AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 16:29   Link #21
Alchemist007
*Author

So who has a sword in their released state like that?
Old 2012-07-10, 16:56   Link #22
james0246

Fun chapter. Sudden disappearance in the Science division has me interested, and the single page of Ichigo hearing the voices of anguish was quite nice. Insta-death of the annoyingly ugly Quincy was also appreciated. Lots of fun. Good chapter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:27   Link #23
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeito Tsutekama View Post
I like the idea of Hikifune appearing, being the only zero squad member we know of.
Nice to see someone agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeito Tsutekama View Post
Isshin: Plausible, but that wouldn't really explain why there's a sword pointed at Urahara.
I agree. It's probably not Isshin. But only because I believe even in it's sealed/unreleased state, the blade to Isshin's zanpakuto is noticeably wider than most sealed zanpakuto's.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that the one pointing the blade at Urahara in that final panel *might* not necessarily be pointing the blade as a sign of conflict. Now if the tip of the blade was pointed directly in front of his face, I'd say that would leave little room for interpretation. But since the blade is at the side of his face, it leaves some room for other possibilities IMO. For instance, for all we know, whoever just killed Kirge might've just approached Urahara so closely for the sake of trying to reach his/her hand out to help him up.

The one thing I'd like to know is who was saying "Oh no!" at the very end of the chapter. Was it Urahara? Or was that Kubo? Because if it was Urahara, then I'd hate to admit it, but the odds of it being Grimmjow or Gin just increased.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:22   Link #24
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
So who has a sword in their released state like that?
No one except Gin pretty much.

But looking back at Ulquiorra, GJ, pretty much most arrancar's unreleased swords look like that.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:38   Link #25
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Gin is actually plausible.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:59   Link #26
SeanQ

Lol the protectors of souls are calling for their saviors -_-
Old 2012-07-10, 20:17   Link #27
itachi-san314

i feel like grimmjow makes the most sense since its hueco mundo, urahara being 'scared', and the fact that grimmjow was revealed to be in this arc by kubo so it might as well be now. the timing feels right for his return

but... the sword and particularly the technique look identical to gin's. its definitely not a laughable possibility
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:28   Link #28
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

i really really wish its ichimaru gin from the bottom of my heart but im guessing its aizen since urahara is pissing himself
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:33   Link #29
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare_Hibari Kyo View Post
i really really wish its ichimaru gin from the bottom of my heart but im guessing its aizen since urahara is pissing himself
Didn't Aizen become one with his sword or something like Ichigo did?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:35   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Didn't Aizen become one with his sword or something like Ichigo did?
he did, but his power was severely downgraded by ichigo's final GT and kisuke's seal. i'm pretty sure he reverted back to a lesser form

it's just too soon story-wise for it to be aizen. there was no build up whatsoever and his release should be a big deal
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:19   Link #31
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
I view it as its not pointed directly at him, but next to him. I assume next week someone will say why you so scared? and they laugh together.
Old 2012-07-10, 21:23   Link #32
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
No one except Gin pretty much.

But looking back at Ulquiorra, GJ, pretty much most arrancar's unreleased swords look like that.
Pretty sure that is half the cast of bleach who have normal looking swords
Old 2012-07-10, 22:00   Link #33
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am betting on Aizen
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 22:25   Link #34
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i betting on ichi old man
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:29   Link #35
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Aizen: Unlikely. For one thing, he'd never do the deed himself; he'd somehow finagle Herr Dipstick into offing himself. Also, for him to break out of prison unexpectedly would be random even for Kubo. He needs a long chapter or two conversation with one of the captains where they basically stand at the door of his cell begging for his help and he does his best Anthony Hopkins impersonation, sans the fava beans... *slurp-slurp*

Nel: Unlikely. For one, she should already be right there. Her (re)appearance would be a huge letdown. Also, no reason for her to pull sword on Urahara.

Random new character (or random old character who should be dead/not there): Unlikely from a storytelling standpoint, but always possible with Kubo. Right before the end is always the best time to (re)introduce more characters for Ichigo to eventually outshine.

Random Zero Squad Member: NFW. I am convinced we will never see any Zero Squad Member. We have been trolled. The Squad is a lie.

Halibel: Unlikely, but I'd love it, since it would actually be surprising. We've all forgotten about her (so we assume Kubo has as well), and she is in Hueco Mundo, with no Sternritters left around to keep an eye on her...

Isshin: Unlikely. If Kubo hasn't forgetten about him, he should be back in the real world trying to get Ryuuken to get off his fat Quincy ass and finally do something in this series. Also, no reason to pull sword on Urahara. For that matter...

Either Ishida: Nope. Slashing people in half is just not their style.

Ulquiorra: Nah, he's down in Hell watching Twilight for the 9001th time...and probably enjoying it...

Grimmjow: Even chance. Stealing Urahara's kill like that (and denying us the chance to see Ol' Cloghat use Chad and Orihime as bait while he lines up another snipe) is right up Grimmy's alley, as is the threatening move toward Urahara. Of course, it really wouldn't make much sense if it is him, since none of the remaining ex-Espada, other than maybe Halibel, should have been able to one-shot this guy without going Resurreccion, but that's never stopped Kubo before. On a personal note, I've always thought he was wildly overrated, so I hope it's not him.

Gin: Better than even chance. Likely, even. Random bisection: check. Attack out of nowhere: check. Causes captain-level shinigami to shit bricks on demand: check. Yeah, sure, he's supposed to be dead, but we're in Hueco Mundo. Where was he going to go? Detroit?
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:24   Link #36
Eragon
Still Alive

Okay, I agree my Aizen prediction is way out there - even for Kubo.

Here's a more plausible one - Hiyori............. I can think of only three people who would point there sword at Urahara and surprise(or shock) him - Aizen, Gin and, his old lieutenant, Hiyori.

Don't get me wrong, I know Gin and Grimmjow make more sense right now but they are not the only characters that have better odds.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:29   Link #37
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who else does Urahara know but we haven't thought of yet?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:32   Link #38
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Yoruichi ? I would certainly like to see her with a sword.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:56   Link #39
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Random Zero Squad Member: NFW. I am convinced we will never see any Zero Squad Member. We have been trolled. The Squad is a lie.
Kubo did say he finished character designs for the RG members. He also said they'd be appearing during this arc. And the circumstances he described and hinted at that would force them into finally appearing are happening right now. So the odds are better than you think. Have some faith!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 01:10   Link #40
ronin myael
lost ronin

has it occurred to anyone that this could be a completely new character altogether? you know how much kubo likes to bring in fresh blood. although i also don't deny the possibility that it might be someone we already know. if only kubo gave the character a few lines to give us a hint.

Tags
bleach, chapter