AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Log Horizon S2 - Episode 25 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 16 35.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-28, 23:52   Link #41
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Single women have kids also. Just because Kanami has a daughter , she doesn't have to be married. She can be divorced, widowed or just not married. She never mentioned her husband so he's prob not in the picture imo.
My biggest question TBH is why she brought up the fact her daughter was now three with Shiroe, especially out of virtually nowhere from where that conversation was heading (and for talking with each other for the first time in a while, that's quite a weird first topic ._.)

There's also a good reasoning that I read from somewhere else as well (this is not my thoughts):

Spoiler for Reasoning::
Old 2015-03-29, 00:15   Link #42
bones

The conversation was kind of out there actually, I thought that it was just Kanami's weirdness at work but hmm Shiroe a father? I don't think the author is brave enough to go there.

They do seem more of a couple than any of the other pairings except for Demikas and his Lander wife

Last edited by bones; 2015-03-29 at 00:40.
Old 2015-03-29, 00:55   Link #43
DQueenie13

I'm pretty sure Kanami left two years ago, when the DTP disbanded; we know it was 2 years ago because Naotsugu left the same time she did, and he mentions to Shiroe that he hadn't been online in two years. That means Kanami had the kid first, then moved around a year later.

The whole "traitor" thing is something completely different, if my guess is correct. I think Indicus is just butthurt over his status as tactician of the DTP.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:01   Link #44
Tohyama Reki
Gets lost easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I'm pretty sure Kanami left two years ago, when the DTP disbanded; we know it was 2 years ago because Naotsugu left the same time she did, and he mentions to Shiroe that he hadn't been online in two years. That means Kanami had the kid first, then moved around a year later.

The whole "traitor" thing is something completely different, if my guess is correct. I think Indicus is just butthurt over his status as tactician of the DTP.
Fair enough, that's another very good point. Good reasoning.

Edit: Just checked back, it was two years ago, so what you said makes perfect sense.

I still don't get why it was the first topic of conversation basically though :/

Last edited by Tohyama Reki; 2015-03-29 at 01:15.
Old 2015-03-29, 01:31   Link #45
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Excellent, just excellent.

I loved how Indictus finally got forced to stop everything, and got stood up to by Nureha and the others. Good on them.

Also loved Kanami popping up out of nowhere like that (very much her) and the fact that Krusty was with her - I literally lol'd when she mentioned that in passing as if it were nothing and also almost said "Ehhhhhh?!"

Akatsuki levels up in her team work and contributes to the raid fight in great combos with both Shiro and Naotsugu, and man ... Shiro totally gets serious and controls ... EVERYTHING.

Great final ep. In some ways maybe the best of the season for me. Way to go out on a bang!

Also, this was just great.

Old 2015-03-29, 01:53   Link #46
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama Reki View Post

I still don't get why it was the first topic of conversation basically though :/
it is just show how close their are... like older sister and her little brother....or was it?
only time can answer that....
Old 2015-03-29, 04:29   Link #47
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

If everyone wants a new ship how about DDDs strategist Rieze x Shiroe
Old 2015-03-29, 04:50   Link #48
Random14

Yeah, that might be the only time I can remember seeing Nyanta so... flustered (well that and even Nyanta has to sweatdrop at Serara's mayonnaise obsession). But guess all the Debauchery Tea Party veterans still remember how crazy Kanami was.

I really hope there's another season, but if this is the end, liked the bookend/parallels, that it was sort of Shiroe, Akatsuki and Naotsugu who finished off the boss, just like how it was in the beginning. Though there are still plenty of loose ends, when that sage disappeared at the end was afraid there would be one more last minute twist, but nope, instead he sneaked off to join the celebration. Nice final lighthearted touch.
Old 2015-03-29, 06:14   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
If everyone wants a new ship how about DDDs strategist Rieze x Shiroe
not bad... double-strategist pairing...
but it would take Minori's place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, that might be the only time I can remember seeing Nyanta so... flustered (well that and even Nyanta has to sweatdrop at Serara's mayonnaise obsession). But guess all the Debauchery Tea Party veterans still remember how crazy Kanami was.
Yeah... I never expect Nyanta would lose his coolness after hearing Kanami's voice.. but oh well..
even Naotsugu looks traumatized there
Old 2015-03-29, 06:53   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And so it ends...except not really, there's still so much left to explore! Can't rate this, need more material to work with...looking forward to the next season~
Old 2015-03-29, 07:11   Link #51
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
not bad... double-strategist pairing...
but it would take Minori's place
I wasn't much fond of that... until you said that

But seriously, Rieze should go for Crusty instead. In how many shows you meet 3 harems at once?
Old 2015-03-29, 08:15   Link #52
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
By the way, since the last episode adapted the latest LN chapter, how does it fare?

Meanwhile, having Shiroe taking the task of making a bridge between Elder Tale and the real world is a tough challenge for him.
Old 2015-03-29, 08:35   Link #53
teja208
Critical fanboy

Wow! What an end to this season of Log Horizon. We were bombarded with TRIPLE TWIST

First we got the reunion between Shiroe and Kanami. I recalled something about Mamare hinting that story will be on their way to the best possible ending once Shiroe crosses path with her, I can see now what he meant.

Secondly,Kanami is a MILF WTF?! Aww ship sinking and shippers aren't even have a second to prepare for it. I'm not the shipper type but I do feel sorry for them if anything. I wonder whether this addition is really necessary. You can just replace a daughter with any other important person. Even if it isn't intentional, it feels as though the author's intention is to sink the ship.

Thirdly, KRUSTY!!! I thought we would never heard from him again until the party reach the moon.

In the end, I enjoyed the whole season 2 very much, and hopefully we won't get to wait long for the third.

P.S. And yes I thought about this last week. Knowing that this is the MaoYuu author, I knew that in the end, the East and the West will have no choice but to hold off the impending war and join forces once the genius have proven to be a bigger threat.
Old 2015-03-29, 09:20   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Single women have kids also. Just because Kanami has a daughter , she doesn't have to be married. She can be divorced, widowed or just not married. She never mentioned her husband so he's prob not in the picture imo.
I, for one, wish that Kanami has a happy and complete married life (yes, with a good husband) instead of wishing her to be a widow, divorced, or a single mother just so that we can ship her with Shiroe . If anyone deserves a good life, it might be her .
Old 2015-03-29, 11:25   Link #55
Yan3242

I still dont get the indictus "traitor" problem with shiroe, does it ever explained? It look personal from the way she said it.

And lol at william "get a room you two"
Old 2015-03-29, 14:15   Link #56
DQueenie13

This is the end card that aohige has mentioned, which doesn't exactly confirm S3.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-29, 14:38   Link #57
VTHokiePride

So Kanami puts a bunch of wires together and somehow gets the TV station to work again. Wish I was that lucky when fixing electronics.

The reaction by the DTP members when they heard Kanami's voice was priceless. Really hope they come up with a season 3 for this, but it probably won't be for awhile since there isn't enough material.
Old 2015-03-29, 16:05   Link #58
Habernero

I didn't like this season as much as the first. What I found particularly enjoyable about the first season was their attitude that they were stuck in the elder tale world and were making the best of situation. This season was more focused on them trying to return to their old world which really lost some of the shine on the series for me. Basically the first season kind of showed the elder tale world in a more positive light but, the second season made the world seem like a mess and that everyone needs to get the hell out of there asap. I guess the later novels are also going to focus on their struggles of getting to their old world instead of enjoying the world they're currently in. I'm not saying its bad that they want to go back to their old world but, that kind of premise has been beaten to death. I'd much rather see them trying to live happily in the world of Elder Tale.
Old 2015-03-29, 16:30   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
I still dont get the indictus "traitor" problem with shiroe, does it ever explained? It look personal from the way she said it.

And lol at william "get a room you two"
It is gone into a little more detail in the novels, from what I understand. And I very much agree that it comes across as a personal grudge in the anime.
Old 2015-03-29, 16:52   Link #60
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though I will say Kanami is remarkably calm considering how long they've been in that world and she's been separated from her child and presumably her husband. Although with him not being mentioned who knows.
Quote:
There's also what orion suggested too, of course, that Kanami is a widowed/divorcee/single mom.

Personally I think a person like Kanami would not settle anyone lesser. Her husband, if any (and probably her kid as well!), would probably someone just as whacky big-hearted as she is =3

In other words....

Kanami: I'm off to another world for adventures!
Family: Ohhhh, that sounds fun! We wanna go too!
Kanami: Okay! Let's make it a family outing then! To the new world!
Everyone: Yay~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
This is the end card that aohige has mentioned, which doesn't exactly confirm S3.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
"In this world like a blank page"

Just like something he would say =3

Signature by liro
Closed Thread