AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-24, 23:56   Link #21
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I just found my favourite Whether I'll like her personality remains to be seen but I remain hopeful based on past experience.

Dunno her name, but the grey/purple haired one. I always seem to be attracted to the character with hair that colour (Alice in DC:SS and Tomoko in Canvas 2 are both favourites). Looking forward to this even more now
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 00:33   Link #22
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Kamishiro Yukari is her name. She loves greeting people with her patented catch phrase, "Please call me Yukarin" (with an emphasis on ~rin)
Simply hearing her say that will make your heart melt ^^;;

Her personality is extremely likable. She carries a bright and gentle athmosphere where ever she goes, though once you get to know her you'll see the more straightforward and hilarious (tsukommi) side of her character!

Yukarin is defintely one of my favorite characters second only to Chisa~~
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 02:33   Link #23
martino
makes no files now

Of course, she's a cousin, sorry. I got confused by the bit which stated that they have a brother-sister like relationship...

Last edited by martino; 2006-09-25 at 10:59.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 05:31   Link #24
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, but who's Kirino? More importantly, why does she seem to be pictured with Riko all the time? Is it because she's the Sakura to this show's Nemu (which is Riko), or is it because they're close friends or something?

And who's the childhood friend in the synopsis? Even though Riko technically counts as one, there seems to be another. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 11:16   Link #25
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Just wondering, but who's Kirino? More importantly, why does she seem to be pictured with Riko all the time? Is it because she's the Sakura to this show's Nemu (which is Riko), or is it because they're close friends or something?

And who's the childhood friend in the synopsis? Even though Riko technically counts as one, there seems to be another. ^^;
Konosaka Kirino (木之坂霧乃)

Kirino is the childhood friend that lives next door. Despite not being blood related, Amami treats her as a sort of little sister, solely because of the fact that she's one year younger than him. Kirino and Amami have the longest relationship and her feelings toward him are very obvious. However, during their childhood, Riko moves in and the relationship between them splits into an awkward triangle.

Personality wise, she's quite opposite of Sakura/nemu character type (DC comparisions don't work here =p). Kirino is usually shy towards the opposite sex, with the exception of Amami. However, her kind and graceful nature tend to attract them in swarms ^^;;
Old 2006-09-25, 11:23   Link #26
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It looks promising. Let's see when the first ep. come out.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 12:13   Link #27
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Personality wise, she's quite opposite of Sakura/nemu character type (DC comparisions don't work here =p). Kirino is usually shy towards the opposite sex, with the exception of Amami. However, her kind and graceful nature tend to attract them in swarms ^^;;
OK. Now I already know my favourite chracter.

^^That's exactly my type...
Old 2006-10-05, 22:53   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, first episode - it's a classic setup (close friends with girl-next-door, childhood friend/sweetheart(?) comes home, classic romantic triangle) but with a magical twist that definitely reminds me of something from Circus (for reasons already well-established). The basic plot setup was basically exactly what Cloudnine posted earlier in his short story synopsis; they used an illustration (other people in the school) to explain the rainbow and the concept of the "Gift". Like the magical sakura tree of Da Capo, you can bet on it playing a key symbolic role in the plot (heck, the rainbow's even in the title!) Unlike a lot of the other bishoujo anime of this season, I'd definitely say that they're setting this one up for a bit of a romantic conflict/choice. It seems that this show is scheduled for only 13 episodes (though I can't find confirmation), and I could see how the pacing of the first episode would agree with that; they've basically set up everything you need to know already. In any case, as with all these first episodes, it's enough to keep me interested in seeing where they go with it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 23:43   Link #29
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Haruhiko, is as always, an oddball ^^ The fact that they stayed true to the game personality is huge brownie points for me. His lame jokes, crude behavior, and generally over the top personality makes him one of the coolest guys around!

Voted #1 guy you want as a drinking buddy.

Overall... unnnn... definately mixed feelings about this one. The majority of the original VA cast are different. Fanservice is considerably over the top. All the main heroines there were introduced (where's Yukarin~! ヽ(`Д´)ノ) already had their panty shot. The worst part is that over 15 minutes was used to solve a love quarrel between some unknown tennis couple...

You'll never see these two characters again.

Still, despite all my complaints, I really enjoyed watching the first episode. It will be interesting to see if they'll concentrate on the triangle between Kirino, Riko, and Haruhiko. Along with Happiness! Yoake, and Kanon, this is definately the season for bishoujo anime ^^
Old 2006-10-06, 00:10   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The worst part is that over 15 minutes was used to solve a love quarrel between some unknown tennis couple...
Yeah, I considered that too. I think the point here was that they could explain "Gift" to you (or leave you guessing), or they could just show you an example. It also provided an opportunity to flesh out the personality of our main guy just a bit. So, yeah... on the one hand, you know that our tennis couple is random, but on the other showing it answers a lot of questions about Gift that'll definitely play a part later on. So I agree - there might have been other ways they could have gone about it, but it was fine as a setup episode. It's all about where they go from here.
Old 2006-10-06, 00:27   Link #31
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Was I the only one whom watched the first 5 minutes and thought; "Am I watching Da Capo by mistake"?
Old 2006-10-06, 00:32   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Was I the only one whom watched the first 5 minutes and thought; "Am I watching Da Capo by mistake"?
Yeah, see the rest of the thread for snippets of the reason why; the original game had involvement from some of the same people who did Da Capo. Similar setup and character designs (at least on the surface), but different personalities and overall storyline. Yeah, though; it'd stand to reason that, if you like the one, you may also like the other.
Old 2006-10-06, 16:29   Link #33
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yeah, I considered that too. I think the point here was that they could explain "Gift" to you (or leave you guessing), or they could just show you an example. It also provided an opportunity to flesh out the personality of our main guy just a bit. So, yeah... on the one hand, you know that our tennis couple is random, but on the other showing it answers a lot of questions about Gift that'll definitely play a part later on. So I agree - there might have been other ways they could have gone about it, but it was fine as a setup episode. It's all about where they go from here.
I think it would have been better to keep some of the mystery of Gift for later episodes instead of condensing into an easily forgettable sidestory.

They already hinted on where gift came from (which imo is the most memorable and heartwarming part of what Gift really is. They better do it right or it's tenbatsu!) and the conditions needed to fulfill gift. All that's left is to show what gift means to the main characters and how it affected them.

Is there an episode count for Gift?
Old 2006-10-06, 17:07   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Is there an episode count for Gift?
It looks like it's going to be 13 episodes... or maybe 14. The solicitation that's starting to go around shows 7 DVDs (ZMBZ-3081 to ZMBZ-3087) at 2 episodes each, with the first disc on December 22nd. I'm thinking that the last disc being 2 episodes may actually be an error, but we'll see.
Old 2006-10-07, 22:54   Link #35
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Something I completely forgot to point out~~

I was pretty suprised seeing her in the first episode. Her name is Sena Asakawa, one of the new heroines from the PS2 version of Gift. It will be interesting what role she will be playing in the anime, though I have a hunch she'll only be a support character~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It looks like it's going to be 13 episodes... or maybe 14. The solicitation that's starting to go around shows 7 DVDs (ZMBZ-3081 to ZMBZ-3087) at 2 episodes each, with the first disc on December 22nd. I'm thinking that the last disc being 2 episodes may actually be an error, but we'll see.
umuu... sounds about right. @ 4,900¥ for each DVD, it's nothing new~ ;_;
Old 2006-10-08, 01:31   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Ah, actually, the Amazon solicitation for the last disc reveals something more telling. It seems that there'll be 12 broadcast episodes, and the 7th disc will have a bonus episode (not shown on TV) along with special features. In terms of extras with each DVD, it seems the firstpress extras will include a radio CD, jacket illustrations by the game illustrators, and a something called an "original message card".
Old 2006-10-12, 16:37   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Oho... this is definitely the setup you'd expect. People who say there are setup similarities with Da Capo definitely have a point in episode 2, but it's a lot more direct. Perhaps that's because they've got half the number of episodes to work with?
Spoiler for Episode 2:
There's something about the artstyle that I still find a bit distracting - the eyes and side-profiles are bit unusual - but its pretty much what you'd expect from a show in the genre. In fact, except for those distracting bits, I'd say that this too reminds me of (the original) Da Capo. The music from Hikaru Nanase helps too -- reminds me so much of D.C.S.S.! Oh well... it's all about where they go with it, and so far it definitely looks like it's heading for some dramatic territory.
Old 2006-10-12, 21:50   Link #38
Srin Tuar
無謀

Okay, episode 2 is in, and the only thing I can say is that I think this show *is* Da Capo.
The whole story is just far too identical.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 21:56   Link #39
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Okay, episode 2 is in, and the only thing I can say is that I think this show *is* Da Capo.
The whole story is just far too identical.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Cause I haven't seen Da Capo, and I am wondering whether I should follow this or not.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 22:15   Link #40
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Again, the settings are similar to Da Capo, but the story diverges into a completely different direction once the pacing picks up (and it will very soon)

Don't throw it away just because it's similar to another series. Watch the first episode or two before deciding to move on~ ^^

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural