Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-11, 16:43   Link #1241
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I had to remind myself of that during Ichigo's absurd rescue scene. Why did they think the Klaxosaur was full of water? What it if was full of molten lava? How could she hold her breath for so long? How did she manage to swim directly to the Franxx? Why wasn't the entire cabin flooded when she opened the door? Etc.

So, as always with this show, I'll just return to telling myself not to think about any of this.
They have the thingamabob that analyzes the thing. They wouldn't have put her in there if they didn't know it was a liquid made up of mostly water.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 16:27   Link #1242
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm a little worried about that mirror, though. It has the same design as the shattered one with Zero Two's eye reflected in it that's shown briefly in the OP...
Actually I hadn't even thought of that bit in the OP but the moment I saw that mirror I literally said to myself that it wouldn't survive the series without shattering. It's just that obvious
Old 2018-03-12, 17:15   Link #1243
Applehell

Much better episode than the last week. Broadly speaking it did everything that did without the eye-rolling (and rather contradictory ) moments attached. On one hand I kinda of agree with some that 0-2 is still carrying even her manic pixel girl antics are starting to wane on me. But Goro and Ichigo certainly proven themselves as interesting characters and honestly feel more fleshed than Hiro (while alright) who out of all the focused on characters still comes across as bit too boilerplate for me.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 19:43   Link #1244
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. At this point, I'll probably have to adopt your way despite some problematic writings that's poking my eyes and brain each episode.

It's a bit weird since Franxx is a slowburn Super-Robot mecha. And slowburn mecha tend to have better and more detailed writing like Evangelion or RahXephon or Soukyuu no Fafner. Like when NERV tried to engage Ramiel in Evangelion, they explain it to you almost all the need-to-know details that allow the Positron Cannon to defeat it and the "whys" and "hows" they're going to achieve it and this Yashima Operation is the result after all the logical strategizing before it, which is good because after they succeeded, we didn't look back and say "Waitaminute, that's kinda stupid".
It might not work well with the way they intend to write the story. And we don't know if their target audience is really that interested in the "whys" and the "how's"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Much better episode than the last week. Broadly speaking it did everything that did without the eye-rolling (and rather contradictory ) moments attached. On one hand I kinda of agree with some that 0-2 is still carrying even her manic pixel girl antics are starting to wane on me. But Goro and Ichigo certainly proven themselves as interesting characters and honestly feel more fleshed than Hiro (while alright) who out of all the focused on characters still comes across as bit too boilerplate for me.
It's best that Hiro and Oni take the backseat. This gives the other characters more space to shine. For instance I liked the moment where Miku told Ichigo off, because it shows that they pick up on each other's behaviors, because it gives us an opportunity to see a different side of Ichigo and at the same time it puts Ichigo's actions in a different perspective. There's plenty of episodes to go, so no need to be worried about Hiro's development.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 20:34   Link #1245
Blueknight78

it's really seens which here we have peoples which love to "complain over big logic and realistm" but ignore the same in others series and act as if is fine being "ilogic" just because it's not this serie well...

about breath the guinners record is about 22 minutes under water ofcourse after big train and stay imovable the whole time, when i was young around they ages i could easy hold my breath while swmining by 30s or more, my record in hold breath is around 2 minutes and i'm not was a pro swinner just liked to swin on my uncle pool or at beach. them they being "soldiers" and supposed trained to every type of enviroument is perfect fine see her being able to hold all that as long she don't need to make any more "complicated move.

then before start to "wow that is non sense", maybe can be for you, but it's not impossible.

about the water, it already was showed the water it was somehow sowed durin the battle which the monster have some sort of "water inside it".

well whatever, i really don't mind specially after see others series like yu-gi-oh and specially the currently one pulling worst things, then as long they really don't go a "real nonsense i'm fine, in the end it's still a fiction with some action they are not obligated to have to explain each detail as if it was the most complex sci-fi ever, i'm really start to don't understand if peoples really know what they are watching, because it's seem they are asking for a totally different serie, aka gundan or whatever mecha show they love and want this show be a sort of "clone or whatever.

The most important things for me could be peoples stop to compare it with others "mecha shows" specially the ones more "realistic' or serious, because for now this show is not even close to be "like them" or something to be constantly comparing and expectating the same thing over and over.
Old 2018-03-13, 00:47   Link #1246
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
It might not work well with the way they intend to write the story.
What kind of story that can be ruined by adding just a bit more technical details into its plot? I mean, this is not a pure romance story we have here. This is an action series too. Some details need to be added about how things work. Heck, even a rom-com series like Saekano has rich details about the Japanese industry of VN, Novel, & doujins and the story is made better because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
And we don't know if their target audience is really that interested in the "whys" and the "how's"
Who is the target audience of Franxx exactly? And speaking of what the audiences want, how’s the DVD & BD sales of Franxx in Japan? Does anybody have a number on it? I’m legit curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
it's really seens which here we have peoples which love to "complain over big logic and realistm" but ignore the same in others series and act as if is fine being "ilogic" just because it's not this serie well...
Spoiler for saving space:
well whatever, i really don't mind specially after see others series like yu-gi-oh and specially the currently one pulling worst things, then as long they really don't go a "real nonsense i'm fine,
Are you seriously asking us to treat Franxx the same as YGO anime? Like, really?

There’s this thing called “different standard” when it comes to shows. For example, you don’t expect the characters in The West Wing or CSI to suddenly be singing and dancing like the characters in LazyTown even though all of them are live-action series. Same thing with anime: one show has different standard from another. In YGO anime sequels, you fully expect the villains (no matter how evil) to execute their evil plans using card games in one way or another without questions (no matter how stupid if that was applied in another series). I fully expect silly & dumb things in YGO sequels which is why they don't bother me in those shows. Again, different standards. A lot of us expect a show like Franxx to be more logical than YGO anime by default just from the premise alone. That’s normal. That’s common sense (unless you expect the Klaxosaurs to sit and play games with the Franxxes to determine the winner of a battle ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
in the end it's still a fiction with some action they are not obligated to have to explain each detail as if it was the most complex sci-fi ever, i'm really start to don't understand if peoples really know what they are watching, because it's seem they are asking for a totally different serie, aka gundan or whatever mecha show they love and want this show be a sort of "clone or whatever.

The most important things for me could be peoples stop to compare it with others "mecha shows" specially the ones more "realistic' or serious, because for now this show is not even close to be "like them" or something to be constantly comparing and expectating the same thing over and over.
Nobody here is expecting Gundam or Patlabor-level of logic & details since they're from Real-Robot subgenre. But we’re at least expecting a Super-Robot-level of logic from similar series like Evangelion, Fafner, etc. But no. Franxx didn’t even give us that (so far). It would’ve been okay if Franxx is supposed to be super-silly and super-OTT like Gurren Lagann, KLK or Mazinger, but it’s not. Franxx want us to treat the things in the show seriously complete with all the existentialism, heavy tone and atmosphere that's looming over the show so far.

Again, mecha series has standards, and so far, Franxx is only so-so or mediocre to me (but still entertaining). It doesn't need to be a clone of any other series but at least be good in what you're doing, don't half-ass it like this.
Old 2018-03-13, 00:49   Link #1247
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Probably the best ep so far. The blue juice inside those things keeps reminding me of blueberry though
Old 2018-03-13, 02:58   Link #1248
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
(unless you expect the Klaxosaurs to sit and play games with the Franxxes to determine the winner of a battle )
Ok, look, now, let's not hurry to discard ideas that actually have a lot of potential...

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 03:43   Link #1249
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Ok, look, now, let's not hurry to discard ideas that actually have a lot of potential...
It sounds awesomely ridiculous, doesn't it? It's definitely possible in a Gurren Lagann-setting, but not in this one though .
Old 2018-03-13, 03:55   Link #1250
KPSJ

Quote:
It sounds awesomely ridiculous, doesn't it? It's definitely possible in a Gurren Lagann-setting, but not in this one though .
I think you should read the manga for this show I hear it goes into more detail I'm chapter 9-10 it tells you why 02 is a partner killer and the effects etc etc
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 06:43   Link #1251
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
I think you should read the manga for this show I hear it goes into more detail I'm chapter 9-10 it tells you why 02 is a partner killer and the effects etc etc
Thanks for the suggestion. I usually only read supplementary materials when I really like the show. At this point, I'm still lukewarm about Franxx (anime). I know the manga is Yabuki's work and it definitely has some gorgeous girls in it with tons of eye-pleasing fanservice (as usual) but I'm still not interested. Maybe later.
Old 2018-03-13, 08:36   Link #1252
Blueknight78

Quote:
W
Again, mecha series has standards, and so far, Franxx is only so-so or mediocre to me (but still entertaining). It doesn't need to be a clone of any other series but at least be good in what you're doing, don't half-ass it like this.
really i don't know about it, you can show me where is write that rules???, then by oyour standarts sereies like gure lagan are not supposed to be "mecha" and are a blasfemy because they don't follow your "standarts", no series is really supposed to follow "anythin" by far i know, they could put mechas to play cards if they wanted and still be a mecha show, because the only requeriment is have a "mecha", to be a mecha gender.

So far the only "serious thing" is all about the idea of "grow up", going from kids to adults and bla bla bla, even "deaths don't happened" even the girl from the beginner we don't know if she really died", again i'm not saying which deaths can't happen but so far this serie is not really "serious" as you are asking or many peoples are making it's looks, remember which team is making it and more important who is the one making the manga, this already speak volumes about what you must expectate from that serie.

That is the big problem again, this serie have they own way but it's seen which peoples can't see it and want the serie goes in a "different way" because otherwise the serie is just bad and it's a sin and will taint the mecha gender if don't follow "some peoples standarts"
Old 2018-03-13, 09:11   Link #1253
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
It's a magical card game, but the cards are one-meter-per-two etched tables of depleted uranium, so it takes giant robots to play them . Meet the new Trigger anime...

...CARD GAMES IN GIANT ROBOTS

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 09:32   Link #1254
Arya

I don't know if the numerous references to other shows are the culprits of it, but what I got from them is "dont' get it wrong, I want to be serious", but the execution doesn't match with this message. So far at least. One of the results or causes is that I doesn't feel the danger so the tension that is generally a basic requirement for me in these kind of shows.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 09:51   Link #1255
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I don't know if the numerous references to other shows are the culprits of it, but what I got from them is "dont' get it wrong, I want to be serious", but the execution doesn't match with this message. So far at least. One of the results or causes is that I doesn't feel the danger so the tension that is generally a basic requirement for me in these kind of shows.
That is mostly do to the design of the Mecha, since the girls actually become them the show writers can't actually have it to where the Mecha lose arm's and legs like you would in most Mecha shows so most of the time the Mecha come out looking pristine instead of damaged unless it's a big fight like ep 6, we know what they are doing is dangerous the last two episodes proved that it's just they really haven't had the mecha show that it is as well
Old 2018-03-13, 09:56   Link #1256
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
You really gona take serious a serie where they pilot a mecha by "controlling a "girl butt"???, which mechas have the famous "cloth acid???, which mechas looks like "cute girls???, you really take "trigger" serious"???

At last for me the serie is just "let's have a crazy run" vibe, not a "i want be serious" is pretty much the "reference" which puting peoples on the wrong vib, while i'm expectating some serious moments and deaths i'm not really expectating it be a "attack on titan" or even close or to it level of serious, i'm taking this show as guren lagan , as one piece and others shounens series where you can get some serious moments but really i'm not gonna expectat it be "dark or even close to it".

what gonna be worst will be after the serie ending peoples come and "the serie had potential" but only focused on ecchi and bla bla bla, because if it was dark as it wanted and bla bla bla and serie give wrong vibe and bla bla bla, just because peoples had wrong expectations til the end.

after all the 8 or 9 episodes unless we get a huge plot twist or something like that, i'm pretty much already got the "serious levels" they are using on that serie and what expectate and for ' "serious serie" its really pretty low level.
Old 2018-03-13, 11:07   Link #1257
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it's entirely possible that they ramp up the seriousness of the show while keeping the crazier parts of it. they've owned every bit of ridiculousness they've put into the show so far. a great example of another show that did this was keijo. the premise was absolutely over the top and crazy, but they took it and fit it into the story in a manner that didn't play up the fanservice parts at all. they just fit it within the frame of the show. they had filler (just like franxx) where they ramped up the fanservice, but again, in the context of the story, they didn't do fanservice for the sake of doing it. even in franxx, when they did inject fanservice, they used it to develop characters or move the plot forward. just because you can't see passed the boobs and butt doesn't mean there isn't more to it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 11:24   Link #1258
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
it's entirely possible that they ramp up the seriousness of the show while keeping the crazier parts of it. they've owned every bit of ridiculousness they've put into the show so far. a great example of another show that did this was keijo. the premise was absolutely over the top and crazy, but they took it and fit it into the story in a manner that didn't play up the fanservice parts at all. they just fit it within the frame of the show. they had filler (just like franxx) where they ramped up the fanservice, but again, in the context of the story, they didn't do fanservice for the sake of doing it. even in franxx, when they did inject fanservice, they used it to develop characters or move the plot forward. just because you can't see passed the boobs and butt doesn't mean there isn't more to it.
but was still silly and serious as like shokugeki no soma and in the end still silly shounen action, not something for peoples expectating "gore" and peoples starting to drop like flies. basically what i'm seeying here is peoples acting like if it was a "serious serie" with deaths over the top drama and gore, what this serie is not, even if they ramp the "drama" and make it more serious i still doubt and gonna get surprise if indeed we get many deaths as some peoples are expectating or the serie turn in a dark serie.

Keijo was silly and even if acted "serious" it was still silly in it's own way, the same goes for yu-gi-oh, the serie is about peoples using cards to battle and trying to take it very serious with even "deaths" but still silly, here is the same peoples are pilloting mechas using girls butts, to weird monsters, to protect the "adults" which happen to have a "dark secret", nothing new or something to really take it serious as if others silly series don't did the same before, that is my point, this serie while have some drama and mystery still not something for peoples going and start to go full titan here pulling a lot of pretty dark predictation while the serie itself still pretty "light", even kill la kill have they dark moment but still a funny, crazy and dumb serie in the end, again we are talking about trigger and about the guy behind "to love ru darkness", that is why i prefer to put my "serious expectation bar" pretty low, otherwise i'm probably gonna ending pretty disappointed and try to take the serie at it's being showed and again, what ichigo did, not was something "impossible" and we never saw before, pretty much someone swining and holdind that much they "breath" already happened a lot in movies, hq, cartoons and even others animes/mangas/novels and for "pick sake" only here is a big unforgivible sin.
Old 2018-03-13, 12:37   Link #1259
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok, you don't determine whether or not a show is serious from its design, you determine whether it's serious by how its characters act and what the general atmosphere of the show is. And if the atmosphere does not match the aesthetic, people tend to dislike it. You can't just say "This is obviously not a serious show because of how the mechs are designed", that's not how this works.

The characters seriously respond to serious situations the way serious characters would. The overall atmosphere is that of a show that's trying to be serious while at the same time be riddled with random fanservice and moe mechs. It doesn't bug me all that much anymore, but I will not blame people for being turned off.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 13:18   Link #1260
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ok, you don't determine whether or not a show is serious from its design, you determine whether it's serious by how its characters act and what the general atmosphere of the show is. And if the atmosphere does not match the aesthetic, people tend to dislike it. You can't just say "This is obviously not a serious show because of how the mechs are designed", that's not how this works.

The characters seriously respond to serious situations the way serious characters would. The overall atmosphere is that of a show that's trying to be serious while at the same time be riddled with random fanservice and moe mechs. It doesn't bug me all that much anymore, but I will not blame people for being turned off.
it's not about "character design" it's about how plot is design, if a serie design a moe mecha which act silly and does look silly and you have in the plot peoples driving that moe mechas by controlling girls butt and have "slime acid cloth monsters attack girls in front of guys" and others "plot characteristics" this does show "where the anime is going to", then peoples come and start a blood bath and comparing it with "serious shows just because they are also mecha and this show does some "fanservice in the sense of mirror some scenes from that shows, just because of that is the problem, following that logic if i put characters using let's say vibrators as weapons and acting all serious and "cool", you gonna still claim this serie is to "take serious", by that standart then hentai kame is a super serious serie, because all the cahracters act "serious" and all, or even pokemon and basically every serie with characters acting "serious" we must automatically call it serious" for "peter sake".

As i told at last for me i still don't get that "serious some peoples are getting" so far i'm still see this serie as the same as i was seeying kill la kill and others series like that, with some serious moments but nothing to go full "body count" blood bath and dark tone as some peoples are really seeying, i'm really very over the wall on that, only when i really see peoples starting to die and shit going to happen which i really gonna say "yeah" this serie is serious" and dark as others wanted but so far while it is not the most light serie for sure and i'm expectating some drama and probably really few deaths( read deaths as "important characters not random or unknown or really not important background or civillian character damage) then i will not really take that on that serious levels.

The risk of deaths is here, and probably someone gonna die and maybe some plot twistes here and there but nothing to put it on "high dark levels" at last not for me until i see that happening.