AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 08:49   Link #121
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Hmm well, me too don't really think that Haruki is that good a person, but I still try to respect him better than any other 'romance' anime, if not harem
Mari route is a bit.... I don't know, I can't really like this route besides when Haruki hurt Mari when talk about Kazusa (well I just like it when he talked about Kazusa to other girls lol)

Well, I think they made WA2 in with thought that IC is for choosing Kazusa, CC is for choosing Setsuna, and so coda was made to make the player choose between Kazusa and Setsuna even though I think coda is for the sake of Kazusa, after all even in Setsuna route, actually Setsuna's story had ended but made longer by Kazusa's coming
well, Setsuna is just.... too wishy... in her route it was more shown too happy to be true....

yeah, I really like some quotes in Kazusa true end... "Even though if we hurt many people, at least we must be happy"
Kazusa told Haruki (and us) all the possibilities of a happy ending that can be happened in coda too...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 09:07   Link #122
hyperknees91

Ok so Setsuna's ending was pretty happy, guess that's cool as Kazusa actually becomes somewhat respectful again. Quite honestly the game was so stressful I can see how many players want this to be the ending.

Unfortunately for Haruki and the decision on not having one true ending, that was a very bad move on the VN creators. One it makes it so Haruki feels like he has no soul and all his actions are decided on the whim of the player rather than what he would actually do. The other reason is because it makes most of the build-up of the game worthless as Haruki's choices are just decided on randomness for the same reason. So in fact this game actually suffers from being a VN more than it gets help from it. This kind of thing is ok in a character game as it's mostly about the girls in those games anyway. However WA2 is a story-based game, and most of those have one true ending. It's just as bad as having an open ending really, makes the game feel inconclusive and most of the time spent be kind of a waste. I don't mind which ending they would have picked but they should have at least decided on one and just have the others be "what ifs"

And that being said, while WA2 had complex characters and some cool quotes, I can't say it's a very well written game. Perhaps if the author kept with the pacing and decisions he had in the IC, then it would have been a much better experience overall. Don't get me wrong I still like it ok, but it's difficult to recommend. I think the anime will be much better even if it has to leave out details (unless it suffers from complete adaption failure).
hyperknees91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 09:36   Link #123
Key Board
Carbon

in Setsuna's true he passed the baton to Setsuna. He is no longer the main character in that route.
in Uwaki route he is consumed by his own... Haruki-ness. But he is forgiven in the end.
in Kazusa true he makes a decision that not only cast away his friends but part of himself. (is he the same Haruki?) And it's a decision that made a lot of people unhappy.

To me, at least thematically, Kazusa True if the most fitting for his character development. Also Powder Snow.. That's how a WA game should end.
But Uwaki would make a great aesop too. (just cut the end)

I guess the anime will decide this?
If we consider political correctness, though..
Uwaki and Kazusa True are probably something they would err. make a very interesting Christmas. (and you just know that a Coda anime will air during Christmas season)
Setsuna True is the "safest" route
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 09:45   Link #124
hyperknees91

Definitely the safest route. I dunno if it's a bad decision to go with though as it answers all the stress of the story with a happy conclusion to relieve people of it. While the other two answer stress with more stress, which isn't really effective if you ask me. Though I'm pretty sure the original WA anime ended with something like the Uwaki route if I'm not mistaken.

People will either compare this to Clannad or KimiNozo based on how it ends regardless hah.
Old 2013-12-12, 09:55   Link #125
Key Board
Carbon

Original WA anime was an artsy brilliant broken aesop of a mess that didn't have much to do with the game itself
you really need to watch it to appreciate it

If I had to compare, yes, it resembles the Uwaki route. maybe worse..

but the original's WA game structure is also to blame for that
if WA2 had the original WA game structure it would probably be a terrible game
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-12, 10:02   Link #126
hyperknees91

Oh yeah? Did you like the anime more then for WA?
Old 2013-12-12, 10:09   Link #127
Key Board
Carbon

err.. I'll try to be fair. Let me choose my words carefully

WA1 did not age well and that severely impacted my impression of the game.
I also tried the revamped console version. Nope, didn't do it for me either.
So yes, the anime was more entertaining to me

On the other other, the first White Album anime is an acquired taste to many people.
Watch if you want, but manage your expectations.
But well, it seems you that you love to hate Haruki. I expect that the first WA will be great for you.
But you need to give it some time
Old 2013-12-12, 10:15   Link #128
hyperknees91

lawl I'll watch it later. I'll need a feel good series after WA2. Can't play too many depressing things in a row.
Old 2013-12-12, 10:19   Link #129
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol, I decide to bet on the anime for choosing which one is the true end of the game

just watch the Special Encore
here is my summary
Spoiler for summary of White Album 2 Special Encore:
Old 2013-12-12, 16:09   Link #130
hyperknees91

lawl they call him scum of the earth. Yeah that's definitely true, both Kazusa and him really are the scum of the earth.

What's funny about Kasuza's true end is if everyone didn't back Haruki into a corner I'm sure Setsuna could have convinced him. She's very manipulative and knows that everything Haruki says and does is half-assed. If only she didn't cry to Tomo...kind of funny how that works. This is why she was still able to end up with Haruki in Uwaki.

Trying to think of what makes Setsuna tick. She's an incredibly interesting character and one of the most complicated out of any visual novel I read. I think I'm on to something but it's difficult to decipher her (because writing her off as insane is just too boring now that I think of it).

I mean I know a girl who got pissed at all her friends for when there boyfriend did the same sort of thing Haruki did. So really, it's not outside the realm of possibilities. It just takes an insanely forgiving person I guess.

Last edited by hyperknees91; 2013-12-12 at 21:40.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:14   Link #131
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

We should probably get the drama part subbed and released after the unselectable choice scene airs on TV.
That announcement part actually got me pretty hyped when I watched it, even though I obviously already knew about it.
Oh wait, that scene's in CC. Guess there's plenty of time to get it done.

Last edited by Free; 2013-12-12 at 19:45.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 00:23   Link #132
bones

Playing through the scene when Haruki rejected Setsuna's offer to accompany him and Kazusa abroad, I almost expected her to whip out a knife and stab him. She actually came across as that crazy during that scene.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 00:26   Link #133
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Lol, well i don't know too how serious Haruki was at that time about choosing Kazusa, and yeah I think Setsuna can still have more possibility in convincing Haruki... But because their friends keep pushing him which is actually what he wanted (how he wanted to be blame and such things) and it made Haruki's decision become stronger... after all he was just be left out by them which means that he wouldn't have anything left in Japan and could leave it...

You know the unselectable scenes?
Yeah, it really made me happy looking at that... i hope i can be there the next time CC is announce... (hopefully cc will come)
Old 2013-12-13, 07:02   Link #134
hyperknees91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Playing through the scene when Haruki rejected Setsuna's offer to accompany him and Kazusa abroad, I almost expected her to whip out a knife and stab him. She actually came across as that crazy during that scene.
She basically did go crazy. The poor girl, she writes herself off as being manipulative (which she is) but much like Chiaki, not everything she feels and everything she does is a manipulation. And not everything she voices is truly what she wants.

Yeah it's funny that when his co-workers are being nice to him, that actually hurts his resolve more than helps it.
Old 2013-12-14, 17:02   Link #135
Ringil

I'm almost done with CC's Setsuna route now, but do the scenes in the anime for koi shiteta kimi to ita natsu ha owari, and modorenai kimi to ita aki wo omou appear in the VN later? I don't remember seeing them as of yet.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 17:44   Link #136
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think so.
Those are part of Kazusa's digital novel 雪が解け、そして雪が降るまで
which is something that should be read after IC and before CC, but of course the anime can't do that.
Old 2013-12-14, 21:12   Link #137
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Another reason of Kazusa being the main heroine of White Album 2
The song of After All ~Tsuzuru Omoi~ was already made for Uehara Rena to be sung even before White Album 2 was made, there're some changes of the lyrics though to be more fitted to the situation of a high school romance and the lyrics is clearly made for Kazusa, after all it's sung only in the chapter where Kazusa was
Looks like Uehara Rena's song mostly cover for Kazusa while Tsuda Akari's song was for Setsuna...
Old 2013-12-14, 21:29   Link #138
Frozt

THIS CAN'T BE MORE OBVIOUS.
I'm tired of discussion and it's obvious of who is the TRUE END GIRL..
Watch these videos please...
These are the true ends of Coda..

Kazusa Touma
http://youtu.be/aNMg61-UJnU

Ogiso Setsuna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPHCmX4xBM

/edit
Sorry, I read the first couple of pages and there are people arguing who is the true end girl. Please, it's obviously up to the person who has played the game to believe what they want, but since the creators made a significant difference of how the credits are with Touma and Setsuna's routes, it's a right in front of your face obvious answer... I'm also sorry but if you can't accept that Touma is the true end girl, you are being blatantly ignorant and in denial.
Besides, if you didn't know which ending credits is which, you can easily be able to tell which one had a lot more work/detail because it most importantly had more MONEY put into it..

Last edited by Frozt; 2013-12-15 at 18:39.
Frozt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 23:12   Link #139
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't think so.
Those are part of Kazusa's digital novel 雪が解け、そして雪が降るまで
which is something that should be read after IC and before CC, but of course the anime can't do that.
Uh, I literally just finished reading that. The digital novel 雪が解け、そして雪が降るまで ends before Haruki meets Setsuna. But, I guess that means that those parts might be anime originals.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 00:27   Link #140
Key Board
Carbon

Let me check.. Ah I see what you are talking about
Yes, they do appear in the VN

You need to replay IC for a 2nd time. They unlock hidden Kazusa POV scenes after you clear IC once
Also, once you clear Coda, it also unlocks hidden scenes in Coda once you replay it a 2nd time