AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 20:42   Link #221
myrmicat

Cool with great power comes great responsibility

Yikes, talk about overreactions. I think someone is looking a bit too much into stereotypical cultural innuendos . Personally that topic should be left for a sociology class.

Kiva, you are a very talented drawer. Been following your drawing with my mouth gaping open at your skill....my best attempt at drawing usually turns out as a with the head looking about the size of a melon at the end of a tooth pick

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more of your drawings in the future. And remember, with great talent comes great envy from others ^_^

Cheers to Kairin....wonder if she'll ever head to the beach
myrmicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 21:57   Link #222
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Thank you for the kind words myrmicat! I'm glad you like my work. I must apologize if my previous post seemed a bit...out of line. Things have been a little weird here lately for me. But I digress.

In anycase, I suspect that Kairin will head back to the beach again. Afterall, summer is just around the corner.
Old 2007-04-01, 23:10   Link #223
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmicat View Post
Kiva, you are a very talented drawer.
Indeed. The way he effortlessly slides in and out on his tracks never ceases to amaze. And that knob is pure craftsmanship.

FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 06:43   Link #224
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Indeed. The way he effortlessly slides in and out on his tracks never ceases to amaze. And that knob is pure craftsmanship.

I thought I told you never to talk about my knob in public!
Old 2007-04-02, 17:10   Link #225
MavrickTJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
Thank you for the kind words myrmicat! I'm glad you like my work. I must apologize if my previous post seemed a bit...out of line. Things have been a little weird here lately for me. But I digress.

In anycase, I suspect that Kairin will head back to the beach again. Afterall, summer is just around the corner.
I actually thought that was a great show of restraint on your part Kiva, and your work is truly amazing.
MavrickTJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 22:05   Link #226
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I thought I told you never to talk about my knob in public!
Duly noted; sorry.
He brought up the drawer thing, and I just couldn't resist
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 22:30   Link #227
TokyoSnowBunny

Send a message via AIM to TokyoSnowBunny Send a message via MSN to TokyoSnowBunny
Thanks for another great piece of art of our favorite mascot!!
TokyoSnowBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:02   Link #228
Mifune Goh
Racer of Speed

Quote:
....It would seem that a lot of people don't like it as much as I do (which sucks considering the time I put into it) so if the mods want to, they can replace it with chibi Kairin when I get around to doing it (shouldn't be too long...hopefully). Ironic isn't it. The picture I liked the most ended up being one that most people just gave a "meh" feeling to.
I clicked on the image on the AnimeSuki home page and browsed through the topic on a whim when I read this and just had to register and post a reply.

Honestly, some of the negative comments deserve one or more colorful metaphors. But I will be nice and leave it at that.

I personally loved the Spring Edition of Karin. Every time I go the the home page and see that, I can't help but smile a bit. It's like she's a little winded after ascending the steps just to come and say, "Hi." Don't change a thing.

M.G
Mifune Goh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 01:21   Link #229
tokoyoko
ruu, yaoi fiend.

normally, i'm a lurker, but it's 2am and i accidentally clicked on kairin and ended up on the thread.

after skimming, i'll throw in my 2 cents for redundancy's sake.

kiva, the picture is awfully cute, and it made me smile to see the usually reserved, fantasy-material-type kairin in a whimsical 'love hina-esque' mood. the proportion issues are certainly there, but they've been beautifully addressed, so kudos to those who gave some wise advice (takes me back to when i used to doodle myself and my more experienced artist friends would use an extra layer on open canvas to fix my posture and sizing )

er, to the heated protests of "dan"... i can relate to your frustration with the ideological restrains present in pop culture and our reality as a whole, but taking it out on a harmless mascot on animesuki?

now, really.

take that energy and focus it to the hordes of college students traipsing around their campuses wearing slight variations of the same hollister/abercromie sweatshirts. or Barbie manufacturers. that's a cause i'd like to help out in, for sure.
tokoyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 13:40   Link #230
steelbound
Yuki-ism

@Kiva128
I almost never go to the homepage, just go directly to the forums but a couple of days ago I accidently clicked my bookmark to the homepage and was blown away by the new Kairin picture. It gives me that joyful almost giddy feeling spring gives me after a hard winter. Thanks for your hard work.

Also, I've been meaning to ask what you thought of my winter banner. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...259#post741259
Old 2007-04-10, 13:39   Link #231
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Spring Kairin is very lovely! I like the way that she's drawn. If she were a real girl, I'd have to steal a couple of looks... (But I wouldn't just stare...)

Anyway, the two things that did make me nervous were a) the small fingers and b) the shoulder. But those two things are really minor, and can be easily dismissed as "that's just how she is." Konzept's modifications are pretty nice, I think.

I completely disagree with Dan. In fact, Kiva128, please draw Kairin more often in jeans like that. I like my women in jeans.
Old 2007-04-10, 18:53   Link #232
Myname

Ok so who is "Kairin"?

Did someone create her just for this site?

Is she basically just a blonde elf?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 22:47   Link #233
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Why doesn't anyone just read the thread before asking this question... You are so far from the first person to ask this question that it just isn't funny anymore.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 01:09   Link #234
SDnekojin

Thumbs up

I really like Spring Kairin because you can see her figure and she's not a skinny stick like most anime characters. So, way to go~ She's a cutie! I like her better in normal clothes like this than in her fancy formal stuff from before.
SDnekojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 02:39   Link #235
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Nice pic, although her curves are a bit too exaggerated and pronounced, especially for an anime char, or maybe I'm just not used to seeing females in jeans. They tend to wear skirts in anime after all. =p

I'm sure I'm prolly the 100th person to mention this, but the absurdly short length of her right-arm is beyond ignoring for me. It quite simply implies a mismake by nature... which is not very hot. ;-)

[/whine]
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 20:41   Link #236
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Myname...

1. Have your read the title for this thread.. the part that says: "Kairin ~ AnimeSuki's Mascot"
2. Of course NOT! She grows on trees! lol
Yes someone created her for this site. There was a Maskot Contest sponsered by NightWish(th' admin) and Karin beat some druken fox girl. eventually~ But if it were a contest between this Karin and the second best then I think the second best would have won~ the adminz are more conservative of sorts~ they wouldn't pick a extreme side.
No offence Kiva but I like the original more.. it was more you. All the latest incarnations just have less feeling and more eye-candy boo~ boo~
3. Her hair always looked redish to me.. mm.. wonder how it would look as a rich black or pure white.

NoSanyWa...

Why?!.. How many people that visited the site have visited this thread. How many would bother to read it. You're probably presuming that since people see her on the main page they'll go like "who's that?!" "where's she from?" etc. like IT'S NOT NORMAL TO SEE A ANIME CHARACTER ON A ANIME SITE
Your always making such a big deal out of this, lol.
Don't you understand, to have anime character pictures on animesuki only freaks out the regulas..

Only people that are intrested in anime that <might> feature characters like Karin would come here. Face it this is just one of those things were you're your biggest FAN. Trust me.. been there so many times I can see it coming with my eyes closed.

Besides.. this is page 12. Sure I would read everything up to it, but I would find it wierd for other people to. Just as it's wierd for people to search before they ask..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW why was it ever funny back then.. shouldn't now be the time when it's supposedly funny.
Old 2007-04-17, 19:16   Link #237
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I had an idea about using Kairin to help out the moderators and this is what I came up with.

If you want me to change the font or messages I'd be happy to and if you don't want to use them that's ok too since it was fun making them.
Old 2007-04-18, 03:29   Link #238
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Statics.. with only Karin messeges would be more.. "polite" >_>
Old 2007-04-18, 07:14   Link #239
Yukiko-chan

Question Just wondering

Wondering if she'll ever get like a girlfreind maybe?
Just wondering lol Maybe? then again that'll be more work for you so lol maybe not heheh.
First time posting here to im new.So hey everyone !!

And I like all your pics I dont know why people say oh error this error that lol there all good its meant to be the way you do them .lol

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-04-18 at 07:25. Reason: umm
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 07:24   Link #240
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound View Post
I had an idea about using Kairin to help out the moderators and this is what I came up with.

If you want me to change the font or messages I'd be happy to and if you don't want to use them that's ok too since it was fun making them.
! Sig replacer for signature that overruled!

.. its prettier then having a link of text this signature was removed by the mod because it was over the limit ... And link that to the signature rules post

See.. look cute =3

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate