AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-10, 18:30   Link #281
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Uh I thought that the fact that Shanks lost one arm didn't affect his power ?
Old 2009-08-10, 21:17   Link #282
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post

We know that him and Shanks used to be rivals. It would appear that somewhere along the line, Mihawk surpassed him and became world renowned. The thing that holds me up over that, however, is the fact that Mihawk is a Shichibukai. If he's as powerful as/more powerful than a Yonkou, why stay a Shichibukai. Why not rival the rest of the Yonkou, and to hell with the WG? A couple of things lend to this, imo, and you're free to disagree, but, first: when he came to Shanks to bring him news of Luffy's coming, Shanks said 'you come to challenge me?' If Mihawk was better, wouldn't the one expected to put the challenge forth be Shanks? Also, the way I read Mihawk's statement in the last chapter about Whitebeard indicated to me that there's quite a ways between them.
You can't compare abilites to characteristics. Mihawk doesn't really seem to care about much in my opinion from the way he's been portrayed. Just because he chooses to be a Shichibukai doesn't mean that he isn't powerful enough to be on his own. Truth is we know very little about him, but we do know that he puts more effort into being a Swordsman that anything else. Mihawk and Shanks were rivals, but that ended after Shanks lost his arm. That seems to indicate that Mihawk has some form of chivalry and honor.

As for his attack being deflected, big deal...
Old 2009-08-11, 00:58   Link #283
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

does anyone know if that hyena zoan was garp or some other va?
Old 2009-08-11, 04:22   Link #284
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
And the only reason why the "What went wrong with Bleach" thread extended to 19 pages with 350 posts and 19k+ views is cause Phenomenal was schooling everyone in there on Bleach's story points. Proving why it's bad reading by the fandom and not bad writing. So, naturally, many would attend my class.
That's really interesting way of looking at it.
Old 2009-08-11, 12:45   Link #285
Battler-kun

Shanks is just a bit stronger than Mihawk (even now with only one arm).

That's my guess.

And hopefully this will be confirmed by Oda showing it.

Remember Shanks entering the ship and equaled the power of WhiteBeard?

I guess Mihawk will be pushed back in a similar scene then.

Last edited by Battler-kun; 2009-08-11 at 13:02.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:32   Link #286
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I found an awesome coloured version of the final pages of the chapter of Marco & Kizaru:

http://ryukai-san.deviantart.com/art...6-17-132957814

He looks so much more awesome in colour.
Old 2009-08-11, 14:34   Link #287
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Shanks is just a bit stronger than Mihawk (even now with only one arm).

That's my guess..
Can't be, it isn't consistent with the story. Shanks with his Haki and sword at best rivaled Mihawk. Mihawk isn't even interested in Shanks anymore he is more interested in Zoro and even Whitebeard at the moment.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:25   Link #288
andy

Quote:
Can't be, it isn't consistent with the story. Shanks with his Haki and sword at best rivaled Mihawk. Mihawk isn't even interested in Shanks anymore he is more interested in Zoro and even Whitebeard at the moment.
Him being stronger than mihawk would be consistent , there's nothing so far to say he is weaker or stronger than mihawk . All we know is shanks and mihawk used to fight . They stop cause shanks lost a arm . Mihawk became a warlord and shanks became one of the four kings of the new world.

If mihawk is stronger or weaker than shanks it would still make sense either way . You can't say shanks with his haki and sword at best rival mihawk cause they stop fighting ten years ago.( for all we know he got better at haki cause he lost a arm ) Plus we have no idea what haki can really do. Not like it would really matter cause mihawk it not going fight shanks no matter how strong he is cause he lost a arm .

All we know for certain is that used to fight and there was never a clear winner .
Old 2009-08-11, 15:34   Link #289
AnbuItachi

whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. does that mean hes stronger than the strongest woman?
Old 2009-08-11, 15:45   Link #290
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Yeah. Long story short, Mihawk and Shanks are both strong. Which one is stronger is as of yet unclear, and it's hasty to say with certainty that it's Mihawk. The rivalry was never decided decisively, since Mihawk lost interest after Shanks lost his arm, so there's even less reason to assert that Mihawk is the superior.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:45   Link #291
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. does that mean hes stronger than the strongest woman?
Is this a serious question ? hhhmm

Well if it is i would say yes he stronger than the strongest woman in the world .
Old 2009-08-11, 15:46   Link #292
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Despite the fact we don't know who the strongest woman is, the answer would still be yes. WB is the strongest person in the OP world at the current point in the storyline.
Old 2009-08-11, 19:19   Link #293
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Despite the fact we don't know who the strongest woman is, the answer would still be yes. WB is the strongest person in the OP world at the current point in the storyline.
I would think since Hancock is called the Pirate Empress that shes the strongest.
Could be wrong though.

Just because a person is Shichibukai doesn't really mean that they're weaker in than strength. Actually the fact that the World Government got these individuals together to balance out the strength of the Yonkou (collectively) says a lot. Mihawk being equal (or possibly stronger) to a Yonkou, and Blackbeard being dangerous enough to give both Shanks and Whitebeard (the strongest man on the seas) bad vibes when they think about his strength. Those 2 facts alone, since we don't know much about the other Shichibukai's background, says that the caliber of each Shichibukai varies. So saying that because Mihawk is a Shichibukai somehow means he's weaker than a Yonkou is a weak statement. As we have seen, some Pirates take the title of Shichibukai to be free from hassle, all the Shichibukai seem to able to do whatever the hell they want without repercussions for their crimes. Crocodile was using the title of Shichibukai to acquire a weapon to a launch a war against the entirety of the World Government. Based on how things were when Luffy arrived, I think we can say he would exceedingly more dangerous, possibly equal to Dragon considering the actual goal, if Luffy wouldn't have arrived. So the title of Shichibukai doesn't mean anything when comparing strength and abilty. I like Mihawk, but I wouldn't dare go as far as saying he's the 2nd strongest character. He's in the Top 15 though. As far as who's stronger between Shanks and Mihawk, since Mihawk is called the WORLD'S STRONGEST SWORDSMAN, I would think its Mihawk. So its either more to the story or Shanks isn't a swordsman (primarily)

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-08-11 at 19:49.
Old 2009-08-11, 21:55   Link #294
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
this is actually highly unlikely, either of the three vice admirals could probably match whitebeard and lets not exclude ace because of his gol d roger blood, which i'll basically call it what it is which is an infinite power up
Old 2009-08-11, 22:10   Link #295
james0246

^You mean Admirals, right?
Old 2009-08-11, 23:12   Link #296
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
this is actually highly unlikely, either of the three vice admirals could probably match whitebeard and lets not exclude ace because of his gol d roger blood, which i'll basically call it what it is which is an infinite power up
Does not matter right now, in the OP world the strongest person in world is WB until some thing happens. That is his title ,unless your saying Oda is wrong .
Old 2009-08-11, 23:14   Link #297
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
if I recall correctly japanese has very specific words for male, female and human/person. and for WB it was the strongest "human/person"

The line between whether it's human or person is blurred though. Whether it includes semi-humans, cross breeds and other types of beings is unclear. I'm bringing this up because in manga often times you will have the strongest human challenging the strongest demon/merfolk/angel/hobbit/etc.
Old 2009-08-12, 00:04   Link #298
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I wonder how Ace matched up against Marco... interesting battle.
Old 2009-08-12, 04:45   Link #299
Battler-kun

Quote:
Why can't be?

That's my guess, as i stated!
Unless you work for Oda, you also do know nothing about the besides interprete and guessing behind the scenes.

Spoiler for ....:

We will see. I will remind you later of this issue if it is solved by then.
Old 2009-08-12, 04:56   Link #300
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
I wonder how Ace matched up against Marco... interesting battle.
If he is really gas, the bastard must be damn lucky for fighting such lucky logias that will ignite him all the time.Rest can be easily taken out by Magellan/Smoker style gas moves.But if he is not, then its another story.
Closed Thread