AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 17.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-30, 00:37   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Are you sure? A magician passed trough them, tricked everyone and none of them noticed while the were playing their games.
implying every magician is Oriana's level? the grunts aren't even stiyl's level.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 01:21   Link #102
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Awww....Kanzaki once more that cute face of yours....

vento sounds surprisingly child like....Then again, her entire behaviour IS pretty child like...
Old 2011-01-30, 02:33   Link #103
Kenta Maebara
It's Kenta Misaka! DAMMI-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I wanna jump into the anime and support Touma in being an enemy of God... cause I hate the church, LOL... (both RL and in-anime)

Also... Kanzaki as a Battle Angel Maid... is just AWESOME...
Poor Touma, gonna get tortured again by Misaka (well maybe not that "poor"... bet 90% of us here would like to be tortured by Misaka, LOL)
I'm with you buddy. Then again, it's pointless to be an enemy to something as uncertain as "God".

I luv Misaka Mikoto. x3 i want her to torture me!
Old 2011-01-30, 05:25   Link #104
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Poor Touma, gonna get tortured again by Misaka (well maybe not that "poor"... bet 90% of us here would like to be tortured by Misaka, LOL)
YES, I want to be tortured by Misaka!
and by Misaka imoutos too...
Old 2011-01-30, 05:42   Link #105
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, lets not undermine the level 5 too much as they are the ones that have the value to take on armies.
sure, but AC doesn't use them for that(well, except for the top 2...). The espers aren't soldiers, so they're not really part of the science side's fighting power

and yeah, i can see a level 3 take on a scrub magician...then again, a perfectly normal, trained soldier with an assault rifle would probably outright murder the shit out of any level 3/scrub magician any day of the week, so yeah....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:05   Link #106
zaeraal

Had to give it 7/10, the entire time i felt like watching cutscenes from a game. Everytime i hoped they will start fighting, they skipped that part and started talking or the fight scene was skipped and only like 1hit finishing combo shown.

I mean at beginning, they just started fighting, one person was hurt and because of that everyone stoped fighting and i was like "huh, do the enemy plan to stop fighting everytime somebody gets hurt?", but well ok, they probably wanted to make it dramatic (even though she was absolutely ok later). Then i was like "oh finally some amakusa action, have been waiting for this the entire arc", then yes they finally pulled out their weapons, yes yes they took stance and .. no, no Touma get out of the screen, no, no, no.. damn it. At least there was some nicely broken ice statues for compensation. The fight Biagio vs Touma really looked like cutscees from a game, then a lot of talking, then finally interesting fight Orsola+Agnese vs Biagio and when Agnese opened her staff i was like "hell yeah , she is going to kick his ass" and then my hopes was crushed when Touma apeared again . Then i didn't understand why Toumda didn't destroyed that big ball in the room, or why he didn't used his hand on Agnese when she was in pain. Even a 3 year old child would be able to tell that in a huge room in the middle of enemy territory with the big bad guy and a cocoon looking ball, the cocoon looking ball would not do something good and should be destroyed.
And even Kanzaki at the end was drawn in a weird way.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:44.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:15   Link #107
tsunade666

but the big cocoon ball isn't the core of it. So even if it's destroyed it's just control system for the fleet but the one Biagio activated is different system than the control one. It's the self destruct one.
Old 2011-01-30, 07:58   Link #108
kitten320

Somehow this arc wasn't that exciting... First episode where ships had just appeared did look cool at first but later it was just meh...
And the major reason for this MEH is Touma himself... Come on! Aren't there any other characters who can play a bit bigger role and beat the badies? Why it always has to be Touma? Is he a superman or something? I know that he is a main character but it doesn't mean that he has to kick everyone himself, it is turning into second Bleach -_-

Well the new crazy character looks interesting, hope she actually will deliver something good.

P.S. To those who had read novels, can someone PM me if there will be at least one arc or fight where someone else kicks the asses and wins instead of Touma? Because he starts to make everyone look pathefic... I was fine with it in season 1 but to continue this repetition even in season 2?
Kuroko's arc was the best... finally it was someone else to kick asses, I want another arc like that!
Old 2011-01-30, 08:08   Link #109
Farix

You know, something just occurred to me. If the Queen of the Adriatic Sea spell will erase all influences of a single city, what about Aleister Crowley? He may have built Academy City, but he was also a former magician who heavily influenced Western magic. So what made the Roman Catholics believe that they wouldn't be affected by Academy City's destruction? It would seem that using the Queen of the Adriatic Sea on Academy City would have been a suicide move comparable to MAD.
Farix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 08:29   Link #110
tsunade666

As of currently no one knows the real identity of Aleister Crowley besides tsuchimikado. So RCC doing such move is understandable plus Aleister cut ties with magic side since before. And if the Fleet of queen of Adraitic attacks academy city. It wouldn't just destroy the city. It will destroy japan itself for the connection of it around japan. With the government and family ties. And not just japan but the whole technology around the world. Are mostly connected to used technology of academy city.

It's a real complete victory to magic side if that happens.

As for an arc where other character beat the bad guys. You will get that in the next arc kitten because the next arc is a simultaneous arc of science and magic side.

As for why Touma was the only one who beat the bad guys. it's because Aleister needs Touma to do so. As for future events.

As for the real story starts after this season because by that time it will be three different paths of stories.
Old 2011-01-30, 08:35   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farix View Post
You know, something just occurred to me. If the Queen of the Adriatic Sea spell will erase all influences of a single city, what about Aleister Crowley? He may have built Academy City, but he was also a former magician who heavily influenced Western magic. So what made the Roman Catholics believe that they wouldn't be affected by Academy City's destruction? It would seem that using the Queen of the Adriatic Sea on Academy City would have been a suicide move comparable to MAD.
One, nobody knew who Aleister really is. Secondly, the spell destroys the culture of the city, last i've checked that doesn't include modernizing magic because Academy City does not touch magic as part of their policy.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 08:39   Link #112
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
As for an arc where other character beat the bad guys. You will get that in the next arc kitten because the next arc is a simultaneous arc of science and magic side.

As for why Touma was the only one who beat the bad guys. it's because Aleister needs Touma to do so. As for future events.

As for the real story starts after this season because by that time it will be three different paths of stories.
YES!
Now I'm excited! Thanks for the info
Old 2011-01-30, 09:49   Link #113
eiyuu99

Aleister is bidding his time, he'll eventually move his chess pieces.
What rank does Touma qualify? Knight? Queen?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 10:12   Link #114
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
implying every magician is Oriana's level? the grunts aren't even stiyl's level.
And certain aztec magician took down a level 4 with no problems .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Aren't there any other characters who can play a bit bigger role and beat the badies? Why it always has to be Touma? Is he a superman or something? I know that he is a main character but it doesn't mean that he has to kick everyone himself, it is turning into second Bleach -_-
Seriously?
I don't see Touma getting a power up each episode. Also Touma plays the role of beating magicians because he is Aleister and Laura's pawn/toy. Imagine Breaker grows for Aleister while Laura gets Biagio and Lidvia in the prison to blackmail them in exchange for info about the Roman Catholics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. To those who had read novels, can someone PM me if there will be at least one arc or fight where someone else kicks the asses and wins instead of Touma? Because he starts to make everyone look pathefic... I was fine with it in season 1 but to continue this repetition even in season 2?
Kuroko's arc was the best... finally it was someone else to kick asses, I want another arc like that!
Without being spoiler the obvious answer is:
Accelerator

... and if the anime allows it, we can get a third main character.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-01-30 at 10:27.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:00   Link #115
tsunade666

Quote:

Without being spoiler the obvious answer is:
Accelerator

... and if the anime allows it, we can get a third main character.
Now you spoil the fun of the one who will trash on the enemy on the next science arc.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:12   Link #116
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Now you spoil the fun of the one who will trash on the enemy on the next science arc.
Nah, he appeared in the preview, just like he did in the second arc of the series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 11:20   Link #117
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

About all I took from this episode:

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 13:06   Link #118
kitten320

Quote:
Seriously?
I don't see Touma getting a power up each episode. Also Touma plays the role of beating magicians because he is Aleister and Laura's pawn/toy. Imagine Breaker grows for Aleister while Laura gets Biagio and Lidvia in the prison to blackmail them in exchange for info about the Roman Catholics.
When did I say a word about power up?
By Bleach reference I meant how main character is stealing spotlight from everyone for no apparent reason.
It is simply ridiculouse that some kid is owning high class magicians and scientists all the time while actual high class people get shit kicked out of them.

Yes he does have the special arm but after so many beaten down enemies, shouldn't the dark side made some kind of research on him by now and found the counter attack to his arm or at least attempted something?

All I saw so far was "Oh, you have a special arm! Whatever, I still we act as before and will get a punch in the face HAHAHAHA!"

Wow... so much suspence that I'm exploding from excitement... NOT.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:28   Link #119
bizzi

I definitely love Wakamoto's voice.
" *fast blah blah* to iuuuuuuuuu no ni "
It's awesome ;D
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 16:39   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Angel maid. HHHNNGGHHHH.