Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 22:15   Link #861
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Isn't being a producer more about business skills and keeping the girls motivated instead of punching things?
Producer needs to lay down the law and get shiznit done before he can do anything else. He potentially made one of the players go rogue.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 22:30   Link #862
Shadow5YA

And I'm saying this is the perfect chance for the Producer to step up. He needs to become more than competant for a good ending anyway.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:37   Link #863
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How is it the Producer's fault that Miki misunderstood the whole thing? As I've recalled, she popped that question while he was busy on the phone trying to salvage another situation.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:49   Link #864
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, it was a careless mistake that the Producer shouldn't have made... It may not had been his fault that led to the whole thing, but he contributed a small part.

Miki was having unrealistic and unreasonable expectations to begin with. Even before the fiasco, she was all but flat-out rejected of the prospects of joining RK in the first place indirectly. It was a question so dumb that no one else in 765 ever considered bringing it up.

It's true that she is talented, but it should not be some sort of entitlement feeling that she deserves to enter an already established, popular and stable idol group.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 01:03   Link #865
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, it was a careless mistake that the Producer shouldn't have made... It may not had been his fault that led to the whole thing, but he contributed a small part.
True, but it's not something that he should solely be held accountable for.

Quote:
Miki was having unrealistic and unreasonable expectations to begin with. Even before the fiasco, she was all but flat-out rejected of the prospects of joining RK in the first place indirectly. It was a question so dumb that no one else in 765 ever considered bringing it up.

It's true that she is talented, but it should not be some sort of entitlement feeling that she deserves to enter an already established, popular and stable idol group.
She was being polite about it, but I could tell she was really ready to ditch her fellow idols if she saw fit. That's why I was surprised she never lost her patience with Yukiho and Yayoi, but on hindsight- it could be seen as she's driving them to the ground so that she can maintain her performance.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:10   Link #866
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It's part of her character. IIRC she's had a very fortunate upbringing similar to Iori. Couple that with her talent for just about everything she does and Miki does have good reason to think she can get most of what she wants easily. That's why she was so easygoing.

When Ryuugu Komachi was formed and Miki wasn't chosen, it was slap in the face to her. She has the talent for it, so she didn't understand why she wasn't chosen. The only explanation she could come up with was that Ritsuko personally disliked her, and she expressed that concern to the Producer.

Now that Ritsuko probably told Miki that there's no way she'll get into RK, she probably feels once again that she is personally disliked, this time by the Producer because she thinks he intentionally lied to her. Miki still doesn't realize that it's a misunderstanding.

The Producer needs to:
1.) clear up the misunderstanding that he made on accident.
2.) assure her that no one hates her guts.
3.) that her hard work was not in vain, and it will get her somewhere -- just not into Ryuugu Komachi.

If he can do all three, then Miki's spirit will be restored and she will still be willing to work hard -- this time to surpass Ryuugu Komachi instead. Also, as an added bonus some love flags may be raised as well.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:12   Link #867
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I don't think either parties should be blamed. The producer was busy on the phone but shouldn't have pushed Miki away like that by just agreeing to everything. Miki on the other hand, shouldn't have pushed the producer into giving her an answer.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:21   Link #868
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's part of her character. IIRC she's had a very fortunate upbringing similar to Iori. Couple that with her talent for just about everything she does and Miki does have good reason to think she can get most of what she wants easily. That's why she was so easygoing.

When Ryuugu Komachi was formed and Miki wasn't chosen, it was slap in the face to her. She has the talent for it, so she didn't understand why she wasn't chosen. The only explanation she could come up with was that Ritsuko personally disliked her, and she expressed that concern to the Producer.

Now that Ritsuko probably told Miki that there's no way she'll get into RK, she probably feels once again that she is personally disliked, this time by the Producer because she thinks he intentionally lied to her. Miki still doesn't realize that it's a misunderstanding.

The Producer needs to:
1.) clear up the misunderstanding that he made on accident.
2.) assure her that no one hates her guts.
3.) that her hard work was not in vain, and it will get her somewhere -- just not into Ryuugu Komachi.

If he can do all three, then Miki's spirit will be restored and she will still be willing to work hard -- this time to surpass Ryuugu Komachi instead. Also, as an added bonus some love flags may be raised as well.

Even though that's probably what's going to happen, I would prefer if Miki get over it herself instead of needing people to give in to her. Yes this was a acceptable misunderstanding, but what's stopping her from rage-quitting the next time this happens?

Actually, in the first place, don't studios have contracts that bind those Idols to them or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I don't think either parties should be blamed. The producer was busy on the phone but shouldn't have pushed Miki away like that by just agreeing to everything. Miki on the other hand, shouldn't have pushed the producer into giving her an answer.
It's kinda instinctive, I mean, everybody here had multiple people talking to them at once and sometimes over different medias right? What would be you immediate response?

"Erm yeah yeah wait wait...!"
Old 2011-09-17, 01:25   Link #869
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of agree no point really blaming either side, the key is resolving this situation. You knew something had to come of this misunderstanding eventually. Could have helped if the Producer firmly made a point about being on the phone and would be able to discuss anything Miki wanted right after and Miki should have been patient. As a result Miki got a bad misunderstanding and really pushed herself for once and now gets the message that all that work gets her no closer to her goal.

This is going to be a key moment for the Producer. He's got to get Miki to stick with things since if she even just shuts down it kills their performance since she is overall one of their best. It's his time to shine and show what he can do since Miki isn't going to be easy to console. Have got to convince her not only to put her best into performing here, but to continue with the excellent effort she's been putting in. Obviously her big goal there isn't going to happen, but she's got the talent and skills to reach the same heights.

Some other interesting moments though. Like getting that better picture of Chihaya's family. Girl really lives a tough life on her own there. Just a place for her to stay when not at work it seems.

Things tying together as well like that Iori and Yayoi friendship. If not for that trip to her house Iori probably wouldn't have helped Yayoi study like that.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:28   Link #870
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Even though that's probably what's going to happen, I would prefer if Miki get over it herself instead of needing people to give in to her. Yes this was a acceptable misunderstanding, but what's stopping her from rage-quitting the next time this happens?
When she realizes that it's nothing personal, it never will be personal, and that hard work does pay off.

Miki initially thought RK was being denied to her because Ritsuko hated her, and now she probably think the Producer is being an ass to her. She's very simple minded.

If it's an issue of effort, she wouldn't complain. You didn't see her looking down on Yukiho or Yayoi when they were having trouble. If it's personal discrimination, then Miki has a problem.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:36   Link #871
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's kinda instinctive, I mean, everybody here had multiple people talking to them at once and sometimes over different medias right? What would be you immediate response?

"Erm yeah yeah wait wait...!"
Of course. Just in this case there wasn't even a "wait". He just kinda grumbled okay. Still, it's true that it's not anyone's fault.
Old 2011-09-17, 02:08   Link #872
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
edit: look at that huuuuggeee aaassss dog.

Spoiler:

And is that a pig? rofl
The dog (Inumi) is supposed to be a Saint Bernard - huge breed to begin with and Hibiki's one is said to be even bigger than average, though they got lazy with the colouring in the anime (Saint Bernard has brown and white fur).

And yes that's a pig (Butata), and that's one of the more normal pets Hibiki has - she has a snake (Hebika) and a crocodile (Wanika) as well.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:33   Link #873
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Eleven

Perhaps it's typical of Japanese storytelling, but both stories this week marked a major plot development in the girls' field of expertise. iM@S had its 765 concert, and Xenoglossia had the discovery of Hiems up in Iceland. The only one who has experience with anything Icelandic in iM@S is (probably[?]) Takane. Haruka and Chihaya's interactions played a major part in both episodes. In Xenoglossia, they met for the first time, while in iM@S, it was more like they got to know each other a little better. Notably, though, is that Xenoglossia Chihaya isn't living on her own. She has a surrogate family of sorts, though her mom and dad, while not divorced, appear to be more in line with the mad scientist profession. It could be said that Xenoglossia condenses the betrayal, the Haruka and Chihaya bonding subplot and the major step forward into the same event, while they're much more separate in iM@S. Xenoglossia, on the whole, has been more serialized, but both shows appear to be heading towards the same place.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 10:04   Link #874
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Eleven

Perhaps it's typical of Japanese storytelling, but both stories this week marked a major plot development in the girls' field of expertise.
It is common for an anime to reach its climax toward the season end.

The response of the audience could affect the show's planning
for the following season. Changing directors, cutting short, or even cancelled
right away if it is that bad.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 10:51   Link #875
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
The dog (Inumi) is supposed to be a Saint Bernard - huge breed to begin with and Hibiki's one is said to be even bigger than average, though they got lazy with the colouring in the anime (Saint Bernard has brown and white fur).

And yes that's a pig (Butata), and that's one of the more normal pets Hibiki has - she has a snake (Hebika) and a crocodile (Wanika) as well.
Ah, Saint Bernards..gotcha.

The more I know
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:33   Link #876
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Episode 11
Huh? What? That so-called producer actually managed to get them a live!?...oh, they're just an extra to Ryuguu Komachi's live concert? Figures. Still, yay~

Aah, finally, in this episode Miki's becomes aware of her own misunderstanding. I knew this thing would come back to possibly ruin things later on. Who knows what Miki will do now? Sure, Miki is talented but her mind is still immature. Out of the 765 Pro idols she's the youngest next to Ami+Mami, 13yrs old in this series(?)(I'm just assuming this series falls into the iM@S 2 timeline so...) and Yayoi, 14yrs old, putting Miki, along with Iori, at 15yrs old. Its scary what a girl age will do when you betray their trust, even if it was a result of a simple misunderstanding brought upon by part on both sides...judging from the preview she may be taking things into her own hands. *shudders*

I also liked how we got a little more insight in Chihaya's life in this episode. Its sad really...after all this time she still hasnt unpacked her things...does this signify that she really has no care for her life? Or does it signify that she's hoping that her parents will reconcile and so she's got her stuff ready to go back "home"?...I'd say that she could've been too busy to unpack but...c'mon, we all know she really wasnt "that" busy. One of the few things that were unpacked was Chihaya's photo with her...b-b-brother!!!?(?)

...and as usual, the producer is so...useless. It'd be offensive to Ritsuko to even compare the two of them, so I wont. I mean come on, from what I saw Ritsuko didnt even need an instructor present, she WAS the instructor. Though its not like I want the producer to suddenly "man-up" at this point either. That'd just be weird.

But overall I enjoyed this episode. Sometimes you forget all the effort and work that goes into things behind the scenes. Also loved the ED, Haruka's smiling face? "HNNNGH-" orz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
I got questions after the latest episode. Hope some of you can answer (those who played the game)
Spoiler for ..... spoil me:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
He'll have a training montage to the Orgazmo theme!

That should at least quadruple his man points!
If you mulitply 0 by any number its still 0...

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-09-17 at 15:45.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 15:54   Link #877
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I think everyone forgets the producer's character in the series. Ever since the first game came out, he was meant to be portrayed as a nervous newcomer, an inexperienced greenhorn.

That character truly shines in the anime and like it or not, he's trying his best to get things done. Sure, he's not doing that well at it, but that's the process of growing in an industry. Let's not forget that they mentioned Ritsuko was an idol before becoming a producer- she's lived this world a lot longer than the producer has. By the end I'd bet he does something nobody expects.
Old 2011-09-17, 15:59   Link #878
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

...grgh, I'd hate to admit it but...you're right. Not saying that I hate that you papermario, I hate that what you're stating is...grgh...r-r-right.

*thinks back to the first time playing iM@S* Aagh...I guess I cant speak ill of him anymore. orz
Old 2011-09-17, 16:01   Link #879
Miraluka
Banned

Plus P-san isn't a girl so its harder to understand the other feelings.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 13:50   Link #880
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

According to this:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4027.html
There will be a new OP at ep14 called "CHANGE!!!!"

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s