AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 23:00   Link #1101
Beaver897

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
lol, then really is a matter of taste i prefer much more big cartoon tears than , empty tear just to make fragily peoples cry, and a horrible plot with a horrible developed love triangle who is much more like a guy who dont have ball to confess than love triangle.

if you love tear jerkings and cliffhangers and too much unreal drama fine, but characters who can't be true to what their showed on the start and get a 180 change in personality for the sake of tears no way man.
Wow, you're giving me such a headache from your grammar, your punctuation and these 'words' that you're trying to convey. Can't you just make one concise post and get on with your life afterwards?
Beaver897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 23:42   Link #1102
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes Kurosa View Post
Does 3K mean probably no second season? Also if CC and Coda were 24 episodes on what episode would Touma show up on (Feel free to PM me this)?
The thing is, this season performed poorly in terms of sales, except for IS2. Even 2nd runners like Kill la kill and Non non biyori are predicted to get only ~10k. And we have to note that in WA2's case the anime is to promote the VN, if the disc sales is good there's still a chance for another season.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 00:12   Link #1103
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Someone on another forum actually collected a bunch of different faces that Haruki has throughout the show, and they sure don't look like the same person. Hilarious, but very aggravating to see...
This can't be Satelight's fault, can it? It's clearly an experienced studio given how it handled Macross Frontier--what we're seeing is more likely the result of the production deadlines. I hope these are all fixed by the BD releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Oh well. Another week to go, and here's hoping S2 gets greenlit eventually.
I'd like an S2 as well. I wasn't expecting episode 12 to end where it did. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for in the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In this episode, Setsuna redeemed herself in my eyes. She is aware of what she did, to gain "the most happiness" out of it for herself. And she is aware that in doing so, she probably has broken what could have been something better.
Happiness at the expense of whose feelings? This is the essence of a love triangle, after all.

Also, now that everything in this video has already happened in the anime, I'd like to know how the anime viewers like the OP to the PS3 version of the WA2 game. I actually the way they did it in some of the scenes there:

Back in ep. 11, I found it odd how in Ep. 11 of the anime they didn't show Kazusa consummating the kiss with Haruki; a brush of the lips like that would have been a nice "appetizer" for the kiss at the end of the episode. Also, is "how many times have you kissed Setsuna?" from the game? It sounds like an inverted version of the cliche "how many lovers have you had before me?!" phrase.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2013-12-22 at 00:35.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 00:20   Link #1104
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
The thing is, this season performed poorly in terms of sales, except for IS2. Even 2nd runners like Kill la kill and Non non biyori are predicted to get only ~10k. And we have to note that in WA2's case the anime is to promote the VN, if the disc sales is good there's still a chance for another season.
This.

The main production companies are Aquaplus and Starlight Records. They are responsible for the money invested in the anime. VN sales (and music in the second place) matter more than BD sales in this case. The VITA Version probably is the reason for this adaptation. PS3, VITA and PC versions are selling very well (sold out in some places) if I'm not mistaken.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 01:02   Link #1105
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Schools Days and Reaction to lastest episode:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 02:01   Link #1106
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

everyone frame this memory in your mind. the most well done climatic episode in probably a decade. not only are the characters real, in the sense they have flaws and are human, but they try to redeem themselves as well. Setsuna was written so well, admitting what she had done, and that she knew all along what she had done.

not even to mention Haruki's friends, they know the impact of his decisions, (especially because there really isn't a "right" decision in this case) and try to keep the status quo. amazing. i'm blown away by how this show can maintain such a perfect record for the last 3 episodes.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 02:58   Link #1107
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
This.

The main production companies are Aquaplus and Starlight Records. They are responsible for the money invested in the anime. VN sales (and music in the second place) matter more than BD sales in this case. The VITA Version probably is the reason for this adaptation. PS3, VITA and PC versions are selling very well (sold out in some places) if I'm not mistaken.
Um, you meant Starchild Records, right?

But anyways, if Kazusa going to Europe, I guess Haruki has no choice but to continue dating Setsuna... unless she wants to become an idol.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:04   Link #1108
MasterVampire

how many episodes is this anime?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:21   Link #1109
whitecloud

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

it seems there are people that somehow manage to get a shot at sketches that satelite is working...from the pic it seems is from coda? so does this mean there will be season 2?
Old 2013-12-22, 03:27   Link #1110
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

it seems there are people that somehow manage to get a shot at sketches that satelite is working...from the pic it seems is from coda? so does this mean there will be season 2?
So it's White Album 2 SS????
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 03:32   Link #1111
whitecloud

by the way...how many episode it will be then? since this is only the introductory chapter, the season 2 will have to cover closing chapter + coda...26 episode then?
Old 2013-12-22, 04:17   Link #1112
Ringil

Well, I think the art was a bit off, but still this episode was quite good. I enjoyed the conversation that was partly on the phone. Also, much respect to Setsuna for telling Haruki that Kazusa was at the school.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 11:45   Link #1113
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post

But anyways, if Kazusa going to Europe, I guess Haruki has no choice but to continue dating Setsuna... unless she wants to become an idol.
Yes, my bad.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 11:57   Link #1114
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post

Actualy he has choice break up with Setsuna, and wait year or two instead. In Ichigo 100% main protagonist picked wait for while and it was nice. And in this case it would be most redeeming choice as well.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 12:58   Link #1115
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy he has choice break up with Setsuna, and wait year or two instead. In Ichigo 100% main protagonist picked wait for while and it was nice. And in this case it would be most redeeming choice as well.
Hmm, good point there unless Setsuna develops into a possesive character, that you wouldn't say "no" even if you insist of, let's say breaking up.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 20:58   Link #1116
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

This series is 13 episodes. 13 badly animated episodes.
There's 90% chance that there'll be a season 2. No talk of it on the radio though, and the cast appear to have no clue about a 2nd season, or are pretending to not know...
If you like the story, you might like the writer's other VNs too. Some of them even have traumatized piano player/singers too. All of good quality. None of available in English, I think...
Old 2013-12-22, 23:38   Link #1117
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Eh? There's more? I thought that was the last episode... lol
If you're a Touma fan, you CAN pretend it's the final episode, as it very much felt like one. Especially with second season being up in the air; if the 2nd season does come, I guess you can just treat eps 13 as eps 00 of S2 lol.

Heck, even I thought "damn, that's a very good ending"... until I remembered that episode 1's future scenes didn't happen yet. Then I got a bit depressed since I like Touma by a hair (mainly because as a Harukifag, it's Touma who Haruki as of now loves with his heart), so I actually have half a mind of ignoring the last episode myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Am I the only one who kept screaming at Kazusa to hang up her phone? Girl must have unlimited minutes
I thought unlimited evenings is pretty much standard nowadays?

I personally have unlimited everything at a cheap price (downsides: crap coverage and very inconsistent signal strength, but I don't move around much so idc XD), so I personally didn't think it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
The thing is, this season performed poorly in terms of sales, except for IS2.
Man, I so frikking love Houki, but IS2 was a humongous POS. Sad to think it's those kind of anime that do sell; but I guess at least I liked the mecha battles.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 23:40   Link #1118
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

Also, now that everything in this video has already happened in the anime, I'd like to know how the anime viewers like the OP to the PS3 version of the WA2 game. I actually the way they did it in some of the scenes there:

It's awesome but it's also a bit too spoilerish if you ask me.I mean,it even shows Kazusa kissing sleeping Haruki in the music room after the festival.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 02:10   Link #1119
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
This.

King Records (Starchild) is at the head of the committee, so I wouldn't necessarily say that VN sales matter more than home video and music.

Where Aquaplus is concerned, music was probably a huge reason for resurrecting the White Album brand. In particular, they're promoting Rena Uehara through the game and anime.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 02:53   Link #1120
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, to be fair, some of the scenes shown in ep 1 looked like flashbacks. i'm assuming the stuff with the snow happened prior to graduation (despite the fact that it snows at the end of ep 12..) and the confrontation may or may not have happened prior to Kazusa leaving the first time.

but who knows. i may pretend that ep 12 is the last ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical