AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-20, 19:52   Link #61
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
One thing for sure I hope Guardian Enzo no longer makes reviews of this show.
and Who exactly is that ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 22:46   Link #62
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
and Who exactly is that ?
A reviewer over at Random Curiosity. Members of the site have been displeased with his reviews of IBO.
Old 2016-04-22, 06:54   Link #63
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
A reviewer over at Random Curiosity. Members of the site have been displeased with his reviews of IBO.
You know what, I don't think I want to know But thanks for telling me who he is.
Old 2016-04-22, 07:37   Link #64
Top Sergeant

I used to really enjoy Random Curiosity but I think they had a staff change and their product, IMHO, isn't what it used to be. It seems much less insightful now, and very much mainstream where it once looked outside the box, so to speak.
Old 2016-04-23, 04:27   Link #65
Arze

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
One thing for sure I hope Guardian Enzo no longer makes reviews of this show.
Yes, who needs critical thinking, let's keep hearing only the positive feedback to feed our confirmation bias and preserve the endless cycle jerking.

I was hopping after the show has ended everyone would take off their rose tinted glasses. But it seems I have to wait a bit more.

It is saddening that today the franchise Gundam is now not about quality and high expectations, is instead about the lack of and complacency.
A show just needs to do a subversion and it will be praised to the heavens for it.
If this show didn't had the word "Gundam" it would have been treated by everyone like another M3.

Don't take it to heart, but guys, really, giving this first season a 10 overall? Is this the pinnacle of storytelling? Really?
So much for a character driven show, even AGE was better, at least it has character development cheaply introduced in time skips.
Arze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 05:06   Link #66
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
the barbatos silhouette in the end seems to be a new form
To be perfectly honest, I only noticed that now.

Old 2016-04-23, 08:07   Link #67
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arze View Post
Yes, who needs critical thinking, let's keep hearing only the positive feedback to feed our confirmation bias and preserve the endless cycle jerking.

I was hopping after the show has ended everyone would take off their rose tinted glasses. But it seems I have to wait a bit more.

It is saddening that today the franchise Gundam is now not about quality and high expectations, is instead about the lack of and complacency.
A show just needs to do a subversion and it will be praised to the heavens for it.
If this show didn't had the word "Gundam" it would have been treated by everyone like another M3.

Don't take it to heart, but guys, really, giving this first season a 10 overall? Is this the pinnacle of storytelling? Really?
So much for a character driven show, even AGE was better, at least it has character development cheaply introduced in time skips.
its not done yet and ( I give it an 8 ) Right now Gundam needs some Good feedback I want to go back to the days were everyone can talk about Gundam Plus if a show is good give it a good rating Why do we always have to give shows bad rating all the time ? is this like the new Cool edgy thing People do nowadays ? what happen to just liking stuff and giving it a 10 ? huh what about that ? ( Age was pretty bad and I never liked it IBO on the other hand I quite Like and I been hurt by a lot of Gundam anime lately so I like what I'm seeing so far ) Plus M3 didn't have a likable cast while IBO Actually dose hell I can remember all of the Orphans names even Chad and Dante, You know a show dose Good ( at least for me ) when you can remember all the names.
Old 2016-04-23, 08:11   Link #68
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

I want to say Mikazuki's new Gundam is gonna be Black with a little white on it Since in that art its looking more and more like a antagonistic Gundam is that what there going for with Season 2 I like what I'm seeing but dose anyone else get the same feeling ?
Old 2016-04-23, 09:44   Link #69
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:

G-Reco got a lot of stick, so I wouldn't say that people don't have high expectations for Gundam. It's just that what people like can be different. Shows in general are pretty subjective and pretty much every Gundam show out there have their share of lovers and haters.

And personally I've seen quite a lot of positive and negative feedback on this show in all the places I've visit. I wouldn't say that this is a show is well liked by everyone. There are quite a number of people who hate it.
Old 2016-04-23, 09:51   Link #70
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
G-Reco got a lot of stick, so I wouldn't say that people don't have high expectations for Gundam. It's just that what people like can be different. Shows in general are pretty subjective and pretty much every Gundam show out there have their share of lovers and haters.

And personally I've seen quite a lot of positive and negative feedback on this show in all the places I've visit. I wouldn't say that this is a show is well liked by everyone. There are quite a number of people who hate it.
Exactly I agree with this
Old 2016-04-23, 10:23   Link #71
Kurohane

Quote:

Yeah, I feel some people are so glad that Gundam went back to its routes that they are overrating it. I wasn't particularly impressed with IBO, and depending on what the premise of season 2 is, decide whether to watch or skip it.

Quote:
I want to say Mikazuki's new Gundam is gonna be Black with a little white on it Since in that art its looking more and more like a antagonistic Gundam is that what there going for with Season 2 I like what I'm seeing but dose anyone else get the same feeling ?
It's only a silhouette mixing in with the background. The Barbatos will still have it's original colors. Also, the suit's name is based on a demon in myth; it's not surprising if it looks a bit "demonic". It won't be in that form at the start of the season though.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2016-04-26 at 15:15.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 10:26   Link #72
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, I feel some people are so glad that Gundam went back to its routes that they are overrating it. I wasn't particularly impressed with IBO, and depending on what the premise of season 2 is, decide whether to watch or skip it.

It's only a silhouette mixing in with the background. The Barbatos will still have it's original colors.
has that been Confirmed or is that just assumption ?
(since Freedom had different colors then the strike more black then blue ) I'm not saying the last episode was better or anything but since it was only season 1 so I liked what I got also If you feel that season was Pretty bad then you might as well just skip season 2 since you might not enjoy what ever they have in store so in my opinion its better to make that call if you already feel this way.
Old 2016-04-23, 10:27   Link #73
Kurohane

Quote:
has that been Confirmed or is that just assumption ?
(since Freedom was had different colors then the strike more black then blue )
Assumption, I doubt the color scheme will be drastically different. Still, only a guess. Sunrise could very well do that for all I know.
Old 2016-04-23, 10:32   Link #74
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Assumption, I doubt the color scheme will be drastically different. Still, only a guess. Sunrise could very well do that for all I know.
I edit my post just a little of you wish to read.
Old 2016-04-24, 08:20   Link #75
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
It's a negative image. Try taking it into Paint and reversing its colors. It's just a grey-toned line art sketch but the suit is probably mostly white.
Old 2016-04-24, 10:13   Link #76
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Barbatos gets a redesign for Season 2 (possibly caused by being wrecked in a battle early on), so they can make even more variants/forms of it. The Gundam Frame will almost certainly be the same though, so they can continue the Mikazuki intergration storyline.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:20   Link #77
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post

Let's see.

So far the obvious changes are:
-Vents
-Chin
-Chest area
-Front skirt
-Side skirt
-Shoulder armor
-Elbow joints
-Backpack

Am I missing anything from that image?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 08:34   Link #78
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Let's see.

So far the obvious changes are:
-Vents
-Chin
-Chest area
-Front skirt
-Side skirt
-Shoulder armor
-Elbow joints
-Backpack

Am I missing anything from that image?
The reconfigured V-fin, the changes are small but its different from S1 Barbatos.

It seems to me Barbie is still using the Form 6 side skirts.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 09:18   Link #79
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
The reconfigured V-fin, the changes are small but its different from S1 Barbatos.

It seems to me Barbie is still using the Form 6 side skirts.
The face as well look at how it looks compared to the other Barbatos That why I think it might be a whole new Mobile suit or a very heavy Upgrade Barbatos.
Old 2016-04-25, 09:36   Link #80
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

A whole new mobile suit is very unlikely because they will want to continue the Mikazuki intergration story. Most likely it's the same Gundam Frame but with the parts being upgraded/changed.

As we have seen with the Gusion, the same Gundam Frame can be modified quite a lot.