AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-25, 00:33   Link #6181
Kazu-kun

He'll get the hand of UI eventually. Provided the anime comes back at some point in the future.
Old 2018-03-25, 00:39   Link #6182
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

So Mastered UI got sealed for plot reason so that Goku can't murder the next arc villain from get-go? Well, I can accept that reasoning.

But it was a good finale. If someone told me that Goku and Frieza will working together to defeat the main villain last few years ago, I would have laugh at them. Fate is kinda whimsical, right? Last time we had SSJ Goku and Final Form Frieza were trying to kill each other now on the dying planet, and in the present we have Final Form Frieza and SSJ Goku are working together to beat the major obstacle on the collapsing arena. Props for Toei for that. Love it every moment of that.

Also, Frieza is really good in trash talking.

So I guess, ever since from the beginning, the 8 universes were pretty much destined to be doom had universe 7 didn't win the tournament because none of the 7 universe will ever entertain the thought of bringing back of the erased universe when they won. Well played, Zeno.

It was neat to see that Angel has the power to resurrection someone. They were truly a god in DBS.

P.S. It was hilarious to think that King Kai is still remain dead while Frieza, the evil entity got revived twice in the whole DBS airing.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 00:48   Link #6183
SilverGlavenus

Flawed as it may be, the series ended beautifully. Cheers for our journey guys.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 01:01   Link #6184
static-flare

Did Frost get restored too?
static-flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 01:07   Link #6185
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah pretty dumb how Goku can't use UI anymore but obvious why they had to nerf it. Too bad.
Old 2018-03-25, 01:07   Link #6186
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by static-flare View Post
Did Frost get restored too?
Yes.

Also, why was language that used to summon (or make wish) the Dragon Ball Super is backward in subtitle? Is this is how in works in original Jap dub (reverse kanji) or it was added by the english translator on their own?
Old 2018-03-25, 01:18   Link #6187
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I KNEW IT, I knew this was all a Test. XD

Go look back, you'll see my truth!
Old 2018-03-25, 02:24   Link #6188
Idealist 99

You know, it will be sad when Freeza dies again. Unless the show find a way to keep Freeza alive without threatening anyone.
Old 2018-03-25, 03:10   Link #6189
EroKing
Version 6.9

The ride was bumpy at times but the last 3 years went by pretty quick. Thanks Dragon Ball Super for delivering one hell of a finale, it is the end of an era once again.
Old 2018-03-25, 03:45   Link #6190
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Well, that was good! Amazing final fight, #17 keeps being a bro, and the whole "this was a test" thing actually justifies all the smirks from the Grand Priest without anything too complicated going on.

Still, these Gods are pretty flippant toying with mortal lives... imagine if Frieza had been the last one standing instead of #17... oh, well .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 05:03   Link #6191
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

So this is how and where Frieza got his tail cut.

Also, I like this screenshot.

Namek SSJ Goku!
Old 2018-03-25, 05:04   Link #6192
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Yes.

Also, why was language that used to summon (or make wish) the Dragon Ball Super is backward in subtitle? Is this is how in works in original Jap dub (reverse kanji) or it was added by the english translator on their own?
Yes. The "Language of the Gods" has always just been backwards Japanese. If you go back and look at the old Dragon Team subs for the U6 arc, it was done the same way there too. The Japanese closed captions for the episode are...
Quote:
(大神官)レクテツヤテシドモ\Nニトモヲウユチウ→
ノテベス タツマシテエキ!
Which when read backwards becomes "kiete shimatta subete no uchuu o moto ni modoshite yatte kure", so "Please return all the universes that disappered to how they were".
Old 2018-03-25, 06:14   Link #6193
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yes. The "Language of the Gods" has always just been backwards Japanese. If you go back and look at the old Dragon Team subs for the U6 arc, it was done the same way there too. The Japanese closed captions for the episode are...

Which when read backwards becomes "kiete shimatta subete no uchuu o moto ni modoshite yatte kure", so "Please return all the universes that disappered to how they were".
I see. This is neat. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2018-03-25, 06:32   Link #6194
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yes. The "Language of the Gods" has always just been backwards Japanese.
Proof that Super Shenron is in fact Satan.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 07:32   Link #6195
xeviouses

Anybody else like the design of Super Shenron? It didn't look too outlandish and fluffy like the Namekian Shenron.

UI getting sealed makes sense, besides plot reasons, Goku obtained it when he was in extreme duress and getting pushed to his limit unlike Super Saiyan form which was him getting extremely angry.

Though this does make Vegeta a little stronger than Goku by virtue of having an SSB2 form.
Old 2018-03-25, 07:35   Link #6196
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
So this is how and where Frieza got his tail cut.

Also, I like this screenshot.

Namek SSJ Goku!
Those faces made it seem like they're about to fuse.
Too bad Freeza and Goku didn't fuse.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 09:15   Link #6197
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You want them to fuse?

Anyway, the episode was good. Hopefully we get more Dragon Ball after the movie.

Speaking of a continuation, though, did they do a three-year time-skip at the end? Goten and Trunks grew up (I didn't notice)? And if so, this is really right before the final chapter and Epilogue of the DBZ manga (or just the Epilogue? I don't remember exactly).

I hope Goku can get the hang of Ultra Instinct somehow. Maybe with more training with Whis he can learn to do it at will. And maybe he can go into SSJB2 if possible. But yeah, right now he can't use Ultra Instinct. I don't think he completely lost it, though. I think he'll be able to do it the next time he's cornered and needs to push past his limits. Hopefully I'm right.

Anyway, yeah, I'm glad all of the universes that were erased in the tournament are back. Though I'm a bit surprised to learn that the Zenous had foreseen that, and that they would've erased everything if a selfish wish had been asked. I'm so glad Frieza wasn't the last one standing. And speaking of Frieza. I just hope he doesn't continue destroying planets now. It'd be good if he only destroyed planets that Beerus would want to. None else.

The upcoming movie is about the origin of the Saiyans, right? And if that's the case, Goku and Vegeta might be learning about it since it takes place after the Tournament of Power.
Old 2018-03-25, 09:42   Link #6198
justavisitor

I really like the final. You can see goku, freeza, and 17 are throwing everything and the kitchen sink to Jiren. Punches, push, wrestling, and headbutt. You can feel the desperation here

So master UI is still the standard here. It's good that goku can't access it on his will yet. This is the state that human can surpass god. It is the best to leave it as the possibility at this stage. But Jiren shows Goku and Vegeta how strong can one achieve without going UI. I am sure this is the direction Goku and Vegeta try to follow at this point.

So Jiren "dies" thinking Goku and Freeza are the best buddies....lol one can't get fooled even more than this

And do you know the biggest loser of this tournament? Jaco the space police. When Freeza comes back to the game, Jaco and his colleague should consider changing their career. XD

Overall, can't ask more from this series. We are so fortunate to be able to watch the new dragonall show in 2018, and the show has been getting better and better towards the end. I just feel I am blessed XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 12:09   Link #6199
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
People being shocked at 17's wish, lol

Well, Zeno should erase everything if people were really so daft.

Also, Frieza's psycho crusher.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 12:14   Link #6200
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

-So what happened to your Ultra Instinct?
-No idea. Guess I lost it.
-Loser! I'll get another power to surpass you!
-BTW, what happened to that Dark Super Saiyan Blue?
-Grrr.....

Still, while the fight felt good, the ending was really rushed. Couldn't Toei give the series some extra minutes like the first season of Kekkai Sensen or Re:Zero to have a proper ending? Still, I think Frieza is no longer evil considering his revival was Beerus' decision and he appears to have strong judgement despite his behaviour.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy