AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 06:12   Link #1
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

[Manga] Your opinion about Naruto so far

Well something completly new this has nothing to do with who is stronger or who is weaker. The main question here is: What is your opinion about the series Naruto?
Followed by the question: Is Sasuke's revenge that important in the story?

For those who like to read alot ....Naruto was in the beginning about doing missions for both money and respect to the village they represent.
The mission where they met Zabuza & Haku was a good arc. To me a real mission loaded with things such as rivalry (training), comedy (Naruto being stupid), romance (Naruto->Haku), drama (Haku's death, Zabuza/Naruto crying)

After this came the Chuunin Exam ofcourse...important to find out how shinobi improved or got promoted. The Jounin rank promotion still remains a mystery though...I'd say the invasion + entire Chuunin Exam was excellent... and fitting the story.

Anyway so far the recent missions of Naruto are pretty much linked with either Akatsuki or Sasuke all the time. Also i got the feeling that Kishimoto rushed things quite alot.. i mean the increase in strenght/skill from all main characters is almost 3-5 times 3 years ago and as a result they seem one of the most skilled shinobi in Naruto already.

Take Shikamaru for example...Sakura...even the Legendary Sannin are beginning to look pathetic in front of them.

So my question is what is your opinion on this?

(I wont stretch things much further so in spoiler tags my opinion)
Spoiler for my opinion:
Old 2007-04-07, 06:20   Link #2
SpiRo
Banned

It is not only Kishimoto and Naruto it is in every movie, book, serie, comic whatever ..

Start is always most interesting becouse u meet characters and story is developing .. then how story goes it is less and less interesting becouse it is almost u know how it will finish and there is nothing that will surprise u ..
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 16:36   Link #3
XTC
what makes YOU perfect?

I kind of agree with spiro'
but kishi can make things more interesting, this story has a lot of potential or else ppl wouldnt be complaining about how crappy the story is, they just wouldnt care.

@Johnny 5

well it's true that sasukes story wasn't THE main plot of the story, it was always a PART of it, just like sasuke is a part of naruto. many were interested to how sasuke will avenge his clan. but now, i think people are just a little irritatated that narutos(the character) plot isnt moving anywhere from facing the Akatsuki and learning new jutsu that he cant use
XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 17:35   Link #4
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well i think the actual battle experience that the past Hokages have...plus fighting within a Ninja War is probably something Naruto will never learn or obtain.

If people were to ask him how did you become Hokage he'd answer: My best friend...i chased him all over the world and eventually we became friends again...and when i got back i was 10 years older and faced him 5x and many others.

What i mean is that....this story has so many options so many potential to amaze or suprise us. It is like you 2 mentioned to be expected that a mission/arc will be completed.

The Chuunin exam was aborted/cancelled which was great. That should happen more...things cant always go as you want to.. The Sannin....they should have enemies who are their rivals aswell (from other villages) Chiyoo for example was one (too old) who faced one of them.

There are soo many things that you can come up with...to change the story into something completly unexpected.
Old 2007-04-07, 17:58   Link #5
XTC
what makes YOU perfect?

very tru about the whole chasing sasuke part. but to be honest. who can they go to war with? sand is there friend now, sound is leaderless, we kno little to nothing about mist except for there swordsmen, and the other countries, even less. enimies of the sananin? interesting, but considering how strong and old they are, they've all either died from old age or killed in battle.
XTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 18:01   Link #6
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
It is not only Kishimoto and Naruto it is in every movie, book, serie, comic whatever ..

Start is always most interesting becouse u meet characters and story is developing .. then how story goes it is less and less interesting becouse it is almost u know how it will finish and there is nothing that will surprise u ..
I dunno what bookss / movies / comic series you've been reading or watching ... but any of them that is predictable enough for me to tell you whats going on ahead of time doesnt classify as entertainment. Its just trash.

Kish is consistently putting out trash lately. Thats my opinion. Everyone has their own agenda and beef in the manga. Every side character gets their problem solved in a chapter. ATM the whole series actually revolves around Sasuke's attempt to get revenge. WTF.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 03:42   Link #7
Nerd Saga

Send a message via AIM to Nerd Saga
I'm going to have to say that i agree with the idea of bringing an aspect of stealth and actual ninja activity back into the story instead of blatent battles & monsterous power ups and sacrifices of characters (ie. oro. in all appearances at the moment) for the sake of rushing a story. I don't get the same sense that naruto would be able to overpower/kill a weakened jiyara*sp at the moment. it feels like the pacing is off and i don't see what naruto learned to do while spending all this time (2.5 yrs) training. I don't see how he's going to be able to stand against sasuke let alone any member of atasuki...

The way i see the manga playing out in the near future is this: a battle btwn sasuke & co. vs. tachi & co. but before that they'll subdue juugo and have another member on the team (i think he'll be able to supress any negative effects the cs has on sasuke during his battle with itachi). now they'll be a 4 man team, i assume that they'd be on their way to take on itachi & co. maybe run into naruto & co on their way to the same target, fight insues (reason for the girls on the team to do something, i'd like to see how sakura would take on karin, showcase skill levels of naruto/sasuke, fight become friends, end up joining forces for final battle btwn atasuki. and from there i'm lost to how the series will go. By then I doubt naruto would be named hokage.
Nerd Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:39   Link #8
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I feel that a lot of people have lost faith in Kishimoto too early. When comparing Part I to Part II, Part II may not pass the popularity contest. In my opinion, everything has actually flowed together, which makes me not lose hope in what Kishi is doing. Looking back at how things connect, I will show how everything connects:

(1) Naruto's introduction flows into the (2) Zabuza Arc due to Team 7 asking for harder missions and that old man putting out a false ranked mission.

(2) Zabuza Arc flows into the (3) Chunnin Exam (Forest) due to the introduction to the Sand Siblings when Naruto and company came back from (2).

And etc...

That's why I think people do not like Part II as much, because in Part II, there has been NO CONNECTION whatsoever! Nothing in Part II flows into another arc. Part I just seemed to make sense because at the end of each arc, a remnant for the next arc is seen. Part II's lack of connection is something like:

(1) Rescue Gaara Arc's ending is Chiyoo dying, but Sai is just placed into a forced Sai/Sasuke arc.

So in other words, arcs are forced in Part II. They did it with Sai, Karin, Sai's master, Juugo, Seigetsu, etc. Kishi's flow into new arcs nowadays is: "Oh, let's just add a brand new character that makes readers say, 'Who the f*** is that?'".

When you look at it in that aspect, Part II is inferior, but not a lost cause. We have so much character development in Naruto's character that I personally feel that to have a great rival, you may need just as much with them. Sasuke's character had a purpose and a goal, but now, we are getting some key development that HOPEFULLY will be beneficial for Naruto and Sasuke's final fight. There was absolutely no movement in Sasuke's character up into the part we meet Yamato and Sai. Sasuke pops up and then disappears up until now.

I am saving my "Kishi failed" comments until after I see where he's going with this.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 07:54   Link #9
tatami
back in black

my opinion is naruto became much of a kids stuff near avatar the airbender stuff,recently started to watch death note and realised that naruto is really became kids stuff lately...(anime of course)
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:29   Link #10
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
very tru about the whole chasing sasuke part. but to be honest. who can they go to war with? sand is there friend now, sound is leaderless, we kno little to nothing about mist except for there swordsmen, and the other countries, even less. enimies of the sananin? interesting, but considering how strong and old they are, they've all either died from old age or killed in battle.
Didn't the mist kill all their shinobi's?, so they wouldn't even have anything to fight with.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:30   Link #11
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Guys be patient, i think we should stop reading manga or watching the anime for about 6 months and see it after that. It is too early to be judging the anime.
The first 7-8 episodes of Naruto part 1 were boring, we cannot see action all the time, we also nee to see the events leading to action.

The are 2 problems : people who watch the anime now have already read the manga and that spoils everything, or people haven't read the manga and watching the anime for the first time and the problem is that 2 episodes every two weeks is not enough at all.

I watched the invasion of konoha arc all at once, i can't imagine watching that arc one episode every week i will get very bored.As for Naruto he is getting really strong and he would do ogreat in any battle after that.

A lot of people think of him as a loser and that he should not have been the main charecter, everyone is making progress while his progress harms him. that is normal he is the main charecter and he should be sufferring for the sake of his dream and to get strong, also as far as he is harming himself he is making so much fast progress.

As for Sasuke's revenge it is very important to the story, since epi 3 in the anime Sasuke said he wanted to kill someone, if it wasn't for the sake of his revenge he would'nt have gone to Oro, if he hadn't gone to Orochimaru he wouldn't have become stronger like he is now plus that there is sth about the Uchiha clan that we don't know yet (Itachi told Sasuke to read the secret in the temple)

Death note is so cool and is about being smart but believe me it is the most boring anime as the events are so slow and also they are kind of insulting our intelligence (of all the people L has met and of all the people that would come to mind, he only insists that Light is Kira since the beginning of the anime even when Light lost his memory and couldn't remember anything about kira L is still convinced that Light is kira and appears to have not be confused at all, the idea of death note is cool but boring) sorry to go off topic about death note but naruto is way too better, Sharingan, Byakugan, Kage Bunshin, Rasengan, Magekyou, Genjutsu, Taijutsu , Sealing . Kishi is a genius to have come with all of this.
Thanks
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 08:46   Link #12
Ichimaru

this is what kishis been doing lately

Spoiler:
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 09:13   Link #13
SpiRo
Banned

I watched Anime all at once till shippuuden .. and for me it was interesting .. except fight with Naruto they r lame, they r all same, and there is always stupid talk .. geez.

For me first episodes were most fun and Chunin exem, then it started to be boring .. seeing how Konoha tards beat Sound 4 .. predictable .. then i got pissed of becouse i knew that no1 will die but i hoped they will all die (or atleast Choji and Neji) (Kimamaru vs Gaara/Lee is pathetic they should be killed).. lame

Then again started be interesting, becouse i didnt expect that Sasuke will kill so soon Oro, and now with Sasuke gathering team it is very interesting, watching new faces and watching new development ..

Last edited by SpiRo; 2007-04-08 at 09:25.
Old 2007-04-08, 09:20   Link #14
Rezard

Part II is not as bad as you guys are saying. Of course some battles were rushed, some deaths were stupid, the genin were overpowered, but part II was still fun. All Akatsuki villains were very cool, Naruto and Sasuke re encounter was fine and Naruto learning Fuuton ninjutsu was good.

Of course, Kishimoto made, in my opinion, many mistakes, such as making a powered rasengam that seems the same as the other, made the Genin too strong (Shika taking Hidan alone was too much), but there is hope, the latest manga shows us that Kishi might slow things a bit, which is best right now.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 09:51   Link #15
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard
Part II is not as bad as you guys are saying. Of course some battles were rushed, some deaths were stupid, the genin were overpowered, but part II was still fun. All Akatsuki villains were very cool, Naruto and Sasuke re encounter was fine and Naruto learning Fuuton ninjutsu was good.

Of course, Kishimoto made, in my opinion, many mistakes, such as making a powered rasengam that seems the same as the other, made the Genin too strong (Shika taking Hidan alone was too much), but there is hope, the latest manga shows us that Kishi might slow things a bit, which is best right now.
All the things that you named makes Part II as bad as we are saying.
Old 2007-04-08, 12:17   Link #16
tatami
back in black

by the way shika taking hidan is not too much ,hidan was dumb and shika is an IQ monster moreover shika was smart enough to analyze hidans speciality and make research and stuff...hidan was...dumb.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 12:48   Link #17
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
by the way shika taking hidan is not too much ,hidan was dumb and shika is an IQ monster moreover shika was smart enough to analyze hidans speciality and make research and stuff...hidan was...dumb.
He is dumb but then why is he in Akatsuki when Chunin can kill him without scratch ?!?

I mean who would take such moron ? And Akatsuki is soppose to be the best there is ? And if their member is killed by Chunin then wtf ?

Hidan kill Jinchuurikis easely but ehey there goes genius without any ninja skill beated ninja ..

I imagine now AL, ye guys we r the best .. but our immortal member got his as kicked by chunin, and other one got killed by genin jutsu, yes we cant kill 12 years old genins and chunins, but who care we r almighty, the best, and still we have high standards .. for joining our dream team u must kill genin in Konoha ftw ...
Old 2007-04-08, 13:00   Link #18
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
He is dumb but then why is he in Akatsuki when Chunin can kill him without scratch ?!?

I mean who would take such moron ? And Akatsuki is soppose to be the best there is ? And if their member is killed by Chunin then wtf ?

Hidan kill Jinchuurikis easely but ehey there goes genius without any ninja skill beated ninja ..

I imagine now AL, ye guys we r the best .. but our immortal member got his as kicked by chunin, and other one got killed by genin jutsu, yes we cant kill 12 years old genins and chunins, but who care we r almighty, the best, and still we have high standards .. for joining our dream team u must kill genin in Konoha ftw ...
I can answer that one! The misconception of Akatsuki's strength was basically due to fanboys. Remember, although Akatsuki are S-Class criminals, talent has nothing to do with smarts. I think there should be more research done on what makes an S-Class criminal an S-Class criminal to begin with. It was never said that Akatsuki was uber powerful; it was simply said they were dangerous.
Old 2007-04-08, 13:17   Link #19
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
I can answer that one! The misconception of Akatsuki's strength was basically due to fanboys. Remember, although Akatsuki are S-Class criminals, talent has nothing to do with smarts. I think there should be more research done on what makes an S-Class criminal an S-Class criminal to begin with. It was never said that Akatsuki was uber powerful; it was simply said they were dangerous.
rofl .. so if they r dangerous for Hokages, Kazekages, Jinchuurikis and Bijuus, they are not dangerous for genins ? Sorry then i miss understooded ..

I would say that S-class mean stronger then atleast genin and chunin. If its not then i miss understooded again.

Imagine Jiraiya get mission to kidnap genin or chunin and he got killed without making scratch on him
Old 2007-04-08, 14:48   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Like i mentioned before i will mention it again...i hope it makes us think about it.

In part I shinobi fought eachother from hidden places and with very sneaky attacks (needles, long ranged, invisible wires, henge no jutsu, genjutsu) in a way that you can attack without getting hit. Kakashi called Naruto an idiot because he fought people head on (fair and square according to Naruto's own words)

In part II EVERYONE (so far) fights his or her enemies head on.
Gaara - Deidara // Team Kakashi - Itachi // Team Gai - Kisame // Naruto - Orochimaru // Sasuke - Orochimaru and it goes on.
Amoung these people there plenty of genius shinobi....but what's genius about a head on fight?

What happened to the sneaky kawarimi? The questions after some bleeds and gets hit... (is it over??) ...next chapter Noo it's a kawarimi...you know something like that..

I just hope that Sasuke gets his revenge or dies quickly and that the real story can continue. Sasuke wanders freely all over the world and there is no ANBU that tries to kill or capture him.

Zabuza's sword for just an example was just waiting at his grave. You'd expect that it would be in the hands of Mists ANBU or any other ANBU. His sword must be worth something on the blackmarket aswell...

About these classes of criminals...correct me if i am wrong. (i think i mentioned this before aswell or it has been mentioned)
Crimininals S/A/B/C/D/E are rated on their reputation right? The higher the rank the more terrible things he or she has done right?

This rank is completly lose from their actual (battle) strenght right? Although we can assume that most crimes cant be done unless you are very strong...right?