AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 22:38   Link #721
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post

What if she gets used to make Titus curse his fate and turned into a dark Djinn? For all we know Al Sarmen could fuse her and Titus to make a dark Djinn.
Well, then I guss it's "Fate worse than Death" or "Dying together". No matter how it will turn out, I can't see a happy ending for Titus/Marga relationship.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:09   Link #722
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

New chapter (only the translation though) is up.
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:25   Link #723
Lummie

Spoiler for 165:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 19:47   Link #724
marvelB

Spoiler for 165:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 18:10   Link #725
Awrya
U mad?

165 is out.

Spoiler for 165:
Old 2012-12-01, 18:39   Link #726
Diveman

Spoiler for ch 165:
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 18:41   Link #727
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well...one thing you can be certain, Dumblemort will do anything in his power to help magicians...this was already established but bow we see to what extent his love for magicians can get. Imagine if this man shared the same love toward Goi...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:09   Link #728
ellifeedn
Thinker

That preview of the Sinbad manga...
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:38   Link #729
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
That preview of the Sinbad manga...
Spoiler:
I was thinking something like that too lol
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:46   Link #730
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Ch.165 is out. Mogamett actually looks awesome this chapter, the way he act remind me of Whitebeard of One Piece: "All the magicians, are like my children.". No wonder so many young magicians blindly follow him, the guy have charisma for sure. Now if only he doesn't treat Gois like lowly animal....

Interesting fact is Mogamett actually tried to stop Titus from cursing his fate. From his reaction, It seems like Mogamett had seen this before and he also know that "cursing your destiny" is not good. And yet he allowed "black rukh" research to develop.

Titus' mind is even weaker than I thought. He's probably on the same par with Hakuryu's tofu mentality.

And that Sinbad's preview: Seriously, he's just like Jesus. Every force on Earth feel a disturbing in the force when he was born. Truly a "Irregular Singularity".
Old 2012-12-01, 21:17   Link #731
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Titus' mind is even weaker than I thought. He's probably on the same par with Hakuryu's tofu mentality.
The amount of time he spent 'living' is just a bit over a year, so you can't really blame him.

Quote:
And that Sinbad's preview: Seriously, he's just like Jesus. Every force on Earth feel a disturbing in the force when he was born. Truly a "Irregular Singularity".
Well, Sindbad was born in a barn/stable as well, though death by crucifixion might be a bit too much.
Old 2012-12-01, 21:43   Link #732
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

If you stayed awake through your manga class period, you'd notice that Sindbad's birth scene was a tribute to Hannma "The Ogre" Yuujirou's birth in Baki.
When Yuujirou was born, leaders of nations around the world instinctively realized a massive force of destruction was born in the far east.
Upon his birth, the tier of every creature on Earth was lowered by one.
Old 2012-12-01, 21:48   Link #733
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
165 is out.

Spoiler for 165:
Well she is rumored to be a magi who has lived for 200 years. If that is true then 14 years of magoi is nothing to her. Given that she has a unlimited source of it. But I wonder how she came to learn how to make life. Was she having sex or making artificial life with dark rukh or light rukh. But it was said that 12 years ago was when magicians or Al Sarmen find out rukh can go black and be used to make life but she been doing pouring her magic in Titus for 14 years so surly she knew how to make artificial life before Al Sarmen as for the time being we still don't know if they also found out about artificial life 12 years ago as well.

Plus she did say the other children did the same so we don't know how magi babys she has made just for the sole purpose of spying on other country's.

Also another magi vs magi fight would bee awesome plus given the fact that Aladdin has had magoi training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Spoiler for ch 165:
I'm saying he is clearly going to be helping him prolong his life due to the fact that he is a magician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well...one thing you can be certain, Dumblemort will do anything in his power to help magicians...this was already established but bow we see to what extent his love for magicians can get. Imagine if this man shared the same love toward Goi...
Aladdin may well be able to turn his view around once he sees Alibaba and Mor and what great people they are among others. Also we can't rule out the possibly that magoi storing bra magician who clearly loves sword lover to help with the changing his view on the goi.

Quote:
Ch.165 is out. Mogamett actually looks awesome this chapter, the way he act remind me of Whitebeard of One Piece: "All the magicians, are like my children.". No wonder so many young magicians blindly follow him, the guy have charisma for sure. Now if only he doesn't treat Gois like lowly animal....

Interesting fact is Mogamett actually tried to stop Titus from cursing his fate. From his reaction, It seems like Mogamett had seen this before and he also know that "cursing your destiny" is not good. And yet he allowed "black rukh" research to develop.

I soo agree with Metal helping Titus. As to why he allows the research of Black rukh I assuming it is to either to make a army of magicians or to find out how to turn it back into light rukh or at least save people that have cursed their own fate. But I don't think Titus mentality is on par of Hakuryu. Hakuryu seems far more broken then Titus you could clearly tell with that close up he had when he was talking to his sister.

I guess we can all agree that to Mogamett his number one priority will always be the well being of Magicians. No matter how they where born/where they where born. Even to go at great lengths by pretty much going to war with Laem and I'm also guess Kou as well given that they are just goi. Like we see with Titus who was close enough cursing his own fate and how much Metal was trying to stop him from doing so. So I take it he knows what happens when some curses their own fate.

Still I think he will end up joining Sindria. Once Aladdin and magoi storing bra magician show him that not all goi are bad. Just look at Jesus we still don't if he is bad or not but we call all agree that when that page was saying his name is we all thought jesus as the way he came into the world and was able to shock all the characters that way and to be call by Yunan (drool Yunan is fabb) a miracle clearly says he is jesus. Hell for all we know he well be a descendent of King Soloman. Lool I just noticed that he rules the 7 seas and has 7 Djinns
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 21:51   Link #734
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
If you stayed awake through your manga class period, you'd notice that Sindbad's birth scene was a tribute to Hannma "The Ogre" Yuujirou's birth in Baki.
When Yuujirou was born, leaders of nations around the world instinctively realized a massive force of destruction was born in the far east.
Well, too bad since I haven't read that manga but I see more similarity with Jesus' birth in Sindbad's: His parent was poor, he was born in a place look like barn/stable. Maybe when I have time, I will try to read that manga you mentioned. It's "Hannma Baki", right ?
Old 2012-12-01, 21:55   Link #735
Lummie

Gyouken's face was gold. She deserves to get her ass kicked by Sindbad, too bad we won't get such conclusion anytime soon or at all.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:00   Link #736
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Wow, that's awesome. It's been a while since I was caught up with Baki, so I missed that particular scene. Still it WOULD be all kinds of badass if Sinbad was officially titled the "World's Strongest Creature"!

Quote:
Well, too bad since I haven't read that manga but I see more similarity with Jesus' birth in Sindbad's: His parent was poor, he was born in a place look like barn/stable. Maybe when I have time, I will try to read that manga you mentioned. It's "Hannma Baki", right ?

Technically, Baki is split up into about 3 different series (Grappler Baki, New Grappler Baki, and Son of Ogre, which is the currently running series). It has a very..... unique art style, to put it mildly. Still, that series is about as over-the-top as they come. I mean, c'mon..... this is a series where the main character literally shadow boxes against a freaking dinosaur.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:44   Link #737
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have never heard of Baki; is there some sort of list of manga series that I should be reading?
Old 2012-12-01, 22:58   Link #738
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Not a topic of discussion for this, I'm afraid.

As for this chapter... Well, we see now that Mogamett is apparently sincerely does care about the plight of magicians, regardless of their origins. It's just that he's ALSO a racist douche beside it.

Also, THAT SYMBOLISM for Sinbad.

Really, rather being half-fallen, it might just be that he's found a "balance" instead... Which wouldn't be too out-of-place for the Irregular Singularity.
Old 2012-12-01, 23:03   Link #739
Rainrir
Tin Can

@Baki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have never heard of Baki; is there some sort of list of manga series that I should be reading?
It depends. Baki is....pretty intense to say the least. The art style seems to remind me more of the old style gekiga than what you typically see in manga nowadays. It is pretty violent though, and somewhat exaggerated sometimes (in a bad way for me, but others find it awesome).

@Sinbad

Well, Al Sarmen calls him an anomaly, he is 7/5 Magoi according to the guidebook. That puts him in the massively broken tier already no? However, Alibaba would probably top that...maybe...eventually? That is, if 3 + 4 = 7...

I do think Sinbad is really half fallen, in the sense that he never asked for his current life? I mean he seems to be King because he has to, not because he wants to. Plus ,who knows what he has lost on this journey, maybe he never recovered from that? After all, a King's life is a lonely one, and him being born with such great power....I wonder if it brought him any happiness...or just disaster after disaster.

@Titus, Weak?

I am not so sure about that. After all, he is facing death. People can say all they want, but I think alot of people will shit their pants when faced with unavoidable death. I think it is pretty normal to want to live, especially since Titus is so...young and has something to live for...yet he is cursed to be a disposable tool.

I mean Titus is like that little kid with cancer, not all of them are angelic and resigned and kind like them TV Marquees. Quite a few of them actually want to live and hate how their lives are set in stone already...

@Black Rukh

Black Rukh's just a tool I guess? I mean, there is a difference in learning how to use Black Rukh, and watching people you care about falling into it. In a way, it is kind of like nuclear technology, learning how to harness it and actually using it to nuke people are two different things. It seems the magocracy is just trying to expand its power and knowledge...at any cost (like a certain nation-that-can't-be-named).

@Moganett
Thus continues the streak that shows us that he is really interested in helping Titus, regardless of him being a spy or not. If only he isn't so extremist on the goi... (called it!). Anyway, lolimagi has thrown the gaunlet at Moganett, so I suppose we might get to see him being rolfstomped by lolimagi as Aoihige hoped..though he seem to held himself quite well when he drove lolimagi out of Titus. It seems everyone wants Magoshuatt just because of its magical might and its location though...for the eventual war between Laem and Kou. Tough being a small state in a neighbourhood of superpowers.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-12-01 at 23:26.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:23   Link #740
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry, I wrote the wrong thing. What I wanted to write is, "Is this something I have to add to the list of manga series I should be reading?"

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen