AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 05:13   Link #3801
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

if it's a photo on your computer try putting it in the browser & the copying the link into the Insert photo button
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 07:10   Link #3802
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You have to upload the image to an image hosting site and put the URL into the [IMG] tags.

Anyways. Ise does have greater affinity with dragon-related things. It should've gone up even more from him getting his new body. But the scary thing is that the power from Great Red's flesh is still dormant inside him and hasn't awakened yet. His dragon aura will go up after he awakens that power.

About magic and Demonic Power. I too will say that Ise won't be using Dress Break or Pailingual on males. He even said in Volume 2 that he isn't interested in seeing a man's naked body, for one thing. He's a huge pervert and the whole reason he developed these techniques was for that. When he formed his magician contract with Le Fay, he expressed an interest in learning magic so that he could create perverted magic. That's what he's interested in mostly. And Le Fay is his contracted magician, so he can learn magic from her too.
Old 2018-04-20, 07:48   Link #3803
Lucidrago

(People say Issei's 'dragon powers' are higher than Vali's but can't exactly describe how.)

You do know how Sacred Gears respond to the possessors' emotions and feelings? Albion was mainly talking about how Issei got riled up. And then the fact that dragons are associated with wrath.

So I wouldn't say Issei's dragon powers are higher than Vali's until someone can explain how. Or what these dragon powers are exactly and how they are any different from Vali's.

"But Vali said................." That's how this is going to continue.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 08:35   Link #3804
TheWu8128
Silent Samurai

Isse can transform into a dragon and he could breath fire before he got Ddriag's ability. I mean its been pretty obvious that Isse has more of a affinity for his dragon abilities, powers, or whatever you want to call them. Vali is more geared towards demonic power and magic.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 08:36   Link #3805
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Albion also added,
Quote:
[Sacred Gears simply use strong emotions as food for power. Hyoudou Issei’s rage is at its genuine limit, and is turned towards you. Only straightforward people can draw out the dragon’s power.]
Ise by nature can draw out and use dragon powers better than Vali. And if it wasn't true, why would even Vali himself admit it?

Edit: One post late.
@TheWu: Actually, any Dragon-related Sacred Gear possessor can dragonify. Ise just doesn't have to sacrifice the body parts he wants to dragonify, whereas Vali or Saji would have to sacrifice those body parts to their respective dragons. And Ise learned how to breathe fire from Tannin. Saji could learn to do it as well.
Old 2018-04-20, 08:49   Link #3806
Joulez97

Joulez97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 09:04   Link #3807
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Very nice drawing skill! It is a good replica of the original.
Old 2018-04-20, 09:41   Link #3808
Raptor178

Considering Ddraig and Albion are both sealed inside of Sacred Gears, you could make the argument that whatever "dragon powers" the hosts have access to are also dependent on their will, as all Sacred Gears are. Albion said it quite decisively that Ise is more "straightforward" in terms of personalities. If Vali's word doesn't count, then Albion's most definitely more of an authority on the mechanics of Ddraig' and his powers powers.
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 09:47   Link #3809
Joulez97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
Very nice drawing skill! It is a good replica of the original.
thanks, i wanted to use the stance from the original later i'll color it.
Joulez97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 09:47   Link #3810
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Albion also added, Ise by nature can draw out and use dragon powers better than Vali. And if it wasn't true, why would even Vali himself admit it?

@TheWu: Actually, any Dragon-related Sacred Gear possessor can dragonify. Ise just doesn't have to sacrifice the body parts he wants to dragonify, whereas Vali or Saji would have to sacrifice those body parts to their respective dragons. And Ise learned how to breathe fire from Tannin. Saji could learn to do it as well.
Saying he has greater affinity with his dragon and saying he is better at using dragon power are two different things. What Vali is actually saying is that issei has better potential in that area, but that doesn’t necessarily mean issei was better at using them at that point in time.

Also we dont know exactly how dragonificatin works for sg users besides issei. Consider that issei had to make said sacrifice cause his base was way too weak to use his balance breaker. And given how non sg dragon hosts like ouryu can dragonify off a high base value of 5 pawns, it should stand to reason that someone with a high base like vali could dragonify whether it be by using his demonic power to supplement it (as demonic power is imaginative in nature) or through his magical talent.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 10:17   Link #3811
TheWu8128
Silent Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Albion also added, Ise by nature can draw out and use dragon powers better than Vali. And if it wasn't true, why would even Vali himself admit it?

Thats what I meant he is a humanoid dragon and can transform into a dragon pretty much at will. Yes I know Ise learned to breath fire from Tannin, your just repeating what I was saying about Ise dragon abilites. Also we aren't talking about Saji so don't know why you brought him up, I'm sure he can learn to breath fire, but so what we're talking about Ise's abilites.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 10:23   Link #3812
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@kidstandout: You could be right. But as far as we know, Ise can dragonify at will because of his dragon body.

And can we deny that Ise has (a little?) more dragon aura, and that he can get more from awakening Great Red's power? He'll have more than Vali at that point. Vali only has higher Demonic Power and greater talent than him.
Old 2018-04-20, 10:36   Link #3813
kidstandout
From Russia With Love

Yeah we can't deny that, it's right there in the quotes. Just got to be clear on what the quotes are saying so it doesn't come off as wanking for either of them.
kidstandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 11:42   Link #3814
Lucidrago

Well Issei really can't transform at will. As proven when he needs Rias and Akeno to still suck out the aura when he transforms his body parts into Dragon form.

Would anyone say that Tannin has more Dragon affinity than Issei or Vali due to him being a flesh-and-blood dragon?

And Issei focuses the fire into his stomach that he creates using his demonic powers and boosts it and breathes it out. Since breathing fire is something that we've seen most dragons do and Issei was able to do it while being a mere human reincarnated devil, I'm sure Vali could do it too.

I don't understand. Does Issei use Ddraig's abilities better than Vali's? How does he have more Dragon aura than him and if he does, Ishibumi does a really horrible job of showcasing it.

Issei just does better in the 'sudden explosive short-term power-up' than Vali due to him being a straightforward guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. And due to the fact that Sacred Gears respond to feelings and emotions. And that dragons are associated with wrath. Issei is the type to turn things around unexpectedly with sudden power-ups and unexpected comebacks. Like Indra said, he is the type that has B-class power, but gets SSS-class power when in a pinch and turns the battle around unexpectedly.
Old 2018-04-20, 11:54   Link #3815
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise can dragonify at will simply by accumulating dragon aura. Not fully yet, yes, but that could just be because he hasn't awakened the power from Great Red's flesh yet. Same for him not being able to transform back without Rias or Akeno's help.

This is only about Ise and Vali. Ise has the body of a dragon on top of the dragon traits he already had from being a possessor of a Dragon-type Sacred Gear, whereas Vali is a human/devil hybrid with some dragon traits. And Vali's dragon traits are only there because he has a Dragon-type Sacred Gear. Now tell me: who among them is more of a dragon?

Ise may not have higher dragon aura right now compared to Vali, but let's wait until the power in Great Red's flesh awakens.

You're right about what you said in that last paragraph, though, I'll give you that. But this is something that was said in the Ise vs. Vali fight when Ise was pissed off because he thought Vali would halve the girls' breasts. It was where Vali admitted that Ise has greater affinity with dragon-related things.
Old 2018-04-20, 12:05   Link #3816
Lucidrago

Again the Dragon Kings are flesh-and-blood dragons. So what happens when Vali becomes much stronger than they are. I feel that most people overestimate Issei's dragonic body and acts as if It's doing wonders right now when nothing has really happened that sets him apart from Vali. I got to see it to believe it.
Old 2018-04-20, 12:15   Link #3817
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The point isn't to make Ise more powerful than Vali. The point is to say that Ise is more of a dragon. Nothing more.

Also, I'm actually the one saying that Ise and Vali will be equal in terms of overall raw power when they reach their peak power. Just that Ise will have more dragon aura.
Old 2018-04-20, 13:54   Link #3818
Lucidrago

Well being more of a dragon is kind of insignificant really.
Old 2018-04-20, 14:09   Link #3819
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Did we see the battle between Akeno vs Zhu Bajie & Le Fay? Or Kiba vs Bikou?
Old 2018-04-20, 14:16   Link #3820
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Osman is talking about Fuel Lucidrago.

Demonic energy = Devil Fuel
Dragon Aura = Dragon Fuel

While Vali have immense demonic enerdy due his Lucifer heritage and some random quantity of dragon aura due Albion, Issei have little demonic energy from his evil pieces and dragon aura from Ddraig and his body, so he have two sources of dragon aura. So is only logical tha we'll think he have more dragon aura than Vali.

@kidstandout as for Ouryuu "Dragonfication" he is probably like Gasper.

Quote:
Gasper wanted to supress Durandal — but instead he
was overpowered and pushed back by its immense holy aura! A portion of the darkness covering
him peeled off
, and a small part of Gasper’s flesh could be seen.
vol 19.

I'm pretty sure Ouryuu is only covered by Touki in the form of a Humanoid Dragon.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote