Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-09-08, 21:51   Link #41
SSVanDine

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Some stuff/personal tips that people may not know:
1. During card strengthening, if you select a raw material card same as your base card, you can increase its upper level limit (though it still has a max upper level limit, red if you reach it). You can also increase this limit through the use of sensory stones (can be bought, awarded as mission awards, full survival award depending on mission, first seven day login bonus award).
How do you increase the level limit using sensory stones? I'd love to use this option.
SSVanDine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 21:57   Link #42
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Quote:
Yeah I haven't gotten past 5-5 yet either (though busy farming now). Boss Erika seems to have unlimited Special (I use 'special' now since the gauge says special; was trying to keep to Fighting game terminology with Hissatsu as Super ) But then again, I suspect her unlimited Special is due to me Specialing her and building her gauge as well I'm trying to complete mission with my ideal story deck combinations (to get the survival medal; guess I'm being unrealistic now ). Guess I need to switch to Leo too (you need to have a card that says 身代わり in skill, and note that it doesn't help with AOEs) His defense is really awesome as well (taking puny damage most of the time vs mobs). Don't let your healer die and just keep chaining to keep your Special gauge up. Another thing is if you have AOE attacker, chain with her/him as last attacker, the 4x multiplier is sure to take out all mobs.

You need try to increase card speeds as well. I read a JP wiki that speculates that if you use same character's card or same type as raw materials, there's a better chance of base card getting speed or skill increase (though beware of reaching level cap before that happens, still safest to use Mayaka cards but they're rare ) Maybe you can try Azusa with her damage reduction, I got it upgraded to over 40%. Another possiblity is to keep 'reloading' support characters and find good ones, max speed 6-star Erika (the card that hyl has); she has insane gauge fill speed and insane one-off damage. Yokohama battle suit Tatsuya (his hissatsu is called Trident) is also pretty OP in damage.

Not sure whether 'restarting' helps. But for CP grinding, it's worth doing it, even if you don't get ranking award, you can still get the tiered awards each time you reach certain amount (that's the Present in your home screen and after clicking it, you get entry saying 任務評価). The awards are deterministic and loops every 1000 CPs accumulated which means the awards are unlimited (you can check it in the middle tab of mission page イベント and it also shows your current accumulated CP), you get stuff like stones, Mayaka cards, a Shizuku swimsuit card, 600 support points (not crap like gifts or trash cards). You get stuff initially at 40, 70, 100, then in 50 or so increments, by the time you reach around 500-600, you get something in 100 increments, after you hit a 1000, you loop back again, and again and again as long as you keep farming

To buy stuff from Google play, you need a google account linked to Japan's Google play store. You don't need an international cc; there's a workaround if you have VPN.

Gimme some of that luck! I have a lot of 4 star cards ;_;
Why Mari level is so low compared to the rest? It seems like you are a Shizuku fan
I finally got through it, I had to get a very specific support though. Battle Board Mari with her AoE Special and Blue element to counter Erika's red element. (Chain Multipliers are amazing.) Got through it with only losing Mizuki ; v ;

And I was wondering at whatever it was that kept sending me gifts periodically. 1000 is so far off though, I'm barely about to breach 400 myself (>_< ll)

And thank you, I'll try to work on that VPN method in a bit.

Edit: I also feel like mentioning that I did have a Pre-register code myself but I was really curious on my first play through and I used it on an account with bad rolls. Really didn't think that through. Subsequently I made a new account which is the one I'm using now >.< I figured maid Miyuki is good enough to replace the abscence of the PB one. Though I'm very sad about losing out on that AoE special.

Last edited by WorldTerror; 2014-09-08 at 22:26.
WorldTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:19   Link #43
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSVanDine View Post
How do you increase the level limit using sensory stones? I'd love to use this option.
It should be the last option under Shop (ショップ). IIRC, you can use a stone to increase level limit for 5 cards? I never tested it though. But if you want to do it, you should do it only for rare cards where it's hard to get another one. But then again, I'm not sure whether you can select yourself. Maybe you can let us know after testing it out . Don't use it for non rare cards as you can always combine 2 to increase level limit. So far, 1 star card has max level of 40, 2 stars at 50, so I reckon if the trend continues, 6 star cards should have max level of 90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTerror View Post
I finally got through it, I had to get a very specific support though. Battle Board Mari with her AoE Special and Blue element to counter Erika's red element. (Chain Multipliers are amazing.) Got through it with only losing Mizuki ; v ;

And I was wondering at whatever it was that kept sending me gifts periodically. 1000 is so far off though, I'm barely about to breach 400 myself (>_< ll)

And thank you, I'll try to work on that VPN method in a bit.

Edit: I also feel like mentioning that I did have a Pre-register code myself but I was really curious on my first play through and I used it on an account with bad rolls. Really didn't think that through. Subsequently I made a new account which is the one I'm using now >.< I figured maid Miyuki is good enough to replace the abscence of the PB one. Though I'm very sad about losing that AoE special.
Precisely why it becomes impossible to beat bosses when you have multiple characters dying unless boss is near death. The fact that you can't accumulate enough Special gauge also spells doom.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 22:27   Link #44
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Ehehe I apologize if this is too much to ask but could anyone share an effective method for farming CP on 3-4? As it I keep getting anywhere from 11-16 returns from my attempts which is a bit low in comparison to 21 (_ _ ll)
Old 2014-09-09, 00:41   Link #45
SSVanDine

Quote:
It should be the last option under Shop (ショップ). IIRC, you can use a stone to increase level limit for 5 cards? I never tested it though. But if you want to do it, you should do it only for rare cards where it's hard to get another one. But then again, I'm not sure whether you can select yourself. Maybe you can let us know after testing it out . Don't use it for non rare cards as you can always combine 2 to increase level limit. So far, 1 star card has max level of 40, 2 stars at 50, so I reckon if the trend continues, 6 star cards should have max level of 90?
:C I don't think that's level increase. It most likely increases your card storage space by 5 slots. Darn, I wanted easy max levels.
Old 2014-09-09, 00:57   Link #46
larethian

Quote:
:C I don't think that's level increase. It most likely increases your card storage space by 5 slots. Darn, I wanted easy max levels.
Oh you're right, it's my mistake That's a pretty cool feature though.
Which means the only way you can increase level is to have more of the same cards.

Quote:
Ehehe I apologize if this is too much to ask but could anyone share an effective method for farming CP on 3-4? As it I keep getting anywhere from 11-16 returns from my attempts which is a bit low in comparison to 21 (_ _ ll)
It could be your characters are not strong enough?

Last edited by larethian; 2014-09-09 at 01:14.
Old 2014-09-09, 01:07   Link #47
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How can you farm CP? I means which criteria give you more CP?

And you said 3-4 map is best to farm?
Old 2014-09-09, 01:39   Link #48
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How can you farm CP? I means which criteria give you more CP?

And you said 3-4 map is best to farm?
What I mean is using your BPs to grind for CPs in the most efficient manner (with respect to BP-usage, not with respect to your time spent), instead of using your BPs to advance in the story missions or farm for character cards in the practice room (which are all garbage so far for me). 3-4 is the best for me because, I need no healers and can try to use my fastest characters and it has a huge number of mobs (13). This means I can get 13 CPs from mob overkills, 4 from complete party survival, and 4 from Super/Special finish (it's pretty much impossible to get overkill from the finish, as I believe you need one more hit after enemy dies before it can be considered as overkill). 21 CPs for 14 BPs (I have 68 max BPs now). Stage 3-4 works best for me but not necessary for everyone. You have to find your own stage (preferably with many mobs and something you can clear with ease) More CPs also means more Commu and thus more XP. Flip side is I get shit XP from stage 3-4 alone now, but I still feel it's more efficient as later missions also take more BPs and much harder to overkill, special finish, and complete survive (number of mobs also matter), (though if you manage to complete survive and special finish, they give more CPs), not to mention that I sometimes get wiped out at the last stage (which usually have the most mobs) wasting all my BPs used. Don't forget to use your CPs for Commu to XP.

Even though I said all these, I can't do it 100% efficiently at times (when I get impatient and lazy) and I'm also not spending my whole day playing the game . At any rate, 3-4 may not be the most suitable farming stage for you if you are still pretty low level.
Old 2014-09-09, 01:48   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What do you means by 4 from Super/Special finish?

So you only can get CP from overkill? Yeah it gonna be too difficult as i need AOE speical kill against those crowds. My team is too weak to tank them

I thought i can get some quick cash rewarded from CP to pull that "10 for 15" one to improve the team. But i guess it's better atm just to wait for daily reward. Man, it will be suck if i can't get any 5* from it, as i pretty much will hit the wall
Old 2014-09-09, 01:52   Link #50
SSVanDine

That's how overkill is calculated? I've been clueless all this time @_@
Old 2014-09-09, 02:35   Link #51
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Mmm‚ No I just wasn't over killing every single mob and or I wouldn't get the special kill bonus.

But now I can get at least 17-18 CP reliably .'.'.

I don't mind not receiving a good amount of exp from 3-4‚ the CP gain and interaction between characters makes me enough exp anyways. And I receive plenty of cards to feed my characters with.

Like Larethian said ‚ the despair of tackling higher BP consuming missions and then losing is just too great to bear. (Personally) Even if I do complete them by some miracle my poor performance will usually net me 1-2 CP at best after a narrow escape from failure.

No for now I'm content with bidding my time and building up a small amount of strength while I wait for more opportunities to gacha.
Old 2014-09-09, 02:56   Link #52
larethian

I guess there will be people hating me for sharing so much info to level the playing field. But I believe more people can enjoy the game if they have fun and can succeed in it and with more people playing, it will be more fun and there will be more to discuss.

Quote:
That's how overkill is calculated? I've been clueless all this time @_@
Just my speculation

Quote:
What do you means by 4 from Super/Special finish?

So you only can get CP from overkill? Yeah it gonna be too difficult as i need AOE speical kill against those crowds. My team is too weak to tank them

I thought i can get some quick cash rewarded from CP to pull that "10 for 15" one to improve the team. But i guess it's better atm just to wait for daily reward. Man, it will be suck if i can't get any 5* from it, as i pretty much will hit the wall
You get bonus CPs by finishing a stage with a Special (ie, using your gauge and flicking the character whose special you want to use). In stages with multiple waves, it only applies to the last wave. For all stages in mission 3, you get 4 bonus CPs for doing a Special finish (HIssatsu Finish). For higher level missions (as well as higher level stages in practice room), you get more bonus CPs for doing a Special finish.

To illustrate this, I've uploaded an unlisted video (sound disabled) of me farming 3-4. I forgot to swap Honoka out for Erika as I was experimenting something in the morning. But I still managed the 21 CPs It's not 100% smooth since I used a high-res app-based screen recorder on phone rather than doing a video-out and recording on PC.
Since it's unlisted, only viewable by link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOG9...ature=youtu.be

Don't despair. 5 star and 6 star cards are definitely awesome but you don't need them to succeed in farming or clearing missions. At least not yet. I think I only have Miyuki's 5-star Miko card to date. There will be more chances if you are moderately active. There should be a new event/campaign next week
1 or 2-star cards are still good if you upgrade them (go for those with useful skills and high speeds). The good thing about them is that you have endless supply of them so you should just keep upgrading and maxing their damage without caring about skill level. Speed upgrades should happen every now and then if you are using same character cards with same (elemental) type as raw materials. I really regret using Mayaka skill cards for a Honoka 2-star cards, should have saved them for rarer cards.

New Tip: I noticed that in my ranked profile, it will show the leader of my current active deck, which made me conclude that this will be the case when I appear as a support character as well. And true enough, after swapping my leader to my strongest character+card, more people are using me for support and I'm getting more friend requests as well. This translates to more support points for the normal gachas (which I believe there is still an astronomical low chance to get super rare cards; at least I got 4 stars before)! So remember to swap your leader of active deck to your strongest character with strong and fast cards before going offline to farm support points.
Old 2014-09-09, 03:37   Link #53
SSVanDine

I don't think it's likely anyone will hate you: if it's about events, most players are Japanese anyway and will have their own sources.

It seems that really is how overkill is calculated.

(Also I really recommend that you get Shizuku or Juumonji so that you can use a good Shizuku supporter and speed up your 3-4 farming.)
Old 2014-09-09, 03:38   Link #54
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Oh, didn't know that you can target which card to attack...

And how fast you can attack (those gauge) only depend on speed?
Old 2014-09-09, 03:43   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
I don't think it's likely anyone will hate you: if it's about events, most players are Japanese anyway and will have their own sources.

It seems that really is how overkill is calculated.

(Also I really recommend that you get Shizuku or Juumonji so that you can use a good Shizuku supporter and speed up your 3-4 farming.)
I have tried pretty much all character combis; my character levels are more or less on par between 10 to 14. Problem is, Shizuku and Juumonji use AOE attacks which will mess up my chaining and overkills. Most important qualities in my farming strat is speed and damage, with a balanced type if possible. I can make do with only Blues and Reds though.

Quote:
Oh, didn't know that you can target which card to attack...

And how fast you can attack (those gauge) only depend on speed?
As far as I know, card speeds. I may need to go read the help pages again to see whether I missed anything.
Old 2014-09-09, 04:50   Link #56
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Welp. After some long painstaking hours of hard work I've finally connected to JP Google play and re-downloaded Mahouka from there.

Buuuuuuut I still can't make any purchases in game. Keep receiving the same error message I got when I just had it as an apk.

R.I.P. the dream
Old 2014-09-09, 05:58   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
Welp. After some long painstaking hours of hard work I've finally connected to JP Google play and re-downloaded Mahouka from there.

Buuuuuuut I still can't make any purchases in game. Keep receiving the same error message I got when I just had it as an apk.

R.I.P. the dream
I have posted a discussion in the social group on this.
Old 2014-09-09, 09:28   Link #58
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The 1st or the last Gacha, which one should we go for?

Like it seems the first have chance to get swimsuit character. But the rate to get rare card of the 3rd seems to be higher?
Old 2014-09-09, 09:42   Link #59
hyl
reading #hikaributts

That gatcha on the right is according to a wiki site somewhat like a starter gatcha and apparently gives you one card of every character (minus Miyuki and Tatsuya) with a rarity higher than 3*

http://lostzero.gamerch.com/%E3%82%B...83%81%E3%83%A3

I am not sure which of these gatcha will stay up longer, although i suspect that the swimsuit gatcha will likely rotate out earlier (by the end of the month)

edit: apparently the last gatcha also only stays up till the end of the month

I went for the newest gatcha and that gave me some nice cards

Quote:
Gimme some of that luck! I have a lot of 4 star cards ;_;
Why Mari level is so low compared to the rest? It seems like you are a Shizuku fan
Because Mari wasn't on my main team untill i got her 5* card
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 09:56   Link #60
larethian

Quote:
The 1st or the last Gacha, which one should we go for?

Like it seems the first have chance to get swimsuit character. But the rate to get rare card of the 3rd seems to be higher?
If you are talking about the premium gachas, you want to take both for the first time, as the first time is discounted for both the single gacha and 10-in-a-set gachas (1 stone and 15 stones respectively as compared to 3 stones and 27 stones respectively). Subsequently the 10-in-a-set gachas will be cheaper by 3 stones. As hyl mentioned, the first 10-in-a-set will be the 10 different characters less the Shibas at 3-star or greater.

The 3 swimsuit cards are limited period only and will only pop until the end of the month (you have until 1-Oct 1459:59 JST).

Chance-wise:
Miyuki swimsuit 02 (6 stars) : 1.2%
Honoka and Mari swimsuit 02 (5 stars): 4%

Others:
6-stars : 1.6%
5-stars : 3.1%
4-stars : 30.8%
3-stars : 59.3%

Hyl, do you understand that insane luck of yours now (at 3 rolls)?