AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 11:15   Link #7241
sailorsean

I had a dream last night that both Little Busters! and the Ep. 8 patch would be released today.
Heh, some dream right?
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 11:49   Link #7242
immblueversion

Well, I'm not one to make choices, but should an EP8 patch be released after it's confirmed through the PS3 version of Chiru, it should probably be made to match what is said. It can be the actual complete patch or it can be an update, but still.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 13:38   Link #7243
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Well, they can always make changes to the patch… I think they're planning to fix typos and stuff, so if they feel something should be changed, I'm sure they'll just release a new version.
Old 2011-12-17, 15:14   Link #7244
Sajomir

Haha I'm getting really excited. Even though December 18th was named a while ago, I keep checking the Witch Hunt news every day XD

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but

Thank you so much for all your hard work! Umineko got me to overlook my original dis-interest in Higurashi and has shown me a totally different VN from what I was used to.
I look forward to seeing the result of your efforts.
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 15:54   Link #7245
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ander View Post
Hi!.

I just want to say thank you for ALL the great effort of Witch Hunt in these past few (and a lot) years. Thank you so MUCH for bringing us Umineko all this years.

Can't wait for the full patch (:

PS:
Spoiler for Big img:
Ok, this was awesome xD. I was surprised when I read "From Venezuela" (I'm venezuelan, too!)
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 16:07   Link #7246
st_nick5

Can't wait for the patch. Thanks for your hard work Witch-Hunt!
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 16:14   Link #7247
Escargotage
I want to believe.

I've been refreshing the page non-stop since I got up. Thank you very much, Witch-Hunt for all of your hard work!
Old 2011-12-17, 16:35   Link #7248

Whew. Builds, re-builds, and reverse-builds... A hurricane of MD5 hashes is whirling through the staff channel. But we're making progress!
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:39   Link #7249
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been almost 4 years I've worked on this project with many people, and for some reason I can't even describe such experience as these years that were so long passed like a flash.
I can't help but feel sort of relieved but also bitter since it is hard to have that impression that "that's it, we have done it!". Probably would have been different for a project which would be the same but on a shorter span (episodic structure doesn't help I guess).

Of course, things wouldn't have gone so well without all members of Witch Hunt who managed to keep it up. Those who helped us and still could see the end of our journey, I thank all of you for your help under the group name, however large or small your contribution was, each of them helped us to go that far. Regardless if you are no longer with us for this release, I personally am grateful for what you have done with us.

Suffice to say, the support and satisfaction of all fans was also a splendid sight to behold. I would be lying if we didn't feel satisfaction with all these thanks, but yet, it is the fact all of you were so curious, interested and looking forwards Ryukishi's latest tale that drove us to do our best.

As such, we of Witch Hunt would like to express our gratitude to all of you readers, who enjoyed Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Well then, enough tchitchat I guess?

As promised, here is the tale that Ushiromiya Battler wanted to convey to his little sister. Now, this tale is finally available for everyone.
We of Witch Hunt are proud to announce that the complete patch for Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch is finally available.

You can grab it here. Please select the appropriate installer depending of your OS:

More mirrors and nosinstaller versions can be found on our website.
Please note that we aren't going to remain idle, so if you notice any glitch, typo, mistakes etc, please don't hesitate and report them to us.

Note:
Old save state won't be available for this release. Therefore, we made a choice at the beginning of Episode 8 that will allow you to jump directly to the second half of the patch.

Specific note
: A known glitch will certainly occur at some point in Episode 8. It isn't that much of an issue, but we have no fix as of now.
The problem is as follow: At some point in the latter half of Episode 8, a certain character doll sheet will take the topmost layer displayed, which will cover even the menu HUB. Once the scene is over, everything works fine.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-01-03 at 05:53.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:42   Link #7250
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

YES! Thank you once again for everything you've done, Witch-Hunt. This is indeed a great day to be a fan.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:43   Link #7251
Xplosivv

Yay.

Awesome, thanks.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:43   Link #7252
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Thank you so much. I can't say how happy I am right now. You guys are the best. Thank you!
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:46   Link #7253
st_nick5

There goes my sleep tonight. Thanks for the release Witch-Hunt!
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:46   Link #7254
jjblue1

While I wait for the patch to download I just wanted to say how much I love you for all of your hard work. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:50   Link #7255
sailorsean

Thank you!
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:52   Link #7256
Ushiromiya Battler

Thank you so much, Witch Hunt. It's been one hell of a journey! I came into the series after watching Higurashi, when you guys had just finished translating the first part of Episode 4, and I had no idea that what I was about to read would literally become my favorite thing in existence, that the character Ushiromiya Battler would resonate with me so well. Thank you for finishing this project, allowing me and many others to finish this marvelous story.
Ushiromiya Battler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:54   Link #7257
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

ありがとうございます!(*⌒▽⌒*)
Old 2011-12-17, 17:56   Link #7258
Auria

Thank you so much for all the effort and work you've put into this, Witch-Hunt. It's really a shame I've got no other means to express my gratitude other than this dull words and the purchase of the original, but be assured my gratitude level is nearing endless nine right now. It's been an amazing ride and you can be more than proud of yourselves for making it avaible to the english-speaking community.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:57   Link #7259
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Thanks WH.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:57   Link #7260
MarthX

Having a slight issue. F isn't switching to full screen. Pushing F does nothing.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation