well it still looks nice xD

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-02-03, 05:09   Link #382
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

question!!!
do you have to shout FINAL ENTRY so that entry can be voted for????

Old 2009-02-03, 05:56   Link #383
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
question!!!
do you have to shout FINAL ENTRY so that entry can be voted for????
No, that's just something to make it easier on Solace while he grabs all the entries. If your banners only show up in one post, Solace will take those as your entries.

If you made updates however, then you must specify wich banner/version is the one you want to use as your final pick.

The nomination and voting phases will both have their own threads wich will be created at a later date.
Old 2009-02-03, 07:21   Link #384
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Sorry for the really long post (I had lots of catching up to do, 17+pages >.<)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
Anime: Clannad

Characters: Fuko,Tomoyo, Nagisa, Kyou, Kotomi.

Banner 1:

The image does look rather low quality. The font is sorta jaggy too. I think a smoother font and a better quality image of it would make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
I also do a banner.I made it,and here is the result from different effects ,but the banner is the same^^¡¡

I made it,and here is the result from different effects ,but the banner is the same^^¡¡
Spoiler for other ban:

anime:Umineko no naku koro ni
Characters:Lecifer & Mammom

It's my first ban,so it isn't very good..but I like it a little^^¡¡
The 3rd one has really too much effects, it sorta destroy the image >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
It's been such a long, long time since I last posted on AS (over 3 months ), but here I am again ^^
I decided to participate in this banner contest, here's a sample entry from me:

The first one is pretty serene. The font and color is quite nice.
*The second one is cutesy, but I don't really feel that's much of the request theme in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
Mmm..~I'm working in a very cute ban,but it isn't finished yet.
well,as I try to do another,but isn't really nice...

To be frank, it's just rather plain. It could use a few more added effect or objects in the emptier left area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
Heyy. I thought I'd contribute something.

Version 1

Version 2

Comments are welcome =]
x.
The first one is much better. The 2nd one has way too many leaves ^^

I like the first one ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg711 View Post
Well i screwed up with the first version(was supposed to spell 'Suki')... but really dunno what I wrote in kanji there xD
I only know hiragana a bit :P

Ok family... fine. Missed the main idea.

So, here's an obvious family:

(Clannad)

(p.s. ye it should be saying suki now xD)
Using the theme and making it obvious ^^ I really liked this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post

It probably looks like I did not change anything, but I lessened the opacity of the two images on the side and added a little effect to the text and overall image. This will probably be the final version of this entry unless someone has suggestions (I hate stating this, but I do not use "brushes").
I think you should increase the opacity of the images to the left and the right of the center image. For me, I just thought the opacity was too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Lets see... Kairin and family/freidnship is hard. Therefore my banner will be Kairin only. Now I just hope that my Kairin is accepted as Kairin.

I checked if it would blend with both forum colors and imo it fits well with both designs. Of'course it looks best with the default style ^^
I'm not just choosing it cause of Kairin now... I really thought this one was really good. The stock image was well placed and the title and the effects around it is really suitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
my entry

I think it's rather childish >.< The fucky neon colors is sorta out of place in the banner. The font should blend in the image, not pop out instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami Haru View Post
First try:

I hate the font so much, so tips on that please.
I just simply like it. Not really too fancy, but enough to create a nice little atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Had some free time to kill this afternoon, so I tried to patch something together for the hell of it...made me realize how empty my render/scan vault got over time, with the number of pruning sprees I went through lately...T_T Looks like I'll have to go ransack Minitokyo...AGAIN. *sigh*

P.S. It's a bit embarrassing (though I prefer to be completely honest about it), but I don't know which series the two characters are from (the main render was made from two different ones), so I'm unsure as to whether this is eligible for the contest. I'll leave it in the admins/mods' hands - I await thy judgment, holy staff. I tried a Lelouch-Kallen-C.C. banner, too, but during the crucial resize process, the render's outlines became so sharp I almost passed out from grief...>_>

EDIT:

^This one has optimized blending/fading on the edges, as my consecutive ghost blurs brightened the gradient. To the mods: take whichever you prefer, especially if it means making your life easier.
It's really quite good, but I don't think it fits the theme well.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2009-02-03, 08:20   Link #385
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ @ Asmodeus signature... How does that banner actually be in theme?

Final Entry #1

Final Entry #2

Final Entry #3

Time constraint
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-02-03, 12:32   Link #386
reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
[B][

I think it's rather childish >.< The fucky neon colors is sorta out of place in the banner. The font should blend in the image, not pop out instantly.

a quick fix

Old 2009-02-03, 13:30   Link #387
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Here's my 1st entry, friendship theme from the Aria anime series

Comments welcome heh.
Old 2009-02-03, 14:56   Link #388
steelbound
Yuki-ism

These aren't final yet and I was hoping for comments and suggestions before I finalized them.

The second and third ones are Kairin banners. Having been around for the other competitions, I'm surprised by the lack of Kairin banners this time.

Old 2009-02-03, 17:06   Link #389
escimo
Paparazzi

Final Entry(or rather Entries)

Old 2009-02-03, 19:36   Link #390
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

I don't know if it's any good, but here's this...

Comments and such would be appreciated!
Old 2009-02-03, 20:00   Link #391
Acrophobiac
Aspiring Novelist

I know mine isn't the best but I decided to give it a try anyway.

The three characters are from Fruits Basket.
Old 2009-02-03, 22:50   Link #392
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
The text is great. Maybe you should use a bit more glow so the AnimeSuki part can stand out from the background some more.

don't know if that fix the text.
only did was adjusted the stroke opacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I notice that the render is a bit pixelly. This also happened to me, but here's a tip. Don't drag and use transform. Crop the original image based on a fixed width/height so you don't need to transform when you drag it over to your banner. For some reason this method of downsizing is "smoother."
yeah I kinda use that method too.. I think its pixelly because of too much sharpen, kinda fix it w/ blurr. still kinda pixelly even w/ blurr.

---

3rd try for the banner. yeah... text is still bad since I can't think of a good design yet. experimented w/ c4d so that's the outcome. still need tweaks...
Old 2009-02-03, 23:32   Link #393
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3 View Post
Alright thanks. I'll fixed that.

Newer version and fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Well, first off, I think the render is too small. I can barely see the characters' faces. I like their circle formation, I wish there were less people in the circle so you could zoom in on them. I also think the transition from the gradient to your mid blue color is a little rough. The background blue you used also doesn't have any purpose for me, is it just supposed to be abstract blue backdrop so we can see the render?
Text: Try playing around with it a bit more. It's fine right now, but I'd like to see you put it in a little individuality with your text
Hope to see another version!
The navy/ indigo is a little dark on what is supposed to be something that's warm (a purple gradient already has a calm dark tone to it so darker colours aren't needed as such)
The font is something you can play with, research a little to decide what gives a friendly feel. Make 4-6 exmaples, try different fonts, trust your instincts.
I personally don't feel the need to see everyone's faces.
There is something this banner did for me that I've not felt often and that was symbolise 'friendship' in one glance.
I didn't need to know the anime it was from to figure out the characters relationships, i didn't need to know background info behind it the picture used, it's simple, minimalistic but speaks volumes.

Play around with colour and font design a little more to enforce more of the 'warm, friendly feeling' for your banner, but your idea is solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
Entry #3:

Very underrated. Inspired by some early 60's slice-of-life shows about families.
Who said this was a competition based on the popularity of an anime series?
I like it, doesn't matter what series it's from, the theme is clear and the characters are cute anyways.
We could use 'mariko-chan' if we were to get really cheesy on old japanese family anime.
The only quip I have with it is to change the font. Sparkly, long slanted fonts are fine for cutesy, dow-eyed lil anime girls or something, but you got the family just sitting and chilling there. Something homely and warm font wise (slightly thicker, clearer to read, shades of brown/beige perhaps?) would probably complement the scene better.
(Unless you had your own ideas/reasons for choosing what you have font wise, then feel free to tell me)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-02-03 at 23:58.
Old 2009-02-04, 02:46   Link #394
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Who said this was a competition based on the popularity of an anime series?
I like it, doesn't matter what series it's from, the theme is clear and the characters are cute anyways.
We could use 'mariko-chan' if we were to get really cheesy on old japanese family anime.
The only quip I have with it is to change the font. Sparkly, long slanted fonts are fine for cutesy, dow-eyed lil anime girls or something, but you got the family just sitting and chilling there. Something homely and warm font wise (slightly thicker, clearer to read, shades of brown/beige perhaps?) would probably complement the scene better.
(Unless you had your own ideas/reasons for choosing what you have font wise, then feel free to tell me)
Thanks for the initial evaluation. With many members taking on popular characters (practically most of them are household names) to be immortalized on top of this forum, I was left with trying to sort out my head which show that best epitomize the theme. So I picked Atashinchi, as it's one personal favorite that's on par with The Simpsons, but I also remembered old-school sitcoms like I Dream of Jeannie and something like that, hence the Honeyscript font I also used.

Anyway, I'll try to see what else fonts would fit the scene.
Old 2009-02-04, 05:07   Link #395
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
Here's my 1st entry, friendship theme from the Aria anime series

Comments welcome heh.
Ahh! I was thinking of using the very same render ^^ It's nice, though I think the colors look a bit faded. Any way for you to brighten the colors a bit? I think it would also be nice to see the color of the text changed to match the white of the brushwork and their clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound View Post
These aren't final yet and I was hoping for comments and suggestions before I finalized them.

The second and third ones are Kairin banners. Having been around for the other competitions, I'm surprised by the lack of Kairin banners this time.

1st - text jumps out too much for me, especially for such a serene render. The color and size of the text kinda jars with your peaceful background image
2nd - cute! I love this render >.< Maybe fade the text a bit, make it more chalk-like? (that's just being really picky, I don't have any real beef with this one)
3rd - It's a little bland, in large part I think due to the colors. That's just my preference, I know a lot of people like the monotone look. Once again, the text seems kindof slapped on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrophobiac View Post
I know mine isn't the best but I decided to give it a try anyway.

The three characters are from Fruits Basket.
Cute render font seems a little off though...kinda grungey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.G. View Post

don't know if that fix the text.
only did was adjusted the stroke opacity.

3rd try for the banner. yeah... text is still bad since I can't think of a good design yet. experimented w/ c4d so that's the outcome. still need tweaks...
I take back what I said about the text on the first higurashi banner! Hmmm, I'm not sure what you could do there, but I definitely prefer the text of the previous version.

The fate/stay night banner is pretty cool lots of fun effects I see, C4D and brush work, etc. all done well. I get a definite feeling of partnership in it.

For my own works, I'm just posting these for criticism:
Banner1

Banner2

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-02-04, 10:00   Link #396
sa547
*Author

Take 2 on Entry #3. Font changed to Brady and added a loaded ramen bowl. Reason? Inasmuch as the same way ramen is eaten as a daily family meal, perusing this forum is now also a habit for me, not to mention the fact that on a daily basis, titles come out like bowls of ramen ready to be sampled by a waiting audience.

Update: See "final version" post.

C&Cs are fine.

Last edited by sa547; 2009-02-11 at 07:53.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:17   Link #397
Crisano

Thanks Aoie Emesai for taking the time to go through the topic and comment on each entry.

I increased the opacity of the images (as you suggested), added one image, and added sparkles to the image (will probably remove).
I will wait a few more days for any other comments. If there are no more comments, then I will leave it the way it is.
Old 2009-02-04, 20:50   Link #398
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.G. View Post
Eh...it's way too bright now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I think I'm in love with you. +1
Old 2009-02-04, 22:11   Link #399
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

I wasn't planning on submitting this, but since I kind of like it I decided I might as well. C&C would be appreciated, especially on the text.

Old 2009-02-04, 22:31   Link #400
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrestea View Post
I wasn't planning on submitting this, but since I kind of like it I decided I might as well. C&C would be appreciated, especially on the text.

It's a good start but how does that image represent the theme... what was the theme?

Was it family or friendship?
(nevermind, I just read the first page, Kairin is an exception to the theme)

Anywho, the brightness/colors of the texts makes it barely visible and hard to read. Although it's probably not the main focus of you sig, it's still an important factor to consider (i had to adjust my screen to read it).

It's probably just me but you shouldn't separate the "Animesuki" and "Forums" with the image. The distance's too great that they are no longer connected as one. It's much easier for it to be read together.

Nice background design though...

Last edited by kayos; 2009-02-04 at 22:45.
Closed Thread

Tags
banners, contest