AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 10:57   Link #21
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All I know is....Iceburg should go to prison for child labor!

Lol jk, that was a good chapter. A new mystery, another chase by none other than Smoker, and dragons :O
Quote:
Even odds it's a mythical zoan...
We've had dinosaurs before, so dragons are very likely to come by. The question would be, who lives in a quarantined island of extreme weather for ~4 years?
Old 2012-02-01, 11:04   Link #22
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
yahoooo samurai in one piece!!!!
Samurai vs pirates eh??

I wonder if there will be ninjas in one piece world??

ninjas vs. pirates!! cant wait to see that!!! hahahaha!!

hmmm i just thought of something,,, since buggy was a crew of ROger,, does he know what one piece is?

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-02-01 at 11:22.
Old 2012-02-01, 11:34   Link #23
Battler-kun

Fantasic chapter after disappointing FI-Arc!

NW begins great, no more fluffy adventures, but only the real deal for the Straw Hats!
Old 2012-02-01, 11:40   Link #24
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Samurai vs pirates eh??

I wonder if there will be ninjas in one piece world??

ninjas vs. pirates!! cant wait to see that!!! hahahaha!!

hmmm i just thought of something,,, since buggy was a crew of ROger,, does he know what one piece is?
hmmm... it's possible but i'd rather not see it happen. there had been hints about samurai in one piece even then. zoro's existence alone is a big clue. the fact that he was trained in kenjutsu, lived in a samurai-type dojo, he uses katana and follows bushido (vivi doesn't call him mr. bushido for nothing) are all marks of a samurai. and the appearance of ryuuma confirms that there are indeed samurai in one piece. but so far there had been no mention of ninja so i don't know if oda would include them later on. but who knows?

i doubt buggy knows. if he did he would have found it already, same with shanks. i think roger may have entrusted that secret to those he truly trusted, someone like rayleigh. shanks and buggy were youngsters at that time, they were part of the crew but nothing more. shanks may have won roger's favor at some point since he ended up with the captain's precious straw hat, but i doubt roger trusted him enough to tell him about the one piece. i think when roger found the one piece, he was with a select group of people and the rest of the crew may have stayed behind somewhere, quite possibly in the ship.
Old 2012-02-01, 11:58   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
hmmm... it's possible but i'd rather not see it happen. there had been hints about samurai in one piece even then. zoro's existence alone is a big clue. the fact that he was trained in kenjutsu, lived in a samurai-type dojo, he uses katana and follows bushido (vivi doesn't call him mr. bushido for nothing) are all marks of a samurai. and the appearance of ryuuma confirms that there are indeed samurai in one piece. but so far there had been no mention of ninja so i don't know if oda would include them later on. but who knows?
There's a difference between a kenshi, swordsman like Zoro and Samurai.

Anyone can be a swordsman and follow Bushido in their training, but not everyone who's a swordsman is a samurai.

Samurai is a specific term given to swordsmen who serve the nobility. Swordsmen like Zoro are free to do what they want, like being a pirate.

This would mean that the samurai from Wano serve their lord and this lord doesn't wish to be part of the World Government.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-02-01, 12:07   Link #26
Somnus
Eh?

Holy crow, ROBIN!!! This chapter was great for her alone.

Though truthfully every bit of interaction between the crew mates was priceless, and was truly what made this chapter gold.

Haha, Duke Nukem...I mean...Smoker, would've been bang on. I wonder if they'll re-activate the log pose for Punk Hazard and it'll open up a new route for them?

A great team got sent out, can't wait to see more.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:11   Link #27
Battler-kun

Zoro is gonna replace his Sandai Kitetsu, a totally lowtier sword, cursed or not.

It's unbalanced

He already wields 2 O Wazamono Grade Swords.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:17   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PUNK HAZARD DRAGON FOR NEW NAKAMA! (someone had to say it ).

Curses! You beat me to it! But I can still one-up you on something else, though: PUNK HAZARD SAMURAI FOR NAKAMA!

Anyway, as mentioned already, it would seem that these samurai will be the main enemies of Punk Hazard. Though I wonder if these samurai are pirates or bloodthirsty bounty hunters? Either way, maybe these guys will give Zoro more entertainment than Hyouzou did....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Anyone can be a swordsman and follow Bushido in their training, but not everyone who's a swordsman is a samurai.

Samurai is a specific term given to swordsmen who serve the nobility. Swordsmen like Zoro are free to do what they want, like being a pirate.

This would mean that the samurai from Wano serve their lord and this lord doesn't wish to be part of the World Government.

That's an interesting observation. So if these samurai aren't pirates or bounty hunters like I mentioned above, they're probably more along the lines of vassals of some powerful lord from the Wano country, eh? If so, I wonder what business they have at a strange place like Punk Hazard.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Zoro is gonna replace his Sandai Kitetsu, a totally lowtier sword, cursed or not.

It's unbalanced

He already wields 2 O Wazamono Grade Swords.

But why would Zoro need to replace a sword so soon after entering the New World? I'd say at least give it a couple of arcs before he picks up a new cursed blade....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-02-01 at 12:28.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:23   Link #29
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
There's a difference between a kenshi, swordsman like Zoro and Samurai.

those who have no masters are called ronin but they still consider themselves samurai. if you've seen akira kurosawa's seven samurai they were all ronin, they served no masters but they were still considered as samurai. not all samurai serve nobility, some serve ordinary merchants who could afford to pay them, some serve bureaucrats, some don't even serve anyone save for their own clans. the samurai were basically elite swordsmen or soldiers who followed a certain code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's an interesting observation. So if these samurai aren't pirates or bounty hunters like I mentioned above, they're probably more along the lines of vassals of some powerful lord from the Wano country, eh? If so, I wonder what business they have at a strange place like Punk Hazard.....?
quite possible. but judging from ryuuma's background, he didn't seem to serve anyone save himself. he greatly resembled zoro in terms of personality as well. it could be that the term samurai is used differently in this case. it might be that samurai are simply swordsmen who hail from wano country.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-02-01 at 12:39.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:38   Link #30
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
those who have no masters are called ronin but they still consider themselves samurai. if you've seen akira kurosawa's seven samurai they were all ronin, they served no masters but they were still considered as samurai. not all samurai serve nobility, some serve ordinary merchants who could afford to pay them, some serve bureaucrats, some don't even serve anyone save for their own clans. the samurai were basically elite swordsmen or soldiers who followed a certain code.

quite possible. but judging from ryuuma's background, he didn't seem to serve anyone save himself. he greatly resembled zoro in terms of personality as well. it could be that the term samurai is used differently in this case. it might be that samurai are simply swordsmen who hail from wano country.
You are right as well, it actually depends on which part of Japanese history does Oda want to reference the samurai.

The real traditional samurai must have a lord, which they pledge full allegiance to. Which is why samurai commit harakiri, ritual suicide by slicing the abdomens when they fail to obey their lords.

But over time samurai began to lose their lords from war, politics and also cultural upheaval, then the ronin started to appear. At this point we do not know exactly if Oda wants the samurai of Wano to be traditional samurai or ronin.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-02-01, 13:39   Link #31
Rainbowman

Punk Hazard, huh? Can't be based in ancient japan with the samurai attacking it. Has to be based on some other country that is red-hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
All I know is....Iceburg should go to prison for child labor!
I'm sure that secretary is more mature than she looks.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:56   Link #32
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I'm sure that secretary is more mature than she looks.
She looks 10 and she is 10.

How can she be 'more mature'?
Old 2012-02-01, 14:06   Link #33
marvelB

^Pretty sure he was referring to personality/mannerisms, not appearance.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:14   Link #34
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
She looks 10 and she is 10.

How can she be 'more mature'?
A kid's personality and mannerisms can be mature and responsible even if they are young. It just usually depends on their upbringing most of the time. Of course they ARE still kids, so their interests and hobbies may be rather childish regardless of that.

Besides, she did look like the best possible candidate from all those secretary applicants Iceburg had back in chapter 487.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:20   Link #35
skypic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
A kid's personality and mannerisms can be mature and responsible even if they are young. It just usually depends on their upbringing most of the time. Of course they ARE still kids, so their interests and hobbies may be rather childish regardless of that.

Besides, she did look like the best possible candidate from all those secretary applicants Iceburg had back in chapter 487.
haha wow, I went back to take a look at that chapter cover. Yes you are right, she does look the most fitting for Iceburg's personality.

I'm sure this whole arc will be much more complex than we can imagine. I'm just wondering how they will get back onto the ship, since Nami's cloud only lasts so long.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:29   Link #36
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

and a reason for Iceberg to turn into a lolicon....
Old 2012-02-01, 14:32   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Highly pleased to see more Robin. I'm pretty sure she had more panel time in this chapter compared to the whole of Fishman Island arc . Also liking how much these Samurai's have been hyped up in this chapter. One can easily imagine we could be seeing an epic showdown with Zoro involved. I sure hope so!

Only a matter of time before a dragon appeared in One Piece . Will be interesting to hear about it's origins. Giant mysterious creatures are nothing new in this story.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:03   Link #38
Undertaker

Wet Robin is hot!!! (no pun intended)

With that been said, I was a bit let down by the tank-top & hot pants. Not that they weren't awesome, but you'd figure that Robin is wearing bra & panty or bikini under that tight dress instead of tank-tops and hot pants...

As for Punk Hazard, at first I thought it's going to be another Thriller Park. Afterall, we all know a little game franchise call Bio Hazard (Resident Evil).

But I want to see more samurai as well as the country and dragon FTW!!!!

EDIT: it just occurs to me, could this simply be a samurai with Mystic Zoan mode Dragon DF that we've being expecting since Marco's Pheonix?
Old 2012-02-01, 15:22   Link #39
Valky
Radioactive

Dude it's a dragon! Epic.

I wonder what caused that Island to be declared forbidden four years ago. Some secret government project?
Old 2012-02-01, 15:50   Link #40
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So a dragon appeared and a samurai... a connection towards Ryuma perhaps? I am thinking there might be some kind of trial or a tradition for the samurai of Wano to slay a dragon just a Ryuma did.