AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-28, 07:36   Link #901
GDB

The Watermelon was definitely OP. As such, I do not expect to see it very often. Every now and then, I'm sure some giant Inves will show up and it'll be used against that, but otherwise they're going to stash it away somewhere.

So far, in terms of power, I'd say Watermelon > Pineapple > Orange = Strawberry

I'd like to give Orange a higher ranking, but he does so awful with it. In fact, he usually ends up losing the orange sword and having to rely on the Rider blade instead. So maybe Orange is actually really strong, and he's just awful.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 08:02   Link #902
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Of course Kota is awful. He's not a fighter to begin with. And he refuses to fight it all-out against other Riders.
Old 2013-11-28, 08:21   Link #903
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, it's Gen Urobuchi we're talking about. No doubt that Kota will get better. He MUST get better, or becoming grinned meat.

Also, hope to see more of Ichigo and Pine. Orange is cool, but I love these two more. And Suika is overkill.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 08:28   Link #904
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

It gets worse if you noticed way back at the Prologue. Zangetsu's faction had an army of Suika Yoroi behind him.
Old 2013-11-30, 01:48   Link #905
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I was a bit disappointed with the last two episodes. It's like the mood suddenly reverted to typical, unfunny modern Rider wackiness that the previous episodes were avoiding.
And do they really need to show a huge translation subtitle for every piece of French Pierre uses, even when he's repeating words?
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 01:57   Link #906
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Remember that Urobuchi is in charge. We may find this series as annoyingly funny and comedic so far, only for him to "drop the bomb" later on.
Old 2013-11-30, 05:16   Link #907
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Episode 6 felt like it was progressing to where a lot of us want the story to be (dark and serious) and then somehow episode 7 took a sharp turn in the opposite direction. I don't know what they want to do with this series anymore.

Spoiler for episode 7:

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2013-11-30 at 05:52.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 08:36   Link #908
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Maybe, Executive Meddling? I believe the new CEOs of the toysline don't want a fully Butchered Rider (even though the original riders were as dark as hell, of which Biorider was just insane. )
Old 2013-11-30, 10:55   Link #909
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Maybe, Executive Meddling?
It's too soon for that kind of thing, and according to the first reports, the sales are doing really well, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe Urobuchi is still testing the waters to see what he can do, he's new to the genre after all. Episode 7 was also supposed to debut a new Lock Seed, the most over the top, toy-ish transformation so far, i suppose this limits the writing, especially when one's not used to it.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 16:31   Link #910
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Remember that Urobuchi is in charge. We may find this series as annoyingly funny and comedic so far, only for him to "drop the bomb" later on.
Well, neither Kurokage nor Bravo were in the prologue scene, so there's a decent chance they're going to get butchered at some point soon.

Also, based on the prologue, it seems like Micchy will defect to his brother at some point soon as well. Probably for the best, since the idiot tries to melee with a gun instead of shoot it, and instead of ever trying a new lock seed for himself when he's fairing poorly, tosses it to Kouta.

...Seriously, Micchy should probably just start using Strawberry instead of Grapes. At least that'd give him range while still providing a melee weapon.

Also glad Kaito is going to get a new seed next week. Was getting kind of pissed that only Kouta was using other seeds. I know he's the main character and all, but still.
Old 2013-11-30, 17:36   Link #911
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no idea why Micchy keeps giving his lock seeds to Kouta either. Kouta has four of them now while he's still stuck with one.
Old 2013-11-30, 22:30   Link #912
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have no idea why Micchy keeps giving his lock seeds to Kouta either. Kouta has four of them now while he's still stuck with one.
According to the latest magazine scans, Micchy is finally getting his second one: Kiwi LS.

EDIT: I've just seen Baron's Mango Arms.

Did they just got the weapon wrong again? I mean, Knight of Hammer, but his weapon looked more like a mace.

Last edited by Rokumonsen; 2013-12-01 at 09:39. Reason: Update
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 19:13   Link #913
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Maybe that's his trope: mistaken titles. Goes with the BANANANA?!
Old 2013-12-04, 08:31   Link #914
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
...but otherwise they're going to stash it away somewhere.
Well, what do you know? Suika LS is disposable.
Old 2013-12-04, 09:24   Link #915
GDB

Haha yeah. At least they came up with a reason other than main character stupidity.

Glad to see the lock seed from episode 3 or 4 or whenever make another appearance, and turned out to be the mango!

Also, was that level 13 seed that Micchy picked the previously mentioned Kiwi seed? It definitely seems like higher level seeds make for stronger weapons, but seem to have downsides too. Watermeleon has a recharge timer, Mango is heavy and thus slows the user down. Time to see what a level 13 can do soon?
Old 2013-12-04, 09:27   Link #916
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I just saw Suika in action, and I’m loving how I finally get to see a KAMEN RIDER ARM SLAVE. And that's on top of interesting use of the camera and setting.

Damn it Gen why are you so awesome.
Old 2013-12-08, 18:11   Link #917
GDB

Looks like next week is going to be Kiwi arms, using an offensive shield set or a chakram set as its weapons.

I'm also waiting for them to confirm that those who eat the fruit turn into high class Inves. There was that feeling in episode 1 with Yuuya, and it was heavily implied in this episode with that one worker.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:12   Link #918
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Personally, I didn't think it could be any more obvious than outright showing or telling.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:46   Link #919
GDB

Yeah, but I want to see the characters' reaction to finding out. Hopefully it's not as dull as this episode's "reveal" was that the White/Melon Rider is Micchy's brother. After all, we knew that, but they didn't. Though I assume that'll be followed up on shortly.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:45   Link #920
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just finished Episode 9. It was a fun episode, so to speak. Really laughed at the Lockseed bait trick, when everybody wants a piece of that fruit.

And Yggdrasil is slowly becoming that of ZECT, with humanity's future and etc. I think I've got a little gist of what the Sengoku Driver's purpose is.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu