Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-06, 01:22   Link #1
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Most memorable moments in One Piece? [SPOILERS!]

What sticks out in everyone's minds when they think of One Piece (scene-wise)?

The one that stands out the most to me is at the end of Episode 53, where the group heads for the Grand Line, and claim what each of their seperate dreams are. ^_^ It was kind of sad when you see Usopp, who didn't really have a dream at the time.

Another memorable moment would be where Luffy and Arlong are fighting, and Luffy manages to kick the desk and papers out of the building, and Nami remembers when she was drawing a picture of Bellemere and Arlong came up and ripped it, saying if she slacked off like that he would pick out a townsperson and kill them in front of her. ^_^ And then Nami thanked Luffy, and it was just really sad. But then, there were lots of memorable moments in the Arlong arc (Nami stabbing Usopp, the flashback with Bellemere, Usopp vs. Chuu, Nami stabbing herself in the arm, etc).

And finally, the battle between the Straw-hat crew and the Baroque Works officer agents. All of the battles were just...woo. Nice to see all the characters fighting instead of just Luffy.
Old 2004-04-06, 07:14   Link #2
MrMoron

Episode 23, when Mihawk fsked Crieg's giant ship into pieces. The first time we really got to see what kind of crazy power people can have. That was so cool.
Old 2004-04-06, 10:11   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

When Luffy and Ussop say "bow" (then bow) to this huge bear (??!!) on drum island
Old 2004-04-06, 17:36   Link #4
Dual247

most memorable moment in OP? i dunno, way too hard to think of a single one. there are lots of memorable moments in every arc it seem, well, cept a few. but like nyssane posted, the arlong arc definitely surprise them all, at least in my opinion. there's just so many scenes in it that just screams out to me and i embrace it as they come. i love most of the scenes that was said already, but i also really liked the part when luffy slowly grabbed arlongs blade and broke it like it was nothing, all to express his anger. nami and sad past with belmeil, sanji and his hunger experience, zoro with his departure with a kuina, ussop's bravery to protest kaya, vivi and her deep love for those close to her, and chopper and his battered body to get the mushroom for hiluruk. the list goes on and on. It's great that everyone has their moments. i have no doubt that there'll be even more coming along. that's why i love one piece so much.
Old 2006-02-18, 21:05   Link #5
manga wanderer

the axe hand morgan fight sure it wasnt that impressive but it really set the mood and the character it was the kick off!!!!!!
Old 2006-06-28, 14:32   Link #6
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

forgot the name but memorable episode would be the one where luffy and zolo battle it out and destroyed half of rouge town
Old 2006-06-28, 14:54   Link #7
noktown

Luffy vs Usopp
Old 2006-06-29, 07:22   Link #8
t3ck
Anime Freak

When they show their 'x' to tell Vivi they will still acknowledge her as their nakama when the left alasbastia.

Spoiler for manga:

These are 2 of my favourite memorable moments still fresh in my head.
Old 2006-06-29, 07:45   Link #9
Gene Yuss
I Cheat at Solitare

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-29, 13:27   Link #10
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck

Spoiler for manga:

These are 2 of my favourite memorable moments still fresh in my head.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-30, 03:15   Link #11
standforme2002

I don't know how to use the spoiler option, but the topic title says spoilers, so I hope nobody gets too sour.

I was waching the fansubs, and found the final part of the battle between Luffy and crocodile to be the most memorable thus far. The part where Luffy drew on the last ounce of his strength for his friend Vivi, and rapid fired the life out of Croc, busting him through the bedrock. That was awesome! Really reminded me of DBZ. Now who wants to bet that'll never even make it in 4kids's crappy dubs?
Old 2006-07-06, 03:58   Link #12
Dias_Nox

I thikn the part where luffy is fighting the guy with the eating ability :P and the guy tries to shoot down the flag, and luffy is standing there holding the flag up, that was awesome.
Old 2006-07-06, 04:21   Link #13
voievoda
Rawr....

I haven't watched very much One Piece, but there have been some pretty memorable moments so far. And I dunno how to make the Spoiler thingy work, but whatever.

1. When Shanks lost his arm to save Luffy..actually any episode with him in it would be pretty memorable -_-. He's hardly on

2. When Zolo, after losing to Mihawk, vows to never lose again.

Pretty sweet moment, eh?
Old 2006-07-07, 20:54   Link #14
cheese4u
da big boss

Ok, I have three

1. When Luffy Axe Kicks Arlong through the building and rises from the rubble as the victor.

2. When Luffy and Vivi fight over which way they were going to stop the rebels or to fight Crocodile (Not that big of a deal I know, but I just thought that was very interesting because up until then everyone had just been doing what Vivi was telling them to do without questioning her because they knew her heart was in the right place, but Luffy displayed one of his rare moments of wisdom and turned the whole thing around, and the unique way in which he just stopped everything he was doing and said he was done. I thought that was pretty cool.

3. But my all time favorite was before the fight with Arlong when Luffy, Zolo, Sanji, and Usopp walked off into battle to fight Arlong. I never saw it in the manga but it looked incredible in the anime everyone (even Usopp) looked cool.
Old 2006-07-09, 08:52   Link #15
SoulSeth
海賊王

Oooh, nice thread, though there are too many moments to adress,

I also loved the scene where Luffy leaves Nami to fight Arling and the rest of the crew are sitting and waiting.

Zoro kicking ass on Whiskey Peak.

Luffy debuting as Afro Luffy.
Old 2006-08-15, 17:14   Link #16
Pirate Strawhat

:::SPOILER:::TYPED IN WHITE:: The most memorable is when mihawk gave shanks the new bounty of luffy 100 million
Old 2006-08-16, 18:46   Link #17
Bremm
Namu-Hamu Melon

Send a message via AIM to Bremm
Woaaah Pirate Strawhat, tone down the signature some. It's frickin' huge.

Some memorable moments are when they finally escape from Logue Town and swear on their dreams together before entering the Grandline.

When it finally rains in Arabasta.

When the sakura bloom on Drum Island.

The whole Norland/Kalgara flashback.

When the bell rings in Skypiea (finally).

Zoro and Sanji's battle in the Davy Back Fight (that was freakin' hilarious)

... pretty much the end of every arc has it's memorable moment.
Old 2006-08-16, 21:04   Link #18
Biswa

Hahah nice pirate strawhat. biggest sig i've ever seen. THAT's definitely getting removed, hahaha. Nice though

All my best scenes would have to involve Luffy, so you can find a hint of favoritism there.

1. Luffy puts his straw hat on Nami's head and starts walking toward's Arlong's place... then puts one right in his face.

2. The entire part in episode 150-151 from when Luffy gets a slightly serious look on his face, puts his hat on, and goes and BREAKS Bellamy's face. That was by far one of the most bad-ass things he's ever done.

3. When Luffy and Zoro battle in Whiskey Peak, ignoring every enemy around them.

4. For funny scene, the funniest i found would be whole sequence when they first talk to Vivi and she accidentally spills Crocodile's name.
Old 2006-08-16, 21:17   Link #19
tidus0728

My most memorable moments were

1. Robins cry saying "I want to live"

2. Nami asking Luffy for help defeating Arlong

3. Norland and Kalgaras past

4. Shanks losing his arm saving Luffy

5 Luffy climbing the snow mountain on drum island taking Nami and Sanji to see the doctor
Old 2006-08-21, 00:33   Link #20
Miharu0688

My most memorable moments:

1. Actually, the first time Sanji enters XD He's so badass...

2. When they say goodbye to Vivi in the end of the Alabasta-arc.

3. In both the anime and manga, from the part where you first start seeing the story about Norland and Kalugara 'til the very end of that arc.
I swear, everytime I read about Norlands death and about how determined Calgara was to relight the flame of Shandora, and then dies without succeeding, and how Luffy them rings the bell.. I cry like hell. I even started crying when I read that part while being in school

4. SPOILER (in white) When SogeKing is ordered by Luffy to burn the World Government flag.. Geeez..
Closed Thread