AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-25, 02:14   Link #1
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Chihayafuru Season 3

After Six Years, Chihayafuru Season 3 Green-Lit; Asami Seto and Yoshimasa Hosoya Delighted

Quote:
On February 25th, a third season of Chihayafuru was greenlit for 2019. The third season is scheduled to air on the late-night anime timeslot AnichU, and the announcement was made the same day on the "Chihayafuru Fan Thanksgiving in Awara" event held in Hotel Grandia Housen in Awara, Fukui Prefecture. The voice cast, including the voice behind the lead role of Chihaya Ayase, Asami Seto, was delighted about the announcement. Several hundreds of fans celebrated the announcement of a new anime series after six years.
Similar news on Anime News Network and MyAnimeList.

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (1/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (2/11).
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (6/22) and Toji no Miko (18/24).
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 333. Plan to watch: 31.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-02-25 at 02:26.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 02:28   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Deciedly mixed feelings for me. The S2 announcement was one of my greatest days as an anime fan, but the serious has become such an emotional slog as Suetsugu's more annoying tendencies as a writer have repeated themselves in recent years. I still love Chihayafuru but it's a much more wearisome experience now. I'm happy, but wary - as if an old lover who broke up with you who you know was bad for you but never quite got over, calls and says "Let's get back together".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 04:17   Link #3
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate

What a lovely birthday present.
Old 2018-02-25, 04:43   Link #4
Ulin

Happy Birthday indeed @Haak

I really hope this is what Kodansha needs to publish the phisical edition of the manga
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 05:56   Link #5
Blaat

Images
obligatory over the top reaction image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I had given up on season 3, especially after the live action movies. So I'm genuinely dumbfounded. Looking forward to see the interesting matches and events animated.

If anyone's interested there's enough material for two seasons and the manga is nearing the climax although it will probably still be ongoing in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What a lovely birthday present.
Happy birthday! Normally you're supposed to save get your best present for last, so prepare to be disappointed for the rest of the day.
Old 2018-02-25, 06:08   Link #6
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow! That's something I'd never expected to hear.

Now i need to make sure I rewatch the first two seasons before the third one starts!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 12:31   Link #7
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Taichi suffering returns in anime form.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:41   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is such great news! Although Enzo's post kind of dampened my enthusiasm

I'll have to rewatch the first two seasons as well. It's a series that stuck with me, but I more than likely forgot a lot of things.
Old 2018-02-26, 13:57   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is such great news! Although Enzo's post kind of dampened my enthusiasm

I'll have to rewatch the first two seasons as well. It's a series that stuck with me, but I more than likely forgot a lot of things.

My bad, didn't mean to bring the party down. Just a little conflicted in my feelings about Chihayafuru these days, especially in the way Suetsugu writes a certain character. But it's still Chihayafuru.

I will say this - there's one arc in particular that would be part of a third season that I think is among the best in the series, comfortably. Really looking forward to seeing that animated.
Old 2018-02-26, 14:12   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Okay, to celebrate this, I'm going to watch the live-action movies .
Old 2018-02-26, 15:24   Link #11
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh nice, maybe I should catch up. I sorta stopped watching in the middle of season 2
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 15:35   Link #12
Ulin

What I really want to know is if this is a sign that they want to animate the whole manga, since it is ending relatively soon (at least I think so) and it would be a pity to leave it unfinished... on the other hand, it could be that they plan to finish the manga next year and they want to boost the final sales...
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 19:53   Link #13
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay, to celebrate this, I'm going to watch the live-action movies.
The March 17 nation wide theatrical release of Musubi is also rapidly approaching.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 21:02   Link #14
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

I dunno if I can survive one more year for this, but I'll do my best!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 01:18   Link #15
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
What I really want to know is if this is a sign that they want to animate the whole manga, since it is ending relatively soon (at least I think so) and it would be a pity to leave it unfinished... on the other hand, it could be that they plan to finish the manga next year and they want to boost the final sales...
I've been thinking the manga was entering the endgame for at least two years, but been wrong every time so far. No official word of a planned winding down as far as I know.
Old 2018-02-28, 22:54   Link #16
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've been thinking the manga was entering the endgame for at least two years, but been wrong every time so far. No official word of a planned winding down as far as I know.
Have you seen any more recent indications than manga editor Emi Miyazawa's poetic "Stations of Mt. Fuji" remark, about the state of progress of the Chihayafuru manga?

General note and spoiler alert for those not up to date with the manga. The following link to a March 14, 2016 ANN article, in which that remark was translated, has information about the contents of the manga as of March 2016. Chihayafuru Manga's Editor Discusses Series' Progress in Interview.

For spoiler free reference, the final episode of the second season of the animated TV series includes adaptations of events from Chapter 93 of the manga (Volume 17). The referenced Vol. 31 goes up to chapter 163. Be Love 6 (2018) was released today, bringing ongoing serialisation up to Ch. 196. Perhaps exploring this topic further might be better in a different thread -as far as contents are concerned - but must note here that, based on previews of the eText version, this magazine issue also has at least one page of promotion for the planned third season of the TV anime (2019), also mentioned on the cover.

In other local news: Live-action films Kami no Ku and Shimo no Ku will get their first TV broadcast on two consecutive Fridays starting on March 9, ahead of the theatrical release of Musubi on March 17. An announcement went out earlier from NTV and a video message has since then also been embedded in the dedicated Chihayafuru live-action Twitter feed.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-02-28 at 23:05.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karuta