AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 09:19   Link #1941
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Onizuka-GTO
Anytime, you're welcome.
But then, A Dog of Flanders is by a British author.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 09:58   Link #1942
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

^ ah, leo tolstoy. and i thought i was the only one who noticed that.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 12:05   Link #1943
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

God damn finally, soundtrack release information.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-5754

Release date is 26th of March. I can't begin to explain how happy this makes me to finally know we'll be seeing a soundtrack release.
Old 2008-02-04, 16:46   Link #1944
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
OMG episode 17 sounds like it kicked ass. I going to wait for the subs cause i dont want to miss a thing, I will watch the RAW to satisfy my craving but give my thoughts after the subs are released. Kimikiss is on its way to making my Top 10 anime list.
Old 2008-02-04, 18:26   Link #1945
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Onizuka-GTO
Anytime, you're welcome.
But then, A Dog of Flanders is by a British author.
huh, and here i thought he was east european, because his surname sounded like it was Ukraine or something liek that.

well another new thing to learn today.
Old 2008-02-04, 18:50   Link #1946
km0120

Quote:
Did you also notice that Russian authors are often mentioned in anime. German authors are right behind. it's usually Dostoevsky or Nietzsche. But this time neither fit so they chose Tolstoy. But why this title I wonder (Anna Karenina). I think War and Peace would suit better, it's more positive.
As for A Dog of Flanders, sorry I didn't read it, it appears to be popular in japan. They even made an anime of it. So it all creates suicidal feel, something that kimikiss wasnt supposed to do.
I felt they imply Hoshino's catastrophe.
In fact, things are going bad for her.
km0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:10   Link #1947
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
huh, and here i thought he was east european, because his surname sounded like it was Ukraine or something liek that.
Basically the authors mentioned were Tolstoy and Louise "Ouida" La Rame. (add acute accent over e)

km0120
Yep, if Mao get the situation under control which she intends to do.
By the way in the scene at the roof there was also a slight joke. Kouichi said 'those lines are awefully embarassing" - but you wrote them yourself. However all this had a strong impact on Mao. Summer vacations are close to the end and they still need to shoot the kissing scene. Also I think vacations are supposed to last to the end of the show. Game events included only one semester.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:43   Link #1948
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

Quote:
Onizuka-GTO

Basically the authors mentioned were Tolstoy and Louise "Ouida" La Rame. (add acute accent over e)

km0120
By the way in the scene at the roof there was also a slight joke. Kouichi said 'those lines are awefully embarassing" - but you wrote them yourself. However all this had a strong impact on Mao. Summer vacations are close to the end and they still need to shoot the kissing scene. Also I think vacations are supposed to last to the end of the show. Game events included only one semester.
Kissing scene huh...I can already imagine it..."Mao passionately kisses Kouichi and at that very moment Hoshino realizes Mao's love while Kouichi is semi-clueless"

Now if only I was the director...
Ryoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 20:52   Link #1949
golthin

Quote:
Onizuka-GTO

km0120
people need to stop thinking of this anime as an adaptation of the game. the only thing Kimikiss has in common with the game is the characters names. Most of their personalities have been changed in the anime. Characters have been added and roles have been changed. the fact that the game only took place during one semester doesn't mean anything. the filming has to be done before the culture festival, which usually happens a few weeks after the new semester starts or about mid october, Usually after students change to their winter uniforms.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:09   Link #1950
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
people need to stop thinking of this anime as an adaptation of the game. the only thing Kimikiss has in common with the game is the characters names. Most of their personalities have been changed in the anime. Characters have been added and roles have been changed. the fact that the game only took place during one semester doesn't mean anything. the filming has to be done before the culture festival, which usually happens a few weeks after the new semester starts or about mid october, Usually after students change to their winter uniforms.
Plus even though the game only lasts 1 semester, in the game doesn't the protagonist aim to get a kiss from a girl by some type of festival, maybe that means they'll make it similar to the game, and resolve everything at the Culture festival.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:41   Link #1951
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Plus even though the game only lasts 1 semester, in the game doesn't the protagonist aim to get a kiss from a girl by some type of festival, maybe that means they'll make it similar to the game, and resolve everything at the Culture festival.
both the male protagonists already had their share of kisses so there is no point in referring to the game as golthin said, although nikorai's statement gave some info about the game.(which doesnt spoil anything btw)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:53   Link #1952
km0120

I can compromise some changes of the original. I will show you examples: Mao returned Japan from France; New characters made his appearance; This story began from first semester. In fact, these chanses are trivial matters, I think.
However, the change of the characters is not acceptable to me. Mao does not have flirtatious tendencies. Eriko is not so heartless. Asuka is not edgy.
km0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:54   Link #1953
Lego

Hey everyone, I figured that I'd join in on the Kimikiss conversation here since I post mainly over at AOD and we have a good Kimikiss thread going their to. I've enjoyed reading your takes on the episodes and with the series coming down to crunch time I figured why not join in the discussion here as well.

As I saw you guys talking about we still have to see the kissing scene for the movie that the group is doing for the culture festival. With the
Spoiler:
might not make it back to school at least until episode 20. Yuumi still has to transfer, the movie still has to be completed, and then you have to have the culture festival. So if the show goes the 24 episodes that ANN is saying when do you think we might see some definitive movement out of the Kouichi x Mao x Yuumi and the Kaz x Eriko x Asuka camps?
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:06   Link #1954
littlekitty

^
Hopefully, we'll see some movement soon. Emo Mao and Asuka are no fun...

One thing's for sure- I will be pissed if Asuka doesn't at least one kiss out of Kazuki during the show. I wouldn't even mind much if Kazuki chooses Eriko in the end...just let Asuka's feelings be known!
OK....i'm done ranting XD
littlekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:08   Link #1955
Freeter
beyond

Random find of the day: Kimikiss intro with the Gundam 00 girls

Nico version

Youtube version
Old 2008-02-04, 23:08   Link #1956
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
Hey everyone, I figured that I'd join in on the Kimikiss conversation here since I post mainly over at AOD and we have a good Kimikiss thread going their to. I've enjoyed reading your takes on the episodes and with the series coming down to crunch time I figured why not join in the discussion here as well.

As I saw you guys talking about we still have to see the kissing scene for the movie that the group is doing for the culture festival. With the
Spoiler:
might not make it back to school at least until episode 20. Yuumi still has to transfer, the movie still has to be completed, and then you have to have the culture festival. So if the show goes the 24 episodes that ANN is saying when do you think we might see some definitive movement out of the Kouichi x Mao x Yuumi and the Kaz x Eriko x Asuka camps?
You gave in to the darkside, eh lego!
Old 2008-02-04, 23:08   Link #1957
Lego

I have to admit that I'm not as much into the Kaz x Eriko x Asuka triangle as I'm into Mao x Kouichi. Still I like to keep an eye on that side of the coin and see what happens with Kaz. My main fixation is on getting a Kouichi x Mao couple at the end, in fact it has almost become my sole purpose .
Old 2008-02-04, 23:10   Link #1958
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
I have to admit that I'm not as much into the Kaz x Eriko x Asuka triangle as I'm into Mao x Kouichi. Still I like to keep an eye on that side of the coin and see what happens with Kaz. My main fixation is on getting a Kouichi x Mao couple at the end, in fact it has almost become my sole purpose .
well, with mr. Sax out of the way I am pretty much open to anything now even if it doesn't end MaoxKouichi it won't end MaoxKai!
Old 2008-02-04, 23:18   Link #1959
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, with mr. Sax out of the way I am pretty much open to anything now even if it doesn't end MaoxKouichi it won't end MaoxKai!
He can win her over, and it could end up kaixmao after all!!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 23:23   Link #1960
Lego

In the immortal words of Darth Vader, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

Man that would ruin the series and anime for a long time(for me) if somehow Kai turned into Super Sax and made it a point to win her back or somehow they ended up together . After the end of 17, all the hints since the early episodes of Mao loving Kouichi, Kouichi caring about Mao even with Yuumi, the
Spoiler:
would make it a cruel joke if they somehow snuck him back in at the last second.

Last edited by Lego; 2008-02-04 at 23:34.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen