AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 22:10   Link #1241
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
On a different note is it just me or is a whole lot of negativity being directed at IS ever since the sales numbers got announced?
All I do is point to the sales number and say -

"Clearly you're somewhat of a minority."

"Just because a show sells well doesn't mean it doesn't suck!"

"Uhhhh-huhhhhh... Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy..."

And this also works on characters that they thought would be unpopular then you show them the Magazine polls...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 02:00   Link #1242
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Don't tell me Houki actually did better than Char? Because it would make me question my (semi)loyalty to Kana (while reinforcing the bond to Hikasa-sama).
Old 2011-04-09, 02:21   Link #1243
Westlo
Lets be reality

May Newtype polls got posted in the Macross forums, Sheryl is still the queen, lol @ Ranka going from 2 to out, another "guest appearance".

Anyway Charlotte @ #5, Ichika was #9 the month before and is now #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
The show had only 12 episodes to handle things, so the girl that got more development in the latter part of the show should become Ichika's love interest. I'm not so sure if I wanted to see a Charlotte x Ichika ending. Not only because I want Charlotte for myself *hide*

I'm basing this argument on the premise that in the end Ichika will choose one of the harem girls to be with him. An open ending could've opened some doors (more development of certain characters) and closed some others (no "clear" conclusion).
The show followed the light novels, it covered 3 light novels, each light novel got 4 episodes. It did not focus on a certain pairing at the end because that's the winning pair, it focused on them because that's how that volume ended. And lets be real, like it or not Houki is the lead female character. I'm way more a Charlotte fan than Houki but even I can admit Houki was mostly looked over during the course of the series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 04:45   Link #1244
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I'm seriously surprised at the backlash at I.S. Really, one doesn't even have to drag my Houki bias into this, just color me overly surprised, and that translates to... it doesn't make me happy one bit. You can call me angry or pissed off, but really, I chuckle to myself and at the same time I cringe, wondering how did it all turn out this way. Have we been poisoned by harem Anime throughout the decades that for some reason we can't see the other side of the hill? Ok ok, I'm not going there, I've honestly had enough of that part, so I'm stopping there.

But I'm not going to let this slide. You know what that means: it's a warning . The most informative wall of text any of you have ever seen (stupid facts: over 21,000 characters and over 3800 words at its halfway point) will hit in a few days, and it will be a no holds barred assault in the first wave of my I.S. writings in regards to Houki. As usual, though, my wall of text will be well worth the read, so don't worry Oh bugger, if only I was healthy right now...

I.S. was my most watched series of Winter 2011, and that is saying something, especially coming from a zany theorizing pervert like me, because there's a damn good reason why and I can't wait for everyone to see it
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 05:16   Link #1245
yFSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Well, I don't know. After Char had her development in the couple of episodes that were focusing on her/Ichika, she just went back to being "another girl in the harem" and the show went on to develop Houki/Ichika.

I think the wasted potential could only have been utilizied if Ichika's and Charlotte's relationship would have developed to a deeper level, and the show would have concluded with Charlotte X Ichika.

The show had only 12 episodes to handle things, so the girl that got more development in the latter part of the show should become Ichika's love interest. I'm not so sure if I wanted to see a Charlotte x Ichika ending. Not only because I want Charlotte for myself *hide*

I'm basing this argument on the premise that in the end Ichika will choose one of the harem girls to be with him. An open ending could've opened some doors (more development of certain characters) and closed some others (no "clear" conclusion).
The thing is, the ending of the anime followed the ending of Volume 3 of the Light Novel to a tee. They didn't change it, and I'm glad they didn't.

Of course, this doesn't count Natasha, but she was in the epilogue of it anyways. They ended it at a good spot, I think, though I would of preferred all the Jelly Natasha and her little moment would of brought.
yFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 09:49   Link #1246
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

I just concluded this anime and yah.. I'll just keep my stfu duck tape on my mouth in regards to my reactions on how this Mecha Musume went through.. ( because it's actually full of.. well... rants >_> )

but going to my point, I'm still curious as to why Tabane made most IS units only accessible to women...

I was hoping that issue would be answered when she and Chifuyu were talking by the cliff..

I mean what's the reason why IS are "Female only machines" ( or at least most of it.. Byakushiki is certainly not one of them..)?

I'd love to read the novels but I'm not really a fan of reading short stories on computer screens as it's stresses my eyes out.

I would prefer a tangible paperback novel.. but anyways... jaja..

Last edited by pauldy; 2011-04-09 at 10:29.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 10:34   Link #1247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Don't tell me Houki actually did better than Char? Because it would make me question my (semi)loyalty to Kana (while reinforcing the bond to Hikasa-sama).
...I didn't necessarily mean from this series, though I do know of one case where Char lost to Houki in a poll and that's the NyanType's [Top 10 Anime Girls You’d Like to Enjoy Hanami With]

Houki got 5th place while Char was 6th.

Naturally people were... 'Confused' to say the least.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 21:02   Link #1248
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
I just concluded this anime and yah.. I'll just keep my stfu duck tape on my mouth in regards to my reactions on how this Mecha Musume went through.. ( because it's actually full of.. well... rants >_> )

but going to my point, I'm still curious as to why Tabane made most IS units only accessible to women...

I was hoping that issue would be answered when she and Chifuyu were talking by the cliff..

I mean what's the reason why IS are "Female only machines" ( or at least most of it.. Byakushiki is certainly not one of them..)?

I'd love to read the novels but I'm not really a fan of reading short stories on computer screens as it's stresses my eyes out.

I would prefer a tangible paperback novel.. but anyways... jaja..
Alright. This might be my silly question, but I'm just making a theory:

I'm wondering... If it's possible for men to become an IS pilot, but could it be men who become an IS pilot could be "Mama's boys"?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 14:32   Link #1249
frezinator

Infinite Stratos Volume 7 is out!!! and the Front cover is Houki ^.^

here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Infinite-Stratos...-/180647865835
Old 2011-04-10, 19:23   Link #1250
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm curious to see the first week sales for vol 7. Vol 6 which came out just before the anime did 40k for week 1. I wonder if ir can approach 100k now...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 19:45   Link #1251
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezinator View Post
Infinite Stratos Volume 7 is out!!! and the Front cover is Houki ^.^

here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Infinite-Stratos...-/180647865835
Whoohoo like her butt (Amazon link)

Wanted to ask though, who's the girl on cover of volume #6? (sorry I think this Q ought to be in the novel thread.)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 01:35   Link #1252
frezinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Whoohoo like her butt (Amazon link)

Wanted to ask though, who's the girl on cover of volume #6? (sorry I think this Q ought to be in the novel thread.)
The girl from volume 6 is the Russian girl named Tatenashi ^.^ anyways, can't wait for volume 7 translations Houki looks awesome on front cover btw ^^
Old 2011-04-11, 07:21   Link #1253
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I didn't necessarily mean from this series, though I do know of one case where Char lost to Houki in a poll and that's the NyanType's [Top 10 Anime Girls You’d Like to Enjoy Hanami With]

Houki got 5th place while Char was 6th.

Naturally people were... 'Confused' to say the least.
Maybe its just a matter of a handful of votes.

Imagine this going into a recount...
Old 2011-04-12, 18:59   Link #1254
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The show followed the light novels, it covered 3 light novels, each light novel got 4 episodes. It did not focus on a certain pairing at the end because that's the winning pair, it focused on them because that's how that volume ended.
Enlightening. Yeah, you have to pardon my little tangent there, as I know next to nothing about the light novels or other IS media. I'm just now reading how the BD's actually sold very good.

Quote:
And lets be real, like it or not Houki is the lead female character. I'm way more a Charlotte fan than Houki but even I can admit Houki was mostly looked over during the course of the series.
I completely agree with this. I'm almost ready to take my Charlotte glasses off and say that I wouldn't have minded more Houki development. Of course, that doesn't mean that it would have to be on Charlotte's expense. Just cut a few Cecilia service scenes and you're golden.

Even having not read the novels, I'm glad that they actually followed the source material, instead of making stuff up in the end.

Last edited by zarqu; 2011-04-12 at 19:12.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 09:46   Link #1255
Marcomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm seriously surprised at the backlash at I.S. Really, one doesn't even have to drag my Houki bias into this, just color me overly surprised, and that translates to... it doesn't make me happy one bit. You can call me angry or pissed off, but really, I chuckle to myself and at the same time I cringe, wondering how did it all turn out this way. Have we been poisoned by harem Anime throughout the decades that for some reason we can't see the other side of the hill? Ok ok, I'm not going there, I've honestly had enough of that part, so I'm stopping there.

But I'm not going to let this slide. You know what that means: it's a warning . The most informative wall of text any of you have ever seen (stupid facts: over 21,000 characters and over 3800 words at its halfway point) will hit in a few days, and it will be a no holds barred assault in the first wave of my I.S. writings in regards to Houki. As usual, though, my wall of text will be well worth the read, so don't worry Oh bugger, if only I was healthy right now...

I.S. was my most watched series of Winter 2011, and that is saying something, especially coming from a zany theorizing pervert like me, because there's a damn good reason why and I can't wait for everyone to see it
I'm looking forward to reading your post on I.S. mangatron. I finished I.S. and to be honest I've been having a hard time nailing how I feel about the show.

This was a pretty average show for me. By average I mean in a general context. I'm not really well acquainted with the harem genre and didn't realize I.S. was one until I read the ANN preview guides. However, when ever I think back to the show I always get caught up with the show's faults or peeves I had the the setup. At the same time, I feel bad about not liking the show because it's not a terrible show. It just feels as though I've overlooked something with Infinite Stratos but I don't know what it is. Hopefully your TL;DR post can clear that up.
Marcomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:09   Link #1256
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcomax View Post
Hopefully your TL;DR post can clear that up.
oh, don't worry. I'm pretty sure it'll clear anything up.
After the "mangatron's personal guide to DaiMaou", we're now in for another great, breathtaking, amazingly long, engrossing and enthralling ride: the I.S. guide...
and ... - *can't hide his excitement anymore* - ... I must confess, I too am eagerly lookin' forward to it.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-04-13 at 11:19.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:28   Link #1257
Marcomax

"mangatron's personal guide to DaiMaou" Sounds pretty interesting. I enjoyed watching DaiMaou because of the interesting set up, and crazy pace.
Old 2011-04-13, 11:18   Link #1258
Ypocaramel

yea, even as a Houki fan I do think episodes 11-12 could have been written better in particular, and some of the Houki development through the series can go over your head unless you watch it again and analyzed it (especially since we don't have the benefit of internal monologue in the anime). I'll elaborate when I'm a bit less busy.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:57   Link #1259
Marcomax

I think I might know what your talking about. Shes always in the background giving Ichika support. During the Laura arc (ep 7-8) we get introduced to this flashback were Houki reflects on being an aggressive person, dominating others through swordsmanship (I was going to say kendo but I was unsure if the mentions a specific style.) The fact that they brought this trait up and used it in to the finale raises my opinion of Houki and the show in general.

Yea out of the six main cast members (Ichika + Harem) I really only connected with two of them, Houki and Charlotte. Houki seemed to get the most underlined developed at the end of the shows run. Charlotte because she seems to be the most aware character in the show. It feels like she knows this is a harem and I laughed whenever she tried to inform Ichika of the fact.
Old 2011-04-13, 12:43   Link #1260
Ypocaramel

I actually connect pretty well with Ichika I'm not that attractive or quite that dense, but when I was younger I certaintly wasn't that much better than him. Free foood!!!!!
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist