AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-28, 19:47   Link #2061
LevelSeven

@dniv

agree (partially), but i posted my way of seeing things: the goal is second to the methods used to accomplished it....

your point let it looks like he saved them, which he doesnt, would he free them from a worser reality (than they are now, like a world where WW4 destroyed everything etc.) than i would agree with you....

but fact is: he destroyed the utopia world in which EVERYONE except him was happy, which means he destroyed the good world and brought back the 'bad' world.....
he made more bad things and in the end (nerfed and emotionlly crippled accel, dead terra, WW3, Hawaii/baggage City , the fights between science and magician) he 'killed' them, with stopping othinus.......
and this for his goal (exactly like accel with killing Clones (because he didnt wanted to hurt anyone anymore)/fiamma creating WW3 (he wanted to save the mankind)) : going back to the world which he likes, friends/family/etc. (this is the selfish-ness he showed (for me))
Old 2014-02-28, 20:13   Link #2062
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It's interesting to me how he does it even if I know what's going to happen. Dark Touma is interesting too, but that needs a reason to happen. Maybe that'll happen with Laura?
Yeah, but I guess his character development will lead him to what I want, though I might differ to the translations chose of words, what Touma showed is self centeredness which is different to selfishness i.e a selfish person has a strong bias towards not giving anything. And despite we could say Touma was selfish in the last chapter of NT9 what he did was more a self centered act than anything, and the act of helping Othinus at the epilogue proves that.

A self-centered person would be inclined toward selfish behavior, but not necessarily so. Being self-centered implies finding oneself more fascinating than anything else. But it doesn't necessarily cause such a person to behave in the stingy, venal way associated with selfishness.
Touma in NT9 for once did something for his own convenience, it was time to give himself priority.

Of course a self centered berson might derail to selfish and that is what I want on evil Touma .

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-02-28 at 20:51.
Old 2014-02-28, 20:18   Link #2063
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Meh, all is pointless because Touma always will forgive them and save them all.

You know what would be interesting? (at least for me)

Touma hunting down someone he considers beyond salvation or at least shows his ill will towards someone... like the terrorist guy from vol.17 where Touma didn't stop until he saw him suffering until the plane stoped.
but for this happen that "person" must hurt Index, she is his weak point.
Old 2014-02-28, 20:33   Link #2064
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
but for this happen that "person" must hurt Index, she is his weak point.
You know Fiamma still breathes partly thanks to Touma right?
Old 2014-02-28, 20:38   Link #2065
LG-MAX

I meant something "physical" as hanging, kicking, hitting, trying to rape, etc.. vol 17 shows my point.
Old 2014-02-28, 20:52   Link #2066
Miraluka
Banned

Oops, I was editing my post, please re-read to avoid any confusion.
Old 2014-02-28, 22:40   Link #2067
LG-MAX

speaking in possibilities, if the Kamachi really want to do something different and change Touma fully, it would be interesting to Othinus die and he join Gremlin and fight this "world that he is not able to recognize why be happy with the death of a girl, "but I think it has less than 10% of chances happen. but could open up new possibilities, and subsequent volumes could focus on other protagonists.

I say this because as saying: "Nothing is so bad that it can not get worse"
Old 2014-03-01, 01:45   Link #2068
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
speaking in possibilities, if the Kamachi really want to do something different and change Touma fully, it would be interesting to Othinus die and he join Gremlin and fight this "world that he is not able to recognize why be happy with the death of a girl, "but I think it has less than 10% of chances happen. but could open up new possibilities, and subsequent volumes could focus on other protagonists.

I say this because as saying: "Nothing is so bad that it can not get worse"
I think this has a chance of 10^(-1000000000000000!) of happening personally...
Old 2014-03-01, 08:52   Link #2069
LG-MAX

if we yet were in the NT vol 8 and someone said "I believe in volume 9 Touma will die thousands of times in many different ways," what would you say?
Old 2014-03-01, 11:31   Link #2070
LevelSeven

this question isnt for me but: pffftttt! wtf, look in dc or marvel for one million different realitys XD

honestly im suprised that nt9 wasnt so (it was not like normal toaru) out of the verse, i thought after reading the spoilers that their is to much fantasy inside it....
a big respect for kamachi kazuma-chan i believe that he could even make this idea into something not-out-of-toaru, like nt9, lets look and hope
i will hope that touma vanishes for a few volumes and allows accel to have volumes which are centered about him (Vol.15/19-like ) (maybe with shiage).....
Old 2014-03-01, 11:32   Link #2071
dragon1412

sure, since reading a simple series believe it can happen and the end of NT 8 is when Othinus acquired Gungnir with full Magic god power so i can acceptable to a certain extent but NT 9 tied Touma development directly to Othinus existence so that's unlikely.
Old 2014-03-01, 13:01   Link #2072
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this question isnt for me but: pffftttt! wtf, look in dc or marvel for one million different realitys XD

honestly im suprised that nt9 wasnt so (it was not like normal toaru) out of the verse, i thought after reading the spoilers that their is to much fantasy inside it....
a big respect for kamachi kazuma-chan i believe that he could even make this idea into something not-out-of-toaru, like nt9, lets look and hope
i will hope that touma vanishes for a few volumes and allows accel to have volumes which are centered about him (Vol.15/19-like ) (maybe with shiage).....
I agree with every line.
Old 2014-03-01, 13:33   Link #2073
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
if we yet were in the NT vol 8 and someone said "I believe in volume 9 Touma will die thousands of times in many different ways," what would you say?
Not that, but I expected and said that the world will return back to normal even if it was destroyed .
Old 2014-03-01, 14:18   Link #2074
LG-MAX

Quote:
Not that, but I expected and said that the world will return back to normal even if it was destroyed .
not been told that it is impossible to return the world 100% to normal? can be at most 99.9%?

and yes, I'm being annoying.
Old 2014-03-01, 16:18   Link #2075
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I agree with every line.
I want a Rikou arc too, but I think it should wait until NT 11.

I also want a Mikoto arc when she finds out about the parameter list… that hasn't happened yet you guys realize. but that should hopefully happen afterwards.

I don't mind if Touma isn' involved, but I want to see the others with a spotlight soon enough.

I wonder what the next Accelerator arc is going to be about. I'm sure there has been foreshadowing we've been missing, but I've just been blind or maybe it'll be after the Rikou arc…

Either way, I want to see a Kakine arc too… and a #6 arc… There are a lot of necessary arcs with foreshadowing that haven't happened yet.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:08   Link #2076
LevelSeven

a rikou arc? oooohhhh :O i forgot her completly i want that too, as fast as possible but i dont want her to be strong enough to do what AC wants, her abilitys should be powerful but have several limits (and maybe foreshadowing for accel (she is controlled by a kihara (complete new i know) and they force her to let accels abilitys vanish, it does not work (a small idea about accels mysterious wings)), i hope they are more than compressed aim-wings (maybe something divine (my small light ))

and the other arcs too, exspecially kakine arc with his glorious return AND NOT being a worf carachter..... im sure with his infinite power he could easily handle AC, the science and magic side (since their is no majin anymore), maybe im the only one but i want a unique arc who shows the past of the MC's, touma/accel/shiage/kakine/misaka/misaki (and her connections with touma)..

oh and more gunha, really this boy deserves more screentime, a arc about him and shiage i would love it....
Old 2014-03-01, 17:17   Link #2077
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Friendly reminder; this is Kamijou's character thread, not the New Testament 9 thread or the general LN thread.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:30   Link #2078
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
not been told that it is impossible to return the world 100% to normal? can be at most 99.9%?

and yes, I'm being annoying.
Which in turns makes my prediction 99% accurate . And that was when NT8 was released.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:31   Link #2079
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I want a Rikou arc too, but I think it should wait until NT 11.
Too long, but will be worth the wait.

Quote:
I also want a Mikoto arc when she finds out about the parameter list… that hasn't happened yet you guys realize. but that should hopefully happen afterwards.
That slot is busy with Hamazura.

Quote:
I wonder what the next Accelerator arc is going to be about. I'm sure there has been foreshadowing we've been missing, but I've just been blind or maybe it'll be after the Rikou arc…
Maybe Trollwass is gonna pay him a second visit.

Quote:
Either way, I want to see a Kakine arc too… and a #6 arc… There are a lot of necessary arcs with foreshadowing that haven't happened yet.
[/QUOTE]
Nº6 is more possible, Kakine is currently out of stock.
Old 2014-03-01, 18:03   Link #2080
LG-MAX

Quote:
Which in turns makes my prediction 99% accurate . And that was when NT8 was released.
accurate, but do not forget, somewhere in this vast universe of the series something was not repaired and was lost forever, just hope it was not the balls of Laura. and when I say balls mean danger.
Closed Thread