AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 11:40   Link #21
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
not sure if I want that
it's already complicated enough with one dimension and timeline
in Asura Cryin, multi dimensions is the basis of the world setting.
But in Valvrave we don't have that.

Edit: The next part of the A-Drei sidestory manga has appeared online. It really does not seem to me, if L-Elf would be allowed to contact Lieselotte and vice versa.

//
There really is no other way of explaining it what happens in the preview. In order to have all this happen in the same timeline. First, we need a time skip where New JIOR has enough power to rescue Saki and the others. Then, another time skip where they start populating Earth. With the first season that kept moving forward in one timeframe. I doubt the second would skip so much.

Also, the future timeline has already shown inconsistencies with New JIOR having only one founder. The future we've seen is the original timeline and the one happening now is the present that has branched off into a separate one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
The story of the princess is something that should be treated differently when it is displayed childhood L-11 will know if they were as good friends as we thought. He grew up and I do not think it is still the same sweet and naive girl.
If so, maybe she'll be the one to change Haruto, with amending his "halves" logic, as someone who once thought the same thing.
Old 2013-07-22, 18:35   Link #22
Key Board
Carbon

I don't see any contradictions YET.

All can be theorized.

They're not going to populate Earth. Earth is already populated. They're going to spread into space and establish colonies.
200 years is a long time. Look at America. 230+ years and look how large it has grown.

Saki managed to escape. The group sentai photo takes place AFTER her Dorsian vacation.
Remember that promo trailers do not necessarily show scenes in chronological order.
She either had help (H-Neun?) or Cain intentionally let her go.

Founder is probably Haruto. This implies that he carried out Shoko's dream. (couldn't be achieved within her natural lifetime?)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:20   Link #23
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Do not know yet if it's your child, because they have spent many decades. L-Elf was outside the valvrave because he was misinformed, I think cain sent him directly because he knew that was compatible.
Are you talking to Destined_Fate? Are you using some translation software?

It is first anime character design work from Hoshino Katsura(of D.Gray-man fame). The original character design looks so different.

According to 2ch and some other sites, the producers says that L-Elf is likely not going to pilot Valvrave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by online
あと革命CDでキャラの裏設定、というか初期案の話題が出てておもしろい
・企画当初ハルトとエルエルフの名前は「オモテ」と「ウラ」だった
・企画当初はアキラがヒロインだった
・リオン先生は元々生徒だったけど先生っぽいということで先生に
・企画当初のショーコの名前は「照子」で「ショーコ」だった(最初はみんな漢字の名前があったけどカタカナ で決定)[/IMG]
Basically, the bundled CD talks about the original character design.

-Haruto's original name is Omote, and L-Elf's original name is Ura.
-Original plan is that Akira is heroine.
-Rion-sensei was originally one of the students.
-Originally, Shouko's name is Teruko. It was written in kanji. Later, the characters' names are changed to katakana.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-07-25 at 23:22.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:59   Link #24
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I did not know that until now. Akira was really the supposed heroine but her character has to be built up then if she's going to be. I like Haruto better than Omote. Somehow, it sounds weird hearing them being called with these names. <3:
Old 2013-07-23, 21:14   Link #25
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
-Haruto's original name is Omote, and L-Elf's original name is Ura.
Fun Fact: "Omote" and "Ura" mean "Front" and "Back".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 22:43   Link #26
Key Board
Carbon

I don't see how the heroine role goes from Akira to Shoko. They're like.. oil and water

If I'm going to guess, they took some of those initial ideas for Akira and made the other heroine, Saki

now that I think of it, Saki and Akira do have some an overlapping similarity in that they are loners and very picky about who they interact with
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-23, 23:09   Link #27
Fjoergyn

I'm glad they changed names and Saki chosen as the main
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 00:48   Link #28
~BC~

照子- Pretty sure this can still be read as Shouko.

I'm wondering if there really is significance to the names which is why they did away with all the kanji readings.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 15:52   Link #29
Kurohane

Quote:
I don't see any contradictions YET.

All can be theorized.

They're not going to populate Earth. Earth is already populated. They're going to spread into space and establish colonies.
200 years is a long time. Look at America. 230+ years and look how large it has grown.

Saki managed to escape. The group sentai photo takes place AFTER her Dorsian vacation.
Remember that promo trailers do not necessarily show scenes in chronological order.
She either had help (H-Neun?) or Cain intentionally let her go.

Founder is probably Haruto. This implies that he carried out Shoko's dream. (couldn't be achieved within her natural lifetime?)
I agree that it's all a theory. However, when you think of the length of a 12 episode cour, the separate timeline theory makes sense. An episode or two can be used to summarize what happened then, and the remaining episodes focus on what's currently going on. If the staff plan to cover all of this in one timeline, the next season is obviously is going to feel rushed compared to the first where they took things at regular pace.

Also, I have questions about that shrine that was talked about in the first episode. The one that Shoko said was started three years ago, yet it was considered a legend. It's something that is easily forgettable, but I believe it has importance.
Old 2013-07-24, 20:03   Link #30
Key Board
Carbon

Oh, I get what you're trying to say

They won't have to worry into making some time for the 200 years material
They are (sadly) not going to deal with the 200 years material for anything other than previews and epilogue material.

If we are REALLY lucky maybe we'll get an OAV about that.

But that's it.
Old 2013-07-24, 20:24   Link #31
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
I don't see how the heroine role goes from Akira to Shoko. They're like.. oil and water

If I'm going to guess, they took some of those initial ideas for Akira and made the other heroine, Saki

now that I think of it, Saki and Akira do have some an overlapping similarity in that they are loners and very picky about who they interact with
I think Shouko and Akira were the supposed heroines, but Saki ended up getting the plot relevance. I can't imagine Akira getting assaulted by Haruto.
Old 2013-07-25, 03:43   Link #32
Kurohane

Quote:
Oh, I get what you're trying to say

They won't have to worry into making some time for the 200 years material
They are (sadly) not going to deal with the 200 years material for anything other than previews and epilogue material.

If we are REALLY lucky maybe we'll get an OAV about that.

But that's it.
I seriously doubt the staff will go past the current year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the season starts an all our speculation about this go down the drain.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:45   Link #33
Fjoergyn

It would be naive to think that we will see something solid in the last season, going to have to speed up some situations and develop other very fast. The story will start on the moon, perhaps a few months have passed since the ambush to the module, the preview shows the group without major physical changes, except your ugly suit
Old 2013-07-25, 10:51   Link #34
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
It would be naive to think that we will see something solid in the last season, going to have to speed up some situations and develop other very fast. The story will start on the moon, perhaps a few months have passed since the ambush to the module, the preview shows the group without major physical changes, except your ugly suit

Whose ugly suit? They look like space diplomats actually as how I see it. Akira looks cute with that get up though appearing like a flight attendant.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:54   Link #35
Kurohane

Quote:
Yeah, I'd feel much more comfortable if the staff announced a third season not long after the second one starts to know they aren't rushing.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:59   Link #36
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, I'd feel much more comfortable if the staff announced a third season not long after the second one starts to know they aren't rushing.
A film could also help, maybe count the time jump that we will not see in the series. Not want to see L-Elf with that horrible suit bearing the group
Old 2013-07-25, 11:02   Link #37
Kurohane

Depends on the shows popularity, I guess. Truly wondering how'll the staff is going to do the second season. Any new PVs yet?
Old 2013-07-26, 08:57   Link #38
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Depends on the shows popularity, I guess. Truly wondering how'll the staff is going to do the second season. Any new PVs yet?
August
Old 2013-07-26, 14:50   Link #39
Kurohane

Quote:
August
Yeah, I guess there wouldn't be any this soon. We'll probably get one late September.
Old 2013-08-05, 08:56   Link #40
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...25#post4768825
I guess Akira and Saki originally being one character is confirmed?

Spoiler:

Saki holds a private funeral for Aina. Shame this wasn't in the anime

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-08-05 at 09:10.

Tags
characters