AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-10, 21:57   Link #1
mikeon

sound fades away

While playing a video, over time the volume would gradually fade away. I can reset the volume by rewinding and playing it again. I just reformated the computer and i'm using media player classic 6.4.8.2 and suing ffdshow 5/20/2004.

Had the problem before but I think the post for the answers got deleted when the forum moved.
Old 2004-08-31, 04:13   Link #2
losconquistador

fading sound on MPC w/ ffdshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
While playing a video, over time the volume would gradually fade away. I can reset the volume by rewinding and playing it again. I just reformated the computer and i'm using media player classic 6.4.8.2 and suing ffdshow 5/20/2004.

Had the problem before but I think the post for the answers got deleted when the forum moved.
YES! i have the exact same problem.. phew! tot i was the only one.. has anyone figured this one out yet? thx in advance =)
Old 2004-08-31, 05:05   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Strange. I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem. I normally use another player and thus have little trouble with this, but when I do use Media Player Classic the volume slowly fades a bit and then settles at a level that is slightly lower than what it started playing at. Since it doesn't fade very much it isn't a big problem, but it is annoying.

This has been a problem with MPC for many versions up to and including 6482. Curiously, I also use ffdshow (2004-08-24 currently, but I've gone through many different versions) although I cannot imagine how that could affect the problem.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

edit: A quick test in which I uninstall ffdshow and install XviD proves that ffdshow has no relation to the problem. I still had the slight volume fade that becomes noticable when I hit the back key and find the volume has suddenly returned to its original level.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-31, 08:57   Link #4
losconquistador

hahah glad to see this topic revived.. i wasn't certain at first if the volume really dropped at all n its hard to hear when it starts dropping off.. but the moment i hit the seek bar the volume jumps up very noticeably

a question to long-time MPC users.. is it advisable to switch off any of the built-in filters and switchers.. as in will there be any quality improvement if i turn these off? using latest ffdshow alpha now..

n while ffdshow works ok for me so far.. i had to install the latest xvid binaries (koepi's) to get rid of artifacts and crashing in some anime files (both avi and ogm).. which lead me to wonder.. is there really any advantage to using ffdshow (at default settings) or are improvements only visible when u tweak the settings?
Old 2004-09-24, 16:40   Link #5
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

OK. Reviving this again :P It's very annoying.

The only thing I can trace this to is the AC3filter. Anything that requires AC3filter has a sound fade.

FFDSHOW 2004_08_28
AC3Filter 0.70b

Maybe I will make this a pet project when I'm on vacation :P
________
GIRLFRIENDS PICS

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 12:07.
Old 2004-09-24, 21:15   Link #6
Green²
It's bacon!

Disable the Normalize setting in the options menu under the Audio Decoder Filters menu of MPC,.. that is if you haven't done so yet.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:59   Link #7
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I found the problem.

AC3Filter: Properties/Mixer
Uncheck auto-gain.

This will solve the problem for all players including bsplayer and zoom.
________
Herbal vaporizer reviews

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 12:08.
Old 2004-10-19, 04:36   Link #8
Draikan7

sound decreasing?

anyone have this problem when watching anime? after a couple mins, the sound subtly becomes quieter and quieter and i gotta keep putting up the volume or move the tracking button and it'll reset to its original sound. this gets very annoying having to do this every few mins. i use a sound blaster audigy, using mpc, with ffdshow. everything else works fine, updated drivers and all. anyone able to pinpoint the problem?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-19 at 17:19. Reason: Threads merged
Old 2004-10-21, 05:28   Link #9
Draikan7

oh hrm...so does disabling only the normalize thing fix the problem? or do i gotta go into ac3filter properties/mixer? cause i didn't install ac3filter because mpc came with its own?
Old 2004-10-21, 07:04   Link #10
Green²
It's bacon!

You can try to disable the normalize setting, but if that doesn't work, then it's likely something else. Usually it's easier to test with a different player as well.