AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 12:47   Link #2521
Exthiel
A Romaticist

From how I see it the whole harem and Tigre is dense thing isn't that simple you know. Tigre is from Brune and the Vanadis answer to the king of Zchted. If Tigre and Ellen pursued a relationship, the king, who is already a paranoid old coot, can declare war by accusing Tigre of seducing one of their super weapons. They know this so no harem for now.
Exthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:53   Link #2522
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthiel View Post
From how I see it the whole harem and Tigre is dense thing isn't that simple you know. Tigre is from Brune and the Vanadis answer to the king of Zchted. If Tigre and Ellen pursued a relationship, the king, who is already a paranoid old coot, can declare war by accusing Tigre of seducing one of their super weapons. They know this so no harem for now.
Actually, on a second thought, what if Ellen step down from being a Vandris?

Remember, the weapon decide if a girl is no longer worthy. Mira's Mom clearly had sex with somebody to pop Mira out, and I think Liz or Val might be inherited as well.

One could argue the weapons would be Emailed back to Ztched if Ellen is on maternity leave and have her address changed to Imperial Place of Brune.
Old 2013-08-06, 13:33   Link #2523
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post

Remember, the weapon decide if a girl is no longer worthy. Mira's Mom clearly had sex with somebody to pop Mira out, and I think Liz or Val might be inherited as well.

One could argue the weapons would be Emailed back to Ztched if Ellen is on maternity leave and have her address changed to Imperial Place of Brune.
actually being a Vannadis is similar to being a queen's blade... err in a sense that the Vannadis came from different walks of life and that they are not inherited by blood but you can argue that they are the best at what they do at such as Ellen and Elizaveta were both orphans if I remembered correctly
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 13:56   Link #2524
noobarta

Quote:

Hmm not too sure about that, Ellen may seem chidlish but she also values loyalty. I don't think she would just step down so easily. If it came down to it, she may as well kidnap Tigre XD

It's fully possible for Ellen to "visit" other countries while still being a vanadis, but if she abandons her responsibilities then most likely the Viralt will leave her. Sasha is a rare case where the Viralt chose to stay with her, but there's also the fact that Sasha is still fairly battle competent and remains in Zchted.

On a sidenote- I realized something after Tigre fought that demon giant aka Torbalan, he mentioned that '『I'm different from the others, you know? Please die, the "bow"!』 "

and before that Vodyanoy was ordered to kidnap him. They also mentioned how there was a danger in letting Tigre gain too much experience and eventually mastering the bow.

This makes me think that among the demon group there are two groups.

One that wants to possibly kidnap Tigre and study/use the bow(If I follow the standard type of plots then maybe use it to break some sort of "seal". Maybe in those murals with the goddesses vs the three headed dragon, rather than being defeated it was merely sealed? I mean, trying to free their lord/apocalyptic monster to conquer the world is pretty standard)

The second group could be conservatives, or demons who are satisfied with their lives right now and don't want any change. Just hunting/killing humans on their off times.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:13   Link #2525
cutieteen97

errr can she really step down from a position which people only exit from death due to being chosen by the viralt?
cutieteen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:14   Link #2526
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
actually being a Vannadis is similar to being a queen's blade... err in a sense that the Vannadis came from different walks of life and that they are not inherited by blood but you can argue that they are the best at what they do at such as Ellen and Elizaveta were both orphans if I remembered correctly
Elizaveta was a nobles daughter, her father was corrupt and Ellen dealt with him which is why Elizaveta was causing trouble with Sasha to get at Ellen.

The postions aren't hereditary and the Vanadis have different backgrounds Ellen been a mercenary for example. With the postions been non-hereditary I don't really think they'd be any major problems with a Vanadis taking who ever she wants as a husband within reason.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:49   Link #2527
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutieteen97 View Post
errr can she really step down from a position which people only exit from death due to being chosen by the viralt?
It's not always a duty until death, it was mentioned that some Viralt just abandoned their Vanadis when they no longer deem they worthy of being one. It could be death, illness, with Sasha being the execption so far, or other reasons.
If Ellen started acting in a way not befitting a Vanadis, there is a chance Arifal will choose a new Vanadis in her stead, so she can 'voluntarily' step down so to say.
Old 2013-08-06, 15:53   Link #2528
Exthiel
A Romaticist

Well the point is the main reason why Tigre and Ellen can't be together yet is because of a strong sense of duty, unlike other fantasy harem. Both are loyal to their respective country and even Tigre went out of his way to stop a civil war because of his sense of duty.

I just hope that they can mange to come up to a nice solution outside, you know, killing the King of Zchted and becoming king.

Unless it's the only choice.
Exthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 18:14   Link #2529
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Elizaveta was a nobles daughter, her father was corrupt and Ellen dealt with him which is why Elizaveta was causing trouble with Sasha to get at Ellen.

The postions aren't hereditary and the Vanadis have different backgrounds Ellen been a mercenary for example. With the postions been non-hereditary I don't really think they'd be any major problems with a Vanadis taking who ever she wants as a husband within reason.
It's less about heredity and more about how the Vanadis are granted power and authority and prestige. The instant devotion that the citizens give them mean they can't just sully the image. Furthermore, they can't indicate that they might be influenced by someone with plans against Zchted.

Basically, once they became Vanadis, they were elevated to "holy maiden," and you know how people treat those. Look at Japan's AKB48, or voice actresses, and look at how the fanboys react when they go into a relationship.

Now look at the current Vanadis: 7 women (6 in their prime, hormone-addled ages) and NO LOVERS publicly. Clearly, they have an image to maintain.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:21   Link #2530
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:

I swear that upon reading this, I nearly laughed my ass off at how Xin describes the pregnant(s) and how to get viralts back to zhcted. But it is quite true. Considering at the the end of vol7 about Ellen's current condition. Ellen is ... Quite traumatized now to say the least. One worse case scenario for her is that Tigre is never coming back to her(we know that's not gonna happen. He's definitely coming back) and Sasha is pushing her body in fighting with the pirate fleet... Man... Viralts sure are picky. They don't want have entire team full of lolis and yet they choose to kill of big boobed ladies D=

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:37   Link #2531
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Oh no no no no .... Once Ellen takes Tigre as husband, or even anyone does, they would incur the wrath of the rest of the vanadis who wants Tigre as well . That's probably the case here lol

Edit: that's probably only for Tigre though. But as said before , if the vanadis strays from the reason for which the viralt had chosen her for, then who knows what might happen since they themselves don't know why they were chosen in the first place. In this case , marriage could probably provide an instant kill to the vanadis, making her drop out from her vanadis status and possibly even death

Old 2013-08-06, 21:03   Link #2532
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
Oh no no no no .... Once Ellen takes Tigre as husband, or even anyone does, they would incur the wrath of the rest of the vanadis who wants Tigre as well . That's probably the case here lol

Edit: that's probably only for Tigre though. But as said before , if the vanadis strays from the reason for which the viralt had chosen her for, then who knows what might happen since they themselves don't know why they were chosen in the first place. In this case , marriage could probably provide an instant kill to the vanadis, making her drop out from her vanadis status and possibly even death
Well, to be honest, this is pure speculation. Like most Harem LNs, it will end with a inconclusive note (like Tigre with the girls staring off to the sunset of a battle), Ellen victory, or the author got bored/died/series killed by publishers.

If this was a realistic style story, at this point, I am sure at least one of the girl should be expecting. But this is PG storyline, not one of those adult hentai LNs.
Old 2013-08-06, 21:08   Link #2533
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Well, to be honest, this is pure speculation. Like most Harem LNs, it will end with a inconclusive note (like Tigre with the girls staring off to the sunset of a battle), Ellen victory, or the author got bored/died/series killed by publishers.

If this was a realistic style story, at this point, I am sure at least one of the girl should be expecting. But this is PG storyline, not one of those adult hentai LNs.
That's true. Well , those are the most prominent speculation in terms of romance IMO by who knows?

Old 2013-08-07, 00:29   Link #2534
tiatiu

sorry just want to ask is no one translating the novel now?
tiatiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 00:36   Link #2535
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Setsuna is tling chapter 1 so we just got to be patient & wait...well even though I said that I have been refreshing blade dance page every 10 mins all day, time for bed -_- lol.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:59   Link #2536
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-...ed=0CDAQ8gEwAA

would it be safe to assume assaver is britin ,
Zchted is germany (put it into a transator and it seemed to have detected that its german(but couldnt find any word) )
brune being france
and monzele (idc if i spelled that correctly ) in my mind keeps making me think the Persians (300)
Old 2013-08-07, 02:42   Link #2537
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-...ed=0CDAQ8gEwAA

would it be safe to assume assaver is britin ,
Zchted is germany (put it into a transator and it seemed to have detected that its german(but couldnt find any word) )
brune being france
and monzele (idc if i spelled that correctly ) in my mind keeps making me think the Persians (300)
No, they are all penises.
Old 2013-08-07, 02:47   Link #2538
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post

Mira especially will be triggered first because both Ellen and Mira always fighting all the time they met but consider that Alsace already under Zchted's control (As mentioned that Tigre was a POW back then) since the invasion of Zion Thenadier which mean Tigre can be a local of Zchted because Alsace now is on Ellen's hands but Tigre got two jobs here, one as Ellen's Elite Commanding Officer besides Rim and also Lord of Alsace. Note that Ellen currently got two Elite Commanding Officer right now which was Tigre and Rim (Rim as Ellen's adjudant and Tigre as Ranger's CO, note that Rurik already submits as Tigre's Subordinate after Dinant war because of Tigre's skill)

Or their might be a chance there is another Viralt that was not mentioned on the history book, Tigre's Black Bow can synchronize with Ellen's Arifar. I wonder if Tigre's Black Bow can synchronize with other Viralt...
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 04:16   Link #2539
Awrya
U mad?

It was also already shown to synchronize with Sophie's, Mira's and Olga's, extremely likely the same will happen with the other three.
Gotta catch 'em all.
Old 2013-08-07, 04:32   Link #2540
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Mira especially will be triggered first because both Ellen and Mira always fighting all the time they met but consider that Alsace already under Zchted's control (As mentioned that Tigre was a POW back then) since the invasion of Zion Thenadier which mean Tigre can be a local of Zchted because Alsace now is on Ellen's hands but Tigre got two jobs here, one as Ellen's Elite Commanding Officer besides Rim and also Lord of Alsace. Note that Ellen currently got two Elite Commanding Officer right now which was Tigre and Rim (Rim as Ellen's adjudant and Tigre as Ranger's CO, note that Rurik already submits as Tigre's Subordinate after Dinant war because of Tigre's skill)

Or their might be a chance there is another Viralt that was not mentioned on the history book, Tigre's Black Bow can synchronize with Ellen's Arifar. I wonder if Tigre's Black Bow can synchronize with other Viralt...
Alsace actually wasn't ceded to Zchted at the end of the war so that it wouldn't fall under the king of Zchted's control. It's being jointly controlled now by both Regin and Ellen as a show of good faith under the current armistice, but it remains a part of Brune. As such, Tigre retains only his POW status for the next two and a half years.

Given how precise the lore is surrounding the formation of Zchted(which I think was only a few hundred years ago in the timeline), it is improbable that the bow is merely another Viralt. Additionally, the few clues we've been give about it all point to it belonging to a much older set of mythology. The bow itself seems to have a property of absorbing any nearby powers when it has shot. So far it has taken power from Ellen individually on several occasions, both Ellen and Sophie at the same time in Volume 3, Mira in Volume 4, and Olga and Tigre's own previously shot arrow in Volume 6.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)