AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 22:43   Link #2321
Death Usagi
Banned

Wait, does that mean Ymir, who was originally a normal titan who only devoured, became human because she ate and killed Marcel, who was a Titan Shifter 5 years prior to the main story?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 22:52   Link #2322
kitten320

^Yes, I'm pretty sure Ymir explained that part herself.
Old 2014-05-03, 22:58   Link #2323
Death Usagi
Banned

Didn't Bertolt and Reiner also say it was the same for them too?
Old 2014-05-04, 07:21   Link #2324
misso

I think Erwin is going to die...

And I have a feeling Levi is also going to die too, maybe not now but soon I guess. And I feel like his squad is going to betray him (Judas!), maybe Sacha or Jean . I don't think it will be Mikasa or Armin.
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:13   Link #2325
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
maybe Sacha or Jean . I don't think it will be Mikasa or Armin.
I highly doubt that scenario. At this point, Jean and Armin are more glued together than Ymir and "Christa" were back then.
If anyone is gonna betray anyone, then those two will likely be on the same side, whichever it is. (Unless one of them dies that is)
Old 2014-05-04, 09:19   Link #2326
misso

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I highly doubt that scenario. At this point, Jean and Armin are more glued together than Ymir and "Christa" were back then.
If anyone is gonna betray anyone, then those two will likely be on the same side, whichever it is. (Unless one of them dies that is)
what? I think Armin is closer to Mikasa/Eren than Jean. And Jean seems to really dislike Levi. I don't think he cares that much about Armin to be honest. (Like he probably likes him like Connie and Sacha but not the same way as Ymir liked Christa...)
edit: But he will probably be on the same side as Mikasa so I guess if Mikasa follows Levi he will follow too...
misso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:59   Link #2327
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
So Spoilers are out:

Spoiler for 57 Spoiler:

More soon.
Spoiler for ch 57:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^I'm pretty sure Erwin signed his death contract by entrusting Hanji as new Commander.

And it almost feels like they signed Annie's death contract by saying that abilities can be achieved by eating titan-shifters and mentioning that Eren needs hardening abilities like Annie... what implies that Eren will have to eat her at some point in the future to get those abilities...

Well shit, Annie became part of a menu along with Eren.
Ahh, crap... Seems like those two shifters are going to become a trophy lambs to be slaughtered. I hope Eren would able to escape from them before they could get their hands on the Coordinates. Although it's a mere theory made by Hanji, but it's more or less to be true that they could achieve their "ultimate goal" once they acquired the Coordinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Wait, does that mean Ymir, who was originally a normal titan who only devoured, became human because she ate and killed Marcel, who was a Titan Shifter 5 years prior to the main story?
I recall Ymir was once a mindless titan until she ate R&B's childhood friend, she became a shifter since then, but with a blurry memories as a titan. The one she devoured could be a shifter, I guess.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 11:13   Link #2328
Kiltias

Yep, Hanji believes Marcel/Berick/The one Ymir ate was a Shifter.

Also, apparently the Gear of the Anti-Personnel is majorly OP.
Despite the range, Nifa had her face absolutely destroyed to the point that a large portion of her skull was visible.
Also, the Hooks are linked directly to the Guns not the hip.Shooting them is the exactly same as firing a gun.
It's not even a 3D Gear to be honest, they seem to be flying around in what is probably a literal Jetpack.

And Annie returning seems to be close, the battlefield happens to be Stohess.
We're also talking about Anti-Personnel, they're trained to kill Humans, so a Titan might screw them over as they're gear ain't meant to fight them.
So a Titan seems to be the best weapon against a Force all about strategies and equipment to kill Humans, and Eren is no option.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 12:12   Link #2329
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
And I have a feeling Levi is also going to die too, maybe not now but soon I guess. And I feel like his squad is going to betray him (Judas!), maybe Sacha or Jean . I don't think it will be Mikasa or Armin.
Isayama is too scared of his fans for anything bad to happen to Sasha, and I agree with desrtsku's analysis of why Jean wouldn't rebel.

If anything, I think Mikasa is the most likely to mutiny. Her priorities are still Eren #1, 2 and 3 with humanity a distant 4th, so at some point she's going to be faced with the fact that everyone else on her team -- even Armin, I think -- sees Eren as a tool for defeating the titans who could be sacrificed if the situation calls for it. I can imagine a scenario where Jean and Armin try to convince her that Eren has to sacrifice himself for the good of humanity, and when that fails Levi tries to take her down in a one-on-one fight (cue revelation about their relationship).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 12:36   Link #2330
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Isayama is too scared of his fans for anything bad to happen to Sasha, and I agree with desrtsku's analysis of why Jean wouldn't rebel.
Not at all when considering that Sasha originally was supposed to die in Ch. 36.
Not the fans saved her but his Editor simply because there needs to be a better time and place.

And for Jean:
Rebellion was implied ever since the Forest of Giant Trees where he said it's not unusual or uncommon that Team Leaders get literally backstabbed by their own men when they think of him as no longer being fit to lead.
Old 2014-05-04, 12:54   Link #2331
Death Usagi
Banned

Something I just thought of.

What if Historia is actually a Shifter and the Reiss plans to actually make her eat Eren?
Old 2014-05-04, 13:33   Link #2332
Kiltias

Quote:
Something I just thought of.

What if Historia is actually a Shifter and the Reiss plans to actually make her eat Eren?
Can't say it's impossible but I doubt it.
I go and say the Monarchy are after Historia due to her meetings with "Amnesia".
She did "lock away", memories of Historia, for all we know something is within her memory, safely locked away that is of interest to the Reiss.
Old 2014-05-05, 06:03   Link #2333
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

So that Ackerman guy who slits people's throat is Kaney. Kaney Ackerman. The weapon he used were a huge-ass caliber guns. Oh man... Look at the size of that casings. No wonder Nifa's head was splattered by those guns.

Ackerman... Sounds like an OP family bloodline for me.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 06:22   Link #2334
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So that Ackerman guy who slits people's throat is Kaney. Kaney Ackerman. The weapon he used were a huge-ass caliber guns. Oh man... Look at the size of that casings. No wonder Nifa's head was splattered by those guns.

Ackerman... Sounds like an OP family bloodline for me.
Well I guess the Guns are Gas Powered, and the casings are Gas Containers, the gas in the Containers enhancing the Fire Power drastically for one shot before having to be "recharged".But that's worth it IMO, those shots can hit anywhere and mess up the target.Doesn't matter if Leg,Arm,Torso,Head, a hit will always be devastating.Then again, it's supposed to be specifically used against Humans so I guess it only makes sense it does so.

I'm more interested in the Hooks attached to the Guns itself instead of the hip.
Firing them basically is the exact principle as firing a Gun.
Scouting Legion, hell any other Soldier can't use it cause they use Blades.The wire would most definitely get in the way if embedded into the Hilt of the Sword.
Basically, it's unusable for Soldiers so taking one from a Corpse is futile.

Besides that, even the Gas Cylinder is different, it's not just "On the back", it's a literal Jetpack.
Old 2014-05-05, 08:07   Link #2335
Death Usagi
Banned

Guns vs Swords... who going to win...?

Just hope Levi gets out of this unscathed.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:38   Link #2336
zibi88

I will wait for MS release... since the one we have now has missing pages...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 11:31   Link #2337
Wandering Soul

So we meet Kasey Ackerman the guy that Levi lived with for a while. He seems sadistic but smart. I get the feeling that Erwin's days are numbered especially after he left control to Levi and Hanji. I really wonder how Levi is gonna get out of this when he is surrounded by guys with some pretty powerful guns.
Old 2014-05-05, 12:55   Link #2338
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
what? I think Armin is closer to Mikasa/Eren than Jean.
Yeah sure, that's how it should be but that's not what is shown to us. Ever since the Female Titan arc, Armin was almost always with Jean and less with Eren and Mikasa. They've even seen the best and the worst together while Mikasa and Eren were busy somewhere else, no homo.

Quote:
And Jean seems to really dislike Levi. I don't think he cares that much about Armin to be honest. (Like he probably likes him like Connie and Sacha but not the same way as Ymir liked Christa...)
Eh, no?
He dislikes Levi? I don't see it that way. As far as I can tell, he's never said anything personally derogative about Levi, he's just talking about hating excessive violence here and there. It's the others that were personally not good with him.
Moreover, even if he does hate him, I don't think that's where the problem lies. Back during FT arc, he made that sarcastic comment about betraying "incompetent commanders", but damn if Jean sees Levi as "incompetent" at this point.
Yes, the problem isn't Levi at all, it's Jean's ideals. Back then, he just wanted to save his arse, but switched into "saving others" mode. Now his main problem is accepting the "doing whatever it takes" mindset. Now you might think that there's no way in hell he'd accept that, but Armin is the very embodiment of that mindset (which he already knows) and he's still one of Jean's best buddies still alive.
Really, he's just in one of his "I don't know what to freaking do. I know it's for the best but I hate it, and so does everyone else. Screw you <name>, not everyone is as strong as you." phase again. He'll eventually get over it and bring the others with him.

Again, I'm not shipping the two of them. I'm not into homo. I do like seeing them together though.

Quote:
edit: But he will probably be on the same side as Mikasa so I guess if Mikasa follows Levi he will follow too...
Not that I "can" disagree, but I don't think Jean is that low of a person. He didn't join Scouting Legion because of Mikasa's pretty hairs, mind you.
Old 2014-05-05, 14:55   Link #2339
Death Usagi
Banned

You know how the others are like "I won't kill humans even if ordered"? I bet Mikasa wouldn't have second thoughts and would slaughter any humans that get in her way when Eren's safety is on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I will wait for MS release... since the one we have now has missing pages...
Batoto has the full version.
Old 2014-05-05, 15:24   Link #2340
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
You know how the others are like "I won't kill humans even if ordered"? I bet Mikasa wouldn't have second thoughts and would slaughter any humans that get in her way when Eren's safety is on the line.
They say that, disregarding the fact that titans too are humans. I'm not sure if Jean and Sasha know that, but Connie sure does. That, and the fact that said humans have no qualms killing them. I have a problem with these three this chapter, but I'm quite sure they'll come around.
Mikasa pleasantly surprised me this chapter, her reaction shows just how much she's grown.

Poor Nifa, she was starting to grow on me Should've seen in coming.