Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-21, 19:00   Link #4461
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Gigguk has done a 10 minutes video on it:
Good. Another idiot to put on my blacklist.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 19:37   Link #4462
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Right, so he really hates doing this, and he does it because he has no choice? I don't buy that. There's too much heart in it.

If it really was just a job to him and apparently the only possible job for him and there are absolutely no better ways for him to make money, he'd be more lazy about it.
I'm not saying he hates it. But you talked about "unnecessary effort", and I was just pointing out it's not unnecessary. If I thought about doing a 10 minutes video with editing, voice-over, etc. all to make fun of Franxx, I'd probably just drop the idea because it'd be too much effort and I don't have enough free time for it. But if Gigguk thinks about it, it's his next project. The 8 hours a day I spend doing other, he can spend doing anime videos - in fact, he has to. So when he has the same thought, he puts it into practice. So you can't judge him with the same "how much time he has to waste?" logic you'd apply to someone who only does it for fun.

(and besides, people still do things that require crazy amounts of effort for fun)

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 21:36   Link #4463
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Right, so he really hates doing this, and he does it because he has no choice? I don't buy that. There's too much heart in it.
Apparently you're out of touch with the current Outrage Society

Do you know how many great videos made about :

1. Bashing Star Wars : The Last Jedi
2. Bashing DCEU (while comparing it with MCU)
3. Bashing Trump/Hillary

Hating is a perfectly good reason to make video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Good. Another idiot to put on my blacklist.
Hating someone for having different opinion
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 01:45   Link #4464
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Apparently you're out of touch with the current Outrage Society.
Maybe it's because of said Outrage Society, filled with people easily turned salty, who rant about every little thing and act as special snowflakes, that some people may prefer to stay out of touch, for the sake of their sanity.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 06:37   Link #4465
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I would also assume that not everyone chooses to be part of this outrage culture. And to me Gigguk's video may not necessarily be an example of outrage culture. (although some parts of it do make fun of outrage culture)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I'm not saying he hates it. But you talked about "unnecessary effort", and I was just pointing out it's not unnecessary. If I thought about doing a 10 minutes video with editing, voice-over, etc. all to make fun of Franxx, I'd probably just drop the idea because it'd be too much effort and I don't have enough free time for it. But if Gigguk thinks about it, it's his next project. The 8 hours a day I spend doing other, he can spend doing anime videos - in fact, he has to. So when he has the same thought, he puts it into practice. So you can't judge him with the same "how much time he has to waste?" logic you'd apply to someone who only does it for fun.

(and besides, people still do things that require crazy amounts of effort for fun)
The point is fair, and I don't want to discount it entirely. But... One could also argue that instead of wasting time making a video that's no fun to make, he could spend effort making a video that is fun to make. Although my argument is that he probably did have some fun making this video.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 06:58   Link #4466
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The point is fair, and I don't want to discount it entirely. But... One could also argue that instead of wasting time making a video that's no fun to make, he could spend effort making a video that is fun to make. Although my argument is that he probably did have some fun making this video.
And don't forget profit from that sweet sweet Franxx-clicks and views.
Old 2018-12-18, 11:47   Link #4467
bastek66

What is this slutty official art from? (it's hosted on amazon so it's definitely official)
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-12-18, 16:25   Link #4468
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know (they released several artbooks), but damn, son. This looks more lewd than the manga which has actual nudity in it.

After looking it up, it's from a magazine that publishes one issue per season called "S"

https://www.s-ss-s.com/books/s/

Looking at the cover of past issues, this one looks more like an exception than the norm. There are interviews with Masayoshi Tanaka and Kentaro Yabuki in this issue. Maybe another pic like this one assuming the cover and the pin-up count as separate drawings.
Old 2018-12-18, 16:54   Link #4469
Twi

Well, that... uh... she looks like she's stripping to be honest.

On another note, this came out:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-12-20, 12:52   Link #4470
LG-MAX 2.o

Top-Selling Animation in Japan on Blu-ray Disc/DVD by Series: 2018

45,099 copies DARLING in the FRANXX

Even though there was a lot of hatred for the series, it seems that it has won a very reasonable audience.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:51   Link #4471
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Top-Selling Animation in Japan on Blu-ray Disc/DVD by Series: 2018

45,099 copies DARLING in the FRANXX

Even though there was a lot of hatred for the series, it seems that it has won a very reasonable audience.
A lot of hatred? Who and where? I mean the figures state it had some popularity.
Old 2018-12-20, 16:58   Link #4472
LG-MAX 2.o

No kidding, all the hatred that the series began to cause in the otakus when Kokoro acted like a girl in "3D", and after the subject on the importance of having children, and other things that made several people threaten to death the staff of the anime

Well, at least now we have proof that the series was accepted at Japan.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:28   Link #4473
Blueknight78

the 3 problens which i see which made all the "hated" from a "vocal minority

was:

1 - kokoro betraying the fat guy
2 - the "ship war" with the broken third wheel black hair girl(forget her name)
3 - the biggest sin of all history trigger animes series which seens to be only unforgivible on darling which was "aliens" for some reason while 90% of the others series of trigger had a alien (if not have a alien then is not trigger joke) it's fine that cliche only in darling it was the worst anime sin ever, peoples freakened like crazy with this twist like it was impossible and a monstruosity and the writer and anime staff must burn in hell because of aliens...

another note the manga also seens to sell like crazy in japan for sure this series was really a sucess to the "anger" of it's haters.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:43   Link #4474
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well the haters are always louder. It doesn’t mean there’s more of them.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:45   Link #4475
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How high is it ranked? Average sales per volume would be a better indicator, too. Still looks pretty good at first glance.
Old 2018-12-20, 17:53   Link #4476
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How high is it ranked? Average sales per volume would be a better indicator, too. Still looks pretty good at first glance.
list complet: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-2018/.141065

The series sold around 5,700 copies per volume, the minimum needed for an anime that is broadcast late at night to be considered a hit is 3,000 copies, but the important point is that different from the other series, Darling was an original anime without manga or novel from which it was adapted, and even with so many people screaming that the series was trash propaganda for people having children or having shown a girl acting in a realistic way in a relationship, this anime still managed to create a solid fanbase in a country criticized for being afraid of such problems by Westerners.
Old 2018-12-20, 19:05   Link #4477
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's because the show still resonates with its target audience. I think most of us here may actually fall outside it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 19:15   Link #4478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks. Definitely good numbers. I don't think it's that surprising, considering it was one of the most discussed show of the year.
Old 2018-12-20, 20:52   Link #4479
wissenschaft

Darling of the Franxx was entertaining, it just the ending was too rush. Surprise Aliens has been done before and better because they gave a bit more time for build up and the impact.

But for an original production, those are some pretty good sells. I appreciate the show for at least trying to make something new even if it was a bit derivative. So much of what we get these days is just some advertisement for a manga or light novel and therefore doomed to have no conclusion. Also, such adaptation tend to be a bit rushed in their story telling.
Old 2018-12-21, 07:32   Link #4480
Rnzlr

True, just look at Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi. How the fuck this utter trash light novel got anime adaptation? It's beyond comprehension.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote