AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-13, 21:07   Link #201
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Does HLJ charge a lot for shipping to the US?
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 21:10   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Undertaker
Does HLJ charge a lot for shipping to the US?
You can check yourself. Highlight 'Other Currencies' just under Shipping Estimate - and see for yourself. ^^
Old 2006-03-13, 22:04   Link #203
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Dark Saber? There aren't any as of yet other than the special edition gasaphon which you won't find in stores as it was only sold in WonderFest. The other 1/8 scale by Alter won't be out until June, which is 2.5 months from now.
do you mind posting the pics? cause i don't know which saber is which.

Quote:
is that store in Vancouver? if so tell me where it is...

im going back to HK for summer maybe I can find something good..... looks like im taking an empty suitcase there.....
nope, I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Im gonna go ask around to see any good hobby shops that sells anime related merchandies in HK, or do you know any?
ZeRoGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 22:15   Link #204
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

nope I have some friends in Hong Kong, I plan on checking with them see whats availible. Gotta wait till they have time to look around for me though lol
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:03   Link #205
Stoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc1228
I purchased the 1/6 Saber from http://www.brcat.com/fatestaynightsaber.html last week. It will arrive this Thursday. The picture seems to be Clayz (unless it some sort of bootleg knockoff which will really piss me off).

Is there a proxy service that someone here would recommend to me?
Otherwise, I'm just going to search for the cheapest one.
Definitely let us know if it's legit, I may be interested if it is.

This Hongfire thread has some pretty good information on several proxy bidding services. They all seem to have their pros and cons but Shopping Mall Japan comes out on top depending on if you need to make a bid quickly or not.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:12   Link #206
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
nope I have some friends in Hong Kong, I plan on checking with them see whats availible. Gotta wait till they have time to look around for me though lol
theres this big one e2046.com based in HK, but most fsn figures aren't pre-painted, you can still check it out and drool . There were only like 3 that are pre-painted and are really expensive.
Old 2006-03-13, 23:20   Link #207
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

ouch my poor wallet.... my savings are tied up paying my tuition too T-T I remember a few stores from the last time I was there but the stores in the building all sell bootleg anime and games -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:34   Link #208
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
do you mind posting the pics? cause i don't know which saber is which.

nope, I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Im gonna go ask around to see any good hobby shops that sells anime related merchandies in HK, or do you know any?

That's Alter 1/8 Dark Saber that's coming out in July.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 23:48   Link #209
ZeRoGravity

what about this Saber?
Old 2006-03-13, 23:50   Link #210
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

V-Slasher mentions a re-issue of a Saber this year in september. Anyone heard of this news? if so, which saber is it? Good Smile Co. or Clayz?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 00:06   Link #211
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
V-Slasher mentions a re-issue of a Saber this year in september. Anyone heard of this news? if so, which saber is it? Good Smile Co. or Clayz?
There's a Kotobukiya 1/8 Saber re-issue in May. The only things I can think of that would be coming out that late would be either Alter's Two Piece Swimsuit Saber, or T's System One Piece swimsuit, both of which have not had release dates set.
Old 2006-03-14, 00:09   Link #212
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
what about this Saber?
You will see many Dark Saber figures, but most of them are WonderFest only exclusives. Often limited to the ten's. If not, there's probably a resin kit or two around, where you paint it yourself.

There are only three pre-painted mass-marketed ones - Alter 1/8 Dark Saber, Good Smile Company Dark Saber in armor trading figure (about 3" or less) anda Dark Saber in PJ's. Those were limited to about 100 I believe, and sold only at Wonderfest 2006. So you'd have a incredibly hard time finding it, and pay out of the nose for it.
Old 2006-03-14, 02:30   Link #213
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
There's a Kotobukiya 1/8 Saber re-issue in May. The only things I can think of that would be coming out that late would be either Alter's Two Piece Swimsuit Saber, or T's System One Piece swimsuit, both of which have not had release dates set.
hm...is the one in her cascual clothing while holding her sheath along with the sword inside...*SIGH* not what im looinking for....might as well continue looking and maybe i will get the Dark Saber along the way =_=
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 03:59   Link #214
V-Slasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
I just heard something about it, i'm not that sure if there will be or not. Anyway i was talking about the goodsmile one. For clayz saber look on ebay, it's plenty of them (i don't like it that much, 1/6 figures are too big for me and it doesn't seem vey detailed gallery)

there's a reissue of kotobukiya saber for sure since you can preorder it on hlj and hobbysearch
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 15:29   Link #215
wbc1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke
Definitely let us know if it's legit, I may be interested if it is.

This Hongfire thread has some pretty good information on several proxy bidding services. They all seem to have their pros and cons but Shopping Mall Japan comes out on top depending on if you need to make a bid quickly or not.
I got my 1/6 Saber (clayz) in the mail today

http://www.brcat.com/fatestaynightsaber.html

but I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.
I can't tell it is authetic. It looks authetic except that 1) the paint job isn't perfect (i know it is probably not real "paint" since it is a pvc but I'm using that term anyway). I can see a few tiny spots on it where there is too much paint (ie tiny tiny bumps on part of the dress). 2) it is missing the hologram on the bottom right corner (i found a few pictures of the box online that shows this hologram).

I guess I can let #1 slide (since it is a pvc figure) but #2 troubles me.
Has anyone purchased any authetic Clayz products that doesn't have a hologram? Did I purchased a fake?

Last edited by wbc1228; 2006-03-16 at 17:06.
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 17:57   Link #216
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc1228
I got my 1/6 Saber (clayz) in the mail today

http://www.brcat.com/fatestaynightsaber.html

but I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.
I can't tell it is authetic. It looks authetic except that 1) the paint job isn't perfect (i know it is probably not real "paint" since it is a pvc but I'm using that term anyway). I can see a few tiny spots on it where there is too much paint (ie tiny tiny bumps on part of the dress). 2) it is missing the hologram on the bottom right corner (i found a few pictures of the box online that shows this hologram).

I guess I can let #1 slide (since it is a pvc figure) but #2 troubles me.
Has anyone purchased any authetic Clayz products that doesn't have a hologram? Did I purchased a fake?
You're fine, the hologram isn't on the cover. And you're right, it's a problem with PVC. That's why places like HLJ have "various quality" warnings on PVC's.

I'm pretty sure the hologram was in the clayz box, a small piece about 1/2" x 1/2". But I'm not 100% sure.
Old 2006-03-17, 21:06   Link #217
narakun

I got mine last week i think and i have the same worries that wbc1228 has.
The box had the hologram on the front (lower right) but didnīt find any hologram inside the box

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/n-kun/front.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../frontzoom.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/n-kun/back.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...n/backzoom.jpg
narakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 22:31   Link #218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nice pictures there narakun, i look forward to taking pictures when mine turns up. ^^
Old 2006-03-17, 23:40   Link #219
Jump

This makes me wonder if the American release of Saber and the Japanese release of Clayz Saber were different, slightly (at least insofar as the placement of hologram). I got the US release, maybe those who ordered from Japan or people who had Japanese release had a different box?

Also, my Mahou Shoujo Nekomimi Tohsaka Rin figure shipped from HLJ today! Whee!

Old 2006-03-18, 00:55   Link #220
ZeRoGravity

since the topic have came up already, how do you tell from a real genuine figure to a fake one?