AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-03-22, 01:37   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Yup, I'm all-in on this one. Preview looks great.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2015-03-22, 06:39   Link #42
Spaceships
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Hmm... This has my attention.
Yeah, the PV has a great look.
Spaceships is offline  
Old 2015-03-22, 08:01   Link #43
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Mitsuhide? A pretty ominous name, any relation to the infamous Mr Akechi?
kuromitsu is offline  
Old 2015-03-22, 10:08   Link #44
Lota
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 24
Mitsuhide looks soooo weird here, I'm hoping it's just the case in the preview because he's really quite handsome in the manga >///<

Actually, everyone looks a little strange, but that's just because I'm used to the beautiful art style of the manga, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time
__________________
Lota is offline  
Old 2015-03-22, 11:01   Link #45
PreSage
Hoodwinked...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: some random place out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Mitsuhide looks soooo weird here, I'm hoping it's just the case in the preview because he's really quite handsome in the manga >///<

Actually, everyone looks a little strange, but that's just because I'm used to the beautiful art style of the manga, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time
I don't think he looks too bad but I do agree that the anime character designs are a bit off compared to the manga (Kiki may be the only one that resembles her manga counterpart the most; and I think her name is spelled as Gigi here? ). I think they oversimplified the design. Too bad Studio Pierrot isn't doing the adaptation for this series because they did a really good job with Akatsuki no Yona.

I've never paid much attention to animation studios but how is Bones with manga adaptations? Do they do it well?
__________________
:|::|Sig Gallery|::|:
---------------


[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline  
Old 2015-03-22, 14:15   Link #46
Flower
In harmony with the flow
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shall the flowers bloom atop the mountain?...
Hmmm...the pv looks good. Chara designs seem a little less...erm..."angular" than drawn in the manga (at least to me and at first glance) but overall looks promising!
__________________
Flower is offline  
Old 2015-03-23, 20:37   Link #47
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxulous View Post
I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't watching a preview for Yona s2.
I know right?

Especially when the MC looks JUST LIKE Yona.
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2015-03-23, 20:52   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Is the deal here that all red-haired characters supposedly look alike? Because apart from the hair and the gender, she looks nothing like Yona.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2015-03-23, 22:23   Link #49
Maxulous
mono no aware
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
It's more of a déjà vu.

Maxulous is offline  
Old 2015-03-24, 01:21   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Since the only feasible alternative is racism, I'm going to charitably chalk this Yona/Shirayuki nonsense up to anti-shoujo bias ("they all look alike"). That does seem to be the general viewpoint of many viewers/readers towards anything in the demographic.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2015-03-24, 02:43   Link #51
Maxulous
mono no aware
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
What a charitable straw man.
Maxulous is offline  
Old 2015-03-24, 17:56   Link #52
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Yay hayamin.

I wish the designs were more shoujo-esque though. I like pretty girls and boys.
IceHism is offline  
Old 2015-03-24, 18:51   Link #53
mistress_kisara
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
It's Akatsuki no Yona with a red-haired Yoon as protagonist
mistress_kisara is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 09:18   Link #54
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I'm sure this will be very nice, but I'm just so disappointed that it seems every new shoujo stuff we get is either a sweet fantasy romance or yet another high school romance with all the clichés. :/ (I suppose there's Kuroshitsuji, and Yona which technically has a plot aside of being a fantasy romance.)

There's so much more to shoujo manga than this... why can't we have an adaptation of a shoujo horror manga, or a mystery or a dark fantasy or basically anything that is not cute and and not set in a high school or *gasp* is not a romance... (<- rhetoric question)
lol Seriously, this. Although, I've enjoyed most of the shoujo that's come out lately. and I'm likely to enjoy this if the story is as interesting as Yona, but it would be nice if we could get something other then romance. It's really not like that's all shoujo has to offer contrary to what some people might want to believe.
__________________
https://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic219436_5.gif
Cloudedmind is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 09:27   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
I'm a bit confused here. The gist of this criticism seems to be based on the premise that Yona is primarily a romance, which I would strongly argue it's not. What unsavory trend is Yona being accused of being an example of here?
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 09:37   Link #56
FunnyGuy
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Spain
As long as it's vanilla.......
FunnyGuy is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 12:19   Link #57
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I'm going to be in it for the romance, so honestly not an issue for me .
__________________
Frontier is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 13:39   Link #58
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm a bit confused here. The gist of this criticism seems to be based on the premise that Yona is primarily a romance, which I would strongly argue it's not. What unsavory trend is Yona being accused of being an example of here?
It's not a criticism of Yona specifically, but the shoujo anime that has come out recently in general. Mostly light fluffy fantasy fair and or angsty or cliche or just straight up romances usually in high school. So as kuromitsu pointed it, it would be nice if we could also get some horror, or mystery, or dark fantasy shoujo titles.
__________________
https://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic219436_5.gif
Cloudedmind is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 19:31   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It's not a criticism of Yona specifically, but the shoujo anime that has come out recently in general. Mostly light fluffy fantasy fair and or angsty or cliche or just straight up romances usually in high school. So as kuromitsu pointed it, it would be nice if we could also get some horror, or mystery, or dark fantasy shoujo titles.
Sorry, but I just don't think it's all that usual. You've had Yona, Soredemo Sekai (which is hardly a straight-up romance and certainly not in high school), Nozaki-kun. Considering the overall number of shoujo adaptations is so low, I think the percentages are pretty decent - and not much different than they've ever been.

In any event if one happens to like romance series, they should be glad for shoujo romances because you're sure not getting much romance from other demographics. Unless you call the kind of stuff you see in LN adaptations "romance".
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2015-03-31, 19:41   Link #60
Pocari_Sweat
Monarch of Rughzenhaide
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Since the only great non shojo romance to come out somewhat recently was white album 2, I don't see why shojo romance is a problem.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.