AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 16:52   Link #441
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This was the same thing I thought. If they wanted to kill him outright, those common murim thugs could have easily did the trick. Plus, he may have thought she was giving him a nice final 'meal' before they did it.
Right. Besides, there's one other thing to take intoa ccount. Shioon is woefully ignorant of th m urim. While we know (from watching Shiho) that there are a few schools that specialize in poison, but Shioon knows almsot nothing of the murim, so he wouldn't have expected that approach anyway...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 18:35   Link #442
KrimzonStriker

He'll be fine, question is how exactly he'll be fine. Honestly though, he's survived worst (remember when he got his powers in the first place?) That being said, there are quite a few options they could go to save him, he could overcome it himself, Jinie might be able to come up with something, or Sera might have simple knocked him out, its up in the air until the next chapter arrives.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:18   Link #443
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, I don't know about Korean martial arts story, but 'almost death by poisoning' is an oh-so-common method in Chinese wuxia stories to restore or increase their inner powers.

Typically has to do with 'brink of death' recirculation of their 'breathing and flow of internal blood circulation or inner energy' kind of mumbo jumbo which unexpected triggers something, no. And Shiion just so happens to have something of that sort that is the ultimate power circulation and breathing technique coveted by all of Murim.

... well, that is assuming if it's even usable without ki.

Or if Shiion had even watched the videos at all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:14   Link #444
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, I don't know about Korean martial arts story, but 'almost death by poisoning' is an oh-so-common method in Chinese wuxia stories to restore or increase their inner powers.

Typically has to do with 'brink of death' recirculation of their 'breathing and flow of internal blood circulation or inner energy' kind of mumbo jumbo which unexpected triggers something, no. And Shiion just so happens to have something of that sort that is the ultimate power circulation and breathing technique coveted by all of Murim.

... well, that is assuming if it's even usable without ki.

Or if Shiion had even watched the videos at all.
yah its a staple trope for chinese wuxia novel/comics that a near death experience often grants some sort of power up or restoration for an major character. I m pretty confident that we will be seeing shiion 's chi recovering soon.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:39   Link #445
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Maybe she wants to restore his his powers so that she can kill him in a fair fight.
Old 2010-12-21, 20:48   Link #446
Johnny
Working the bags...

She looks like the type that lulls you into her bed with sweet words then guts you after you fall asleep. Well besides poisoning you with tea...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:20   Link #447
zibi88

I guess that poison girl is granddaughter of that old murim chief (the crazy cheater one that killed gromo's master) that in previuous series gromo killed (where shion sufferend too)

well in next chapter I could see that our bodyguard girl might punch strongly Shion in stomach in order to bring him to vomit the tea with poison.... maybe that strong punch would switch the "ki-on/off" button and the flow would destroy rest of the poison in his body (well shions blood healed susol in past afterall ^^

anywya does anyone know when the next chapter will show up ?
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 03:05   Link #448
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

within the next 36 hours.
Old 2010-12-24, 00:47   Link #449
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Chapter 10━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/9905

Hmm... I'm sure I've seen that throw somewhere before in The Breaker Part I...

And orz, looks like the journey to regaining back his power isn't going to be so smooth and quick after all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 00:56   Link #450
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm... I'm sure I've seen that throw somewhere before in The Breaker Part I...
Yes, you have. Remember the "nurse" back at the end of Part 1? The one who beat up that Iron Fist School disciple who attempted to kill Shioon at the Hospital? That's where.
Old 2010-12-24, 03:48   Link #451
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

now i m really anxious to find out what was said between Shioon and that girl before Jinie showed up
Old 2010-12-24, 05:08   Link #452
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
>_< i hope the hosting/scanlation issues will work out just fine...

stucked at chapter 8
Old 2010-12-24, 07:02   Link #453
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
>_< i hope the hosting/scanlation issues will work out just fine...

stucked at chapter 8
dont get it what you're saying... since chapter 9 has been out a week or soo already... and the latest raw is chapter 10 so I dont know where is "stuck" ^^

still I kinda feel that the black-haired girl doesnt want to kill shion just like that... by haveing him drink a tea... I guess she put some medicine in it.. in order to bring his Ki out again... and after he regains power she will fight him and than kill him in fight like murim people do...

I guess there is no point in killing him like that becouse it wouldnt be with honor... people know that shion cant use martial arts so killing someone weak that cant do arts is pointless and wont bring the girl honor of doing so.... so yeah I think that soon shion will start to regain his power and then where we will see that girl again...

but it would be funny if she started to develop a crush on him too later ;P after seeing that shion is different from his master... he is kind and wont hurt people on a whim but is more considered as peacefull to people...

well still there is a posibility that shion will fight that "finger guy" while jinee will fight that girl as she got her ass kicked by her in current chapter ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 22:32   Link #454
KrimzonStriker

Okay, can anyone translate just what happened here this chapter?
Old 2010-12-24, 23:45   Link #455
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Maybe she wants to restore his his powers so that she can kill him in a fair fight.
I kinda feel thats what going to happen. This murim we talking about its all about law and "the old ways". Since he lost his power he shouldnt be part of the Murim world anymore... so giving his power back would bring him back.
Old 2010-12-27, 08:25   Link #456
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Ch10 is out on a-team.
Old 2010-12-27, 09:57   Link #457
DarkLordOfkichiku

So, now Shioon has a timelimit of one week before he's offically challenged, as such? Well, maybe this'll get the plot moving again
Old 2010-12-27, 12:21   Link #458
Sinta

a master class is after him? Lame.
Old 2010-12-27, 15:50   Link #459
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, so he's got a week rather than 5 minutes. Damn. Especially since he's also has alternatives. Like seducing her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:33   Link #460
Xion Valkyrie

You know, I kind of wish he had a much more aggressive personality. Much more amusing for him to give her the finger and crack a joke/taunt back at her. It's what his master would have done.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves