AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-10-06, 12:32   Link #3221
Wandering Soul

It looks like Nighteye's prediction is going to be proven wrong for the first time. It's either that or there was a twist to what this vision that he didn't get. Either way, Deku has his chance to prove that he wasn't that wrong choice for OFA.

I'm glad to see that Ryukyu's group will get in on this fight.
Old 2017-10-06, 12:43   Link #3222
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It looks like Nighteye's prediction is going to be proven wrong for the first time. It's either that or there was a twist to what this vision that he didn't get. Either way, Deku has his chance to prove that he wasn't that wrong choice for OFA.

I'm glad to see that Ryukyu's group will get in on this fight.
I'm really wary of where this is going... We know that fate will be defied, but the question is how. And it will bug the heck out of me if Deku manages to defy fate through nothing more than sheer force of will; it would just be so cliche' and lazy after setting up the idea that fate is unbreakable. I mean that would be some really heavy plot contrivance. I can only hope for somekind of twist to explain nighteye's broken vision
Old 2017-10-06, 13:12   Link #3223
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I'm really wary of where this is going... We know that fate will be defied, but the question is how. And it will bug the heck out of me if Deku manages to defy fate through nothing more than sheer force of will; it would just be so cliche' and lazy after setting up the idea that fate is unbreakable. I mean that would be some really heavy plot contrivance. I can only hope for somekind of twist to explain nighteye's broken vision
Well, ever since the vision of the death of All Might, he's pretty much lost all hope on ever changing his foresights. He simply accepted that the events that would occur would happen no matter what he did. Even when he attempted previously(before his AM-death vison), he probably assumed the outcome would occur then as well, even as he attempted to stop it, particularly because he's a very logical man. I think now, with his star pupil having his dream crushed forever, this is the first time he's gotten emotionally invested into something and deep at that. Its probably the first time, that he truly with every fiber of his being wanted to stop the vision his foresight foretold. I could see that as being the reason it would changed. They could also add that others being so emotionally invested(Lemillion/Deku) increases the chance of changing that fate.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 16:52   Link #3224
kp_ol

Maybe we will see Steins;Gate's trick ... that is great way out and maybe counter too.
kp_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 17:03   Link #3225
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Well, ever since the vision of the death of All Might, he's pretty much lost all hope on ever changing his foresights. He simply accepted that the events that would occur would happen no matter what he did. Even when he attempted previously(before his AM-death vison), he probably assumed the outcome would occur then as well, even as he attempted to stop it, particularly because he's a very logical man. I think now, with his star pupil having his dream crushed forever, this is the first time he's gotten emotionally invested into something and deep at that. Its probably the first time, that he truly with every fiber of his being wanted to stop the vision his foresight foretold. I could see that as being the reason it would changed. They could also add that others being so emotionally invested(Lemillion/Deku) increases the chance of changing that fate.
Personally, I feel like Nighteye's Powers have a limitation in that HE can't make them change, but other's can still freely do so. In other words, it shows him the future of someone based on his own actions, but not necessarily the results of other's actions that don't involve him. Deku's actions and the actions of the three bursting in through the ceiling are all not related to what he's doing in any way, particularly as he's on the floor doing nothing in despair. This would be an interesting twist on the ability to see the future.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 07:42   Link #3226
Sixth
True Momo v2.0

Chapter is out and I have difficult time to follow what's just happened and how Eri's power even works. Is it because of the bad translation or I am not reading it hard enough?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 08:36   Link #3227
Random14

Well, its a three way clash at the moment, with the heroes, villains and yakuza clashing, so I'm losing track of things too. So that's what she did with Deku's blood, not surprised.

I expect the League will get away with one of those bullets at least, probably not Eri herself since Lemillion and Deku's efforts have inspired her at least a little bit. So looks like she "rewinds" things, so maybe her ability is to return things to earlier stages, or to unmake something (compared to Chisaki's repair/reassemble). Looks like she undid Chisaki's transformation, just hope Deku doesn't get hit with that too.

Still not sure how this will end up. Any time a chapter ends right before a success, that's usually a bad sign, but with how chaotic the situation is, who knows which way this will go.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 11:48   Link #3228
Galaxian

So, does Eri have Orihime's power?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 11:48   Link #3229
Wandering Soul

Eri's ability to rewind time provides one explanation for how they can defy Nighteye's vision without Deku just will powering his way through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Chapter is out and I have difficult time to follow what's just happened and how Eri's power even works. Is it because of the bad translation or I am not reading it hard enough?
From my understanding she rewinds time for whatever she touches. When her father touched her, he disappeared because she reminded his time to before he was even born causing him to cease to exist. He blood can get rid of quirks because her blood counts as part of her and when it touches someone, it reverse their genes to before their quirk gene developed.
Old 2017-10-13, 11:56   Link #3230
Sixth
True Momo v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Eri's ability to rewind time provides one explanation for how they can defy Nighteye's vision without Deku just will powering his way through it.

From my understanding she rewinds time for whatever she touches. When her father touched her, he disappeared because she reminded his time to before he was even born causing him to cease to exist. He blood can get rid of quirks because her blood counts as part of her and when it touches someone, it reverse their genes to before their quirk gene developed.
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

But damn, her rewind is way too extreme. The result is either 0 or 100. No in between.
Old 2017-10-13, 12:48   Link #3231
marvelB

Well, well, looks like Eri is finally taking action on her own. And it turns out that's quite a powerful quirk she has, as well.... maybe she'll decide to become a UA student once she successfully escapes from Overhaul's grasp?

Also, I'm a little disappointed that Toga finally used the Deku disguise, only for it to ultimately become useless. I sorta figured she's use it for something a bit more grand, like framing our hero for some serious crimes or something....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 13:39   Link #3232
Twi

That plan went out the window the moment Izuku noticed her because she went Yandere on him while wearing Lock Rock's face.

Remember, he recalled what happened during the exams of the their licenses and remembered how she was acting different according to her peers. The moment that came up, Izuku basically understood not only what happened, but would inform the teachers afterwards of the connection, meaning that even if she tried to frame him they would be able to point that out given how obsessed she's been with him. If that plan was going to work, she would have needed to not have been caught transforming.
Old 2017-10-13, 14:03   Link #3233
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That plan went out the window the moment Izuku noticed her because she went Yandere on him while wearing Lock Rock's face.
Ah yeah, you've got a good point there (along with the rest of your post). Still, I wonder if it isn't possible for Twice to make a clone of Toga that's a bit more.... shall we say, stable, compared to the original? Then maybe the framing plot would have a better chance of success if the clone is less likely to go cuckoo at the sight of her object of obsession....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 14:59   Link #3234
Waxman

I like how in the end Eri had to help herself, that she was inspired by heroes.
It fits well with the series itself. Even when Deku saved Kouta it was after he did an attempt to fight Muscular with his water quirk.
Speaking of Kouta, the author said he planned to do a timejump in at some point. If Eri becomes a future student of UA she and Kouta may become great characters to add to the cast. Heck they may end up beign students of Deku either in school or in an internship.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 20:44   Link #3235
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

Remember, he recalled what happened during the exams of the their licenses and remembered how she was acting different according to her peers. The moment that came up, Izuku basically understood not only what happened, but would inform the teachers afterwards of the connection, meaning that even if she tried to frame him they would be able to point that out given how obsessed she's been with him. If that plan was going to work, she would have needed to not have been caught transforming.
While that is true, i does still feel like deku's blood should have been used for something more significant. I mean it felt like they were making a big deal out of the fact she managed to grab a drop of his blood, like they had some kind of plan in mind... and instead its just used for some misdirection. Heck she could have pull the same stunt by disguising herself as Lockrock again
Old 2017-10-13, 22:12   Link #3236
Twi

Oh yeah. I totally agree. But what's done is done. I mean, if she still has the blood she can probably get the drop on All Might or his mom just to screw with him, but no one will believe the actual Izuku did it after the fact. Izuku will breakdown hard though.
Old 2017-10-13, 23:11   Link #3237
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

basically, rewinding time means that Lemillion's quirk might return in the future
at least Deku is successful this time

although I'm pretty worried that the "fake Deku" is roaming on the surface
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 02:36   Link #3238
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So, does Eri have Orihime's power?
she does, she is Erihime...

tbh, i dont really get what she can do, this seems to be a thing in this arc: the author failing to convey information
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-14, 05:38   Link #3239
Sixth
True Momo v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
she does, she is Erihime...

tbh, i dont really get what she can do, this seems to be a thing in this arc: the author failing to convey information
Yeah... ever since this arc is started I did had a difficulty to follow the action scenes and or understand what is the author try to tells. Heck I can't even tell which or whose bubble dialogues were in certain chapters.

Not sure it is the translator's fault or the source material itself.
Old 2017-10-14, 12:25   Link #3240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eri's ability is as simple as it gets. She can rewind a target's time. A character in Sagrada reset had the same ability. She rewinded Overhaul to a time before he fused with Nemoto, and will most likely rewind Mirio to before he was hit by the bullet. Of course, it's possible her powers are more like Orihime's as others mentioned and she rejects events. Or something like Crazy Diamond's abilities. I think we'll know next week depending on whether Overhaul has lost his memories of the past few minutes or not. If he has, it's definitely time manipulation.

Either way, it's a very powerful ability.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot