AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Gurren-Lagann Characters Poll (Multiple Choice)
Simon 204 52.31%
Kamina 227 58.21%
Yoko 186 47.69%
Nia 128 32.82%
Rossiu 23 5.90%
Boota 72 18.46%
Leeron 39 10.00%
Dayakka 10 2.56%
Kittan 81 20.77%
Kiyoh 10 2.56%
Kinon 15 3.85%
Kiyal 30 7.69%
Gimmy 15 3.85%
Darry 49 12.56%
Viral 164 42.05%
Thymilph 3 0.77%
Adiane 21 5.38%
Cytomander 4 1.03%
Guame 10 2.56%
Lord Genome 68 17.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 17:40   Link #41
Lakkam

Lord Genome and Viral!

Basically the ultra cool baddasses of the anime but still spiral warriors. Lord Genome is awesome in his Rasengann and rocks hard in episode 27. Ho and Viral is eternal.

Of course I do like the other chars (who doesn't like Kamina?) but i prefer voting for the two other one.
Old 2008-08-16, 17:09   Link #42
LotusGenie13

I voted for Yoko. She was the action girl of the show and could kick quite a bit of butt on her own. Although I liked Kamina and Simon's hothead antics, I found myself identifying with Rosseau. In the end, the only thing I can say to all the Rosseau haters is that Rosseau was, like the Anti-spirals and Lord Genome, a man with noble goals who made the wrong choices. Perhaps if he had trusted Simon more he would be better liked. (Like, say, if he just happened to "accidentally" forget to assign a guard to Simon's cell because the increased focus on dealing with the anti-spirals)
Old 2008-08-17, 14:59   Link #43
NormalMar

Simon's my favorite, but honestly I love all the characters =)
Old 2008-12-20, 22:05   Link #44
Oni leader

Kamina and Yoko! The crazy dude with passionate speeches and reckless attitudes and the hot chick with a freaking rifle! They ought to have appeared more - specially Kamina! They were the best anime couple ever!
Old 2008-12-22, 16:21   Link #45
SnowCrasher

I must say that Leeron is underrated due to his... "personal taste" lol
However! Whatever will Gurren-dan do without him?! He's a genius!!! He's the brain behind the whole thing!
Also, even though she's not on the list... I love Reite. <3 She's so cool~~ why did she have to lose Makken... T-T

Other favorites include Boota, Viral, Lordgenome, Kamina and Simon.
Old 2009-02-06, 23:25   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This may be the only series I know where the top three faves are the guys. G-L is a series by boys and for boys, I suppose - in a good way. Good clean fun and not much messy emo...
Old 2009-02-10, 21:44   Link #47
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni leader View Post
Kamina and Yoko! The crazy dude with passionate speeches and reckless attitudes and the hot chick with a freaking rifle! They ought to have appeared more - specially Kamina! They were the best anime couple ever!
Even though Gainax shipped em, I was always hoping for YokoxSimon, even when nia appeared, I was hoping and then it was like they pulled a sunrise and paired her with kittan!!! WTF. I mean i really like kittan and all but pairing him with yoko was just agony.
Old 2009-02-13, 11:58   Link #48
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Even though Gainax shipped em, I was always hoping for YokoxSimon, even when nia appeared, I was hoping and then it was like they pulled a sunrise and paired her with kittan!!! WTF. I mean i really like kittan and all but pairing him with yoko was just agony.
Well, it is not like Yoko liked Kittan back {certainly not to the same degree at least}, it was more of one-sided and Kittan expressing his real feelings before he embarked on his journey to death. Anyway, this is not the thread about it.

Having just recently finished Lagann {so late to the party lulz} i can safely say that i like most of the Lagann charas, however i only voted for the three super-favorites of mine:

1. Simon -- He had an amazing development, from a shy boy to strong-willed man. Each epi, i just loved him more.
2. Kamina -- The fact, that a chara dies quite easily in the series and still having a huge impact on certain characters development on the show, has got to mean something. The guy was just epic, his speeches, his ideals, he led the way.
3.Yoko -- She kinda striked me like the lead-female from the beginning and i always like the Tifa-type girls. {without this meaning, that i do not like Nia-charas, just the first ones are more my cup of tea.}
Old 2009-02-15, 07:19   Link #49
Nosauz

the thing is in the end when their trapped in the dream reality of intelligent beings, its clear that some of them are expierencing a sweet dream, this brought up by Viral, who I think is probably one of the coolest villan turn good guy. Which implies to some degree that yoko wanted something with kitan, because of the whole wedding thing inside the tv. But then again the fact that kamina is holding the tv also implies something, so its a bit confusing which way the direction was pointing. Also with most of the other characters, they were all living in the dream world they created for themselves. On the note of nia, I would say I really like her, but I the same as you felt that yoko always felt like the main girl, even after teh time skip.
Old 2009-02-15, 09:05   Link #50
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
the thing is in the end when their trapped in the dream reality of intelligent beings, its clear that some of them are expierencing a sweet dream, this brought up by Viral, who I think is probably one of the coolest villan turn good guy. Which implies to some degree that yoko wanted something with kitan, because of the whole wedding thing inside the tv. But then again the fact that kamina is holding the tv also implies something, so its a bit confusing which way the direction was pointing. Also with most of the other characters, they were all living in the dream world they created for themselves. On the note of nia, I would say I really like her, but I the same as you felt that yoko always felt like the main girl, even after teh time skip.

I think it is more of a different-personas-conflict. The fact that Kamina only "appeared" to Simon and Yoko speaks volumes to me. {and besides, wasn't there an event with the creators of the show after the series ended, where someone said in response to the marriage-question, that they had to be discrete about showing Kamina and those two {Kamina and Yoko} would not be happy getting married traditionally 8DD}

Nia was the character that mostly helped Simon to get out of his despair after Kamina's loss and she was really a nice character. She had an essential role and good development. I like her a lot, i just prefer Yoko a bit more. |DD;

Last edited by incorrupts; 2009-02-15 at 10:24.
Old 2009-02-18, 13:44   Link #51
Yokai

Simon, Kittan, Kamina, Viral, Adiane, Guame, Nia.

Simon is probably my favorite character. He is just so cool at the end of the show!

I would have said Yoko, but I just feel her presence to be just a fan-pleaser. She didn't have enough depth as a character for me. I like EVERY character in this show though.
Old 2009-02-21, 11:03   Link #52
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
No Anti-Spiral option?
Old 2009-02-24, 06:10   Link #53
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This may be the only series I know where the top three faves are the guys. G-L is a series by boys and for boys, I suppose - in a good way. Good clean fun and not much messy emo...
Yeah, GL and also Death Note are probably the only series I know that the top 3 people are guys.

Which also makes me wonder why do male characters have to be so perfect like the ones in GL to be liked by the fanbase? Anyway, just a thought...
Old 2009-04-05, 15:25   Link #54
Nya_Chan
Proud Fujoshi

Viral.

Because he's so goddamn hot, and I think he's just so badass, even when he was an enemy.

His fighting skills are also epic.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:41   Link #55
BlueDo

Kamina easily.
Manliest guy I'll ever see.
Gives the most inspirational speeches.

Simon:
His growth was the more important part of the show.
Episode 11 will remain the best one.
Old 2009-04-06, 05:02   Link #56
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Kittan(THE TRUE HERO OF THE SERIES) and Lord Genome.
Old 2009-09-11, 05:31   Link #57
hojo
Viral love <3

Vote for Viral, in fact I love all characters in this lovely anime but if I have to choose one. That would be Viral.

Last edited by hojo; 2009-09-11 at 06:16.
Old 2009-09-12, 09:51   Link #58
Kanish

Voted for Kamina, Viral and Leeron. Kamina for obvious reasons. Viral because he was so gruff and comically bad-ass. Leeron for the way he teases Gimmy.
Old 2009-09-13, 00:57   Link #59
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Kamina.

The dude just completely steals the show, even well after his passing. Inspirational speeches, completely idiotc yet hilarious combat ideas (smashing Lagann into Gurren to give the machine two heads, just to prove a point), and simply being one of the most badass anime characters I've ever seen.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Old 2009-09-18, 05:37   Link #60
User91411
Disabled By Request

I like all the characters, but Simon, Kamina (no one can match his GARness, no one!), Yoko, Boota (legend), Leeron (homo-sama!) and Viral are my top picks. I just wish Kamina could have existed in real life, oh the manliness he could have spread.
Closed Thread