AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 13:17   Link #1901
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
* More of Chie's Social Link. Considering that all the others have been neglected, maybe the anime is going for the "Chie ending."
I don't remember much on the social link's answer but some said that Chie got the friendzoned just like with Ai. I'm not sure on what direction the anime is going but in episode 16
Spoiler:

Maybe they are going to show a bit of SS for the team because unless you max their SS they won't evolve.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:20   Link #1902
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
episode 16 with death ray that can make you
Spoiler:
Sounds like they expanded on
Spoiler for ep. 16:
Old 2012-01-27, 13:37   Link #1903
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Wait, what ah, you girls... always have an eye for H
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
@Wilfriback, is that Yu unbuttoning his shirt? Holly shit.... and I thought I have seen it all by now!
... Just to explain the reference Wirifriback is talking about... That is the Yaranaika? (やらないか?) meme. <WARNING, link contains... Ah, quite offensive/sexual wording that homophobics might be disgusted at>

To put it simply, the point of the meme is changing "Stupid Sexy Flanderer" or memetic badass (ty, Tvtropes, ty!) that is overflowing with pimp aura to... Erm, unconventional art style from the original meme and shown unbottoning his shirt with the "yaranaika?" said.

And you know what Yuu is, so there!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 13:45   Link #1904
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I am enlightened... now
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 15:50   Link #1905
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Spoiler for Episode 16:
Old 2012-01-27, 16:02   Link #1906
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 16:
Old 2012-01-27, 16:15   Link #1907
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
... Just to explain the reference Wirifriback is talking about... That is the Yaranaika? (やらないか?) meme. <WARNING, link contains... Ah, quite offensive/sexual wording that homophobics might be disgusted at>

To put it simply, the point of the meme is changing "Stupid Sexy Flanderer" or memetic badass (ty, Tvtropes, ty!) that is overflowing with pimp aura to... Erm, unconventional art style from the original meme and shown unbottoning his shirt with the "yaranaika?" said.

And you know what Yuu is, so there!
Uhhh..... ok, feeling enlightened too.

Well I thought it was a nice idea to get some fanservice for girls as well. In the end, us girls have to put up with ecchi scenes aimed at guys all the time. :P

I keep seeing all those spoilers for episode 16 nd am wondering..... are you guys watching raws or are some secret subs available somewhere?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 16:16   Link #1908
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 16:
You must not visit the thread very often. That spoiler has been regularly popping up faster than the mods can take it down. On a personal note, I'd like to say a big Thank You (Not!) to the numerous posters who spoiled me on this, by the way.

On another note, I was happy to hear
Spoiler for ep 16 tiny tidbit:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 16:39   Link #1909
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Yaranaika
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMicIH6mcWI

Someone needs to do a P4 parody of this.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 17:08   Link #1910
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I've actually been watching a Let's Play for P4 while watching the anime and that "twist" is much more obvious in the English version it seems, even the people doing the LP seemed to be getting confused why it was even a spoiler.

And an AMV I found last night (think I can post it here, non-spoilerly but it's made from game images and has a few seconds of stuff from P3)
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 17:26   Link #1911
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I keep seeing all those spoilers for episode 16 nd am wondering..... are you guys watching raws or are some secret subs available somewhere?
I watched the legal stream on The Anime Network (TAN) web site.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 17:27   Link #1912
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that the cat's officially out of the bag, I can finally talk about Naoto (I've avoided mentioning her until now so as to not spoil anybody... which turned out to be useless, apparently)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I've actually been watching a Let's Play for P4 while watching the anime and that "twist" is much more obvious in the English version it seems, even the people doing the LP seemed to be getting confused why it was even a spoiler.
That's because Naoto's English's voice was too girly. You could tell right away she was voiced by a woman, which is rather rare in English. While she is also voiced by a woman in Japanese, she is voiced by one who has played tons of male characters in the past (most notably Edward Elric) and can sound very manly if needs be, making her gender more ambiguous - or rather, not ambiguous at all. I'm sure the thought that Naoto is a reverse trap wouldn't have even crossed my mind if I had watched the anime first or played the Japanese version of the game. That's just how good Romi Park is at playing male characters.
Old 2012-01-27, 17:39   Link #1913
warita
Dai-Youkai

And it doesnt help that Naoto speaks like a guy...... I was spoiled by somebody about her gender too and didnt appreciate it..... ah well, thats the danger of a forum.

EDIT: There is something I always wondered about when watching gender bender plot twists. The school must know Naotos true gender..... so how come she is allowed to wear the male uniform? And you see that in many other animes and it makes you wonder.... would the school allow it?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 19:23   Link #1914
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's just how good Romi Park is at playing male characters.
At the same time, she plays enough reversed gender characters that it is almost expected in some situations. Fortunately she's also cast as male protagonist often enough.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:24   Link #1915
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Surprised that no-one has mentioned the fact that they've finally dealt with the rehashed animation from the first OP (then again, why would I not be entirely surprised if anyone hadn't watched the second OP?).

For the first time, I haven't got a clue about what will happen beyond this point (I never made it to this boss - though the fact that Naoto was a girl was almost blatant in the English version of the game. Perhaps doing something like that in English is significantly hardly than doing it in Japanese, what with the Japs penchant for casting women as male anime characters? Not sure there are many who could do that in the West (aside from Brittney Karbowski as Soul Eater's Black Star)).

Just wondering, which Persona did Yu bring out this week? It looked like the Priestess arcana card in his hand.

Rather amused by Yosuke's aging (though I noted that they never showed his face - wasn't that grotesque, surely? ) - and I must admit, given the setting, the Shadow of Naoto was creepy as all hell. Loved the fact that they left this on a cliffhanger (which I really wish they had done for some of the earlier 'rescues' - Rise's and Teddie's in particular didn't go on for long enough in my opinion, despite the most obvious cliffhanger point in between those two battles. Then again, if they're trying to get it all into 26 episodes, it was perhaps seen as not needing to be as fleshed out as other 'rescues' like Naoto's).

Think one of the main overriding issues of the anime is that the actual plot has almost taken a back seat, with the Slice Of Life and comedy moments being fleshed out more than the plot that worked so well in game (hence why the Teddie moments in Ep 10 would have made a lot less sense to an anime-only watcher - as he had only been involved fleetingly in the story up to that point, and all his turmoils that featured so prominently in the game with him as your support had been skipped or barely touched upon).

I honestly wonder whether 26 episodes will be enough for this - I think it may have even benefited from a third (or even a fourth) cour, so that the balance between main plot and side missions could have been rectified.

It is a decent anime - but I wonder whether the adapters had gotten their priorities a bit skewed. Yes, they do the SOL and comedy brilliantly (and the main plot has it's fair share of great moments, as few as they may seem - Ep 16's Naoto v. Naoto conversation seemed extremely well done to me) - but that wasn't entirely what Persona 4 was about. The SOL aspect was a means to an end, in a way - to benefit the MCs abilities during the main plot.

Of course, this is just my opinion based on my prior knowledge of the game. A sole-anime watcher may think differently (though based on opinions like mine, may be dissuaded from buying the game if they like the anime for the SOL, rather than the main mystery - as the focus in the game is, naturally, on the mystery rather than the SOL).

...wow, I didn't intend for this to be such a long post.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:12   Link #1916
Xenio
Flower

a really good episode in my opinion, i'm surprised that there still someone haven't been spoiled about naoto's gender.
and is it just me or the animation quality just got better
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:13   Link #1917
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Now this was actually a pretty good plot-related episode. Really liked how creepy Shadow Naoto was here. She could almost compete with Shadow Teddie in that regard.

Kind of an interesting choice to end the episode in the middle of the fight like that. I guess Naoto will be getting 2 episodes for her arc after all.~

Oh, and I'm glad I can now use "she", "her" etc. when speaking about Naoto in this thread. It wasn't easy trying to keep her gender concealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Just wondering, which Persona did Yu bring out this week? It looked like the Priestess arcana card in his hand.
It was actually the Temperance arcana.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-01-27 at 21:56. Reason: Nvm, it wasn't a boo-boo.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:30   Link #1918
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Genbu of the Temperance Arcana. this one have multiple design in SMT series, here the P4 design
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:50   Link #1919
com_gwp

Honestly, I don't think the Naoto reveal would've been as much as the shock it was in the game. He(She) barely had any major appearances up until now, where you practically spent some 30-50 hours in the game thinking she was a guy up until you reach that point. Also, the anime never did play out Kanji's supposed gay-crush on Naoto asides from a few blushes up to this point.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 22:23   Link #1920
Diveman

Kanji is gonna feel SO relieved after all this lol
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy