AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-12, 18:31   Link #1161
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
It wouldn't be fun if Ghost Girl job to Naoki?
Well, judging from the preview, it doesn't look like a joke duel to me. Still, I don't think that Naoki can pull a victory here. Would be kinda sad for Emma.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 17:16   Link #1162
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nah, Ghost Girl needs to be taken down a peg. Brave Max is going to be needing some serious heart of the cards if he's going to win though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 19:26   Link #1163
rladls2121

Remember, Playmaker is always watching you.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 21:41   Link #1164
Stro

It seems that is pretty obvious that Emma will win. Naoki isn't a good player anyway and is just showoff. Anyway what Ghost Girl want is information of the identity of Playmaker and Brave MAX is her lead since he is Playmaker's "friend". So I guess Emma wins and Naoki reveals the fact that he is Playmaker best friend is a lie.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-14, 08:46   Link #1165
Crossheart

I don't know if Brave Max can pull it...
but for what see in the preview, if can see Blue Girl figuring Brave Max's identity so easily.
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 03:47   Link #1166
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Maybe Ghost Girl will win but it's a pyrrhic victory or maybe even a nonvictory?

Or maybe, just maybe, Brave Max will have actually gotten good during the timeskip?
Old 2018-07-18, 16:34   Link #1167
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As I said before, I was rooting for Brave Max... But yeah he didn't really stand a chance with those skills.

Still I liked his dueling style in its own way. If only he didn't make such stupid mistakes. And what's with that Link Monster? Surely a Link Monster that requires two level 5+ monsters has to be more than just a 2600 ATK beatstick?

Ah well. I hope he wins a duel at least once in his life. Even if it's just against some minor character.
Old 2018-07-18, 17:20   Link #1168
Blueknight78

it was a really boring episode, the only good thing happened in the end, the duel was pretty much a joke for ghost girl show her new "cards", the only good part was the guy trap for playmake but he was saved by soulburn which sacrified himself for his sake.

Looking at the preview, no matter how i look to soulburn "old"self and his newself man, i really want to contact his plastic surgeon this guys i really very good, no matter how i look to them, they do look like 2 different peoples, like his previous apperance looks like a "old and big version" of his "young and small version", really no matter how i look to him, he really looks like 2 different peoples or at last " 2 really different moments of his life like his previous look, look much more "old, mature and big" than his currently one which really looks much more young and small.

Whenever i see his flashbacks i do feel like watching more like a "flashfoward" future of him" than his past it's really weird that feeling.
Old 2018-07-18, 17:21   Link #1169
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

As expected Brave Max was no match for Ghost Girl.

Emma's expressions were pretty funny at times.

Soulburner really took one for the team there, next episode looks really interesting with his past and all.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 11:17   Link #1170
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As I said before, I was rooting for Brave Max... But yeah he didn't really stand a chance with those skills.

Still I liked his dueling style in its own way. If only he didn't make such stupid mistakes. And what's with that Link Monster? Surely a Link Monster that requires two level 5+ monsters has to be more than just a 2600 ATK beatstick?

Ah well. I hope he wins a duel at least once in his life. Even if it's just against some minor character.
Remember that Naoki actually win a duel against a fodder Knight of Hanoi in episode 27 (we knew in that episode that he is very bad building decks). In the case of the link monster is unknown what effect it have (considering that it requirements are 2 lvl 5 or higher monsters it should have at least a decent effect) and maybe Naoki doesn't know it effect, considering the fact that he didn't know that if you send a monster from the extra deck to the hand it is send to the extra deck instead (since a extra deck monster cannot be in the hand or deck).
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 23:01   Link #1171
rladls2121

I don't know about Ghost Girl, but this is the punishment Blue Girl gets after losing to Soul Burner.
But Ghost Girl gets the most humiliation.
Winning against Naoki is well uh... nothing.

I guess Playmaker didn't watch Naoki this time.
Old 2018-07-21, 06:47   Link #1172
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, thinking extra deck monsters can't be sent to the hand and are therefore immune to effects sending it to the hand is kind of like thinking a monster without a level is treated as level 0 (which isn't true, for example if something affects monsters of a lower level, it won't affect level-less monsters. Also if something affects monsters of a higher level... It still won't affect level-less monsters, of course, if the wording is "can't affect monsters of level 5 or higher", then it will affect level-less monsters).

Either way it's not the first time somebody made such a mistake about the rules. Not reading the effects on their own cards, though...
Old 2018-07-21, 09:19   Link #1173
Blueknight78

Quote:
Well, thinking extra deck monsters can't be sent to the hand and are therefore immune to effects sending it to the hand is kind of like thinking a monster without a level is treated as level 0 (which isn't true, for example if something affects monsters of a lower level, it won't affect level-less monsters. Also if something affects monsters of a higher level... It still won't affect level-less monsters, of course, if the wording is "can't affect monsters of level 5 or higher", then it will affect level-less monsters).

Either way it's not the first time somebody made such a mistake about the rules. Not reading the effects on their own cards, though...
being honest i do feel it being terrible "forced", the monsters from extra deck going back to extra deck instead of hands is one of the most "basic" rules someone was supposed to know, if him was a total newbie i could understood but brave max is not it, he already played and watched playmaker playing enough to know that mechanic, it was in my opnion terrible they could had made him make a much less embarrasing mistake, because it makes seens which he "never played" because it's not was like he just "forget" it was like he "never know it", what again is weird, specially for a guy like him which is a card game big fan, while being bad at playing is not a issue not even proper knowing the rules ir weird, he even don't proper know his cards, he played that link monster and looked like he don't even know what he do, again for a newbie or not so attached player like ultra casual playing random cards can be fine but for someone like him, is hard to accept the type of mistakes he is doing, make really hard to believe in that world series, this serie already have a hard to believe thing about players playing the cards and the other player not try to read what that card do full and get "surprised" by the visible monster powers, because he never bothered to check the open displayed card in the game.

Having a guy playing a game for so long and still don't know "basic rules" being a big fan of the game like him is really forcing the "disbelief", which is happening a lot in this currently yu-gi-oh, when comes to plot and characters being really honest and for me that serie being really the worst of all yu-gi-oh series, while some battles are fun, plot and characters being the terrible side of this serie, it's really feel like we have a 6 years old kid writing the script or really a super lazy and cheap dude writing things because the inconsistence level in this serie is one of the worst( maybe i can call consistence in being bad).
Old 2018-07-21, 11:37   Link #1174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

For so long? It's clear the guy is a total noob who doesn't know some of the more complicated rules. MST2K Mantra applies here.
Old 2018-07-21, 12:29   Link #1175
Blueknight78

Quote:
For so long? It's clear the guy is a total noob who doesn't know some of the more complicated rules. MST2K Mantra applies here.
but that not was one of the most "complicated", it was one of the most "basic" rules which he was supposed to know, since he is playing this game even if him is a terrible casual player, at last the most basic rules he was supposed to know otherwise it's make looks like he never played it or really have any knowledge about it rater tham just "it's a cool game".
Old 2018-07-21, 12:49   Link #1176
rladls2121

I'll be rooting for Naoki though.
He'll might take things more seriously in the future.
He should really improve while being in the Duel Club.

I feel bad for Ghost Girl that she cannot win any serious duels and yet easily wins on a comic relief duel.
Naoki won his serious duel against the Hanoi Knights, although he had to use the card Ai gave him, obviously he had to lose in a non-serious duel.

On the previous recap episode, notice how Hanoi Knights did not mention Blue Girl and Ghost Girl.
And in this episode what they did kind of humliate themselves any further.
Though Hanoi Knights were not aware of events deeper inside where Windy's world was, it was at that time the two women had their time to shine goes unnoticed to them.
The treatment these two characters had to get.
Spector may even have forgotten about Blue Girl/Blue Angel.

I found this really funny, Spector admits Go Onizuka is a strong duelist even though of the loss against Soul Burner.
I think Blue Girl did better, but Spector does not know that i guess.
Made me think Spector does not really like Blue Girl just like some fan of this series do i guess.
I respect Blue Girl more than Go Onizuka in terms of dueling and did not change her deck unlike Go Onizuka, and yet i have a feeling Spector respects Go Onizuka more than Blue Girl, and Spector might as well disrespect Blue Girl way too much.
Importantly for me, Blue Girl performed Fusion Summon.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2018-07-21 at 13:12.
Old 2018-07-21, 13:24   Link #1177
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I'll be rooting for Naoki though.
He'll might take things more seriously in the future.
He should really improve while being in the Duel Club.

I feel bad for Ghost Girl that she cannot win any serious duels and yet easily wins on a comic relief duel.
Naoki won his serious duel against the Hanoi Knights, although he had to use the card Ai gave him, obviously he had to lose in a non-serious duel.

On the previous recap episode, notice how Hanoi Knights did not mention Blue Girl and Ghost Girl.
And in this episode what they did kind of humliate themselves any further.
Though Hanoi Knights were not aware of events deeper inside where Windy's world was, it was at that time the two women had their time to shine goes unnoticed to them.
The treatment these two characters had to get.
Spector may even have forgotten about Blue Girl/Blue Angel.

I found this really funny, Spector admits Go Onizuka is a strong duelist even though of the loss against Soul Burner.
I think Blue Girl did better, but Spector does not know that i guess.
Made me think Spector does not really like Blue Girl just like some fan of this series do i guess.
I respect Blue Girl more than Go Onizuka in terms of dueling and did not change her deck unlike Go Onizuka, and yet i have a feeling Spector respects Go Onizuka more than Blue Girl, and Spector might as well disrespect Blue Girl way too much.
Importantly for me, Blue Girl performed Fusion Summon.
well to be fair i also liked both ghost girl and blue angel and liking even more her "blue girl look" which is much better than her "idol" look, but the serie does goes making them goes to the "end of stick" character to only wins against lowbies and be a sort of "damsel in distress" when the plot ask, i really hate that, i really hate that sort of mix between "damsel in distress and trying hard to be cool", because it make her fail hard in both roles, which for me she don't really diserves it", as i told previous series you had "really badass" and good damsell in distress or cheerleaders girls" which looked much better tham blue angel in they roles.
Old 2018-07-21, 15:21   Link #1178
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
but that not was one of the most "complicated", it was one of the most "basic" rules which he was supposed to know, since he is playing this game even if him is a terrible casual player, at last the most basic rules he was supposed to know otherwise it's make looks like he never played it or really have any knowledge about it rater tham just "it's a cool game".
It's not really a basic rule. It's a very specific rule that only applies in certain situations.

Naoki has never used extra deck monsters before. The case of "An extra deck monster being returned to the hand" simply has never come up before.
Old 2018-07-21, 17:04   Link #1179
Blueknight78

Quote:
It's not really a basic rule. It's a very specific rule that only applies in certain situations.

Naoki has never used extra deck monsters before. The case of "An extra deck monster being returned to the hand" simply has never come up before.
??, all the times they used "extra deck monster" to sumon others extra deck, like using backup secretary and others extra deck, playmaker did it a lot and he was watching many of his battles, this means which he saw how this work.

I feel you are "forcing a little to much" on that, "his innocence".
Old 2018-07-21, 17:56   Link #1180
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That was Playmaker, Naoki has never used extra deck monsters before.

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series