AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 14:29   Link #26901
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You know despite that being the THE GUNDAM, tbh I've not a big fan of it, I like it and will probably get the RG for the sake of having at least one model of the THE GUNDAM but wouldn't get anymore than that.
It's simply not a model I can say appeals as much as alot of the other models. Guess it's still got that pretty plain old look to it that doesn't appeal to my tastes.
I would recommend getting the HG 30th Anniversary RX-78-2. It's rather detailed (the panel lines are almost the same than the RG) and pretty sturdy... compared to it's RG-Counterpart. And it's half the price as well
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:34   Link #26902
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I'm the same way.

In fact the only one I've ever bought is the RG RX-78-2. Though I do want all the leads in MG so I'm going to grab the Ver Ka of Gundam. Honestly I think RX-78-2 Anime/2.0 is one of the uglier suits in all of Gundam but the Ver Ka goes along way to making it better.
I agree. but i bought one anyways.. I don't mind the suit being that its so plain but its good to have at least one in your collection. I bought the One Year War edition.. and I wanted Ver.Ka but at that time it was sold out everywhere so i found this one for a great price, it was almost a steal so i settled with the OYW edition. The backpack and some other parts are purple, Just needs a little paint to fix that problem..
Old 2012-08-10, 16:49   Link #26903
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Almost? Which are missing?
1.0 MG and some older 80's 1/144, and probably some of the more obscure versions from the 80's>00's gap.

I don't count special editions, only regular releases.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 17:06   Link #26904
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
1.0 MG and some older 80's 1/144, and probably some of the more obscure versions from the 80's>00's gap.

I don't count special editions, only regular releases.
Can't really say anything about the 80s kits. Do you plan to get them?

I do own the 1.5 version of the Gundam. I'm not really fond of it. The only real difference between the 1.0 and the 1.5 is the inner frame for the legs, I believe. The rest of the kit can't stand up to today's standards IMO. The OYW-Version is a big improvement over them. I actually used the Hands of the 1.5 for my 1/100 HG Tallgeese to give it some better hands
Old 2012-08-10, 19:32   Link #26905
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I would recommend getting the HG 30th Anniversary RX-78-2. It's rather detailed (the panel lines are almost the same than the RG) and pretty sturdy... compared to it's RG-Counterpart. And it's half the price as well
I was thinking that actually but problem being is I want a RG to see what they are like, however apart from the RX-78 I don't want any of the others as I'd prefer to get them as MGs instead.
I'm not fond of of getting multiply models of same one but more than I hate having mismatched scales within their respective series.
For instance all my 00 gundam are HG and it will stay that way, don't want any MG in there ruining the collection even if they do appeal to me greatly.
Or I won't be getting any HG for the likes of SEED or Unicorn since I already have MGs for them, again don't want the HG mixed in their.
There exceptions but very certain ones.

Being anal about it all has it's ups and down but I like things to look the part
Just like with MMORPGs, I rarely use top end stuff cause they tend to look fugly but the stuff that come just before it tend to be alot nicer looking and therefore I use them. I couldn't care if I go down in a blaze of glorious fire, I'll still look better than the person that takes me down
Old 2012-08-10, 23:14   Link #26906
bio9205
Reborn

By the way, duotiga - are there any major problems with the RG Justice, loose parts or joints perhaps? From reviews I've seen of the kit it looks pretty solid. Hopefully the Zeta stays in place as well.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 23:48   Link #26907
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
By the way, duotiga - are there any major problems with the RG Justice, loose parts or joints perhaps? From reviews I've seen of the kit it looks pretty solid. Hopefully the Zeta stays in place as well.
The kit itself is pretty firm except the beam saber storage which can be abit loose. Overall is solid But the firmest I would say MK II
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 01:40   Link #26908
pumpkins

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=85777

why not a RG meteor unit i guess this is the exact same meteor unit that was released in 2004?
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:15   Link #26909
Black Lion

I would really like a model line of The Origin suits.

Not like the GFF RX-78 metal composite figure, which was just a regular RX-78 with little shoulder bits added. The Origin Gundam has a unique body proportion with more rounded edges and softer details, as well as being slimmer and more agile looking.

And the Origin Zakus are way bulkier and wider than the originals, with a flatter head and a more squat appearance.

Not to mention the Origin Guntank looking like a complete badass.
Old 2012-08-11, 07:50   Link #26910
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
This monster is here

my 2nd resin add on parts
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 08:35   Link #26911
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Been gone quite a while. So, I’ve read the pages from my last post. It seems that Nike has made a ruckus again. (Sigh....)

@duotiga.
Ah, so you bought that resin too. I’m kinda curious whether the Swords are compatible with 00 Raisers hands or not. Also, I heard you need some glue in order to perfect it.
Btw, your RG Justice looks cool. I kinda hope that you took more photos of it with more poses.

As for RG Zeta, like many others has said here, I need to see the (video) review first to believe in the inner frame. I really doubt it will be solid. Heck, if it can stand without any problem, I’ll give it two thumbs up.

Oh yeah. Here’s one more finished backlog from me.

Nix Providence Gundam

Spoiler for Size & Sum:
Old 2012-08-11, 09:10   Link #26912
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Looks good, I like the little details you added to the Dragoons A lot of peopleI know dislike the design of the Nix Providence, but I actually like it
Old 2012-08-11, 10:37   Link #26913
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Agreed. Nix Providence is a case of “love it or hate it” Gundam kit. As for me, I like it. Mainly due to the color scheme which is a LOT better than the original Providence. Also, Nix shows off most of its Dragoons nicely, unlike the original that put most of the Dragoons on its waist (boring). My only gripe is the lack of articulation on the left (or right, from the MS’s POV) shoulder. Bandai should’ve added more joints on that Dragoon-Backpack shoulder.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:01   Link #26914
Black Lion

I don't really like Seed designs, especially the providence, but that Nix version is pretty nice. I'm a sucker for asymmetrical designs and unique color schemes. It's like a reverse of the traditional Gundam, with a red chest and blue feet
Old 2012-08-11, 12:11   Link #26915
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. Nix Providence is a case of “love it or hate it” Gundam kit. As for me, I like it. Mainly due to the color scheme which is a LOT better than the original Providence. Also, Nix shows off most of its Dragoons nicely, unlike the original that put most of the Dragoons on its waist (boring). My only gripe is the lack of articulation on the left (or right, from the MS’s POV) shoulder. Bandai should’ve added more joints on that Dragoon-Backpack shoulder.
I actually like both colorschemes^^ Would had been cool, if they added some more shoulder-joints. But I'm fine with my kit

Damn, I miss the old 1/100 NG's Back then, Bandai released Baddies in 1/00 Scale, not just Good Guys, like the Chaos for SEED Destiny, or the Flags for 00 S1. I really wish, that they start making them again.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:24   Link #26916
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

I miss the 1/100 NG line aswell ;_; it's expensive to collect 1/100s now when they only make MG's in that scale.

Was there ever a official word on why they didnt continue doing 1/100 NGs?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:30   Link #26917
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
I miss the 1/100 NG line aswell ;_; it's expensive to collect 1/100s now when they only make MG's in that scale.

Was there ever a official word on why they didnt continue doing 1/100 NGs?
I don't know, but probably the last line of NG's, which was 00, didn't sell that well. Even though the kits were very good, IMO.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:59   Link #26918
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Maybe it's coz nowadays NGs are already advanced enough to be categorized as pseudo-MG. Also, the price is already near MG level. Prime example would be NG 00 Raiser, NG Virtue, & NG Seravee. So I guess Bandai thinks that doing NG and then MG is pretty redundant especially for the same model like Exia & 00.

Note: @StrikeFreedomV2. I did say that Nix color scheme is far better than the original Providence, but that doesn't mean I totally despise Providence's color.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-08-11 at 13:47. Reason: It's NG Virtue, NOT NG Dynames.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:13   Link #26919
Zeydra
A random passerby

This may be a noob question, but I'm still somewhat inexperienced with Gunpla with only a few High Grades under my belt, I've had a RG Freedom in my backlog for a fair while now (Freedom is my favourite Gundam so I bought it despite having no intention of building it soon) and I just wanted to ask which would be better for a noob such as myself build the RG Freedom or buy a Master Grade first and build that. Then build the RG once I have a rough idea of how the whole process goes with kits with an inner frame.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:17   Link #26920
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Maybe it's coz nowadays NGs are already advanced enough to be categorized as pseudo-MG. Also, the price is already near MG level. Prime example would be NG 00 Raiser, NG Dynames, & NG Seravee. So I guess Bandai thinks that doing NG and then MG is pretty redundant especially for the same model like Exia & 00.

Note: @StrikeFreedomV2. I did say that Nix color scheme is far better than the original Providence, but that doesn't mean I totally despise Providence's color.
Dynames? It's 2300 Yen^^ But on 00 Raiser and Seravee I agree, Virtue isn't really cheap as well. But you get 2 MS for your money, so I guess the price is kinda justified...

And good to here that about the original Providence

@ Zeyda: I would recommend getting the MG Aile Strike Gundam, it's pretty good for it's age and really easy to build. Same goes for the MG Freedom. Most of the newer MG's are pretty easy to build as well, but seeing that you like the Freedom, I would go with the older kits

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy