Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Nico authenticates only during log-in. *wink*
Old 2013-12-19, 04:02   Link #1062
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
TSomeone on another forum actually collected a bunch of different faces that Haruki has throughout the show, and they sure don't look like the same person. Hilarious, but very aggravating to see... They should shape up and stop ruining my favorite story. :<
Funny you mention this, considering that during the time I was rewatching the entire series looking for clues, I noticed that the Touma shown at the end of episode 2 doesn't look like the same Touma we have in episode 11 (even the ones where she is mad).

But in the end, I really don't mind, as I prefer the anime character designs even though it's 'crap'. What I mean is that I found the original designs to be boring, and I find the anime versions to be livelier. Setsuna is a mark up in terms of being more genki, but the real improvement is Touma who just looks absolutely menacing when she scowls (sharpening the end of her eyes is my personal favourite ), so I can overlook animation inconsistencies as I love the changes otherwise.

Of course, I'd rather have both the current designs and animation consistency, but as a romance fanatic I can't really be picky since these type of adaptations don't have as much budget. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 00:42   Link #1063
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The special xmas present they mentioned is apparently the signed copies of WA2's scripts. There are only three to give out, and it's probably Japan residents only, so, booooo.
Old 2013-12-21, 12:01   Link #1064
Key Board
Carbon

I was going to explain the significance of "Powder Snow" but Takeya did it for me. Xd
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 13:45   Link #1065
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol.... they really used all of the game's song again...
twinkle snow '13 at your service
powder snow.... a song fit to be played at almost or at the end of White Album
It's almost the end, almost the wrap up of the things....
next season or not, will be up to the audience.... if they hope for more things, support it, if they will be satisfied with this then..... ugh....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 14:46   Link #1066
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So this is the happiest episode for KazusaXHaruki... because going by what was shown in episode 1, it's only going to get sadder for that couple from now on. It's so tempting to go full on cheer for this couple, but Setsuna this episode does the right thing and encourage Haruki to go look for Kazusa. With that smile, I can't seem to fault her for 'stealing' Haruki knowing full well the two had feelings for each other, as the idea of 'the three always together' seems to be bourne out of guilt from her actions.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 15:52   Link #1067
kivredia

So I have shit weather and was kind of sick so I had to kill time and watched it from start to ep12 in 2 days(late to the party). This really isn't good for your heart(even worse if you play piano yourself and the songs are really beatiful). And considering the flashbacks from ep 1 one should prepare for some major sadness next week, right?
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:02   Link #1068
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
So I have shit weather and was kind of sick so I had to kill time and watched it from start to ep12 in 2 days(late to the party). This really isn't good for your heart(even worse if you play piano yourself and the songs are really beatiful). And considering the flashbacks from ep 1 one should prepare for some major sadness next week, right?
O.o this not was the last episode?????? this is the end, touma wins, well she get what she wanted, for me i really hated haruki because of the 180 degres change of character(from a decided and fighter for a coward and annoying guy who choose setsune out of the blank without any real feelings)

this looks like the season of the horrible mcs, first with raul from yuusha and now with haruki, omg, the only for now good mc who i still have hope to not disapoint me is banri from golden times, he still being the "only" to do actions who make he still being what he was supposed tro be.

well from the beginner of this series i really liked but when this train wreck started and haruki get a completly change of character and see touma acting also too much weird from make me started to hate this series and follow just to see how this horrible write series will ending

that ending was so horrible who when i see the tear from the characters i become completly empty of any emotions or feelings too much unreal and artificial drama.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:06   Link #1069
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
O.o this not was the last episode?????? this is the end, touma wins, well she get what she wanted, for me i really hated haruki because of the 180 degres change of character(from a decided and fighter for a coward and annoying guy who choose setsune out of the blank without any real feelings)

this looks like the season of the horrible mcs, first with raul from yuusha and now with haruki, omg, the only for now good mc who i still have hope to not disapoint me is banri from golden times, he still being the "only" to do actions who make he still being what he was supposed tro be.

well from the beginner of this series i really liked but when this train wreck started and haruki get a completly change of character and see touma acting also too much weird from make me started to hate this series and follow just to see how this horrible write series will ending

that ending was so horrible who when i see the tear from the characters i become completly empty of any emotions or feelings too much unreal and artificial drama.
This is not the ending, one episode to go. And once again you show that you don't understand the characters anything at all.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:07   Link #1070
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I won't comment people who don't like this series or Haruki personally. It's to risky on this forum.

I just say that there's one more ep left. It's not the end yet.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:26   Link #1071
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
This is not the ending, one episode to go. And once again you show that you don't understand the characters anything at all.
different visions dont means who i dont understood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I won't comment people who don't like this series or Haruki personally. It's to risky on this forum.

I just say that there's one more ep left. It's not the end yet.
one more episode to go?? well then i believe who now we gonna wait at last 2 weeks almost every anime is doing holiday breaks for christmass and new year

and now who i reflected more about this episode, i see exactly what i see?

haruki really do not go to setsuna party(this i was expectating no problem)

haruki kiss touma in the same night(cheat on setsuna)

then he call SETSUNA TO NURSE HIM?????? the most selfish and worst person i see in my life

then he he recover he run again for touma and keep ignoring(as he started after accept her confession)setsuna, then setsuna make a good move and let him go run to touma

man this guy is so broke in many ways.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:33   Link #1072
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nice discussion here. I personally like all three of them. They are not perfect, but they are like real, flawed, confused human beings. And they are also aware (sometimes) of their own failings, which is good. Dealing with those failings is another matter, but life isn't easy for any of us.

I really forgot that there would be another episode. The ending of ep12 worked for me. Perhaps now we will get a real train-wreck, in slow motion and living colour, lol. I'm certainly hoping for the rumoured second season.

As for the animation, it's good enough for me. Lots of other shows have drifted even further off-model. And in general, the look of the show has been one of the things I have enjoyed about it.

All the lead seiyuus have been good (except for Haruki's weird weeping), but Nabatame Hitomi as Touma just hit it out of the park. A terrific, award-worthy performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessar
...one more episode to go?? well then i believe who now we gonna wait at last 2 weeks almost every anime is doing holiday breaks for christmass and new year....
But this show will not take a break. According to Japanese TV listings, episode 13 will be broadcast next Saturday night at 1:30am on Tokyo MX, as usual.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:38   Link #1073
Burden

There are a lot of reasons to not like characters, a few points that people who have read the VNs (and I'm sure now with the anime, more people as well) bring up are that they dislike Kitahara because he's really just too realistic. The things he does and why he does them feel a little too human. I know I've been in a similar situation as him in the past.

PS: One more episode to wrap up this season, and Introductory chapter with it.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 16:38   Link #1074
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

And then everything that's been cooking up for the last few episodes finally happened. It was a good watch, and lots of nice moments this week. I liked how Setsuna used the moment she decided to sing as a way to describe exactly what she did in Haruki and Touma's little love life. It was a nice touch, and that scene overall just made me like Setsuna a whole lot more.

As for Kazusa, I'm admitedely not a big fan of her because of how she dealt with this from the start, first by being the way she was and then by the whole running away from it even if she meant good. Still, it was nice seeing her being honest to herself for once, and the scene definitely packed a good punch. More so because it might as well be the first moment in this whole show where the romantic feelings between two characters were as honest as they could get, since every other day (with Setsuna) it felt like Haruki wasn't really totally into it, for obvious reasons.

Yet, now is where I'm left scratching my head. Because I could see things getting patched up nicely if Haruki broke up with Setsuna and apologized. Might not be right away, but she's a good girl and seemed conscious of what she did, even somewhat resigned to accepting the idea that "she lost". However, that would take courage from the other two, and everything points out that Kazusa will be running away yet again. And should that happen, I once again can't seem to support her or simply like her all that much... I guess there's the issue with her mum and the piano, but in the end it'd be a bit of not being able to have everything. She's gota make choices, and at this point in time I think the right thing to do would be to stay.

Oh well. Another week to go, and here's hoping S2 gets greenlit eventually.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:48   Link #1075
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Setsuna's 30 minutes becomes Setsuna's 5 seconds. I'll roll with that.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:54   Link #1076
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But this show will not take a break. According to Japanese TV listings, episode 13 will be broadcast next Saturday night at 1:30am on Tokyo MX, as usual.
thanks for the info, then will be a lonely show, cuz almost every other goes a break of at last one week(most of then will be 2 weeks).

as a anime only watcher for me will be good get this on next week without need to wait too much see what we gonna happen now since finally the horrible created train wreck(cuz was a really broke love triangle, where setsuna never ever had any chance and was there just for the luz, like what happened in pet kanojo) is over, setsuna is out of game and what is missing is just touma decide if she will go with her mom or stay with haruki.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:07   Link #1077
Tenzen12

Unlike Setsuna Nanami had chance, but wasn't able work with it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 17:24   Link #1078
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Nice discussion here. I personally like all three of them. They are not perfect, but they are like real, flawed, confused human beings. And they are also aware (sometimes) of their own failings, which is good. Dealing with those failings is another matter, but life isn't easy for any of us.
Amen to that.

In this episode, Setsuna redeemed herself in my eyes. She is aware of what she did, to gain "the most happiness" out of it for herself. And she is aware that in doing so, she probably has broken what could have been something better.

In a nutshell, I can't blame her. She acted on her feelings, and while things didn't go the way she hoped for, I can't pin this on her. Many things contributed to this outcome. She's a very real character with a generally kind and caring disposition.

Quote:
I really forgot that there would be another episode. The ending of ep12 worked for me. Perhaps now we will get a real train-wreck, in slow motion and living colour, lol. I'm certainly hoping for the rumoured second season.
Well, nothing was resolved, really. A LOT of loose ends to tie up - or not! And keeping in mind that Touma's semi-confession towards Setsuna was very genuine...

Quote:
All the lead seiyuus have been good (except for Haruki's weird weeping), but Nabatame Hitomi as Touma just hit it out of the park. A terrific, award-worthy performance.
Amen to that part 2. I think she's one of the main reasons why Touma came over as so charismatic.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 17:27   Link #1079
Miraluka
Banned

Don't expect a twist guys, the last episode will finish what is set on this episode.

Wow, so much tension this episode.

PAW/Okada's Nagi no Asukara could learn many things from here.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 17:30   Link #1080
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Don't expect a twist guys, the last episode will finish what is set on this episode.

Wow, so much tension this episode.

PAW/Okada's Nagi no Asukara could learn many things from here.
man dont ask for this, for me nagi no asukara is much, much better than this series for me using a famous prhase from another anime "it's the opposite", maybe the guys from this product are the ones who learn from nagi how to present more real emotions and better write drama and less empty mc.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical