2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-08, 01:33   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I get that Atlanta loves children and this episode explained her wish, but even she should have realized that someone had to do something about those kids. They were'nt innocent kids that were going to laugh and play, they were just going to kill.
"Something", yeah. But she hoped it wouldn't be "killing them". Maybe use the Grail, if no other solution presents itself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 01:57   Link #22
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't know what's so confusing to people.

Whether or not the children were actually Jack the Ripper or not, they were the incarnation/embodiment of the hatred and resentment of all the dead children from the Victorian era in Britain. Much like how Vlad Tepes was consumed by his own Dracula legend regardless of his own will, the children seemingly had no choice but to conform to the ideas of the legend of Jack the Ripper. I'm blaming the Grail for most of it, but it's not unreasonable to assume they started killing partly because it was in their nature as an Anti-Hero class.

You see a ton of this stuff in all of the Fate series. Most of the Heroes we've seen ultimately are consumed by their own legends and thus fall. Really, the only one to break that pattern was arguably Saber (Artoria) in the UBW True Ending.

I do love how Jeanne d'Arc is a lot more self-aware than most of the other Servants. I'm not sure if that's because she's a more introspective character in general, or if it's because of her status as a Ruler-class and so stands slightly apart from the normal rules of the Holy Grail Wars (like we saw with her seeming immunity to Jack's special attacks, though that might be because her Magic Resistance is rated EX).
In almost all of them it was literally the man becoming the myth and how the myth becamr their undoing. This wis probably yhe first case of the myth becoming man.

Or in this case loli.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 04:29   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So, did she actually send them off to the afterlife and removed them from the Throne of Heroes? Or just erased them from existence?
The children weren't recorded in the Throne of Heroes, Jack the Ripper was (and still is).

Now, I might be wrong, but I'm assuming that exorcism would just send the children back to where they came from, where they can RIP. They could of course be summoned all over again but it's not very likely.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 06:05   Link #24
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hard not to notice her, but her voice sounded so different from what I remember I thought she was a different person for a moment.
Young Medea voiced by Ai Nonaka (Fran), reprising her role from FGO, while older Medea is vocied by Atsuko Tanaka.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 06:41   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Cute Medea is cute.
Old 2017-11-08, 08:47   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I get that Atlanta loves children and this episode explained her wish, but even she should have realized that someone had to do something about those kids. They were'nt innocent kids that were going to laugh and play, they were just going to kill.
It seemed to me her judgment was altered by their curse (she had black fog around her arm).
Old 2017-11-08, 10:04   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Isn't it possible that it's also just a character flaw of hers? Nobody is 100% rational 100% of the time.
Old 2017-11-08, 16:11   Link #28
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It seemed to me her judgment was altered by their curse (she had black fog around her arm).
yeah i had the same feelings cuz i don't rememeber any of her powers making her arm having tha fog, it's looked like atalanta was being possessed by jack curse and turned crazy.

jack powers for me was really a letdown and very weak, just a sort of 50% of chance to mind control the enemie by making him/her "fall for the childrens" if it don't work then is her end the most weak power which i saw in this serie so far.
Old 2017-11-08, 17:17   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

When was the last time you saw an Assassin that wasn't weak? Being weak is kind of their thing.
Old 2017-11-08, 18:23   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
When was the last time you saw an Assassin that wasn't weak? Being weak is kind of their thing.
Li Shuwen.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-08, 21:25   Link #31
Twi

To be fair, he was kind of exceptional. His Presence Concealment came from a skill he had in life and wasn't linked to magical ability, allowing him to attack freely without dropping it. So was False Assassin, but he probably shouldn't be counted.

But in general, Assassins are... assassins. They aren't supposed to be getting into a fight head on. They're supposed to kill the squishy human mages, which Jack had done in spades to get her heart counter up. She just failed to kill the Black Faction's because then we wouldn't have a narrative, and considering Shirou was just as much of a Saint as Jeanne, it would've ended the same if she went after him.

As for that Black Fog on her arm, I've been asking around and it may have been one of her NP and not Jack's. Atalanta's wish was for children to be loved and the Black Faction/Ruler were already her enemies. They just made it personal for her rather than an obligation since she believed that the Grail could have saved even them. Probably incarnate them as flesh and blood so they could live again and grow to adulthood.
Old 2017-11-09, 07:00   Link #32
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Li Shuwen.
Er... Yes, okay.. I can't say you're not correct, but... I'd like to appeal to the "exception, rule" clause.
Old 2017-11-09, 10:48   Link #33
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
King Hassan?
Old 2017-11-09, 11:36   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hassan is a king now? Does the exception, rule clause still hold? (of course it does, weak Assassins are still the norm)

Last edited by Dengar; 2017-11-09 at 11:51.
Old 2017-11-09, 12:38   Link #35
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Hassan is a king now? Does the exception, rule clause still hold? (of course it does, weak Assassins are still the norm)
No, we are talking about the first Hassan, the creator of the sect, the head honcho of the order.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 14:17   Link #36
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
I meant this one:
Old 2017-11-09, 17:59   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but in general, Assassins are weak. They tend to excel at killing masters.
Old 2017-11-10, 21:35   Link #38
ReddyRedWolf

It occurs to me Atalanta doesn't know a child master died in this war due to Caster of Black and the fact homunculi are essentially children particularly Mordred who has the attitude.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-11, 01:07   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's actually a way to link this version of Jack the Ripper to the original story. Consider the following:

1. Jack the Ripper's attributed victims, about 5 according to the original story, were all prostitutes.
2. Poor prostitutes, who were all also highly likely to have conceived children illegitimate children.
3. These children were also highly likely to be abandoned.

So in a sense you could say that this incarnation of Jack the Ripper were made from the amalgamation of the very children abandoned by the prostitutes that the original Jack story victimized. In short, this Jack the Ripper is the magical personification of these children's hatred and vengeance.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 04:53   Link #40
moridin84
Custom User Title

Just watched the last 5 episodes. If I knew that best girl Astolfo was going to get that much screentime I wouldn't have fallen behind.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote