AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-29, 13:19   Link #121
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Just as a note: A user on reddit by the name of Razorhead has been doing a comprehensive run through of each episode from season 3 (on the weekly discussion threads) and going over a good chunk of what was skipped from the novels and the like. Take a look at 'em as they're good reads.
Old 2018-12-29, 16:21   Link #122
Wandering Soul

Yeah, I've been reading his posts for awhile as they have been a good reminder for some of the details I forgot since I last read the novels.
Old 2019-01-04, 23:02   Link #123
Daft

I was rereading the novels for Index III and when I got to the end of V22 I came across this passage which I didn't remember written this way when Touma's running to Gabriel:
TL;DR…
Passage
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The part in bold is what I didn't remember. Is that the proper translation/context? I don't really remember that kind of phrasing being used with Touma in other novels. Because it got me thinking with how frequently the dragons/IT have been coming out in NT that this could be a possible start towards those changes in Touma that occur throughout NT with his "death" here. Another example being that once it became certain that the High Priest Magic God was going to destroy Academy city, Touma seemed to completely change gears and willingly step forward to confront him with IT, but of course that was stopped by Noukan/plot. Touma's state of mind is never shown in that situation as it was with the Gabriel situation stated above, however it opened me up to the possibility that perhaps Touma has already willingly used IT in an off-screen scene such as this one hence his slowly shifting demeanor from NT1 onward. The "normal highschool boy" shtick just seems much more sarcastic in NT, though of course a lot of that could be from the outside perspective after reading this series so long. Or of course Touma could just have punched Gabriel with IB once , though that seems anti-climatic given how even the more incomplete Gabriel in Angel Fall knew IB was dangerous and avoided it.
Anyway, to sum it all up, I just thought it would be pretty neat if the last scene with Gabriel in Index III was expanded on a little with Kamachi's supervision given that there was huge personal and existential buildup in Touma's head going towards that clash.
Old 2019-01-05, 12:12   Link #124
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Try vol.17, Skybus chapter.
Old 2019-01-06, 01:52   Link #125
LG-MAX 2.o

this was an act of a lifetime. Kamachi should not even remember it, just like OT Volume 2.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 00:37   Link #126
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
I was rereading the novels for Index III and when I got to the end of V22 I came across this passage which I didn't remember written this way when Touma's running to Gabriel:
TL;DR…
Passage
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The part in bold is what I didn't remember. Is that the proper translation/context? I don't really remember that kind of phrasing being used with Touma in other novels. Because it got me thinking with how frequently the dragons/IT have been coming out in NT that this could be a possible start towards those changes in Touma that occur throughout NT with his "death" here. Another example being that once it became certain that the High Priest Magic God was going to destroy Academy city, Touma seemed to completely change gears and willingly step forward to confront him with IT, but of course that was stopped by Noukan/plot. Touma's state of mind is never shown in that situation as it was with the Gabriel situation stated above, however it opened me up to the possibility that perhaps Touma has already willingly used IT in an off-screen scene such as this one hence his slowly shifting demeanor from NT1 onward. The "normal highschool boy" shtick just seems much more sarcastic in NT, though of course a lot of that could be from the outside perspective after reading this series so long. Or of course Touma could just have punched Gabriel with IB once , though that seems anti-climatic given how even the more incomplete Gabriel in Angel Fall knew IB was dangerous and avoided it.
Anyway, to sum it all up, I just thought it would be pretty neat if the last scene with Gabriel in Index III was expanded on a little with Kamachi's supervision given that there was huge personal and existential buildup in Touma's head going towards that clash.
The "thing" inside Touma's right hand has been relegated to fodder in NT ever since the Othinus arc. No clue whether will it take spotlight soon but for now, IB itself is far more important than whatever is inside him
Old 2019-01-07, 04:24   Link #127
Doe, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The "thing" inside Touma's right hand has been relegated to fodder in NT ever since the Othinus arc. No clue whether will it take spotlight soon but for now, IB itself is far more important than whatever is inside him
Actually, it was able to beat World Rejector at the end of NT 14. Also, there's hints that there's more than just one thing there: Touma speculates this in the prologue of NT 15 and there's the 8 dragons that appear in Railgun.
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 02:08   Link #128
Chosen_Hero

I have a feeling that this season will probably stop at NT1 which is the perfect stopping point since NT2 is just a refresher course for NT to really begin.

Watching episode 14 of season 3 reminded me of something the fanbase has overlooked all this time, the fact that Index is always said to have been created. If you think about it, not once has she ever been said to have been born naturally (that has just been something that the fans have just assumed), heck, we don't even know who her parents are just that she looks like Lola and that one is a demon... Very interesting, my theory of Index probably being either a golem or a magically created clone has definitely been revived until Kamachi refutes it.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-01-12 at 02:21.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 10:00   Link #129
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Read Arrow made by Azusa from OT5. Where Ouma points at her inhumanity.
Old 2019-01-12, 10:35   Link #130
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe, John View Post
Actually, it was able to beat World Rejector at the end of NT 14. Also, there's hints that there's more than just one thing there: Touma speculates this in the prologue of NT 15 and there's the 8 dragons that appear in Railgun.
Well whatever it is that has appeared so far, both Othinius and Aiwass had no trouble suppressing it. Neither did Aleister actually and it does not seem central to his plan compared to Imagine Breaker itself. It should take the spotlight in future but not until the Choronzon arc is settled looks like