There are many types of dyes, but if you'll be bleaching your hair (which can only be done permanently, no wash out bleaches), I'd just go for the permanent orange dye as well; if you go for temporary orange color, it'll wash off to reveal the white bleached hair underneath. A professional dye job will minimize the chances of things going wrong with your hair; when getting it done, make sure that they don't leave the bleach on too long (I've heard too many horror stories of bad stylists; in one, the stylist left bleach on the girl's head and went to lunch, came back and, well, "stuff" was oozing out of her scalp ). Whatever you do, good luck, and here's to you getting a lovely vibrant shade of orange.
Old 2010-09-05, 03:17   Link #4197
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

at the saloon it is very VERY expensive, keep recon with that.
However dying it orange isn't easy for some hair types, if you are blonde you can easily do it at home but if you have dark brown or black hair it gets harder.

I have brown hair and had it orange/red once, it worked for me so you could try. However a tip for dying at home: let someone help you out getting it into your hair. I would always sit backward on the lit down toilet and my mom would rub it in and made sure I had the dye equally spread which is something that goes wrong if you do it alone. If you don't then you have one very bright spot and the rest a little less.

If you have black hair, natural curls, ginger ish hair you would want to go to a saloon. Beware the darker your natural colour the darker the result, mine was alright but with some brightest colours you have to dye it blonde first and your hair will die from it if you dye it too many times dying hair also happens quickly if you have the troubling hair types cause they have to dye it extra to get result.

Lastly do not go for any shady cheap brands, I once used a purple colour from a gothic shop a small box with no pics: well when washing it out the ink came out and turned the whole tub purple and it was an ass to get off, my hair had turned gray >.<
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 18:14   Link #4198
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Correction: Which one of these do you recommend?

JapanLA, Bookoff USA, Comics Factory, Tokyo Pop, Asahiya Bookstore or Comic Odyssey?

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-09-05 at 18:53.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 10:01   Link #4199
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Silly question:
After missed out a mid-term break due to class, one of my best friend (another guy) recently act just like an ass-hole. So much that he seems to be a different guy now and it has been long since i seriously want to drop my "nice" mask and kick someone ass... literally...

I don't know if it's simply stress or some personal unknown problems. But how should i approach the issue? My button has been pushed for several times for last week and at this rate i will seriously not be able to keep my cool anymore.

PS: another guy in my group, who also missed the break also acted the same way. I start to wonder if I came to their house and killed their cats in my sleep or something. Or maybe they were brainwashed that those who have breaks are evils...?
Old 2010-09-08, 11:56   Link #4200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Silly question:
After missed out a mid-term break due to class, one of my best friend (another guy) recently act just like an ass-hole. So much that he seems to be a different guy now and it has been long since i seriously want to drop my "nice" mask and kick someone ass... literally...

I don't know if it's simply stress or some personal unknown problems. But how should i approach the issue? My button has been pushed for several times for last week and at this rate i will seriously not be able to keep my cool anymore.

PS: another guy in my group, who also missed the break also acted the same way. I start to wonder if I came to their house and killed their cats in my sleep or something. Or maybe they were brainwashed that those who have breaks are evils...?
Need more info. How is he acting like an asshole? What are his specific actions that irritate you?

P.S I thought if you killed cats, they will rise again for another 8 more times. And it is illegal to kill catgirls, you will be condemned to a lifetime of nightmares and be reincarnated as a mouse with Sudden-Paralysis-Syndrome in your next life.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious