Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-10, 12:10   Link #3661
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What mistake? Her race was peacefully living in the deepest parts of the Earth, not bothering anyone. Suddenly the humans, controlled by the Virms, started killing her kind. What was she supposed to do, ask them kindly to fuck off? Nah, she retaliated and it was the right thing to do.
Actually, yes, I think she should have tried to communicate with the humans after her first attack against the mining facility (the first attack being definitely necessary so that they would take her seriously). Perhaps it would have been pointless, but explaining to them what magma is and that they were slowly killing the planet by mining it might have given the humans some food for thought.

Alternatively, if she really hated humans, she could have taken the lead and exterminated them before they could develop countermeasures, instead of simply attacking them when they were mining magma. She displayed more than enough power to do so.

In any case, her inaction played right into VIRM's hand.
Old 2018-06-10, 12:18   Link #3662
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Actually, yes, I think she should have tried to communicate with the humans after her first attack against the mining facility (the first attack being definitely necessary so that they would take her seriously).
If we, humans, are under attack, we retaliate with everything we've got. Why would we expect a fictional character created by humans to act on higher moral standard? It makes no sense and I'm not gonna judge her on unrealistic standards myself.

Quote:
In any case, her inaction played right into VIRM's hand.
I was under the impression she couldn't do more until a compatible partner showed up. She said she didn't need a partner but that seemed like an obvious bluff to me.
Old 2018-06-10, 12:34   Link #3663
Blueknight78

Quote:
I was under the impression she couldn't do more until a compatible partner showed up. She said she didn't need a partner but that seemed like an obvious bluff to me.
It turned out which she was just "waiting" for them to make her own "big gun mecha to turn back against them, which almost worked if the VIRM did not "outsmarted" her and already was waiting for that to pull they own "trick".

That explain why they where so "careless" about everything, they already had a "batman"(be prepared) and hade a counter meassure to the princess counter attack, as they told everything already happening according to they plans.
Old 2018-06-10, 13:21   Link #3664
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
If we, humans, are under attack, we retaliate with everything we've got. Why would we expect a fictional character created by humans to act on higher moral standard? It makes no sense and I'm not gonna judge her on unrealistic standards myself.

What examples are you thinking of here? My understanding is that throughout modern history, nations generally communicate to each other first before committing to war and generally set ultimatums. For example, WW1 technically began after Serbia couldn't meet all of the Austria-Hungarian Empire's (unreasonable) demands after their Archduke Franz Ferdinand had been assassinated by a Serb. WW2 began when Hitler invaded Poland but only after Poland rejected his unreasonable demands. Even considering the War on Terror, America invaded Afghanistan only after the Taliban failed to meet demands to extradite Osama Bin Laden and disband Al Qaeda. Even if it's just to declare war, we generally do communicate to each other first.

I suppose you could pin their lack of communication skills down to being aliens but it's still awfully convenient. If they were trying to protect earth from alien invaders (VRIM), you'd think they'd try and communicate to the humans who were being deceived by them. Unless they're so arrogant that they didn't want to bother in which case they're just plain stupid. I don't know which is worse.

I did enjoy this episode though. The "twist" that our cast were fighting Franxx the whole time was an absolute eye roll, but I didn't expect APE to be the secret aliens invaders: I only expected the Klaxosaurs to be. Am I right in saying that it's now basically one alien race vs another?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 13:39   Link #3665
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Am I right in saying that it's now basically one alien race vs another?
not because klaxxs are not "alliens", they are "native from earth" just living inside it but they are still "earthlings not alliens, if they aways lived here on earth then they are earthlings, only VRIMs are alliens, human just caught in the middle of a "ancient war" between one allien race and one earth race.
Old 2018-06-10, 14:22   Link #3666
DemonneoPT

I'm confused regarding the Klaxx princess... was she created by humans or the APE dudes? If not, why is she the last of the humanxklaxx hybrids? Why do such hybrids exist to begin with? Or the Klaxx had a humanoid figure before the aliens invaded and only after/during the war, divided into energy and monster mecha creatures (probably to fight the invaders)? Reading some of the previously comments here already answered some of the doubts i had but these ones still remain.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 14:23   Link #3667
Kazu-kun

Quote:
What examples are you thinking of here? My understanding is that throughout modern history, nations generally communicate to each other first before committing to war and generally set ultimatums.
Not after an attack. Open hostilities are rarely followed by diplomacy in our world. Diplomacy happens before open hostilities start, or at the very end of the war.

The VIRM attacked first, and then manipulated humans to keep killing her kind by mining "magma energy." Retaliation was the natural thing to do. Heck, we humans kill each other for less.

Also, the Klaxosaurs aren't aliens. They're native to Earth and they were peaceful until the VIRM and humans started to kill their kind.
Old 2018-06-10, 14:38   Link #3668
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I'm confused regarding the Klaxx princess... was she created by humans or the APE dudes? If not, why is she the last of the humanxklaxx hybrids? Why do such hybrids exist to begin with? Or the Klaxx had a humanoid figure before the aliens invaded and only after/during the war, divided into energy and monster mecha creatures (probably to fight the invaders)? Reading some of the previously comments here already answered some of the doubts i had but these ones still remain.
she not was created, the klaxx where a "ancient race" like humans and others races, at one point they race split in 2 types, one pure energy being the magma and another being "humanoids" like the princess, but at one point the VIRM come to invide and the klaxx created the klaxxsaurs to fight but it endend being a "backfire" because they ended needing fusing "both male and female" in a single body and being unable to go back being what they where in the past ended leading to them become "full beast"(loosing they "humanity and become more like monsters), like a subrace from the klaxxs, the princess is the last remains of the "prime klaxxs" while the monsters are the "created race".
Old 2018-06-10, 15:51   Link #3669
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I just realized the resemblance last episode had with the finale of Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact! where after fighting Dr. Hell for 2 cours they find out the real enemy is the Mycenae Empire (who, wait for it, "descended from aliens"). It makes me wonder if that means we will have a "god(dess)" aka good aliens appear in later episodes.

My bet is that loli-hime will die besides dr. franxx.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:17   Link #3670
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
she not was created, the klaxx where a "ancient race" like humans and others races, at one point they race split in 2 types, one pure energy being the magma and another being "humanoids" like the princess, but at one point the VIRM come to invide and the klaxx created the klaxxsaurs to fight but it endend being a "backfire" because they ended needing fusing "both male and female" in a single body and being unable to go back being what they where in the past ended leading to them become "full beast"(loosing they "humanity and become more like monsters), like a subrace from the klaxxs, the princess is the last remains of the "prime klaxxs" while the monsters are the "created race".
Ah i see. I thought they divided between energy and the mecha monsters so i could not explain the princess . Thanks!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:41   Link #3671
Blueknight78

Quote:
Ah i see. I thought they divided between energy and the mecha monsters so i could not explain the princess . Thanks!
the mechas where developed to fight the VIRMs, but it cost them they "humanity" turning almost everyonr excluding the princess in monsters, this where come the franxx need both male and female and the "berserker mode" they are reflect of the original design issues.
Old 2018-06-10, 16:54   Link #3672
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, so what even was the Klaxos' plan when they decided to bury themselves and lose their intelligence? Why did they do that and allow the humans to rise instead of, I don't know, keep their civilization going and have more soldiers and weapons when the time came?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-06-11 at 01:39.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:56   Link #3673
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Am I right in saying that it's now basically one alien race vs another?
I think the conflict at hand has become more like "Dinosaur Empire vs. Borg" .

And speaking of Franxx imitating other shows, here's the basic description of Dinosaur Empire:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter Robo Wiki
The Dinosaur Empire is a hidden civilization of evolved and sentient dinosaurs. After an influx of Getter Rays showered Earth, the remains of the original empire went into the magma of the planet in order to survive and one day retake the surface. Its military is composed mainly of the Mechasaurus weapons that are piloted by soldiers with a ground army, an air force, and a navy.
Gee, I wonder what inspired the Klaxosaurs and Magma Energy in this anime .
Old 2018-06-10, 17:00   Link #3674
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, so what even was the Klaxos' plan when they decided to bury themselves and lose their intelligence? Why did they do that and allow the humans to rise instead of, I don't know, keep their civilization going and have more soldiers and weapon when the time came?
probably that, it's looks like they are a "sort of military based race", since they go to that extreme to become bio machines to keep fighting forever the alliens and how the princess never really did anything than sitting in her "chair" all that centuries.
Old 2018-06-10, 17:11   Link #3675
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just wonder how people find the alleged ‘klaxosaur reveal’ so underwhelming? By which I mean to say, was it really a reveal as such, for the audience? It’s not like the show ever did anything to hide this fact (from the audience, I mean). The “reveal” wasn’t for the audience, it was for the characters. Who had no way of knowing beforehand since they don’t really have 30 years of anime to go off.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 17:20   Link #3676
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
What i think is Klaxx also not native to Earth but also Alien who came to Earth long time ago to hide from VIRM and made it theirs second home and accelerated native species evolution . They anticipated the inevitable invasion of VIRM so they evolved and become weapons to fight the VIRM in the future .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 17:23   Link #3677
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
What i think is Klaxx also not native to Earth but also Alien who came to Earth long time ago to hide from VIRM and made it theirs second home and accelerated native species evolution . They anticipated the inevitable invasion of VIRM so they evolved and become weapons to fight the VIRM in the future .
based on what the princess told, they are from earth, she told which the VIRMs appeared on earth and started to attack, she never told which they come from another world and which they where "enemies before", she told which one day they appeared from the space and the klaxxs have to evolve to weapons to fight back, really don't looks like they come from space too, or they where enemies before, unless the princess is lying or hidden part of the truth.
Old 2018-06-10, 18:41   Link #3678
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
based on what the princess told, they are from earth, she told which the VIRMs appeared on earth and started to attack, she never told which they come from another world and which they where "enemies before", she told which one day they appeared from the space and the klaxxs have to evolve to weapons to fight back, really don't looks like they come from space too, or they where enemies before, unless the princess is lying or hidden part of the truth.
She said " Our planet " which can be refer to many things , either home planet or the planet that they are currently take refugee .

And Klaxxosaur could have evolved long time ago , way before theirs first war against VIRM on Earth , we don't know exactly when they split , or when the first war begin .

The reason why they split into 2 forms is may be because it would more efficiency to operate weapon that way , 1 for controlling the weapon and the other is the weapon itself .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 18:52   Link #3679
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
She said " Our planet " which can be refer to many things , either home planet or the planet that they are currently take refugee .

And Klaxxosaur could have evolved long time ago , way before theirs first war against VIRM on Earth , we don't know exactly when they split , or when the first war begin .

The reason why they split into 2 forms is may be because it would more efficiency to operate weapon that way , 1 for controlling the weapon and the other is the weapon itself .
at last for me it means she is from here, otherwuse she could just had told which she come from another planet to earth a long time ago and bla bla bla, the fact which she used "our world" and only talked about eath make it almost sure earth is they home planet.

and about the split really is not that, she explained how the weapons works, they where the "humanoids, fused in the "saurs body, the females become the soul and the male the brains, the "energy" ones are prety much "civilians", only the humanoids become the saurs, or at best also the energy but following the same rule, getting a "energy male or female and pairing with another energy from the opposite gender, but based on the fact which you have a "male body" in the core this means which at last the males where the humanoids, but the idea was which they needed a male and a female not a energy and a humanoid and since you can have "female humanoids too like the princess" this means which they used both male and female humanoids to make the weapons, basically the magam where just the civilians to be protected by the "humanoids"
Old 2018-06-10, 19:56   Link #3680
HtwoN

Plot twist: The Earth is actually one giant Klaxxosaur.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote